• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:08
CEST 19:08
KST 02:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10528 users

[IEM] Season IX - Toronto Day 1 - Page 94

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 157 Next
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
August 28 2014 23:03 GMT
#1861
Jaedong should probably start getting lessons from Huk on how to play Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (the expansion pack to Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty) at a high level.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
August 28 2014 23:03 GMT
#1862
Ret is asking himself why there are so many drones.
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
August 28 2014 23:03 GMT
#1863
On August 29 2014 08:00 dravernor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:59 Yhamm wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:57 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:56 Yhamm wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:55 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:55 Yhamm wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:54 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:52 Boucot wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:49 Squat wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:46 Jazzman88 wrote:
[quote]

No, I'm not annoyed at his accent. Hell, compared to some of my Quebecois relatives, it's downright theatre-grade diction. I really don't find it that hard to interpret.

It's really odd how unintelligible many French-Canadians sound when speaking English. They live in a mostly English speking country, yet they sound stranger than actual Frenchmen.

I don't know how they speak english but the Québec accent in french is fantastic. Best in the world.

Swiss French harder to understand imo

its so easy to understand.

Please don't tell pPingu I said that :3

sorry, I already did before you asked me not to

Wow I thought we were friends
Okay well now I want to hear Androxide speak french so I can compare all your accents

+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't

I don't think you ever heard me speaking French yet
and I certainly didn't hear you

Yeah because my French is awful And I am sure I have heard you and pPingu play Dota together in French. But maybe I was only listening to pPingu.
wow, that's so mean
you are worse than me
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
August 28 2014 23:03 GMT
#1864
Did tempest ever get the building damage bonus?
Neosteel Enthusiast
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1865
On August 29 2014 08:02 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:59 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:57 Jazzman88 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:56 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:52 Boucot wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:49 Squat wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:46 Jazzman88 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:44 KeksX wrote:
Is anyone else a little annoyed at ToD's strong accent? I mean if he wants to work full time as a caster, it might be worth to invest into a couple of speech courses to get rid of at least some things that he ALWAYS says.
I like him as an honest analytical caster, but he tries to carries with play-by-play as well and that makes it a bit tiring.
Biggest pet peeve atm is "Walkers" instead of "Workers".

It's not a major thing, just would make his casting a lot better if he got rid of things like that.


No, I'm not annoyed at his accent. Hell, compared to some of my Quebecois relatives, it's downright theatre-grade diction. I really don't find it that hard to interpret.

It's really odd how unintelligible many French-Canadians sound when speaking English. They live in a mostly English speking country, yet they sound stranger than actual Frenchmen.

I don't know how they speak english but the Québec accent in french is fantastic. Best in the world.

I cannot understand Quebecois French for the life of me.


Really? I find Quebecois French better (granted, I married into a Quebecois family). The Parisiens always sound to me like they're speaking out of a straw. Easy key for beginner's understanding: look for the English profanities.

Well I (and most of my immediate family) are Parisian so that may have something to do with it too.


I've been to France, Belgium, and Quebec and I've found everyone really easy to understand. Granted the school I went to had people with very diverse backgrounds, from Marseilles to Algerie, so that might be why.

Funnily enough, my Grandmother and her family is from Algeria. She grew up to be an English teacher.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1866
can't understand that snute is not using changeling scouts. I would be so scared about stuff the Protoss is doing on the right side.
dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1867
Okay, but really, I am going to bed now. As mush as I love this game.
GL Snute!
<3
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1868
On August 29 2014 08:03 Lunareste wrote:
I'd really prefer to see Arbiters, so the Protoss could at least TRY and pick apart the zerg through drops and multitask

hero destroyed snute's entire main with zealots and DTs on nimbus and sniped the third multiple times...
TL+ Member
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1869
I don't understand how people can like this and call this "exciting aggressive swarm host play".
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1870
On August 29 2014 08:02 stuchiu wrote:
Jaedong probably shouldnt have challenged Leenock to a knife fight

Only Life can challenge him there, at least when Leenock is on his game
"Expert" mods4ever.com
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1871
50 spores. So dirty.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Jazzman88
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada2228 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1872
On August 29 2014 08:02 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:59 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:57 Jazzman88 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:56 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:52 Boucot wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:49 Squat wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:46 Jazzman88 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:44 KeksX wrote:
Is anyone else a little annoyed at ToD's strong accent? I mean if he wants to work full time as a caster, it might be worth to invest into a couple of speech courses to get rid of at least some things that he ALWAYS says.
I like him as an honest analytical caster, but he tries to carries with play-by-play as well and that makes it a bit tiring.
Biggest pet peeve atm is "Walkers" instead of "Workers".

It's not a major thing, just would make his casting a lot better if he got rid of things like that.


No, I'm not annoyed at his accent. Hell, compared to some of my Quebecois relatives, it's downright theatre-grade diction. I really don't find it that hard to interpret.

It's really odd how unintelligible many French-Canadians sound when speaking English. They live in a mostly English speking country, yet they sound stranger than actual Frenchmen.

I don't know how they speak english but the Québec accent in french is fantastic. Best in the world.

I cannot understand Quebecois French for the life of me.


Really? I find Quebecois French better (granted, I married into a Quebecois family). The Parisiens always sound to me like they're speaking out of a straw. Easy key for beginner's understanding: look for the English profanities.

Well I (and most of my immediate family) are Parisian so that may have something to do with it too.


I've been to France, Belgium, and Quebec and I've found everyone really easy to understand. Granted the school I went to had people with very diverse backgrounds, from Marseilles to Algerie, so that might be why.


It also might depend on where in those places you went. Paris is easier to understand than a farmhouse outside of Troyes, Montreal easier than Chicoutimi, etc.
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1873
herO getting sooooo many feedbacks on the vipers.
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1874
With these banks... this is gonna be 2 hours long
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1875
herO taking 8 bases
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
August 28 2014 23:04 GMT
#1876
oh god, snute had horrible viper control in this game
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-28 23:06:03
August 28 2014 23:05 GMT
#1877
On August 29 2014 08:04 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 08:03 Lunareste wrote:
I'd really prefer to see Arbiters, so the Protoss could at least TRY and pick apart the zerg through drops and multitask

hero destroyed snute's entire main with zealots and DTs on nimbus and sniped the third multiple times...


yeah but it's still deathball versus deathball.

I imagine what someone like hero could do with arbiters and shuttle drops

splitting the deathball and stopping these retarded mass spore crawler matches is the name of the game
KT FlaSh FOREVER
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
August 28 2014 23:05 GMT
#1878
On August 29 2014 08:04 Grumbels wrote:
I don't understand how people can like this and call this "exciting aggressive swarm host play".

no one does? lol? snute has different SH styles. game 1 was mass hydra with a muta switch and a lot of aggression. against the other hero at DH/IEM a while back he used upgraded lings. no one calls mass spore crawling aggressive or exciting.
TL+ Member
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
August 28 2014 23:05 GMT
#1879
On August 29 2014 08:03 Fionn wrote:
Jaedong should probably start getting lessons from Huk on how to play Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (the expansion pack to Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty) at a high level.

Got 'em
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
August 28 2014 23:05 GMT
#1880
On August 29 2014 08:03 Yhamm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 08:00 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:59 Yhamm wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:57 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:56 Yhamm wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:55 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:55 Yhamm wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:54 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:52 Boucot wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:49 Squat wrote:
[quote]
It's really odd how unintelligible many French-Canadians sound when speaking English. They live in a mostly English speking country, yet they sound stranger than actual Frenchmen.

I don't know how they speak english but the Québec accent in french is fantastic. Best in the world.

Swiss French harder to understand imo

its so easy to understand.

Please don't tell pPingu I said that :3

sorry, I already did before you asked me not to

Wow I thought we were friends
Okay well now I want to hear Androxide speak french so I can compare all your accents

+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't

I don't think you ever heard me speaking French yet
and I certainly didn't hear you

Yeah because my French is awful And I am sure I have heard you and pPingu play Dota together in French. But maybe I was only listening to pPingu.
wow, that's so mean
you are worse than me

What?!! No I am not. I was so sure I heard you converse with him in french But maybe I did mishear, I dunno.
<3
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 157 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 496
UpATreeSC 86
Codebar 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35798
Calm 3702
Shuttle 1326
FanTaSy 975
actioN 299
EffOrt 270
firebathero 185
Rush 182
Hyuk 159
Dewaltoss 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 65
Liquid`Ret 61
Barracks 54
Hyun 30
Aegong 25
Free 25
soO 23
Bale 22
HiyA 21
PianO 17
Shine 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7330
Dendi978
XaKoH 341
Fuzer 28
League of Legends
KnowMe60
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1555
x6flipin535
fl0m0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes675
Other Games
singsing2534
FrodaN1169
Beastyqt657
mouzStarbuck301
B2W.Neo291
byalli207
Livibee195
C9.Mang0141
RotterdaM109
Trikslyr65
Mew2King57
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV490
Other Games
• Shiphtur925
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 7m
Replay Cast
5h 52m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.