• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13224 users

[WCS] Global Finals - Day 1 2015 - Page 173

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 423 Next
The first match is scheduled to begin at 18:30 GMT (+00:00)
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 01 2015 19:53 GMT
#3441
On November 02 2015 04:50 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 04:49 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:47 BladeMasterPro wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:33 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:32 BladeMasterPro wrote:
I am still pretty new to SC2. Who are the favorites in this? I keep hearing Innovation?


INnoVation and Zest are probably near the top in terms of common, alongside sOs and herO. There's a wide range of players that could reasonably win if they play as good as they have in the past.


What Zerg player is good to watch? I saw that Life has a lot of achievements. I am a gold Zerg, so I am hoping to learn


If you're hoping to learn, I would recommend ByuL - his style is easier to emulate, and he tends to handle Terran mech slightly better than Life. Life is my favorite player, though, and he plays a very exciting style - if you're looking for intelligent problem solving and fancy unit control, Life is the player to follow.

Is "intelligent problem solving" a synonym for "cheesing the fuck out of better macro players"?


If that makes you feel better, yes it does
AdministratorBreak the chains
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
November 01 2015 19:53 GMT
#3442
On November 02 2015 04:52 Circumstance wrote:
Oh, is it time for Classic to derail another hype train already? Seems like it gets sooner and sooner every time.

There's no stopping a wrecking Byul
Neosteel Enthusiast
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
November 01 2015 19:53 GMT
#3443
On November 02 2015 04:52 Alchemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 04:51 Ej_ wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:51 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:50 Ej_ wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:49 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:47 BladeMasterPro wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:33 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:32 BladeMasterPro wrote:
I am still pretty new to SC2. Who are the favorites in this? I keep hearing Innovation?


INnoVation and Zest are probably near the top in terms of common, alongside sOs and herO. There's a wide range of players that could reasonably win if they play as good as they have in the past.


What Zerg player is good to watch? I saw that Life has a lot of achievements. I am a gold Zerg, so I am hoping to learn


If you're hoping to learn, I would recommend ByuL - his style is easier to emulate, and he tends to handle Terran mech slightly better than Life. Life is my favorite player, though, and he plays a very exciting style - if you're looking for intelligent problem solving and fancy unit control, Life is the player to follow.

Is "intelligent problem solving" a synonym for "cheesing the fuck out of better macro players"?


don't you play zerg?


I do.

you play?

SC2 helps me relax after hitting the Gazlowe pickers in HL.
I also banned out Iron Fortress recently which has been helping me with ZvZ lol.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 01 2015 19:53 GMT
#3444
On November 02 2015 04:52 Circumstance wrote:
Oh, is it time for Classic to derail another hype train already? Seems like it gets sooner and sooner every time.

Is Classic gonna go skytoss boys?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
November 01 2015 19:53 GMT
#3445
On November 02 2015 04:52 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 04:52 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:50 [PkF] Wire wrote:
FanTa probably had a chance after killing 16 workers. But I don't understand why he keeps trying to drop mines on armies, it just never works.

It works really well if you actually burrow them because most Protoss won't split.

he didn't burrow them ? I was surprised to see zero detonations too, there were like 10 mines


He messed up. Though since herO had force-fielded the rest of his army away I think it was okay for herO even if they had burrowed.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
November 01 2015 19:53 GMT
#3446
I predicted ByuL 3-2 Classic, let's see. I expect ByuL to perform very well (until finals ? ).
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
November 01 2015 19:54 GMT
#3447
ok ByuL lets do this
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
November 01 2015 19:54 GMT
#3448
On November 02 2015 04:52 MorDka wrote:
Ogaming has 7k viewers, that lilbow anticipation :D


I'd bet on a 15-20k
RIP MKP
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
November 01 2015 19:54 GMT
#3449
On November 02 2015 04:53 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I predicted ByuL 3-2 Classic, let's see. I expect ByuL to perform very well (until finals ? ).

I predicted Classic 3-2 ByuL. Come at me bro
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
November 01 2015 19:54 GMT
#3450
ByuL's vengeance begins soon
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
PepsiMaxxxx
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden5452 Posts
November 01 2015 19:54 GMT
#3451
Billy bob?
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
November 01 2015 19:54 GMT
#3452
On November 02 2015 04:52 Circumstance wrote:
Oh, is it time for Classic to derail another hype train already? Seems like it gets sooner and sooner every time.

i have byul 3-2 over classic and the more i think about it the more i feel like it's going to fuck me

zerg faith i guess
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 01 2015 19:54 GMT
#3453
On November 02 2015 04:54 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 04:53 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I predicted ByuL 3-2 Classic, let's see. I expect ByuL to perform very well (until finals ? ).

I predicted Classic 3-2 ByuL. Come at me bro

Me too... now I'm nervous.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
November 01 2015 19:54 GMT
#3454
On November 02 2015 04:53 Apoteosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 04:50 Ej_ wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:49 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:47 BladeMasterPro wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:33 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:32 BladeMasterPro wrote:
I am still pretty new to SC2. Who are the favorites in this? I keep hearing Innovation?


INnoVation and Zest are probably near the top in terms of common, alongside sOs and herO. There's a wide range of players that could reasonably win if they play as good as they have in the past.


What Zerg player is good to watch? I saw that Life has a lot of achievements. I am a gold Zerg, so I am hoping to learn


If you're hoping to learn, I would recommend ByuL - his style is easier to emulate, and he tends to handle Terran mech slightly better than Life. Life is my favorite player, though, and he plays a very exciting style - if you're looking for intelligent problem solving and fancy unit control, Life is the player to follow.

Is "intelligent problem solving" a synonym for "cheesing the fuck out of better macro players"?


Well, Mvp was a regular cheeser, and he is considered by some the GOAT of sc2. Go figure...


Mvp was mostly known for being a super defensive macro terran. He only started cheesing a lot once his wrists died.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
November 01 2015 19:54 GMT
#3455
Billybob lol
Neosteel Enthusiast
Alchemik
Profile Joined March 2014
Poland7124 Posts
November 01 2015 19:55 GMT
#3456
On November 02 2015 04:53 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 04:52 Alchemik wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:51 Ej_ wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:51 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:50 Ej_ wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:49 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:47 BladeMasterPro wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:33 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:32 BladeMasterPro wrote:
I am still pretty new to SC2. Who are the favorites in this? I keep hearing Innovation?


INnoVation and Zest are probably near the top in terms of common, alongside sOs and herO. There's a wide range of players that could reasonably win if they play as good as they have in the past.


What Zerg player is good to watch? I saw that Life has a lot of achievements. I am a gold Zerg, so I am hoping to learn


If you're hoping to learn, I would recommend ByuL - his style is easier to emulate, and he tends to handle Terran mech slightly better than Life. Life is my favorite player, though, and he plays a very exciting style - if you're looking for intelligent problem solving and fancy unit control, Life is the player to follow.

Is "intelligent problem solving" a synonym for "cheesing the fuck out of better macro players"?


don't you play zerg?


I do.

you play?

SC2 helps me relax after hitting the Gazlowe pickers in HL.
I also banned out Iron Fortress recently which has been helping me with ZvZ lol.

I always loved Iron Fortress for macro ZvZ

but then again, no one plays macro ZvZ there
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
November 01 2015 19:55 GMT
#3457
On November 02 2015 04:54 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 04:53 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I predicted ByuL 3-2 Classic, let's see. I expect ByuL to perform very well (until finals ? ).

I predicted Classic 3-2 ByuL. Come at me bro

well our predictions aren't that different, I just think herO will scout the 8 pool last on Cactus Valley while you think he'll scout it first
Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
November 01 2015 19:55 GMT
#3458
On November 02 2015 04:52 Cricketer12 wrote:
Circumstance, is Chobro okay in your opinion?

?

He's an excellent host, always has been. I didn't see him enough back when he was a caster to judge him on his abilities there.
The world is better when every background has a chance.
chambertin
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1704 Posts
November 01 2015 19:55 GMT
#3459
why couldn't those widow mines get their shots off... it seems like none of them did. if fanta had some more composure, or had taken the fight when herO was going into his natural I feel he could have done so much better.... so sad for fanta.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing" - Socrates?
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 01 2015 19:55 GMT
#3460
On November 02 2015 04:54 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 04:53 Apoteosis wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:50 Ej_ wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:49 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:47 BladeMasterPro wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:33 Zealously wrote:
On November 02 2015 04:32 BladeMasterPro wrote:
I am still pretty new to SC2. Who are the favorites in this? I keep hearing Innovation?


INnoVation and Zest are probably near the top in terms of common, alongside sOs and herO. There's a wide range of players that could reasonably win if they play as good as they have in the past.


What Zerg player is good to watch? I saw that Life has a lot of achievements. I am a gold Zerg, so I am hoping to learn


If you're hoping to learn, I would recommend ByuL - his style is easier to emulate, and he tends to handle Terran mech slightly better than Life. Life is my favorite player, though, and he plays a very exciting style - if you're looking for intelligent problem solving and fancy unit control, Life is the player to follow.

Is "intelligent problem solving" a synonym for "cheesing the fuck out of better macro players"?


Well, Mvp was a regular cheeser, and he is considered by some the GOAT of sc2. Go figure...


Mvp was mostly known for being a super defensive macro terran. He only started cheesing a lot once his wrists died.


I think the point is that he cheesed when he knew it was his best chance to win. It shouldn't matter much why his chances in macro games were slim.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 423 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10435
Artosis 626
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
Doublelift5059
JimRising 181
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4250
Other Games
summit1g8779
FrodaN2348
Liquid`RaSZi2060
C9.Mang0298
Livibee194
ToD179
Pyrionflax109
Maynarde95
ArmadaUGS48
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• musti20045 47
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP10
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Scarra661
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.