• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:06
CEST 15:06
KST 22:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6903 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 616

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 614 615 616 617 618 1118 Next
Soulrivers
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden46 Posts
October 17 2010 11:11 GMT
#12301
In most sporting events, the main commentator usually isn't a former player. At least that's how it works in Sweden, and England too I believe. The 2nd commentator, on the other hand, is almost always a former player, who has more insight in the game and can deliver deeper analyses on what's going on. That being said, the main commentator has to be really into the game, and know exactly what he's talking about, but he doesn't have to do the analysis part at all - that's the 2nd commentator's job. That's why I don't mind a HD + Day9 combo at all, as HD is a fairly knowledgeable caster, and Day9 is the analysis guy. Because let's face it, Day9 isn't nearly as good at delivering live comments in huge battles as he is at talking people through why and how the players are doing what they are.
Phil Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States100 Posts
October 17 2010 14:44 GMT
#12302
I wouldn't say that D9 is a slouch at the live comment aspect though. I've noticed a lot of commentators across the board get tongue tied in those big moments and start misnaming units and butchering their grammar. Completely understandable, and not really detrimental to the game, but I feel like a commentator who can talk us through those crazy moments without that happening will be in his own league, regardless of their analysis skills. It's just a question of professional polish really.
Man, this ain't my dad. This is a cell phone!
ImBa_JaCkAsS
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada200 Posts
October 17 2010 16:15 GMT
#12303
Where can I watch CSL show match that Day9 casted after on Wednesday night
5 Pool for late games
Gonzodamus
Profile Joined September 2010
United States273 Posts
October 17 2010 17:12 GMT
#12304
On October 16 2010 02:16 Clane07226 wrote:
I <3 Day9.

One request though; would be great if these were uploaded to youtube a little bit faster. I dont know how feasible it is, but Blip.tv almost never works correctly for me and runs much slower (I have a terrible connection).



For what it's worth, you can download the files from Blip if the streaming doesn't work. They're not exactly quick to download, but it might be quicker than waiting for YouTube
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 17:14:47
October 17 2010 17:14 GMT
#12305
On October 18 2010 01:15 ImBa_JaCkAsS wrote:
Where can I watch CSL show match that Day9 casted after on Wednesday night


He mentioned during the live cast that he was recording, but it was right before MLG DC, so I'm sure he'll upload them to his regular archives when he gets back and settled.
ToiletDuck
Profile Joined May 2010
United States17 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 20:21:45
October 17 2010 20:19 GMT
#12306
Since Day9 always mentions playing it, I thought it would be appropriate to post here:
[/url]
[image loading]

LolaLA
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada58 Posts
October 17 2010 21:28 GMT
#12307
#200 tonight?
Depart from me, I never knew you.
B34ST
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom150 Posts
October 17 2010 21:46 GMT
#12308
Monday. Is #200.
Rudiment
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States174 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 23:38:21
October 17 2010 21:56 GMT
#12309
is day9 doing a daily tonight?

e: i'm dumb and don't know where to look for info. no daily tonight (sunday)
LolaLA
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada58 Posts
October 17 2010 22:03 GMT
#12310
He canceled this sunday's?
Depart from me, I never knew you.
Shnur
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada42 Posts
October 17 2010 22:19 GMT
#12311
Just discovered that you can watch them on blip.tv! So awesome :D
<3 day[9]!
SCV's defy gravity.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
October 17 2010 22:35 GMT
#12312
is anyone else experiencing lag shots on daily 199?
WriterXiao8~~
LolaLA
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada58 Posts
October 18 2010 01:00 GMT
#12313
Getting sad, hope it's not canceled.
Depart from me, I never knew you.
MrSexington
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1768 Posts
October 18 2010 01:08 GMT
#12314
On October 18 2010 10:00 LolaLA wrote:
Getting sad, hope it's not canceled.


He said #200 was going to be Monday.

(And that #200 wasn't going to be the special one.)

No daily tonight.
Steamboatlol
Profile Joined April 2010
United States161 Posts
October 18 2010 04:49 GMT
#12315
On October 17 2010 20:11 Soulrivers wrote:
In most sporting events, the main commentator usually isn't a former player. At least that's how it works in Sweden, and England too I believe. The 2nd commentator, on the other hand, is almost always a former player, who has more insight in the game and can deliver deeper analyses on what's going on. That being said, the main commentator has to be really into the game, and know exactly what he's talking about, but he doesn't have to do the analysis part at all - that's the 2nd commentator's job. That's why I don't mind a HD + Day9 combo at all, as HD is a fairly knowledgeable caster, and Day9 is the analysis guy. Because let's face it, Day9 isn't nearly as good at delivering live comments in huge battles as he is at talking people through why and how the players are doing what they are.


Here in America almost all of our commentators are former players. I actually do think day9 does a fantastic job in his live commentary. I think him + husky would be a combo just because husky has a lot of "the sauce" (as day9 puts it) in his commentary.
Fork
Profile Joined August 2010
Russian Federation100 Posts
October 18 2010 04:56 GMT
#12316
Day9 is the least nerd sounding caster out of them all.
"get down!"
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
October 18 2010 05:07 GMT
#12317
On October 18 2010 13:49 Steamboatlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 20:11 Soulrivers wrote:
In most sporting events, the main commentator usually isn't a former player. At least that's how it works in Sweden, and England too I believe. The 2nd commentator, on the other hand, is almost always a former player, who has more insight in the game and can deliver deeper analyses on what's going on. That being said, the main commentator has to be really into the game, and know exactly what he's talking about, but he doesn't have to do the analysis part at all - that's the 2nd commentator's job. That's why I don't mind a HD + Day9 combo at all, as HD is a fairly knowledgeable caster, and Day9 is the analysis guy. Because let's face it, Day9 isn't nearly as good at delivering live comments in huge battles as he is at talking people through why and how the players are doing what they are.


Here in America almost all of our commentators are former players. I actually do think day9 does a fantastic job in his live commentary. I think him + husky would be a combo just because husky has a lot of "the sauce" (as day9 puts it) in his commentary.


Day[9] with Husky is my second favorite casting pair, right after Tastosis. They work amazingly well together, with Husky keeping it energetic and entertaining for newer viewers and Day[9] providing that extra insight (along with excitement, don't get me wrong) that people more experienced with the game can appreciate. I really REALLY hope they decide to work together more in the future
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
Kahlan
Profile Joined October 2010
United States15 Posts
October 18 2010 09:44 GMT
#12318
Sooo, totally off topic from current conversation but I have a couple suggestions for Tuesday or Mondays.I recently started listening to these casts. I have a lot to catch up on but I love them! I thought commentators could not get better than Husky or Tastosis but Ohhh Day9, how you make me happy!

Noobie TUESDAY: Im fairly noob so noobie tuesdays are awesome! Can you please do one on how to efficiently get map control without losing defense? I have a huge problem with that. I know protos can make observers and zerg can have overlords but I play Random and when I terran I feel I am pretty stationary. I play it super turtle laid back.. and I really like that.. but I find it almost impossible to scout a lot/destroy their expansions without getting counter pushed over at my base. By the time I get the necessary amount of units to D, Im screwed! I know this is due in part to my lack of map control to know when they are coming. Just a suggestion, please help!

Funday MONDAY! suggestion (don't boo me people if you have already said it or if it sucks!) but maybeee you can do

-Win zerg by playing only on creep (1v1 or 2v2 I guess)
-Win zerg with only queens!
-Win terran withuot base upgrades (planetary fortresses/orbital commands). Also, no bunkers/reactors/medivacs/or salvage structures/units with workers.
-Win protos with only Archons! (Ok, this might be impossible but nobody ever uses them so!)
-Win (insert race) with only an x amount of workers and no cheese/rushes

Well, that is all I can think of for now. You asked for suggestions so there! Please don't bash me too much people, if you don't agree then don't worry because Day9 will probably not pick em =D
Empire
Profile Joined September 2009
22 Posts
October 18 2010 11:49 GMT
#12319
Question: does anyone know if Day has done a daily on Base Layout/SimCity in SC2? I seem to be having a lot more problems in SC2 with building layout/base placement than I did in BW.
BaltA
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Norway849 Posts
October 18 2010 11:56 GMT
#12320
I can't wait for daily 203!
Prev 1 614 615 616 617 618 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 963
RotterdaM474
TKL 199
SteadfastSC178
Rex112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 474
ByuN 276
TKL 199
SteadfastSC 178
Rex 112
Codebar 30
CosmosSc2 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37142
Shuttle 2264
Jaedong 941
Horang2 805
Bisu 672
Soulkey 487
Mini 360
Stork 345
EffOrt 296
Larva 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 241
BeSt 237
Soma 216
Snow 168
ZerO 154
Last 151
Rush 151
Mong 142
firebathero 142
Zeus 93
Free 93
910 79
sorry 70
Mind 66
Hyun 66
Sharp 56
Pusan 51
PianO 51
hero 47
Shinee 40
Yoon 39
Shine 36
JYJ 32
Bale 27
Sexy 25
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3901
Dendi1134
canceldota69
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1191
edward180
fl0m57
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King200
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes499
Lowko303
Other Games
gofns77999
singsing2312
B2W.Neo320
hiko290
DeMusliM216
Pyrionflax179
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX62
QueenE55
Trikslyr37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1501
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV466
League of Legends
• Nemesis1486
• Jankos1328
• TFBlade361
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 54m
The PondCast
20h 54m
INu's Battles
21h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.