• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:50
CEST 13:50
KST 20:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7943 users

'14-'15 NHL SEASON - Can Carlyle Win? CORSI CAN'T! - Page 12

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 136 Next
15-16 thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sports/495505-nhl-15-16-mike-richards-possession-superstar
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 01 2014 18:16 GMT
#221
Lots of smoke on Oiler acquiring a 2C via trade.

If thats true MacT is doing work.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
July 01 2014 18:28 GMT
#222
I can't even comprehend how bad Nonis is doing right now...
There is no one like you in the universe.
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 18:31:33
July 01 2014 18:31 GMT
#223
If the oilers trade Petry I will be so angry. It would be another good player run out by dumb fans and a dumber media.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 18:39:32
July 01 2014 18:31 GMT
#224
On July 02 2014 03:28 Blisse wrote:
I can't even comprehend how bad Nonis is doing right now...


he is done for the day, holding a press conference starting nowish.

On July 02 2014 03:31 Flaccid wrote:
If the oilers trade Petry I will be so angry. It would be another good player run out by dumb fans and a dumber media.


No, its a player who has been passed on the depth chart by a better signing.

With Nikitin and Fayne he isn't really needed, an immediate 2C is a much bigger need as of right now I think.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Draisaitl-Yakupov
Pouliot-Arcobello-Purcell
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks

Nikitin-Schultz
Maricin-Fayne
Ference-Petry

I think that looks a lot better like this:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-[Legit 2C]-Yakupov
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Purcell
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks

Nikitin-Schultz
Maricin-Fayne
Ference-Aulie
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 18:38:51
July 01 2014 18:37 GMT
#225
Because having more depth on a team with a porous defense is a bad thing? Anything that limits Schultz's even strength minutes is a huge win in Edmonton.

I just never understand the argument that pushing players down the depth chart makes them expandable. Especially on a team where people have been drowning in the position.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 01 2014 18:38 GMT
#226
On July 02 2014 03:37 Flaccid wrote:
Because having more depth on a team with a porous defense is a bad thing? Anything that limits Schultz's even strength minutes is a huge win in Edmonton.


I'd rather keep Schultz to the wolves and shelter Drai than shelter Schultz and throw Drai to the wolves.
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
July 01 2014 18:41 GMT
#227
Fair. Though I suppose I'm hoping that sheltering Dry-saddle isn't an issue because I don't want to see him anywhere near this prospect destroying mess as a teenager
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
July 01 2014 18:45 GMT
#228
I can't comprehend how you can mismanage the Leafs this badly.. ~+~ 3m/year for Komarov? wtf
There is no one like you in the universe.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 01 2014 18:52 GMT
#229
On July 02 2014 03:41 Flaccid wrote:
Fair. Though I suppose I'm hoping that sheltering Dry-saddle isn't an issue because I don't want to see him anywhere near this prospect destroying mess as a teenager


Draisaitl has nothing to prove in the WHL.

He is a big man who scored 105 points on a team that only scored 220 goals all together. He dragged the Raiders kicking and screaming into the playoffs. He has shown he has the speed and strength to play with men, he has already bought a house and committed himself to working out with Andrew Ference in Edmonton all summer.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the team out of camp. If he is going to do so, I want him to do so out of limited minutes. I dont want him to need to be a go to guy. If we trade Petry and get a center like Berglund, Marleau, or Legwand (who knows, maybe moving some prospects and picks with Petry) suddenly we have 3 damn good attacking lines with good size. Basically we become Boston west without the physicality and better star players.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Marleau-Yakupov
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Purcell

I dont care what anyone says, that is a good top 9 even if Yak doesn't have a boucne back year and Draisaitl doesn't bring a significant impact. If those two players play well suddenly its probably the best top 9 in the league. A Third line with 3 40 point guys, a second with 3 60 point guys, and a first with Hall over a PPG and RNH / Eberle just below. Thats a club that can score goals and will have the puck on their stick a lot.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
July 01 2014 18:57 GMT
#230
On July 02 2014 03:31 iCanada wrote:
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-[Legit 2C]-Yakupov
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Purcell
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks

Nikitin-Schultz
Maricin-Fayne
Ference-Aulie

If MacT has any sense Draisaitl does not make the team this year . Bring him up next or the year after with Nurse.

I also don't expect Petry to be moved. MacT knows what he has with that kid. He's a good player that just doesn't know it right now.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 01 2014 19:14 GMT
#231
On July 02 2014 03:57 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2014 03:31 iCanada wrote:
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-[Legit 2C]-Yakupov
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Purcell
Gazdic-Gordon-Hendricks

Nikitin-Schultz
Maricin-Fayne
Ference-Aulie

If MacT has any sense Draisaitl does not make the team this year . Bring him up next or the year after with Nurse.

I also don't expect Petry to be moved. MacT knows what he has with that kid. He's a good player that just doesn't know it right now.


I dont think Draisaitl even improves any in the WHL.

Draisaitls year this year in the WHL ( 38 goals, 105 points in 64 gp (1.68 PPG)) was way better than MacKinnon's in the OHL a year ago (32 goals, 75 points in 44 gp(1.71 PPG)). MacKinnon played on a stacked hockey club and led the group, but Draisaitl played on an absolutely awful team that he dragged kicking and screaming to the playoffs where they lost in round 1 to the memorial cup champions in 6 games.

Draisaitl scored 47.7% of his teams offence, WITHOUT factoring in him missing 15 games due to WJC. MacKinnion only factored into 31% AFTER adjusting for his missed games due to WJC.

Physically he is ready at 6'2 220 lbs. Offensively he has nothing to prove, and logistically Draisaitl learns absolutely nothing in the WHL defensively or in terms of increasing his speed strictly based on how much Prince Albert needs Drai to be an offensive impact for them to not be absolutely awful.

If MacKinnon was ready, so is Draisaitl, and honeslty I dont think Drai learns much from PA.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 19:16:51
July 01 2014 19:15 GMT
#232
Taylor Fedun was signed by SJS for 600k 1 year. I hope he gets a legit chance there. I watched the game in 2012 where he broke his leg and I don't think he really ever recovered from that.

I am not 100% on the CHL to NHL transfer rules but I think Draisaitl can be put in OKC.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 01 2014 19:18 GMT
#233
On July 02 2014 04:15 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Taylor Fedun was signed by SJS for 600k 1 year. I hope he gets a legit chance there. I watched the game in 2012 where he broke his leg and I don't think he really ever recovered from that.

I am not 100% on the CHL to NHL transfer rules but I think Draisaitl can be put in OKC.


No he can't, he was property of the WHL before the NHL, thus the CHL / NHL transfer agreement applies. Either he plays in the NHL or the WHL. No other option.

The only time it doesn't apply is when an NHL team owns the player before lending them to a CHL team. Example of this are Pitlick, Etem, etc.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 19:30:47
July 01 2014 19:29 GMT
#234
On July 02 2014 04:18 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2014 04:15 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Taylor Fedun was signed by SJS for 600k 1 year. I hope he gets a legit chance there. I watched the game in 2012 where he broke his leg and I don't think he really ever recovered from that.

I am not 100% on the CHL to NHL transfer rules but I think Draisaitl can be put in OKC.


No he can't, he was property of the WHL before the NHL, thus the CHL / NHL transfer agreement applies. Either he plays in the NHL or the WHL. No other option.

The only time it doesn't apply is when an NHL team owns the player before lending them to a CHL team. Example of this are Pitlick, Etem, etc.

Damn...I agree he has nothing to prove in the CHL but I just don't want him on the Oilers right now because I doubt the Oilers will suddenly have the puck and play good defense after one season of changes. We still lack a top 2 defender. What's currently on the roster isn't terrible but its all 3-4 guys IMO. Nothing left on the blueline for UFAs either

Might have to put him on the team anyways. UFA list is getting dry on the centers front. Legwand is probably the best left and Gomez or Lewis being the next 2 best.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 01 2014 19:34 GMT
#235
On July 02 2014 04:29 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2014 04:18 iCanada wrote:
On July 02 2014 04:15 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Taylor Fedun was signed by SJS for 600k 1 year. I hope he gets a legit chance there. I watched the game in 2012 where he broke his leg and I don't think he really ever recovered from that.

I am not 100% on the CHL to NHL transfer rules but I think Draisaitl can be put in OKC.


No he can't, he was property of the WHL before the NHL, thus the CHL / NHL transfer agreement applies. Either he plays in the NHL or the WHL. No other option.

The only time it doesn't apply is when an NHL team owns the player before lending them to a CHL team. Example of this are Pitlick, Etem, etc.

Damn...I agree he has nothing to prove in the CHL but I just don't want him on the Oilers right now because I doubt the Oilers will suddenly have the puck and play good defense after one season of changes. We still lack a top 2 defender. What's currently on the roster isn't terrible but its all 3-4 guys IMO. Nothing left on the blueline for UFAs either

Might have to put him on the team anyways. UFA list is getting dry on the centers front. Legwand is probably the best left and Gomez or Lewis being the next 2 best.


I think him playing 3C is best thing for his development at this point.

We just need need a good 2C to force him into that spot until he is absolutely ready to take on that responsibility of moving up higher.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 01 2014 19:51 GMT
#236
[image loading]
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
July 01 2014 20:24 GMT
#237
Al Montoya signs with Florida, completing the worst goalie hairstyle combo in NHL history
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
July 01 2014 20:48 GMT
#238
looks like the jets want to sign brodeur? montoya was the better goalie vs pavelec...
There is no one like you in the universe.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
July 01 2014 20:58 GMT
#239
On July 02 2014 05:48 Blisse wrote:
looks like the jets want to sign brodeur? montoya was the better goalie vs pavelec...


I think the Jets have to blow it up.

I dont think they can compete in the west. Dont have the tools.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
July 01 2014 21:01 GMT
#240
"Flames hand Deryk Engelland $8.7 million for reasons beyond human understanding"

That is a real thing, not a typo.
ModeratorGodfather
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 136 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29554
Shuttle 2953
Bisu 1003
Horang2 856
Jaedong 722
BeSt 382
Light 329
Hyuk 307
firebathero 301
actioN 282
[ Show more ]
Mini 236
Stork 206
Soma 201
Zeus 191
Soulkey 176
EffOrt 157
Last 132
Leta 122
ggaemo 97
ZerO 91
Snow 90
Pusan 82
Rush 65
Killer 52
Mong 51
Sea.KH 45
hero 39
Aegong 38
Mind 33
Sexy 28
Shine 27
Sharp 26
NaDa 26
Bale 25
soO 22
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 22
Yoon 15
sorry 15
PianO 15
Free 15
zelot 15
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
HiyA 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1831
qojqva1248
Dendi746
Fuzer 128
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1431
x6flipin290
markeloff1
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes720
Other Games
gofns40551
singsing2029
B2W.Neo452
XBOCT341
DeMusliM182
Livibee173
Mew2King132
Liquid`LucifroN123
XaKoH 104
ArmadaUGS76
QueenE68
Chillindude11
ZerO(Twitch)10
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• TFBlade417
Other Games
• WagamamaTV142
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 11m
Stellar Fest
1h 11m
OSC
12h 11m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.