• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:46
CEST 13:46
KST 20:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8636 users

Day9 to broadcast on Justin.tv - Page 15

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
lurked
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada918 Posts
February 19 2011 16:21 GMT
#281
Great news.

I just stopped by to also say how I appreciate the new change to your video player : When we set it to full screen, it wont re-minimize at the second we click on something else...

It really is great that now I can put it full screen on my TV, while I do something else on my computer, instead of having to 'Pop up' the player and only maximize this window.

Anyway, nice change, and thanks again Justin.TV for getting so involved with eSports, we love you guys!(Or at least I do.)
Magic is "just" magic until I get my hands on the source code.
Wigz
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada42 Posts
February 19 2011 16:42 GMT
#282
Best news regarding casting I've heard in a while. Justin.TV is a great medium for e-sports.
azzu
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany141 Posts
February 19 2011 16:46 GMT
#283
live transcoding is so awesome for my phone
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
February 19 2011 16:49 GMT
#284
Justin.tv is doing it right. I just hope they bring there streaming up to part with other similar programs. vVv supports Justin.tv.. most of our streamers use their service.

Glad to see day9 using them.
Title11
Profile Joined February 2011
United States30 Posts
February 19 2011 17:06 GMT
#285
Love this change... ustream caused so many people problems. I had a bit of lag during the broadcast on Thursday, and simply dropped the quality down a bit. Problem solved. The only thing missing is a nice chat channel, which I'm sure will be figured out soon. Thanks to Day9 and his mods for their continued hard work!
He thinks he's people!
universalwill
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States654 Posts
February 19 2011 18:15 GMT
#286
there was already a reason everyone was switching to jtv. this just sweetens the deal. thanks jtv, you guys are ballers.
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
February 19 2011 19:21 GMT
#287
sick ! now i can watch his show on my iphone :D
sweet.
@ggmonx
JayDee_
Profile Joined June 2010
548 Posts
February 19 2011 19:25 GMT
#288
They better give him mucho dinero
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
February 19 2011 19:43 GMT
#289
On February 19 2011 19:44 ImHuko wrote:
The /commercial makes Adblock pretty much a MUST HAVE to watch streams now.

Yeah I bet you see the coolest stuff whenever a streamer /commercials. Remember that one time when incontrol /commercialed and everyone else was watching a commercial but all the cool folks with adblock got to see him sit and wait for bnet to find him a match? I wouldn't trade those 15 seconds for the world, much less for supporting the guy who entertains me for hours on end.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
mgj
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 20:36:46
February 19 2011 20:27 GMT
#290
Interesting, hope this works out for everyone.

I am trying to install the Justin.tv android app on my QVGA phone running android 2.1 - And i cannot find it? It shows up on https://market.android.com/ , but i cannot install it on my phone.

Does the android app not support QVGA devices? According to the description it only requires android 1.6

Anyone got experience with their android app? I'd like to know.
Sorkoas
Profile Joined May 2010
549 Posts
February 19 2011 21:18 GMT
#291
On February 19 2011 15:17 R1CH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 13:55 Sorkoas wrote:
How do I embed an IRC chat instead of the normal chat like day9 has on his channel?

On TL you can control this from your stream control panel. On justin.tv, I suspect you'd have to contact them as it looks like a new feature they are rolling out to select streams only.

Seems like you are right. I'll just wait for Justin to add it then. No rush here just curious. :-)

Regarding the commercials I wonder if it's still for US viewers only as I do use Adblock but I would be willing to remove it just for the support of our awesome community.

I also wonder if only JTV producers can run commercials? I mean how do you go about to actually make money from your JTV stream? Are these people who get this opportunity simply picked by JTV because of in their eyes amount of popularity within the community?
Mackin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland181 Posts
February 19 2011 22:22 GMT
#292
this is actually exactly what I wanted. Thank you Day9 and thank you justin.tv
Serenity
Kazragore
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States369 Posts
February 20 2011 00:24 GMT
#293
On February 20 2011 04:43 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 19:44 ImHuko wrote:
The /commercial makes Adblock pretty much a MUST HAVE to watch streams now.

Yeah I bet you see the coolest stuff whenever a streamer /commercials. Remember that one time when incontrol /commercialed and everyone else was watching a commercial but all the cool folks with adblock got to see him sit and wait for bnet to find him a match? I wouldn't trade those 15 seconds for the world, much less for supporting the guy who entertains me for hours on end.


I completely agree. If a streamer decides to /commercial, he clearly does not plan on doing anything important for the next 15 seconds, in which case you might as well allow the commercial to play, compensating the streamer for taking time out of his day for your entertainment.

Basically:
Scenario A: You have adblock disabled, and when the streamer '/commercial's, you wait 15 seconds to watch a commercial (not missing any content), and the streamer gets paid.

Scenario B: You have adblock enabled, and when the streamer '/commercial's, you get to watch him do nothing for 15 seconds. And he doesn't get paid. Yay for adblock!!
Imagine if i had a REAL weapon
PossiblyNotBob
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia124 Posts
February 20 2011 00:30 GMT
#294
On February 20 2011 04:43 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Yeah I bet you see the coolest stuff whenever a streamer /commercials. Remember that one time when incontrol /commercialed and everyone else was watching a commercial but all the cool folks with adblock got to see him sit and wait for bnet to find him a match? I wouldn't trade those 15 seconds for the world, much less for supporting the guy who entertains me for hours on end.


I like the fact that sometimes he /commercials and then watches the ad on his stream anyway, so you're not exactly gaining much from skipping it
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
February 20 2011 01:18 GMT
#295
wow, im kinda surprised that this wont 'cost' anything. But guess i was totally wrong about JustinTV.

Way to do the things Justintv!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Kingspade
Profile Joined January 2011
United States21 Posts
February 20 2011 01:47 GMT
#296
If i leave my room or get something to eat i will leave the streams on so when they do the /commercial im saying that even though im not currently watching they are more important then my electricity bill
PylonBuilder
Profile Joined January 2011
United States59 Posts
February 20 2011 04:55 GMT
#297
Does this mean everyone can be in Chat 1? wow.. this is a dream come true.
ImHuko
Profile Joined December 2010
United States996 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 08:50:17
February 20 2011 08:46 GMT
#298
On February 20 2011 04:43 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 19:44 ImHuko wrote:
The /commercial makes Adblock pretty much a MUST HAVE to watch streams now.

Yeah I bet you see the coolest stuff whenever a streamer /commercials. Remember that one time when incontrol /commercialed and everyone else was watching a commercial but all the cool folks with adblock got to see him sit and wait for bnet to find him a match? I wouldn't trade those 15 seconds for the world, much less for supporting the guy who entertains me for hours on end.

I would disable my AdBlock for a tournament for example. If someone is running a tournament and between best of 3s they want to /commercial, sure, I can do that. Supporting a pro player has turned from following them on social networks, cheering for them etc, to watching ads every 7 minutes. Just me helping viewer count, and subscribing etc helps them financially. (Websites do/try to sponsor big streams, I was even asked one time for just a simple GSL restream (Just look at the bottom right of Incontrols stream, I was asked by the same person).

Most of the players who do /commercial after every game are sponsored, they probably didn't pay for much of their computer equipment, and running a stream of you playing, is almost no additional cost outside of computer costs (When I started streaming I paid 5$ extra to triple my upload speed from .5 to 1.5). So I pay an additional 60 (a xbox game) yearly to be able to stream.

At the same time they are advertising their sponsors with names like EGIdrA, EGiNcontrol, LiquidTyler and etc. There are people out there who pay for literally everything and do this out of enjoyment that I have never seen use the /commercial. I will continue to support you guys by subscribing/following on twitter(if I can figure out your last name), and watching your streams, but I won't be disabling my AdBlock unless the number of /commercials is greatly lowered.
Jampackedeon
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2053 Posts
February 20 2011 12:28 GMT
#299
You guys at JTV have been great, and have a great iPhone app as well, so I'm very happy you got Day9 on your side (not having the quality option on ustream was super frustrating).

2011 is going to be an amazing year in esports!
Loomies
Profile Joined July 2010
United States645 Posts
February 20 2011 12:31 GMT
#300
I hope JTV continues to do a good job blocking GSL restreams. It was really bad during GSL seasons 1-3 but streams were taken down within 5-10 minutes for the team league. I hope they treat GSL season 4 the same during the next season so broadcasters will have respect for them
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28584
Shuttle 2933
Bisu 982
Horang2 819
Jaedong 617
BeSt 384
Hyuk 308
firebathero 303
actioN 278
Light 257
[ Show more ]
Mini 211
Stork 205
Zeus 186
Soma 180
Soulkey 168
EffOrt 143
Last 131
Leta 109
ggaemo 92
ZerO 86
Pusan 84
Snow 83
Rush 69
Mong 55
Killer 54
Aegong 40
hero 39
Mind 35
Shine 32
Sexy 29
Sharp 27
Bale 26
NaDa 25
Shinee 24
ToSsGirL 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 17
sorry 15
Free 14
Yoon 13
zelot 13
JulyZerg 12
PianO 12
HiyA 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1463
qojqva1202
Dendi845
Fuzer 126
League of Legends
Reynor91
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
x6flipin281
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes703
Other Games
gofns39839
singsing2029
B2W.Neo458
XBOCT333
Livibee180
DeMusliM178
Mew2King135
Liquid`LucifroN130
XaKoH 120
ArmadaUGS99
QueenE82
Chillindude9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream301
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2234
• TFBlade468
Other Games
• WagamamaTV130
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 14m
Stellar Fest
1h 14m
OSC
12h 14m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.