We're excited to kick off the NA Apprentice's 2021 season, now better than ever!
Here are some of the changes we're making starting this year:
- Prize pool of each season increased to $400. Previous regular season prize pools were in the $200-$300 range.
- New eligibility requirement (found below).
- Code S and Code A divisions are being introduced. Up & Down matches will serve as the bridge between the two divisions.
- Must be an NA citizen/resident (USA & Canada)
- Cannot have reached top 6 of a 2020 DH NA event
The NA Apprentice has a new format starting in 2021, be sure to check out an overview below:
Code S is the premier division of the NA Apprentice, featuring 16 players. Code S begins with a group stage, where the top 2 players of each group advance to the playoffs and secure their Code S spots next season. The bottom 2 players of each group, however, are dropped to the Up & Down, where they must fight for their Code S spot.
6 players have already been invited to Code S:
The remaining 10 Code S spots are up for grabs in the qualifiers.
Also consisting of 16 players, Code A is the secondary division of the NA Apprentice. It consists of a single group stage, where the top 2 players of each group will advance to the Up & Down. There, they will face off against a Code S player for the chance to steal their Code S spot. The bottom finishers of Code A will get eliminated from the NA Apprentice, meaning they will have to requalify next season.
Up & Down
The Up & Down consists of 8 Bo5 matches, featuring a Code S player vs a Code A player. The winner of each match advances to Code S while the loser is relegated to Code A.
As this is the first season of the year, there won't be an Up & Down. Up & Down matches will make their debut in Season 2. After this season, the only way to qualify for Code S will be via the Up & Down.
How to qualify
There are a total of 3 qualifiers. The top 6 of Code S Qualifier #1 and top 4 of Code S Qualifier #2 will advance to Code S. The next 8 of Code S Qualifier #2 and top 8 of Code A Qualifier will advance to Code A.
You can sign up for the qualifiers here:
- Code S Qualifier #1 - Friday, Jan 15 @ 8 PM EST
- Code S Qualifier #2 - Saturday, Jan 16 @ 8 PM EST
- Code A Qualifier - Sunday, Jan 17 @ 8 PM EST
Thanks to Archangel Gaming's sponsorship, Code S Qualifier #1 will feature a $50 prize pool (plus Matcherino coupon contributions). Be sure to follow them on Twitter to keep up with everything they do!
You can support the NA Apprentice by using the following Matcherino coupon codes to add $0.5 to each event for free!
- https://matcherino.com/tournaments/40520/overview, Code: 2021Apprentice1
- https://matcherino.com/tournaments/40521/overview, Code: 2021Apprentice2
Social Media & Support
To keep up with the latest NA Apprentice updates, be sure to follow us on the following:
If you'd like to support the tournament, you can do so on Patreon where $5 supporters will receive replay packs of the event: https://www.patreon.com/NA_Apprentice