• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7173 users

[IEM] Katowice - Groups A & B - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 75 76 77 Next
bulya
Profile Joined February 2016
Israel386 Posts
March 02 2017 07:40 GMT
#61
Do you really think Serral and Nerchio are less favored then True in group C?
With Zest coming jetlagged it will be hard for him playing 10-15 maps in a row.
A foreigner will make it out of group C.
Showtime or Uthermal can make it out of group D, and Neev has a slight chance.
I think there will be at least 2 foreignerd in the RO12.
Theb we'll see who they play with.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-02 07:55:11
March 02 2017 07:44 GMT
#62
On March 02 2017 15:59 Noonius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2017 15:55 Ej_ wrote:
Snute could definitely beat Ryung if the latter goes mech.


why would he throw like that and go mech?



Frankly, I think that's more to Ryung's strength. I don't think I've ever found his TvZ impressive unless it's a more of a slower-paced methodical kind of game which would explain why he was also kind of good in the MU towards the end of WoL (See his legendary game against DRG on Whirlwind). I just don't think he has the chops to be a relentless aggressor with bio like Maru, Bogus, or ByuN. Hell, he's not even an aLive in that regard.

Either way, I think Snute holds the advantage in that encounter. Whether he goes against sub-par bio or mech.

On March 02 2017 16:40 bulya wrote:
Do you really think Serral and Nerchio are less favored then True in group C?
With Zest coming jetlagged it will be hard for him playing 10-15 maps in a row.
A foreigner will make it out of group C.
Showtime or Uthermal can make it out of group D, and Neev has a slight chance.
I think there will be at least 2 foreignerd in the RO12.
Theb we'll see who they play with.


I have Nerchio coming out in first for group C. I gave up on most foreigners a long time ago, but I think Artur is legit. I have a feeling Zest is going to bomb this IEM as well..

I think Gumiho still cleans up any remaining foreigners in group D after Bogus and Dark burn down the house.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-02 09:06:01
March 02 2017 09:04 GMT
#63
On March 02 2017 16:40 bulya wrote:
Do you really think Serral and Nerchio are less favored then True in group C?
With Zest coming jetlagged it will be hard for him playing 10-15 maps in a row.
A foreigner will make it out of group C.
Showtime or Uthermal can make it out of group D, and Neev has a slight chance.
I think there will be at least 2 foreignerd in the RO12.
Theb we'll see who they play with.

Nerchio always keeps going on about how much he hates playing against Protoss and I haven't really seen much from Serral in that regard lately. TRUE qualified beating Dear, Stats and Zest. So at least he's got that going for him.

I think ShoWTimE makes it out of group D, he seems pretty confident against Terran these days and honestly GuMiho is no INnoVation or TY.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
March 02 2017 09:06 GMT
#64
Stats said Zest is practicing hard so he will probably crush his group. Jetlag or not.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-02 09:12:13
March 02 2017 09:12 GMT
#65
On March 02 2017 18:06 Charoisaur wrote:
Stats said Zest is practicing hard so he will probably crush his group. Jetlag or not.

Maybe. But don't be surprised if his reaction times are slow and it looks like he has delay as if he was playing from Korea on EU server.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Alucen-Will-
Profile Joined October 2014
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-02 09:20:19
March 02 2017 09:17 GMT
#66
On March 02 2017 18:12 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2017 18:06 Charoisaur wrote:
Stats said Zest is practicing hard so he will probably crush his group. Jetlag or not.

Maybe. But don't be surprised if his reaction times are slow and it looks like he has delay as if he was playing from Korea on EU server.


Zest does really well with prep and planned series from experience.

We'll see but I wouldn't be surprised if he did well. herO is solid but his general level has just been too generically good as opposed to outstanding/creative.

I'm more interested to see what Byun/Inno/Dark bring out. TY is good too but I'm not sure hes quite on the level of earlier in the lotv year. That or more likely the other players have caught up to him.
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
March 02 2017 09:19 GMT
#67
On March 02 2017 18:06 Charoisaur wrote:
Stats said Zest is practicing hard so he will probably crush his group. Jetlag or not.


He should still make it out, but anyone who's stayed up all night playing games knows performance always drops when you get a bit sleepy.
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
March 02 2017 09:20 GMT
#68
If any of those players has Jetlag, it's their own fault tbh. Just arrive 2 days earlier, there were no games going on in Korea this week.

If Zest is still on Nation Wars level he will not advance, but I think he will have improved a lot since then.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
HsDLTitich
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Italy831 Posts
March 02 2017 09:23 GMT
#69
Schedule and full results here: https://play.eslgaming.com/starcraft/global/sc2/major/masters/season-11-world-championship-ro24-group-stage/results/
I used to organize tournaments for ESL Italy and referee Go4SC2s, WCSs, and IEMs for ESL SC2.
bulya
Profile Joined February 2016
Israel386 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-02 09:28:54
March 02 2017 09:26 GMT
#70
When are they going to announce the order of the matches today?

Edit:
Just asked and find it above my post :D
Semikolon
Profile Joined February 2016
Norway46 Posts
March 02 2017 09:27 GMT
#71
On March 02 2017 18:20 Musicus wrote:
If any of those players has Jetlag, it's their own fault tbh. Just arrive 2 days earlier, there were no games going on in Korea this week.

If Zest is still on Nation Wars level he will not advance, but I think he will have improved a lot since then.


I agree. It's just too easy to blame potential KR losses on jet lag and the like.

I also think that foreigners do have a shot here. Nerchio is in super form, Showtime definitely has the potential to advance, and so does uThermal. Probably not both of them, though

Snute will probably have a tough time against the KR terrans, but I think he can beat both herO and Solar.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-02 09:28:46
March 02 2017 09:28 GMT
#72
On March 02 2017 18:20 Musicus wrote:
If any of those players has Jetlag, it's their own fault tbh. Just arrive 2 days earlier, there were no games going on in Korea this week.

If Zest is still on Nation Wars level he will not advance, but I think he will have improved a lot since then.

Well true. Just for Zest we know in advance he's gonna be jetlagged.
On March 02 2017 18:26 bulya wrote:
When are they going to announce the order of the matches today?

Curiously it's in the post right above yours.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Alucen-Will-
Profile Joined October 2014
United States4054 Posts
March 02 2017 09:28 GMT
#73
On March 02 2017 18:27 Semikolon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2017 18:20 Musicus wrote:
If any of those players has Jetlag, it's their own fault tbh. Just arrive 2 days earlier, there were no games going on in Korea this week.

If Zest is still on Nation Wars level he will not advance, but I think he will have improved a lot since then.


I agree. It's just too easy to blame potential KR losses on jet lag and the like.

I also think that foreigners do have a shot here. Nerchio is in super form, Showtime definitely has the potential to advance, and so does uThermal. Probably not both of them, though

Snute will probably have a tough time against the KR terrans, but I think he can beat both herO and Solar.


That's pretty optimistic for snute. herO and solar are much better players in general. I guess it remains to be seen what his level is really at
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
March 02 2017 09:29 GMT
#74
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-02 09:33:07
March 02 2017 09:30 GMT
#75
On March 02 2017 18:27 Semikolon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2017 18:20 Musicus wrote:
If any of those players has Jetlag, it's their own fault tbh. Just arrive 2 days earlier, there were no games going on in Korea this week.

If Zest is still on Nation Wars level he will not advance, but I think he will have improved a lot since then.


I agree. It's just too easy to blame potential KR losses on jet lag and the like.

I also think that foreigners do have a shot here. Nerchio is in super form, Showtime definitely has the potential to advance, and so does uThermal. Probably not both of them, though

Snute will probably have a tough time against the KR terrans, but I think he can beat both herO and Solar.

I think he has a much better shot against Ryung than against herO tbh.

Stats vs TY as one of the first 3 matches in Group B. Okay.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Semikolon
Profile Joined February 2016
Norway46 Posts
March 02 2017 09:34 GMT
#76
On March 02 2017 18:28 Alucen-Will- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2017 18:27 Semikolon wrote:
On March 02 2017 18:20 Musicus wrote:
If any of those players has Jetlag, it's their own fault tbh. Just arrive 2 days earlier, there were no games going on in Korea this week.

If Zest is still on Nation Wars level he will not advance, but I think he will have improved a lot since then.


I agree. It's just too easy to blame potential KR losses on jet lag and the like.

I also think that foreigners do have a shot here. Nerchio is in super form, Showtime definitely has the potential to advance, and so does uThermal. Probably not both of them, though

Snute will probably have a tough time against the KR terrans, but I think he can beat both herO and Solar.


That's pretty optimistic for snute. herO and solar are much better players in general. I guess it remains to be seen what his level is really at


I'm not saying he's going to beat them, I'm saying he can - and he has previously.

It's going to be tough... but I believe!
Malgo
Profile Joined March 2015
Germany76 Posts
March 02 2017 09:34 GMT
#77
On March 02 2017 18:30 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2017 18:27 Semikolon wrote:
On March 02 2017 18:20 Musicus wrote:
If any of those players has Jetlag, it's their own fault tbh. Just arrive 2 days earlier, there were no games going on in Korea this week.

If Zest is still on Nation Wars level he will not advance, but I think he will have improved a lot since then.


I agree. It's just too easy to blame potential KR losses on jet lag and the like.

I also think that foreigners do have a shot here. Nerchio is in super form, Showtime definitely has the potential to advance, and so does uThermal. Probably not both of them, though

Snute will probably have a tough time against the KR terrans, but I think he can beat both herO and Solar.



I think he has a much better shot against Ryung than against herO tbh.



i agree with that. if ryung goes mech (what he will probably do) snute has a big chance to beat him. ryungs TvZ is not very strong compared to his TvT (he will beat byun, called it!).
Semikolon
Profile Joined February 2016
Norway46 Posts
March 02 2017 09:38 GMT
#78
These games are going to be awesome, I can't wait!

I'm flying down to Katowice tomorrow, and will see group C/D + the playoffs live. Mega hyped :D
Alucen-Will-
Profile Joined October 2014
United States4054 Posts
March 02 2017 09:44 GMT
#79
On March 02 2017 18:30 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2017 18:27 Semikolon wrote:
On March 02 2017 18:20 Musicus wrote:
If any of those players has Jetlag, it's their own fault tbh. Just arrive 2 days earlier, there were no games going on in Korea this week.

If Zest is still on Nation Wars level he will not advance, but I think he will have improved a lot since then.


I agree. It's just too easy to blame potential KR losses on jet lag and the like.

I also think that foreigners do have a shot here. Nerchio is in super form, Showtime definitely has the potential to advance, and so does uThermal. Probably not both of them, though

Snute will probably have a tough time against the KR terrans, but I think he can beat both herO and Solar.

I think he has a much better shot against Ryung than against herO tbh.

Stats vs TY as one of the first 3 matches in Group B. Okay.


What are your general thoughts on stats in lotv as far as playstyle?

I can't figure him out as a player. It feels like he does nothing exceptionally well other than playing exceptionally consistent
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
March 02 2017 09:45 GMT
#80
On March 02 2017 18:20 Musicus wrote:
If any of those players has Jetlag, it's their own fault tbh. Just arrive 2 days earlier, there were no games going on in Korea this week.


To he fair to zest, that was the plan but he forgot his passport or something and had to fly out today.
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 75 76 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 136
Rex 42
UpATreeSC 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33998
Calm 3430
Shuttle 2301
Jaedong 1732
Mini 635
Horang2 578
EffOrt 500
Soma 321
Rush 293
Stork 289
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 251
ZerO 219
Larva 217
BeSt 187
Snow 161
firebathero 116
Mong 100
Zeus 91
910 81
hero 79
Mind 71
sorry 44
Hyun 43
Free 37
Shinee 36
Sharp 35
Shine 30
ToSsGirL 28
Yoon 28
PianO 24
Killer 23
Aegong 21
JYJ 21
Bale 19
Terrorterran 18
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Hm[arnc] 10
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5693
Dendi1247
420jenkins228
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
x6flipin640
Fnx 78
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2146
Liquid`RaSZi1222
hiko655
B2W.Neo647
dupreeh511
ceh9345
crisheroes323
RotterdaM319
Khaldor291
Livibee196
TKL 173
QueenE111
Trikslyr93
Dewaltoss62
ZerO(Twitch)16
Beastyqt12
C9.Mang00
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3560
• WagamamaTV427
League of Legends
• Nemesis2621
Other Games
• Shiphtur755
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 57m
INu's Battles
18h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 57m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.