• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:13
CEST 01:13
KST 08:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8788 users

Patch 9 Update Problems? - Page 30

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 Next All
chirievalord
Profile Joined May 2009
Costa Rica92 Posts
April 23 2010 13:30 GMT
#581
My only problem are disconnects... Usually after I get my Lair... There's a complete freeze of the game, I get a prompt that says I got dropped and the entire application crashes.

I can either click on Surrender or Go back to Game but both options freeze the game and then make it crash

You guys think this is related?
Sensator
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia377 Posts
April 23 2010 13:39 GMT
#582
I had this problem:
+ Show Spoiler +
The patch "base\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data\TriggerLibs\MeleeAI.galaxy" could not be applied. (Invalid source file size: expected 49197, actual 54864.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)


Confirming that I did have the AI mod installed. I've deleted the AI mod and SC2--I just reinstalled and am downloading the patch which has now taken hours 'Your computer appears to be behind a firewall.' the same thing I got before. Hopefully it works this time, if not I guess I'll have to wait.
Capteone
Profile Joined March 2010
United States197 Posts
April 23 2010 13:44 GMT
#583
is anyone else still having the looping error when they try to patch? I'm fine waiting until a fix comes if there is one coming..
Devious-Gaming - www.Devious-Gaming.co.cc
RyanS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States620 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 14:38:30
April 23 2010 14:35 GMT
#584
Why was the OP in this thread edited say it is fixed? It isn't fixed for me, and it appears that it isn't for quite a few others as well. :/ I don't see any Blizzard posts saying it is fixed.
vergibaby
Profile Joined February 2008
United States20 Posts
April 23 2010 14:43 GMT
#585
still relooping for me
get money
k20a
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada412 Posts
April 23 2010 15:04 GMT
#586
still goin fruit loops here
"It's like that one time Luke Skywalker threw the ring in to Mordor to kill Hitler, or something" - Tasteless
xCenasfu
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland143 Posts
April 23 2010 15:09 GMT
#587
So I installed manually to patch 9. I can now go into the login screen, but when I hit login the game freezes and crashes. Great.
Polar_Nada
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States1548 Posts
April 23 2010 15:11 GMT
#588
On April 23 2010 22:39 Sensator wrote:
I had this problem:
+ Show Spoiler +
The patch "base\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data\TriggerLibs\MeleeAI.galaxy" could not be applied. (Invalid source file size: expected 49197, actual 54864.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)


Confirming that I did have the AI mod installed. I've deleted the AI mod and SC2--I just reinstalled and am downloading the patch which has now taken hours 'Your computer appears to be behind a firewall.' the same thing I got before. Hopefully it works this time, if not I guess I'll have to wait.

i had the exact same situation as u. reinstalling it fixes it =)
[ReD]NaDa and fnaticMSI.SEn fighting~! ::POlar @ UC Irvine::
kolli
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden27 Posts
April 23 2010 15:15 GMT
#589
On April 23 2010 22:25 xCenasfu wrote:
It seems my SC2 only updates to around patch 4 and tried to start the game with that patch. :/


Same for me. And when I start the game it crashes as soon as the login screen pops up. I tried patching manually using this method, but I still get the same error. Guess we just have to wait. :/
mrhahn98
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam11 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 16:40:56
April 23 2010 16:32 GMT
#590
Hi guys

I've got my problem solved (almost). I didnt have time to read through all the pages, sorry if anyone has pointed this out, but i post this here so someone new can try if it works for them.

I'm from VietNam, i've recieved my beta key from my friend a day ago, i was very eager to install it. But when making my Bnet account. I selected Vietnam as where i live, i was locked with Korean region. I didnt think it was a big deal because i can change the language to English. But after locked the beta key to my account, i realized that i cant change region and i'm stuck with korean's version.

Now the problem with the patch. As some guys above said, it only patches to about patch4 and then THINK it's the final patch, when i start the game up , it crash.

First i tried to download the patches manually and install, but it didnt work, i realized that there are patches for localized version also (EU, KR) , and those patches i downloaded manually didnt come with it

Then i tried this method and it worked. At least right now it's downloading all the pactches (including regional patch) normally

-Re-install SC2, open starcraft2.exe , let it update.
-When it said, patched successful , do not hit the play button
-Close the Launcher.
-No in the folder SUPPORT, u see the reallist.stf.
-Open itt with notepad, if u have like "set patchlist kr-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch"
-Then change it to "set patchlist us-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch"
-Open starcraft2.exe again, it will continue to update
-Notice on the bar, see what version it's at, if it's not the lastest version, go to the support folder, then change the reallist.stf again
-Then open starcraft2.exe, it should continue downloading and patching
-Do this again and again until it's at the final patch, because the reallist.stf file got reset everytime a new patch apply
-After it's at the lastest patch, u can enter the game, no crash.


-Only Problem is: i cannot login for now both US and KR version, alot of people get this too, maybe blizz is having problem with Bnet

edited, i screwed up the to-do order
SVN-ShaS
Profile Joined January 2010
Australia258 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 16:37:29
April 23 2010 16:32 GMT
#591
So the battle net ladder is down?

i used sc2Switcher and it work, but when i logged in it say Invalid Version, please try again later

so that mean ladder down yeh?

edit: @ mrhahn98 can i please have ur yahoo ? coz im vietnamese to ^^
I love FlaSh !!!
mrhahn98
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam11 Posts
April 23 2010 16:42 GMT
#592
On April 24 2010 01:32 SVN-ShaS wrote:
So the battle net ladder is down?

i used sc2Switcher and it work, but when i logged in it say Invalid Version, please try again later

so that mean ladder down yeh?

edit: @ mrhahn98 can i please have ur yahoo ? coz im vietnamese to ^^


I sent it to you. Also, dont run SC2 with sc2switcher, people say it will always say invalid version. i'm not sure though
Ujujinsan
Profile Joined April 2010
Poland8 Posts
April 23 2010 18:20 GMT
#593
On April 24 2010 01:32 mrhahn98 wrote:
Hi guys

I've got my problem solved (almost). I didnt have time to read through all the pages, sorry if anyone has pointed this out, but i post this here so someone new can try if it works for them.

I'm from VietNam, i've recieved my beta key from my friend a day ago, i was very eager to install it. But when making my Bnet account. I selected Vietnam as where i live, i was locked with Korean region. I didnt think it was a big deal because i can change the language to English. But after locked the beta key to my account, i realized that i cant change region and i'm stuck with korean's version.

Now the problem with the patch. As some guys above said, it only patches to about patch4 and then THINK it's the final patch, when i start the game up , it crash.

First i tried to download the patches manually and install, but it didnt work, i realized that there are patches for localized version also (EU, KR) , and those patches i downloaded manually didnt come with it

Then i tried this method and it worked. At least right now it's downloading all the pactches (including regional patch) normally

-Re-install SC2, open starcraft2.exe , let it update.
-When it said, patched successful , do not hit the play button
-Close the Launcher.
-No in the folder SUPPORT, u see the reallist.stf.
-Open itt with notepad, if u have like "set patchlist kr-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch"
-Then change it to "set patchlist us-beta.patch.battle.net:1120/patch"
-Open starcraft2.exe again, it will continue to update
-Notice on the bar, see what version it's at, if it's not the lastest version, go to the support folder, then change the reallist.stf again
-Then open starcraft2.exe, it should continue downloading and patching
-Do this again and again until it's at the final patch, because the reallist.stf file got reset everytime a new patch apply
-After it's at the lastest patch, u can enter the game, no crash.


-Only Problem is: i cannot login for now both US and KR version, alot of people get this too, maybe blizz is having problem with Bnet

edited, i screwed up the to-do order


Wow great post! worked for me ! I do not have crashes anymore and I cn see the logon screen!
Phoolis
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland1 Post
April 23 2010 18:44 GMT
#594
mrhahn98's workaround worked for me too. The game no longer crashes at startup and I can see the logon screen. Unfortunately I can't actually login, but get the "Invalid Version. Please Try Again Later" error. Is this because the patch 9 hasn't been applied to EU servers yet or what's going on?

(This is my first post on TL, but I've been following the scene since I first got interested in SC2 a few months ago.)
mrhahn98
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam11 Posts
April 23 2010 18:50 GMT
#595
i noticed that too, i've got "Battle net is down or your connection..." when trying to login to US client. My Korean client get "invalid version". I think somehow other region server of SC2 (except the US) is not upgraded to the lastest patch yet, that's the reason why we can only download from US server by editing the reallist.stf . Just my speculation....
Jix
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore5 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-24 03:10:15
April 24 2010 03:07 GMT
#596
Hi everyone, after so long time, I am still getting this issue up on me.

Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "D:\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Assets". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at D:\--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The data being read was "Assets\Effects\Protoss\NullifierBeam\NullifierBeam.m3", and the error code was 0.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (Converter::Load)

Can someone please help me out?

Just to addon that, I reinstalled a tons of times and did not work. I also dled the patch manually and it did not work as well. Any ides?
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
April 24 2010 03:33 GMT
#597
Every time I try using the patch, my game gets about 1/2 to 3/4 done, and then freezes completely. can anyone help?
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
BamBam
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
745 Posts
April 24 2010 03:37 GMT
#598
Has anyone gotten a BSOD when attempting to patch? My CPU keeps crashing whenever I am trying to update the patch. ><
"two is way better than twice as one" - artosis
arew
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Lithuania1861 Posts
April 24 2010 05:48 GMT
#599
Do you guys know what is actual size of patch 9 to download?
750/750 emotions fully stacked
kavaron
Profile Joined April 2010
Greece22 Posts
April 24 2010 10:49 GMT
#600
Here is how I fixed mine. I uninstalled the previous version and I logged in to battle.net and downloaded from the beginning all the files. When the installation finished I only downloaded patch 10, all the other patches were embedded in the installation. Worked like a charm.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O176
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 493
ZZZero.O 176
Hyun 157
Dota 2
monkeys_forever423
League of Legends
Doublelift3976
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4372
Liquid`Hasu443
Other Games
summit1g14220
FrodaN1547
JimRising 390
KnowMe240
Livibee194
ViBE117
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick866
BasetradeTV1
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Adnapsc2 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1190
Other Games
• imaqtpie1007
• Shiphtur564
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 48m
Patches Events
15h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 48m
OSC
23h 48m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.