• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:13
CEST 07:13
KST 14:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8333 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 998

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 996 997 998 999 1000 5162 Next
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
January 23 2014 18:20 GMT
#19941
My WispyOneDrops deck just won a game. What the fuck?
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 23 2014 18:24 GMT
#19942
When your opponent gets a 4 6 6 hand mulligan'd into 6 6 7 and draws a 4 drop on his first turn you can win with about anything.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 18:39:51
January 23 2014 18:39 GMT
#19943
Wrong thread.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
January 23 2014 19:26 GMT
#19944
On January 24 2014 00:02 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Just a PSA - if anyone has any desire to play Smite now or in the future, the ultimate god pack offer ends once the game releases on March 25.

$30 for all current and future gods is so beyond worth it's not even funny.


Mebbe I'll think about it. One thing to keep in mind about deals tho is that you only save money if you were planning to use the product anyway. There's a certain curse of buying super cheap steam games during holiday seasons and finding out I don't like them enough to finish them even though they're generally popular and decent...

Though you could also create 10 accounts, buy this for each one, wait 2-3 years and make a pretty profit illegally selling them too if that's your schtick.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 23 2014 19:27 GMT
#19945
On January 24 2014 04:26 phyvo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 00:02 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Just a PSA - if anyone has any desire to play Smite now or in the future, the ultimate god pack offer ends once the game releases on March 25.

$30 for all current and future gods is so beyond worth it's not even funny.


Mebbe I'll think about it. One thing to keep in mind about deals tho is that you only save money if you were planning to use the product anyway. There's a certain curse of buying super cheap steam games during holiday seasons and finding out I don't like them enough to finish them even though they're generally popular and decent...

Though you could also create 10 accounts, buy this for each one, wait 2-3 years and make a pretty profit illegally selling them too if that's your schtick.


Well, yes, that's why I put the qualifier of "desire to play now or in the future". I wouldn't suggest buying it just for the sake of buying it.

But think of it this way, if you get half the play time out of Smite that you did out of Spore or Diablo3, then it's worth =P
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 23 2014 19:29 GMT
#19946
On January 24 2014 02:30 sung_moon wrote:
I noticed a lot of Hearthstone discussion goes on here.

So I downloaded it last night, played through tutorial (as Druid) and opened up the free pack.

I cracked a Ragnaros. He seems really really random, but probably still worth running?

/facepalm

Congrats lucker dog
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 23 2014 19:30 GMT
#19947
I've paid more for games that are collecting dust on my shelf, still in their shrink wrap.

One day, I'll play single player games again. One day...
It's your boy Guzma!
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 23 2014 19:33 GMT
#19948
On January 24 2014 04:30 Requizen wrote:
I've paid more for games that are collecting dust on my shelf, still in their shrink wrap.

One day, I'll play single player games again. One day...



I'll be honest, I've been finding more and more reason to go back to these. Simply because I'm hating more and more people and their online personas. Like I play 1 game of ranked league a day and go, you know what would be way better? Anything else.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 23 2014 19:34 GMT
#19949
On January 24 2014 04:33 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 04:30 Requizen wrote:
I've paid more for games that are collecting dust on my shelf, still in their shrink wrap.

One day, I'll play single player games again. One day...



I'll be honest, I've been finding more and more reason to go back to these. Simply because I'm hating more and more people and their online personas. Like I play 1 game of ranked league a day and go, you know what would be way better? Anything else.

Ranked pretty much brings the worst out of people, including yourself.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 23 2014 19:36 GMT
#19950
On January 24 2014 04:33 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 04:30 Requizen wrote:
I've paid more for games that are collecting dust on my shelf, still in their shrink wrap.

One day, I'll play single player games again. One day...



I'll be honest, I've been finding more and more reason to go back to these. Simply because I'm hating more and more people and their online personas. Like I play 1 game of ranked league a day and go, you know what would be way better? Anything else.


Yeah, I've been enjoying occasionally jumping into some single player games, which is something I hadn't done in a very long time.

Dark Souls, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Wind Waker, Pikmin...

It's kinda relaxing just not having to worry about other raging at me when I let characters die (except MoonBear)
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
January 23 2014 19:37 GMT
#19951
I still play games that are single player. Granted, I tend to have Internet problems so being able to play offline is a plus.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 23 2014 19:39 GMT
#19952
On January 24 2014 04:33 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 04:30 Requizen wrote:
I've paid more for games that are collecting dust on my shelf, still in their shrink wrap.

One day, I'll play single player games again. One day...



I'll be honest, I've been finding more and more reason to go back to these. Simply because I'm hating more and more people and their online personas. Like I play 1 game of ranked league a day and go, you know what would be way better? Anything else.

I feel much of the same, but the competitive edge is too much -.- Winning a close match is a way better high than playing an hour of a single player game, aside from the really good ones. Like, I keep trying to get through LA Noire, but I keep looking at my watch while playing, so I know I'm not having as much fun.
It's your boy Guzma!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 19:44:26
January 23 2014 19:43 GMT
#19953
On January 24 2014 03:20 Gahlo wrote:
My WispyOneDrops deck just won a game. What the fuck?

I won 3 games in a row with a 30 1-drops deck I made just to troll the daily quest I couldn't abandon. Then I lost to Hunter UTH.

Granted one of those games I played turn 1 Coin Voidwalker Flame Imp turn 2 2 Murlocs, and he conceded right there, so maybe he thought I was playing a legit deck.

On January 24 2014 04:39 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 04:33 Cixah wrote:
On January 24 2014 04:30 Requizen wrote:
I've paid more for games that are collecting dust on my shelf, still in their shrink wrap.

One day, I'll play single player games again. One day...



I'll be honest, I've been finding more and more reason to go back to these. Simply because I'm hating more and more people and their online personas. Like I play 1 game of ranked league a day and go, you know what would be way better? Anything else.

I feel much of the same, but the competitive edge is too much -.- Winning a close match is a way better high than playing an hour of a single player game, aside from the really good ones. Like, I keep trying to get through LA Noire, but I keep looking at my watch while playing, so I know I'm not having as much fun.

The problem is that you're trying to play LA Noire, not that single player games aren't fun.
Moderator
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 23 2014 19:43 GMT
#19954
That was a pretty sexy Flay/Flash. Roccat falling behind
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 23 2014 19:44 GMT
#19955
On January 24 2014 04:43 onlywonderboy wrote:
That was a pretty sexy Flay/Flash. Roccat falling behind

OWB #1 thread poster.
It's your boy Guzma!
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
January 23 2014 19:45 GMT
#19956
On January 24 2014 04:39 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 04:33 Cixah wrote:
On January 24 2014 04:30 Requizen wrote:
I've paid more for games that are collecting dust on my shelf, still in their shrink wrap.

One day, I'll play single player games again. One day...



I'll be honest, I've been finding more and more reason to go back to these. Simply because I'm hating more and more people and their online personas. Like I play 1 game of ranked league a day and go, you know what would be way better? Anything else.

I feel much of the same, but the competitive edge is too much -.- Winning a close match is a way better high than playing an hour of a single player game, aside from the really good ones. Like, I keep trying to get through LA Noire, but I keep looking at my watch while playing, so I know I'm not having as much fun.

Well, LA Noire is... something else.





I've actually been wanting to play more single player games and go back to reading books, but then you get that message from Skype asking if you want to play a game, and 3-4 hours later...
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 23 2014 19:45 GMT
#19957
On January 24 2014 04:43 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 03:20 Gahlo wrote:
My WispyOneDrops deck just won a game. What the fuck?

I won 3 games in a row with a 30 1-drops deck I made just to troll the daily quest I couldn't abandon. Then I lost to Hunter UTH.

Granted one of those games I played turn 1 Voidwalker Flame Imp turn 2 2 Murlocs, and he conceded right there, so maybe he thought I was playing a legit deck.

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 04:39 Requizen wrote:
On January 24 2014 04:33 Cixah wrote:
On January 24 2014 04:30 Requizen wrote:
I've paid more for games that are collecting dust on my shelf, still in their shrink wrap.

One day, I'll play single player games again. One day...



I'll be honest, I've been finding more and more reason to go back to these. Simply because I'm hating more and more people and their online personas. Like I play 1 game of ranked league a day and go, you know what would be way better? Anything else.

I feel much of the same, but the competitive edge is too much -.- Winning a close match is a way better high than playing an hour of a single player game, aside from the really good ones. Like, I keep trying to get through LA Noire, but I keep looking at my watch while playing, so I know I'm not having as much fun.

The problem is that you're trying to play LA Noire, not that single player games aren't fun.

The story seems interesting enough, and I rather like the interview/expression reading aspect, but the rest of the game is just... eh. 70% driving from A to B, 20% bumping into random objects, 10% fun sequences/conversations/etc.
It's your boy Guzma!
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 23 2014 19:53 GMT
#19958
The end of the week is looking up. Have a chance to break into the top 10 of sales for this period if I do well tomorrow. (Top 10 out of 150ish in western canada)
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 23 2014 19:53 GMT
#19959
On January 24 2014 04:53 Shelke14 wrote:
The end of the week is looking up. Have a chance to break into the top 10 of sales for this period if I do well tomorrow. (Top 10 out of 150ish in western canada)


Send me some stuff and I'll put in a good word
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 23 2014 19:56 GMT
#19960
On January 24 2014 04:53 Shelke14 wrote:
The end of the week is looking up. Have a chance to break into the top 10 of sales for this period if I do well tomorrow. (Top 10 out of 150ish in western canada)

Damn son shelke is doing work
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Prev 1 996 997 998 999 1000 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4495
Leta 1567
Bale 59
Shine 32
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm264
League of Legends
JimRising 642
Other Games
summit1g8104
WinterStarcraft578
Sick122
Mew2King35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter1415
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2118
League of Legends
• Lourlo856
• Rush616
Other Games
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 47m
Patches Events
9h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 47m
OSC
17h 47m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.