• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:28
CEST 14:28
KST 21:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8536 users

UFC/MMA Discussion Thread - Page 134

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 138 Next
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 25 2021 18:18 GMT
#2661
--- Nuked ---
UsedEgg3
Profile Joined May 2019
126 Posts
April 25 2021 18:43 GMT
#2662
When I was first exposed to Usman I recall many, many rounds of holding guys against the cage and stepping on their feet. Now he's knocking dudes out. Bravo.
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
April 25 2021 18:45 GMT
#2663
On April 26 2021 01:57 JimmiC wrote:
I don't think so, Usman is a pressure fighter, Woodly is a guy who avoids everything and waits for one big punch. I don't see any woodly and Usman comparisons.

I agree with this, the common ground is the power to knock people out in one shot, but that's about it. And even then, for Usman, 2 years ago everyone was telling he had pillow hands. Trevor Wittman sure did bring a lot to Usman's arsenal, by refining his stand up game, that also makes his ground game so much scarier - and he didn't seem like he even needed it in his most recent fights.

For Rose, I'd guess the next in line is probably the winner of Esparza vs Xiaonan? They are 4 and 3 respectively and fighting next month, so it works out both for their ranking and the timing. I'd love to see Dern against Marina Rodriguez first if she's indeed soon in line for the title.

Whittaker will wait 100%, Dana White said he was proposed the next title fight but it was only 50ish days after his last fight, so no wonder he turned it down. Really like the Adesanya vs Vettori 2 though, they progressed so much since their last time.

On April 26 2021 01:40 SynC[gm] wrote:
I thought Andrade would have more success with the stand-up but wow, this just shows Shevchenko is just another tier. It really feels like she's the Jon Jones/GSP/Anderson Silva of the division, they keep lining her up with contenders & she just keeps knocking them out of the park. The finish, especially, reminded me of pre-champion Jon Jones with the crucifix & disgusting elbows.

I had no doubt Shevchenko would deal with Andrade, it's the how that is the most impressive. It's hilarious how she likes to fight her opponents on their own strengths. Against Holm in a boxing match for the most part, against Jedrzejczyk with muai thai, Andrade in the clinch and on the ground... Even her second Nunes fight was a masterclass - who has a pretty decent chance of being judged differently if it was fought under the new unified rules of MMA.

And never found Usman boring either. He had boring fights but it was mostly due to specific match-ups. With his new found style it's gonna be extremely hard for him to have another boring fight though.


Also totally agree with the person saying it will not hurt Zhang's stock. Pretty sure down the line we will have a second Namajunas vs Zhang, kinda like we had two Namajunas vs Jedrzejczyk, the second one being an absolute banger of a fight.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 25 2021 18:49 GMT
#2664
--- Nuked ---
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
April 25 2021 18:57 GMT
#2665
He was a bit stunned against Burns once, and took two or three big shots by Covington, but other than that he seems like a bulldozer. And even then he recovered incredibly quickly each time. The dude is a monster. (Almost) no one is shielded from a possible boring fight, it happens sometimes, his fight against Maia was the last one I can remember, mostly because both were terrible in the stand up game back then, and the guy with the wrestling didn't really want to go on the ground with the BJJ legend. Masvidal 1 was short notice, I don't really count that one.
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
April 26 2021 02:56 GMT
#2666
On April 26 2021 01:57 JimmiC wrote:
I don't think so, Usman is a pressure fighter, Woodly is a guy who avoids everything and waits for one big punch. I don't see any woodly and Usman comparisons.

I should've worded it better & now that I think about it, I'm definitely wrong, but I meant more so how the fight would play out, with Thompson being the outside fighter & Usman waiting for that one punch. Though now that you mention it, I doubt Usman would be as tentative as Woodley was, despite the 2 knockdowns. No doubt it's going to be an interesting matchup.

I was also on the same boat as Usman being a "boring" fighter. Not that I didn't enjoy watching him, just that I wasn't necessarily jumping up & down for his fights but I was always going to tune in. But he has definitely put on amazing fights since he became champ, save for the Masvidal 1 fight.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 26 2021 12:28 GMT
#2667
--- Nuked ---
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17873 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-01 19:40:26
May 01 2021 19:35 GMT
#2668
I think Woodley has either a FOTN or POTN in 40% of his UFC fights. He is not nearly as exciting as McG or Rose or Nunes.. however, he is not extremely boring either.
On April 25 2021 23:28 JimmiC wrote:
She actually is, she was the champion. And had one of the greatest, or the greatest female championship fight of all time.

yep, she was a champ. crowds boo-ing her was not her problem. Crowds boo-ing her were a non-factor. Her problem is that her opponent totally outclassed her. Her opponents' striking was brilliant.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 01 2021 19:52 GMT
#2669
--- Nuked ---
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
May 02 2021 07:00 GMT
#2670
I just checked and yeah some of those bonuses are hilarious. His loss against Vincente Luque was horrible, I have no idea why it wasn't a Performance of the Night for Luque instead of Fight of the Night. For his fight against Darren Till, why not, he was on the defensive for 9 minutes and then landed one punch and pummeled Till. His Stephen Thompson draw is the same story, didn't do anything for 23~ minutes, landed one or two takedowns, mauled Wonderboy a bit and that was already a joke that he won those fights. Old rules somehow.

I think I agree with JimmyC for the most part, he was rewarded bonuses for his KOs, not for his performances. To me the most impressive part is how long it took his opponents to figure him out, he's one of the most one dimensional fighters in the game in modern MMA.
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
May 02 2021 17:17 GMT
#2671
Yesterday's card wasn't the most exciting but pretty technical - between Dvalishvili unlimited stamina and Strickland precise boxing. And then the final two fights, wow. Especially Procházka who fights like a video game character where you press all the buttons at the same time. This dude has a granite chin too.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 02 2021 18:49 GMT
#2672
--- Nuked ---
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-07 01:38:18
May 07 2021 01:35 GMT
#2673
Jiri had a sick recovery, getting knocked and just happened to land on him and recovered in an excellent position to maintain control.
XK ßubonic
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
May 14 2021 19:39 GMT
#2674
It's hard to see Jiri maintaing his style though as he'll start to fight more fighters with more respect for his brawling style, but I'm definitely hoping we can see him & methodical Jan fight soon. I think Jan will be too strong for Glover & he will probably be able to keep the fight standing to get a KO or decision win. While Jan obviously isn't unbeatable, he seems to have this awkward boxing style & can remain unfazed as he did against Adesanya.

I'm super pumped for tomorrow's event with Chandler/Oliveira + Ferguson/Dariush. Omg, & Shane Burgos is fighting?! Super pumped!

As much as it'd be awesome to see Oliveira finally get his title after many years, I see Chandler being too strong with his wrestling & threatening the KO. I'm sure the slight height different will look big for Oliveira but Chandler's hand speed against Hooker was crazy & I'll be expecting a KO similar to that. Ferguson is probs the favorite but it would also be nice to see Dariush get a win too. I remember I jumped up & down during his fights with Barboza & Klose. If I'm remebering correctly, he was actually beating Barboza with his pressure for a lot of the fight until the flying knee KO & his fight with Klose shows that dude can definitely keep up, maybe as much as Ferguson. If Ferguson loses though, it's hard to warrant him fighting a top 8 fighter or anyone around that level since it'd be his 3rd straight...
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
May 14 2021 20:50 GMT
#2675
Burgos vs Barboza is going to be the fight of the night, I'm not sure those two guys know how to defend at this point. And how the hell can Barboza make it to 145, he's so huge.

For Oliveira/Chandler I have no idea. Oliveira is a much more complete fighter, but Chandler refined his craft and I feel like he can take Oliveira's head in a single shot. If it goes into a brawl, night's over for Oliveira, but Chandler seems to slow down in the championship rounds. Not to the point where he can't fight anymore, but he's getting less precise and more overextended.

And I agree it's do or die for Ferguson, Dariush is a step down in competition for him, so if he loses here, all he'll have left is a few fun fights and probably retire. If that would happened, that'd be one of the quickest downfall I've ever witnessed in MMA.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-15 01:02:24
May 15 2021 01:01 GMT
#2676
--- Nuked ---
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
May 15 2021 08:08 GMT
#2677
On May 15 2021 10:01 JimmiC wrote:
On the undercard I always like a vannata fight!

Vannata is so fun to watch, even if he's more orthodox than he used to be. I don't think his cardio holds up well however he fights, so I'd like for him to go back to his weird antics!
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 15 2021 12:47 GMT
#2678
--- Nuked ---
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 16 2021 03:01 GMT
#2679
--- Nuked ---
UsedEgg3
Profile Joined May 2019
126 Posts
May 16 2021 05:20 GMT
#2680
Every fight was great except Ferguson getting dominated. I feel like he's a victim of his own toughness, if he could have lost to Gaethje without taking so much damage maybe we don't see him on a 3 fight losing streak. Again tonight, impressive that he didn't tap, but at what cost?

Going back to some previous points, Usman literally stepped on Woodley's toes for 5 rounds. That was boring as hell. Anyway, he's improving dramatically in his standup and is now not only an monster, but an exciting to watch monster.

I don't see how Zhang having been champ makes her some emotionless automaton. You see fighters cry in the cage all the time. That adrenaline gets you juiced up. To me, she looked shocked and demoralized at the negative reception she got. I think that played a factor in her loss, and that's not taking anything away from the greatness of Rose.
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 138 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1031
WardiTV554
OGKoka 252
Rex144
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko395
mouzHeroMarine 339
OGKoka 252
Rex 144
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2241
Larva 1614
Horang2 1435
Shuttle 1075
EffOrt 689
BeSt 518
Soma 463
Mini 285
Hyuk 244
Stork 213
[ Show more ]
ZerO 187
Light 174
ggaemo 122
Rush 121
Zeus 117
Killer 83
Barracks 73
Hyun 65
Sea.KH 48
ToSsGirL 34
Shine 31
Bale 30
Shinee 29
Yoon 26
Mong 26
Aegong 23
PianO 22
sorry 17
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
zelot 14
Sexy 12
Sacsri 10
HiyA 10
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Dendi1781
qojqva1007
BananaSlamJamma176
LuMiX1
League of Legends
KnowMe34
Counter-Strike
x6flipin681
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes265
Other Games
singsing2170
olofmeister1615
B2W.Neo555
hiko270
Sick231
XaKoH 216
Pyrionflax160
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream584
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2120
Other Games
• WagamamaTV218
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 32m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.