• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:14
CEST 17:14
KST 00:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7285 users

Patch 9 Update Problems? - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 31 Next All
Spartacus
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada10 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-22 23:35:16
April 22 2010 22:58 GMT
#321
*** I updated my previous posting, again. There's less retardation in the thread now, however.

Holy shit people. OK. I am going to lay out the facts for EVERYONE HERE, since many of you demonstrate a severe deficiency in reading capabilities.

1. OMGZ DOWNLOAD??? Yes, the download took freaking forever. Just let it download. Stop asking questions.
2. WAHHH INFINITE LOOP??? Yes, we are all getting an error where after it is done downloading, the patcher seems to be stuck in a loop. Blizzard has responded here, telling us to hold tight.
3. DO I NEED TO REINSTALL??? No. This will not solve anything.
4. DO I HAZ PATCH??? You can tell if you have it by navigating to Starcraft II Beta > Versions > you should be looking for a folder called "Base15097." If it is there, then you have the patch. If it's not there, you don't have the patch. Simple as that.
5. MY GAME WORKS!!! Even IF you were to get the game started, it wouldn't matter because Blizzard took Battle.net offline to do some upgrades. Again, sit tight and just WAIT for their response.
6. I DIDN'T LISTEN TO BLIZZ SO I REINSTALLED AND IT DON'T WORK!!! In this case, I think the online download Blizz is offerring has the faulty patch included. They'll offer a fix soon for this.
7. I CAN SEEKRETLY LAUNCH THE GAME!!! Yes, if you have the patch downloaded (see #4) you can actually start SC2 by navigating to: Starcraft II Beta > Support > SC2Switcher.exe. This will weirdly launch the game, but will give you a bajillion errors saying that Battle.Net is down (which it is).

/passiveaggressive
No.
Anther
Profile Joined March 2010
United States87 Posts
April 22 2010 22:59 GMT
#322
I'm mad everyone on the first two pages were calling it a recursive loop. I'm... not quite seeing the recursion o_O.
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
April 22 2010 23:00 GMT
#323
The reason the launcher goes through a loop is because B.net is down I believe. This exact same thing happened a month and a half ago (patch 4 or 5), and as soon as B.net came back up the launcher stopped looping and the game worked normally. Switcher does get your game up but since B.net is done that is useless. I wonder how much longer it can be down for.

For the time being if you're dieing to play for whatever reason, open the editor, go into the Battle.net cache folder and find a map and open that up, and then do a 'test Document (CTRL+F9)' and you will be able to build stuff, if you want to face AI, change Player control to AI, and then do that. You'll still face the horrible very easy AI.
i-bonjwa
totallybast0s
Profile Joined April 2010
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 01:11:06
April 22 2010 23:01 GMT
#324
[image loading]


User was temp banned for this post.
Notorious-B.I.G
Profile Joined February 2010
77 Posts
April 22 2010 23:04 GMT
#325
On April 23 2010 07:55 asdfTT123 wrote:
This is just something I found peculiar:

I loaded SC2 through the SC2Switcher.exe in the Support folder and when it gave me the message that Battle.net is down, I clicked okay and a bunch of strange pop-ups flashed on the screen with beeping. Anyone else get that?



yes i did also
Toran7
Profile Joined March 2010
United States160 Posts
April 22 2010 23:08 GMT
#326
Well this stinks. I finally get a beta key yesterday. It takes 18 hours to download, install, and patch. I set my alarm extra, extra early because I have an 8:00 chem class. Get to play two ladder qualifying matches before driving to school. Come home and this happens.

And people who have been playing for months are QQ'ing I've only played two games! raghghgh
fatduck
Profile Joined April 2010
United States148 Posts
April 22 2010 23:08 GMT
#327
looks like the mac update rumors were true
good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers
Spartacus
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada10 Posts
April 22 2010 23:09 GMT
#328
On April 23 2010 08:08 fatduck wrote:
looks like the mac update rumors were true


Well played, Sir.
No.
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
April 22 2010 23:10 GMT
#329
LOLOLOLOL
n.Die_Jaedong <3
Savio
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1850 Posts
April 22 2010 23:11 GMT
#330
I'm so glad I am not the only one having this issue.
The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery. – Winston Churchill
Snausages
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States529 Posts
April 22 2010 23:11 GMT
#331
way to ruin my day, Blizzard.
teaaaaaaaa
brotosterone
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States260 Posts
April 22 2010 23:12 GMT
#332
On April 23 2010 08:08 fatduck wrote:
looks like the mac update rumors were true


LOL wow nice.
Excuses
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4 Posts
April 22 2010 23:15 GMT
#333
On April 23 2010 08:08 fatduck wrote:
looks like the mac update rumors were true


xD I fell off my chair
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
April 22 2010 23:16 GMT
#334
On April 23 2010 08:08 fatduck wrote:
looks like the mac update rumors were true

LOOOOOOOL
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
April 22 2010 23:17 GMT
#335
you from cupertino? did you go to monte vista?
tubs
Profile Joined March 2010
764 Posts
April 22 2010 23:18 GMT
#336
On April 23 2010 08:08 fatduck wrote:
looks like the mac update rumors were true


At first, I was like LOL at the loop joke.

And then, I was like /sadface at the lack of a download link to a mac beta.
"Roach dies to immortal and rockit black guy" - Tierdal.thex
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
April 22 2010 23:19 GMT
#337
On April 23 2010 08:08 Toran7 wrote:
Well this stinks. I finally get a beta key yesterday. It takes 18 hours to download, install, and patch. I set my alarm extra, extra early because I have an 8:00 chem class. Get to play two ladder qualifying matches before driving to school. Come home and this happens.

And people who have been playing for months are QQ'ing I've only played two games! raghghgh


Haha I have you beat I played 3 games
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
April 22 2010 23:20 GMT
#338
On April 23 2010 08:08 fatduck wrote:
looks like the mac update rumors were true


Well played ^___^

So does everyone get looped or is it just some people? Randomly? Pattern?
TranslatorBaa!
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
April 22 2010 23:20 GMT
#339
On April 23 2010 08:17 JiYan wrote:
you from cupertino? did you go to monte vista?


It's Monta Vista.

Monte Vista is a different school not in Cupertino.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
April 22 2010 23:21 GMT
#340
its everyone, its looping cuz b.net is down most likely
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM270
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 270
Reynor 222
ByuN 142
TKL 113
Railgan 79
Codebar 65
BRAT_OK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60882
Bisu 2827
FanTaSy 1015
Stork 849
Rush 432
hero 426
firebathero 209
Snow 165
Sharp 80
Mind 71
[ Show more ]
Free 59
Sea.KH 59
Pusan 51
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 39
Sexy 31
Mong 29
Hm[arnc] 24
Bale 24
Terrorterran 24
Rock 19
Aegong 18
HiyA 17
soO 17
yabsab 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
scan(afreeca) 9
Noble 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8603
Dendi1008
Counter-Strike
fl0m4127
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
singsing2535
Liquid`RaSZi1383
B2W.Neo766
Beastyqt587
olofmeister509
Mlord450
Khaldor408
KnowMe297
Hui .219
crisheroes168
Chillindude59
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV238
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV591
League of Legends
• Nemesis3431
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1717
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 46m
OSC
7h 46m
Replay Cast
7h 46m
OSC
20h 46m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.