• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:16
CEST 06:16
KST 13:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10739 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 687

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 685 686 687 688 689 1118 Next
Sqalevon
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands523 Posts
November 01 2010 15:49 GMT
#13721
On November 02 2010 00:47 Mushin wrote:
What is today's funday Monday?


2v2 your team has to be same race, and you cant build units that your partner is building, so split units 50/50 beforehand.
NeonGenesis
Profile Joined September 2005
Norway260 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-01 15:57:48
November 01 2010 15:53 GMT
#13722
On November 02 2010 00:46 Forak wrote:
Anyone else impressed with DjWheats play overall? Especially considering he was under pressure being in the spotlight so much.. I can't believe he's only in platinum level.
Certainly was a great episode, very very helpful.

Yes, and judging from that it definitely seems like it takes more to be Diamond in the US than in EU. I've only played 28 1v1 ladder matches (can't be bothered to play because of lousy connection, try micro with 1 sec delay) and placed #1 in my Platinum division with 20-8 score, and I quickly only faced people who were ranked 1-10 in Diamond. Wheat seems to be better than me judging by his play and considering the circumstances.
It's all good. I just want rainbows, unicorns and machine guns. -Sundance DiGiovanni
ghostsquall
Profile Joined September 2010
United States187 Posts
November 01 2010 15:56 GMT
#13723
you can tell day[9] is tasteless' brother when he takes his glasses off. they look so alike. o_O
i pwn n00bs
Slakter
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden1947 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-01 15:58:10
November 01 2010 15:57 GMT
#13724
DjWheat had over 1k mins pretty much all game long and never teched, how can you be impressed? ^^

Not bashing Wheat, I love the guy and have huge respect for his work, but I still think his play was pretty bad.
Protoss, can't live with em', can't kill em'.
AyJay
Profile Joined April 2010
1515 Posts
November 01 2010 15:59 GMT
#13725
On November 02 2010 00:57 Sl4ktarN wrote:
DjWheat had over 1k mins pretty much all game long and never teched, how can you be impressed? ^^

Not bashing Wheat, I love the guy and have huge respect for his work, but I still think his play was pretty bad.

Not everyone is born as starcraft player. The skill DjWheat showed is pretty impressive way better than any halo kid could pull out.
NeonGenesis
Profile Joined September 2005
Norway260 Posts
November 01 2010 16:00 GMT
#13726
On November 02 2010 00:57 Sl4ktarN wrote:
DjWheat had over 1k mins pretty much all game long and never teched, how can you be impressed? ^^

Not bashing Wheat, I love the guy and have huge respect for his work, but I still think his play was pretty bad.

I try to attribute that to the fact that he must've been stressed out
It's all good. I just want rainbows, unicorns and machine guns. -Sundance DiGiovanni
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
November 01 2010 16:01 GMT
#13727
I wouldn't say his play was impressive, but it was far from bad. He felt like a 1500 Diamond to me. I'm sure the mistakes were due to pressure.

"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Slakter
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden1947 Posts
November 01 2010 16:01 GMT
#13728
On November 02 2010 00:59 AyJay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2010 00:57 Sl4ktarN wrote:
DjWheat had over 1k mins pretty much all game long and never teched, how can you be impressed? ^^

Not bashing Wheat, I love the guy and have huge respect for his work, but I still think his play was pretty bad.

Not everyone is born as starcraft player. The skill DjWheat showed is pretty impressive way better than any halo kid could pull out.

Ofcourse, but I still dont get why people praise him so much when he´s about as good as the average TLer.

As I said, dont take this as bashing.
Protoss, can't live with em', can't kill em'.
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
November 01 2010 16:03 GMT
#13729
On November 02 2010 00:57 Sl4ktarN wrote:
DjWheat had over 1k mins pretty much all game long and never teched, how can you be impressed? ^^

Not bashing Wheat, I love the guy and have huge respect for his work, but I still think his play was pretty bad.

Dont forget he said this is his first RTS ever.
And he got pressure of the i dunno, 8k viewers and the legendary day9 staring at his game the whole time.
I think i would break at that point.
osten
Profile Joined March 2008
Sweden316 Posts
November 01 2010 16:09 GMT
#13730
I don't know why you are discussing how good he is. I loved this episode extremely much. Really Sean should do more coaching! I think he was at a level where we would learn things that are applicable to almost everyone. I like that. He demonstrated normal play in a perfect way, one of the best subjects day[9] could have found.
AyJay
Profile Joined April 2010
1515 Posts
November 01 2010 16:14 GMT
#13731
On November 02 2010 01:01 Sl4ktarN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2010 00:59 AyJay wrote:
On November 02 2010 00:57 Sl4ktarN wrote:
DjWheat had over 1k mins pretty much all game long and never teched, how can you be impressed? ^^

Not bashing Wheat, I love the guy and have huge respect for his work, but I still think his play was pretty bad.

Not everyone is born as starcraft player. The skill DjWheat showed is pretty impressive way better than any halo kid could pull out.

Ofcourse, but I still dont get why people praise him so much when he´s about as good as the average TLer.

As I said, dont take this as bashing.

Except DjWheat isn't your average Tler user. He has been deeply involved into e-sports and gaming in general since wayyy back, he is host of many gaming shows and so on. It's great to see guy like him digging for some Starcraft2 action.
XGDragon
Profile Joined September 2008
Netherlands61 Posts
November 01 2010 16:18 GMT
#13732
Hey Day9, if your reading this, I just did exactly what you told djWHEAT: macro up, keep food up, don't look at the battles, don't forget mutalisks, keep my screen fixed on my scouts and never freak out (immediately made my queen after it died at the expansion).

Guess what? I won miraculously by just doing a quick two pronged attack with zerglings at the front and mutalisks in the back, then completely ignoring the zerglings (save for one quick glance), slightly checking up on the mutalisks and then go back to macro world. I destroyed his complete economy, forcing him to go all-in on me which obviously didn't work out so well.
My current qq: TvT hellions are boring to watch :(
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
November 01 2010 16:19 GMT
#13733
I noticed his opponent was slight favored too ...
perhaps he is soon to be promoted even being #26 from his div ? xDD
Typho0n
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada276 Posts
November 01 2010 16:24 GMT
#13734
he should have 6 pooled in both games
Crackensan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States479 Posts
November 01 2010 16:24 GMT
#13735
I think the daily was more along the lines of things to ask yourself when your playing. Take what day9 says, (Look at your minimap, tap 5 to check larva, tap 6 to check queen energy, tap 7 to check queen energy, ect) all while LOOKING SOMEWHERE ELSE and WORKING on something else is more the point.

Let's assume it was someone else, like silver level or even gold. I think the same process would happen. It was, in my eyes, more of a way to lower level players to analyze there "In the Moment While Playing" fundamentals. I know I do a lot of main view staring rather than using the bottom part of the screen (Mini-map, unit display, hotkeys) to do my required tasks. That is bad, and clearly if I follow what was presented in this daily, can improve.

I also like the bit about ignoring certain aspects of the game (Box, 1a into the back of the base, and ignore it while you macro) to focus on other things that take precedent over the current situation, like your spawn larva or other macro mechanics, like actually making stuff to kill the other guy.

Probably one of the best daily's on how one should actually manage tasks and how best to efficiently do it.
Tasteless: "Well this strategy is made of balls"--Concerning Fruitdealer Vs. BoXeR
BloodBaron
Profile Joined October 2010
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-01 16:39:20
November 01 2010 16:37 GMT
#13736
On November 02 2010 00:57 Sl4ktarN wrote:
DjWheat had over 1k mins pretty much all game long and never teched, how can you be impressed? ^^

Not bashing Wheat, I love the guy and have huge respect for his work, but I still think his play was pretty bad.



I think the point was that his skill lvl seemed higher than his platinum rank indicated, but if you look at his bonus pool (and the frantic nature of his play) it's understandable why. He probably doesn't play much, particularly 1v1 ladder; combined with his "fast" play it makes fine macro control very hard. So, as was said, he has the strategic sense to be a much better player, but his mechanics (and lack of regular play) were keeping him lower than he should be.

Edit...as day pointed out, even with him talking over his shoulder he was way ahead over his opponent in food count...and he was the lower ranked player!
Tennet
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1458 Posts
November 01 2010 16:52 GMT
#13737
How many of you don't realize dj is playing on a different account during the daily...
"The harder it gets, the more you need to focus on the basics." - Seo Gyung Jong
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
November 01 2010 16:59 GMT
#13738
On November 02 2010 01:37 BloodBaron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2010 00:57 Sl4ktarN wrote:
DjWheat had over 1k mins pretty much all game long and never teched, how can you be impressed? ^^

Not bashing Wheat, I love the guy and have huge respect for his work, but I still think his play was pretty bad.



I think the point was that his skill lvl seemed higher than his platinum rank indicated, but if you look at his bonus pool (and the frantic nature of his play) it's understandable why. He probably doesn't play much, particularly 1v1 ladder; combined with his "fast" play it makes fine macro control very hard. So, as was said, he has the strategic sense to be a much better player, but his mechanics (and lack of regular play) were keeping him lower than he should be.

Edit...as day pointed out, even with him talking over his shoulder he was way ahead over his opponent
in food count...and he was the lower ranked player!


Actually, I thought his play in the first game looked exactly like platinum play.

Regardless though djwheat is pretty damn baller considering he's got a family and about five hundred other things on the fly. I'm sure if he played as much as the majority of us he'd be diamond easily.

I enjoyed the daily. Obviously he's not going to perform as well while basically relearning how to play on the spot with commands being given to him over his shoulder. It should be noted that the benefits of superior macro were very evident in that second game.
Crosswind
Profile Joined May 2010
United States279 Posts
November 01 2010 17:06 GMT
#13739
Thought this daily was pretty spectacular. I think one of the best things that Day9 brings is the ability to point out stuff that top-notch players do that we wouldn't think to.

Keep your eyes one place, fingers doing something else? Wouldn't have thought of that.
Tapping? New to me.
His focus on playing slow and macroing, really helpful.

Thought this was an excellent episode. More in this vein, please.

-Cross
Eleclight
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland70 Posts
November 01 2010 17:19 GMT
#13740
On November 01 2010 23:25 Sqalevon wrote:
And so Tutoring Thursday was born.

Day[9] better make this happen!
Prev 1 685 686 687 688 689 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings124
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 254
NeuroSwarm 182
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 337
hero 72
sorry 28
Bale 17
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1071
League of Legends
JimRising 730
Counter-Strike
taco 422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King146
Other Games
summit1g10661
Maynarde207
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• Berry_CruncH121
• practicex 28
• Letter145
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota258
League of Legends
• Rush1088
• Stunt222
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 44m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.