• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:05
CEST 23:05
KST 06:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8298 users

THE BETA IS UP!!! (Kinda) - Page 95

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 101 Next
Me0w
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden52 Posts
July 09 2010 13:12 GMT
#1881
This just... This just... Sucks...
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 13:17:19
July 09 2010 13:13 GMT
#1882
Finally an update.
Not saying anything we didn't already know, but I'm glad they released something. Anything was better than nothing at this point.

I was wondering about something though. They decided to first fix the issues they had on the US before releasing the new versions. What would you guys prefer: Buggy as crap beta access for a few days or 1 extra day of no-access but smooth sailing?

EDIT: Damn you timezones! Why is this a problem actually? If they have the same server-set-up everywhere and you have 1 up and running, does it take the same amount of time to set up the second? Can you only do during the day? Who's sleeping at that time, the server?
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
Schulzor
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany88 Posts
July 09 2010 13:17 GMT
#1883
I would be happy when I just could use the Map Editor :/
Ceterum censeo Bavariam esse delendam
Me0w
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden52 Posts
July 09 2010 13:29 GMT
#1884
On July 09 2010 22:09 Helios.Star wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 16:32 Backpeddle wrote:
On July 09 2010 16:29 WolfStar wrote:
Guys raging is a little off, this is a beta. They have not released SC2, they have made no promises that it will be available. If for some reason we can't play once the game is released then rage away, I certainly wont be happy.

But that is simply not the case, very few people (my self not entirely included) know how the development of any seriously complicated software goes. From Blizzards point of view this is what the beta is for, I know it sucks I stayed in last night in the hope it would come up. When I finish work at 4 today I would really like to play this evening but we will just have to wait and see.

I expect if we get a patch at some point today then battlenet will reappear shortly after.


True but the fact that it keeps dragging out and that US ppl can play and we can't, I wanna play aswell.. ); I feel so left out


Why does everybody else keep thinking that its just working fine for US players? I, along with many others, are not even able to log into the server because of a playtime error message. If everything was OK with the US server, dont you think they would bring the other two online?

Well it seems to be working fine for most US players. If they released the beta in the other regions, that would make a lot more people able to play than those last people in the US. They could release it everywhere and fine tune it afterwards. I rather take the risk of getting the playtime error and have to wait longer, than sitting here, rolling my thumbs and not being able to do anything.
Helios.Star
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States548 Posts
July 09 2010 14:02 GMT
#1885
On July 09 2010 22:29 Me0w wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 22:09 Helios.Star wrote:
On July 09 2010 16:32 Backpeddle wrote:
On July 09 2010 16:29 WolfStar wrote:
Guys raging is a little off, this is a beta. They have not released SC2, they have made no promises that it will be available. If for some reason we can't play once the game is released then rage away, I certainly wont be happy.

But that is simply not the case, very few people (my self not entirely included) know how the development of any seriously complicated software goes. From Blizzards point of view this is what the beta is for, I know it sucks I stayed in last night in the hope it would come up. When I finish work at 4 today I would really like to play this evening but we will just have to wait and see.

I expect if we get a patch at some point today then battlenet will reappear shortly after.


True but the fact that it keeps dragging out and that US ppl can play and we can't, I wanna play aswell.. ); I feel so left out


Why does everybody else keep thinking that its just working fine for US players? I, along with many others, are not even able to log into the server because of a playtime error message. If everything was OK with the US server, dont you think they would bring the other two online?

Well it seems to be working fine for most US players. If they released the beta in the other regions, that would make a lot more people able to play than those last people in the US. They could release it everywhere and fine tune it afterwards. I rather take the risk of getting the playtime error and have to wait longer, than sitting here, rolling my thumbs and not being able to do anything.


It's probably easier to fix it when it isnt even up than when tens of thousands, maybe hundreds, are all trying to log in and play games at the same time. Also, how do we know that the problem isnt that every player that logs in on eu and asia gets the playtime error, and they wont bring it up until people can actually login all the way?
Me0w
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden52 Posts
July 09 2010 14:12 GMT
#1886
Well, that's all speculation and I guess there's no point in arguing about it because I'm sure we'd have completely different opinions if our countries were swapped. All I can say is that I want to fucking play.
Helios.Star
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States548 Posts
July 09 2010 14:26 GMT
#1887
On July 09 2010 23:12 Me0w wrote:
Well, that's all speculation and I guess there's no point in arguing about it because I'm sure we'd have completely different opinions if our countries were swapped. All I can say is that I want to fucking play.


Fair enough. I know what you mean, I want to play too =(. Theres a BO7 going on between TLO and white-ra on www.white-ra.com in about half an hour though so at least we can get some sc2 fix.
ReVolt.inm
Profile Joined July 2010
34 Posts
July 09 2010 14:31 GMT
#1888
Link to best stream/commentary on whitera TLO match plz. tyty
limbokid
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany143 Posts
July 09 2010 14:32 GMT
#1889
Henning will cast this on his stream in english
DISHU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom348 Posts
July 09 2010 14:40 GMT
#1890
LINK limbokid?
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. But what are timeflies and why do they like an arrow?
FromGorkyWithLove
Profile Joined February 2010
Latvia71 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 14:43:29
July 09 2010 14:42 GMT
#1891
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Forsti.henning

and its in 15 mins
habermas
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom304 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 14:44:28
July 09 2010 14:42 GMT
#1892
nvm
iRRelevance
Profile Joined June 2009
Romania725 Posts
July 09 2010 14:43 GMT
#1893
Thank you Henni !
"You can ... draw sounds ?"
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
July 09 2010 15:57 GMT
#1894
EU SERVER

[image loading]
theSAiNT
Profile Joined July 2009
United States726 Posts
July 09 2010 16:11 GMT
#1895
http://www.blizzblues.com/us/starcraft-ii-beta-phase-two-begins-25626351012.html

It's probably been posted elsewhere as well but they said they'd make an announcement regarding EU servers at 11am pdt which is in 2 hours time.
Jenslyn87
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark527 Posts
July 09 2010 16:11 GMT
#1896
Guys if you have another cd key you can make a US account and switch easily with a batch file. That's what me and a friend did and it works without any problems on the US server... sooo good to be playing again! You have something to look forward to. All sorts of small change s
Hmmm, I wonder what terran is doiAAAAARGH BANSHEEEEES
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
July 09 2010 16:22 GMT
#1897
I am wondering if they do not open EU server today, then it will be on monday only cause they do not work on weekends, or are there chances to get it tomorrow? ^^
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Arkhir
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland35 Posts
July 09 2010 16:29 GMT
#1898
They want to start it before the weekend but having seen some of those Blizzard wishes beforehand, I'm very skeptical .
Death to the probe!
Endorsed
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands1221 Posts
July 09 2010 16:30 GMT
#1899
Atleast we'll get it soon.

iRRelevance
Profile Joined June 2009
Romania725 Posts
July 09 2010 16:32 GMT
#1900
On July 10 2010 01:30 Endorsed wrote:
Atleast we'll get it soon.

On July 10 2010 00:57 Mannerheim wrote:
[image loading]
"You can ... draw sounds ?"
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 101 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 500
JuggernautJason26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 654
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 89
Zeus 68
Trap 43
910 33
Bale 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever286
Counter-Strike
edward216
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS123
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4757
Liquid`Hasu2036
Other Games
summit1g6029
shahzam444
byalli418
C9.Mang0180
KnowMe137
UpATreeSC89
Chillindude30
Trikslyr22
Railgan20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur316
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 55m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 55m
Stellar Fest
15h 55m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.