• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:56
CEST 09:56
KST 16:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9012 users

Patch 16 Replay Issue - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
D-Lite
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom223 Posts
June 07 2010 21:05 GMT
#21
i was JUST thinking that davee, hes downloaded alot of replays for the 3 week hiatus so we have alot of tasty viewing pleasure
Real men proxygate
simples
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom54 Posts
June 07 2010 21:19 GMT
#22
SC2 manager can play any replays. Also, I don't understand why you would logically patch the game when its going to offline today.
Thrasymachus725
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada527 Posts
June 07 2010 22:05 GMT
#23
Does no one here read official blue posts on the Battle.net forums?

When the second phase of beta begins shortly before the release of the game it will include a new patch. This patch will be removing all previous version folders. Any replays created during the first phase of the beta will no longer be viewable once the next phase begins.

Quote from Blues.

This is the beginning of that, clearly. I haven't downloaded it because I suspected that.
The meaning of life is to fight.
D-Lite
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom223 Posts
June 07 2010 22:10 GMT
#24
On June 08 2010 07:05 Zanez.smarty wrote:
Does no one here read official blue posts on the Battle.net forums?
Show nested quote +

When the second phase of beta begins shortly before the release of the game it will include a new patch. This patch will be removing all previous version folders. Any replays created during the first phase of the beta will no longer be viewable once the next phase begins.

Quote from Blues.

This is the beginning of that, clearly. I haven't downloaded it because I suspected that.


i stopped going on blizzard official forums a while ago, seeing as the moderators on there dont give half as much of a fuck as they do here, there is no trolling on TL and only valid information gets posted, as opposed to things like

GHOSTCRAWLER PROMISED ME A PONY!
(which is an actual blue post)

there is more trolls on blizzard forums than there is under all the bridges in all the world....see what i did there?
Real men proxygate
Sasquatch
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada126 Posts
June 07 2010 22:13 GMT
#25
On June 08 2010 07:05 Zanez.smarty wrote:
Does no one here read official blue posts on the Battle.net forums?
Show nested quote +

When the second phase of beta begins shortly before the release of the game it will include a new patch. This patch will be removing all previous version folders. Any replays created during the first phase of the beta will no longer be viewable once the next phase begins.

Quote from Blues.

This is the beginning of that, clearly. I haven't downloaded it because I suspected that.


That kind of sucks that they aren't even giving us the option to keep the old versions... I have so much space on my HDD that I would love to be able to go through old replays. Oh well... I guess...
JESUS CHRIST ITS A LION GET IN THE CAR
hellsan631
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States695 Posts
June 07 2010 22:14 GMT
#26
On June 08 2010 07:05 Zanez.smarty wrote:
Does no one here read official blue posts on the Battle.net forums?
Show nested quote +

When the second phase of beta begins shortly before the release of the game it will include a new patch. This patch will be removing all previous version folders. Any replays created during the first phase of the beta will no longer be viewable once the next phase begins.

Quote from Blues.

This is the beginning of that, clearly. I haven't downloaded it because I suspected that.



This is not.

"When the second phase of beta begins", which is in a month, ala "shortly before release of the game".

this patch was put in there to fix a few of the crashing bugs people have been having, just a last minuet thought.

i highly doubt they would get rid of the ability to watch your replays for a month, just so you couldn't do anything sc2 related.

remember, blizzard isnt stupid. they play this game too.
Thrasymachus725
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada527 Posts
June 07 2010 22:20 GMT
#27
On June 08 2010 07:14 hellsan631 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 07:05 Zanez.smarty wrote:
Does no one here read official blue posts on the Battle.net forums?

When the second phase of beta begins shortly before the release of the game it will include a new patch. This patch will be removing all previous version folders. Any replays created during the first phase of the beta will no longer be viewable once the next phase begins.

Quote from Blues.

This is the beginning of that, clearly. I haven't downloaded it because I suspected that.



This is not.

"When the second phase of beta begins", which is in a month, ala "shortly before release of the game".

this patch was put in there to fix a few of the crashing bugs people have been having, just a last minuet thought.

i highly doubt they would get rid of the ability to watch your replays for a month, just so you couldn't do anything sc2 related.

remember, blizzard isnt stupid. they play this game too.


People around here like to pick and choose the time blizzard is stupid and the times blizzard isn't.

I figure Phase 2 is when beta goes down and is primarily closed off the the public. It could be when it comes back up, but I figure it is when it goes down. "Shortly before release," could refer to right now. It really is subjective.

That being said, replays crash when you try opening them offline even when patch 16 isn't downloaded. So really downloading the patch doesn't make them more or less usable. Replays are broken either way.
The meaning of life is to fight.
OminouS
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1343 Posts
June 07 2010 22:25 GMT
#28
On June 08 2010 07:05 Zanez.smarty wrote:
Does no one here read official blue posts on the Battle.net forums?
Show nested quote +

When the second phase of beta begins shortly before the release of the game it will include a new patch. This patch will be removing all previous version folders. Any replays created during the first phase of the beta will no longer be viewable once the next phase begins.

Quote from Blues.

This is the beginning of that, clearly. I haven't downloaded it because I suspected that.



That is really sad news for me. I nicley catogerized and saved all my replays from every tournament and laddermatch I played, into different folders for each patch. I was hoping I would be able to watch them even after the game release =/
On the 6th day JF made Reavers and on the 7th day JF put his opponent to rest
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
June 07 2010 22:29 GMT
#29
Man, I have a bunch of TLO games I want to cast. Hopefully someone can find a fix for watching replays on patch 15
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
June 07 2010 22:33 GMT
#30
i really want to see these TLO games you want to cast so i also hope that the replays get fixed. haha
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 07 2010 22:37 GMT
#31
On June 08 2010 07:25 OminouS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 07:05 Zanez.smarty wrote:
Does no one here read official blue posts on the Battle.net forums?

When the second phase of beta begins shortly before the release of the game it will include a new patch. This patch will be removing all previous version folders. Any replays created during the first phase of the beta will no longer be viewable once the next phase begins.

Quote from Blues.

This is the beginning of that, clearly. I haven't downloaded it because I suspected that.



That is really sad news for me. I nicley catogerized and saved all my replays from every tournament and laddermatch I played, into different folders for each patch. I was hoping I would be able to watch them even after the game release =/

I think not getting to watch replays is an acceptable loss at the cost of saving like 10 gigabytes of space for old patch data.

And replays from early beta obviously wouldn't be watchable past release anyway. Having players install a bunch of old beta patches just on the off-chance that they might watch replays from beta is sort of stupid.
Moderator
karlitosway
Profile Joined May 2010
England15 Posts
June 07 2010 22:38 GMT
#32
a blizzard should know better.
hate it when mutalisks get in your room
NeonGenesis
Profile Joined September 2005
Norway260 Posts
June 07 2010 22:41 GMT
#33
I've not patched, but the game still crashes when I try to drag-and-drop patch 15 replays with patch 15 client? Is there something I can do?

This kinda reeks...
It's all good. I just want rainbows, unicorns and machine guns. -Sundance DiGiovanni
Bob300
Profile Joined April 2010
United States505 Posts
June 07 2010 22:43 GMT
#34
Mine didn't work before the patch and still don't now so i don't think its case of patch "16"
NYC Suburbs --- College Freshman --- Season 1 - Drone Whiskey
theSAiNT
Profile Joined July 2009
United States726 Posts
June 07 2010 22:46 GMT
#35
I'm on the EU server. Just applied patch 16 (by mistake, wishfully logging on to bnet to see if it was still up and it auto applied the patch) and still managed to successfully load the recent Sen vs TLO bo7. Haven't tried earlier patches but at least this one works.
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
June 07 2010 23:02 GMT
#36
I can get hardly any replays to work. I havent gotten any to work that are from the last couple of days.
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
Canukian
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada69 Posts
June 07 2010 23:11 GMT
#37
All my post patch 16 games work
SC1 - Horrible, SC2beta - im less bad
HalfAmazing
Profile Joined May 2008
Netherlands402 Posts
June 07 2010 23:24 GMT
#38
It's awesome. Played hundreds of games the last week or so, so I'd have something to watch while the beta was unavailable. Now I'm forced to do something productive. Lame.
You can figure out the other half.
hobbesss
Profile Joined June 2010
24 Posts
June 07 2010 23:43 GMT
#39
i'm able to load replays through drag and drop.

I go to replay folder, grad replay and drop it on the sc2 icon and they work.
tosS.ita
Profile Joined May 2010
Italy523 Posts
June 08 2010 00:02 GMT
#40
I can't load any rep from patch 15... but I can load any prevous patch rep... using the sc2 launcher
aka: [Lw]Tropper, tosS[Lw], aiC)tosS, 88han-tosS
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1379
BeSt 305
Soulkey 204
Soma 188
sorry 122
Mind 71
Bale 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 616
Counter-Strike
edward214
Other Games
summit1g9039
Coldzera 698
WinterStarcraft670
C9.Mang0251
Sick216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick712
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2200
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.