• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:12
CEST 19:12
KST 02:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9327 users

TL Fantasy Hockey 2014 - Page 3

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
March 26 2015 02:16 GMT
#41
I really enjoy rotisserie leagues and would be willing to switch it to that next season and hopefully we'll be able to hit 10.

Re: your point against the 2 round playoff. That's an issue not just for the playoffs but the entire head to head match-up, if that's the case. A person can have the 2nd best week in the league but just because he went against the best team, he may end up losing 8-2 when he would have crushed anyone else.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
March 26 2015 11:07 GMT
#42
That's true, which is why I prefer pools that aren't head to head. But the larger the sample size, the less luck becomes a factor. Anything can happen in any given week. But over the course of 24 weeks, things will balance out much more.

That being said, I don't think there's much of a case for head to head being a good format for a serious pool. It feels more like a just for fun thing where people like the concept of being able to match up against their friends each week and beat them. But since people just don't pay much attention to that here, I don't see the appeal of it.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
March 26 2015 12:10 GMT
#43
Yeah I don't think I will continue if it keeps being a head to head format. I didn't pay much attention to it all year long. Just did my line each weeks and subbed when I had injuries.

And still, I got first. But there is a huge chance I go down in the first round. What I don't like about this format is that we put money on the line, you build the best team possible and even if you dominate you still can hit a bad week, And if that bad week is in the playoff too bad you're out.

If the interest is there, we should look into another format for next year
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
March 29 2015 15:24 GMT
#44
To be fair, the top 5-6 did fluctuate quite a bit throughout the season. You just had the perfect storm in me having a really shitty week and dropping from 2 to 4 so don't get too cocky ; ]

I love and prefer roto; I actually thought it wouldn't go over too well here. Plus, tradition from way back when jkilla started it. It adds so much more strategy, especially at the end, when you're trying to bump yourself up a few positions per categories. Plus, we can consider having game limits per position though that's something I've only done for fantasy baseball so I don't know how well it translates to hockey.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-29 20:50:17
March 29 2015 20:48 GMT
#45
I'm not a fan of game limits per position because it ruins the point of trying to super stack on one category to make up a deficiency.

I'm okay with the heads-up format because I've been crawling back from 5th place for the last month which gave me a chance to beat #1 who I've been doing great against all season. 4-6 right now but today's still young.. I probably won't win but I got a fighting chance after leaping onto Hammond and I got rewarded fairly..
There is no one like you in the universe.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
March 30 2015 06:35 GMT
#46
I don't think there's a need for game limits, but there should be a limit on moves.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
March 30 2015 17:22 GMT
#47
wow both semis were so close your goalies were clutch last week DK

Only one more!
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
March 30 2015 17:56 GMT
#48
wow both semis were decided on by tiebreakers?
There is no one like you in the universe.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-31 05:32:38
March 31 2015 05:28 GMT
#49
ARE YOU KIDDING ME EBERLE HILLS

you have price AND rask? THATS NOT FAIR. (i am water bottle)
There is no one like you in the universe.
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
March 31 2015 15:47 GMT
#50
I was supposed to have his goalies but he took Rask making me take Rinne. Jerk. Dubynsk saved my season though. What a beast he's been on Minnesota.

Like I said, I've only done roto for baseball (so we capped innings pitched [IP], for example), so I'll take a backseat to those who have done this for hockey.

Yeah Blisse; both were on tie breakers which I think goes first to head to head in the regular season than higher seed. Better than it used to be: whoever had more goals.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
March 31 2015 18:48 GMT
#51
Hahaha, well I picked both pretty early in the draft. Goalies are always a huge part of the season
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 05 2015 04:33 GMT
#52
Holy crap both my goalies got shutouts today and I got 10 goals O_O one more week to play I think, but jeez I'm playing a lot better than I thought I was going to... this is going to come down to the wire...
There is no one like you in the universe.
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
April 05 2015 20:29 GMT
#53
Gahhhhhhh. Always so close yet so far. 4th for the second year in a row after coming in 3rd the year before. Looks like Blisse is gonna take first!
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 06 2015 04:56 GMT
#54
I'm not sure, but I think the final round lasts until the end of the season! It's not over yet o.o
There is no one like you in the universe.
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
April 06 2015 17:23 GMT
#55
Nah, it's over. Last week in real sports aren't typically used in fantasy sports given the various strategies teams use to rest and/or tank. Will send out everything when i get home from work tonight.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 06 2015 19:58 GMT
#56
sweeet mwuhahahaha

i didn't know that o:

honestly i got super lucky this week otherwise i would've lost, hammond/bishop/halak all played out of their minds (all three >= .950 sv%) and price misplayed just one* game, while foligno's hattrick saved me because steen and tarasenko were injured the whole week. otherwise i would've lost the goalie and goal points. good game guys :p
There is no one like you in the universe.
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
April 08 2015 00:07 GMT
#57
Yeah congrats Blisse! you had a great last week for the finals
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 216
ProTech160
UpATreeSC 120
BRAT_OK 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3741
Bisu 1923
Soulkey 1134
EffOrt 707
Mini 493
Larva 347
Horang2 240
ZerO 232
actioN 162
ggaemo 153
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 142
hero 96
Mind 84
Sharp 82
Shinee 57
Sea.KH 50
sorry 49
Barracks 34
Trap 26
Bale 25
Hyun 25
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 19
NaDa 19
Rock 16
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5870
Dendi1394
XaKoH 371
420jenkins364
League of Legends
Reynor67
Counter-Strike
fl0m3931
pashabiceps759
Fnx 662
x6flipin430
edward26
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu242
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1382
Grubby1207
hiko818
FrodaN579
XBOCT258
Livibee215
TKL 117
C9.Mang0113
QueenE88
Mew2King44
RotterdaM30
ZerO(Twitch)25
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 70
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV693
League of Legends
• Nemesis3600
• TFBlade683
Other Games
• Shiphtur528
• imaqtpie208
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 48m
Patches Events
22h 48m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.