• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:04
CEST 22:04
KST 05:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8740 users

ASUS ROG @NorthCon Day 1 2013 - Page 69

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 178 Next
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 06 2013 17:39 GMT
#1361
On December 07 2013 02:37 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:35 Darkhoarse wrote:
Like a true nerd I hadn't looked outside all day, so I ended up walking out in the rain/30 degree temperature (0 C you crazy Europeans) in shorts and a t shirt.

Either way, armed with 2 burritos a, bag of chips, and a 6 pack of shitty beer, I'm in it for the long haul. Did I miss anything?

It's freezing outside but you sit in shorts at home? Nice heating bill

I don't pay my heating bill at University
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12570 Posts
December 06 2013 17:40 GMT
#1362
Aw sick for Welmu, going 2-0 vs Life in the winner's match and now he probably won't make it through at all... I know he probably didn't expect to pass in the first place, but that's sort of cruel.

Also, lol @Life, 0-2 into 3-2 twice, no fucks given. Good job^^
No will to live, no wish to die
marcesr
Profile Joined June 2008
Germany1383 Posts
December 06 2013 17:41 GMT
#1363
German lans were never that good at holding esport tournaments.
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
December 06 2013 17:42 GMT
#1364
On December 07 2013 02:39 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:37 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:35 Darkhoarse wrote:
Like a true nerd I hadn't looked outside all day, so I ended up walking out in the rain/30 degree temperature (0 C you crazy Europeans) in shorts and a t shirt.

Either way, armed with 2 burritos a, bag of chips, and a 6 pack of shitty beer, I'm in it for the long haul. Did I miss anything?

It's freezing outside but you sit in shorts at home? Nice heating bill

I don't pay my heating bill at University


One of the best parts about it tbh
il_Cattivo
Profile Joined January 2013
Turkey54 Posts
December 06 2013 17:42 GMT
#1365
On December 07 2013 02:35 Darkhoarse wrote:
Like a true nerd I hadn't looked outside all day, so I ended up walking out in the rain/30 degree temperature (0 C you crazy Europeans) in shorts and a t shirt.

Either way, armed with 2 burritos a, bag of chips, and a 6 pack of shitty beer, I'm in it for the long haul. Did I miss anything?


Pffffft Celsius scale is way better than Fahrenheit. Bronze league Celsius equals Diamond league Fahrenheit.
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
December 06 2013 17:43 GMT
#1366
On December 07 2013 02:41 marcesr wrote:
German lans were never that good at holding esport tournaments.

What? From my perspective GC does a relatively good job. But I might be slightly biased about that, since I don´t recognize the streaming problems there.
Niko_Thien
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany2671 Posts
December 06 2013 17:43 GMT
#1367
I will just drink some Glühwein in the meantime :D (hot wine punch, I hope that is the correct translation ;D)
@Niko_Thien on twitter!
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 06 2013 17:44 GMT
#1368
On December 07 2013 02:42 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:39 Darkhoarse wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:37 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:35 Darkhoarse wrote:
Like a true nerd I hadn't looked outside all day, so I ended up walking out in the rain/30 degree temperature (0 C you crazy Europeans) in shorts and a t shirt.

Either way, armed with 2 burritos a, bag of chips, and a 6 pack of shitty beer, I'm in it for the long haul. Did I miss anything?

It's freezing outside but you sit in shorts at home? Nice heating bill

I don't pay my heating bill at University


One of the best parts about it tbh

I also don't have access to my thermostat either so it's up to them how warm I am. However, they've been pretty nice to us this year.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
marcesr
Profile Joined June 2008
Germany1383 Posts
December 06 2013 17:45 GMT
#1369
On December 07 2013 02:43 Xoronius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:41 marcesr wrote:
German lans were never that good at holding esport tournaments.

What? From my perspective GC does a relatively good job. But I might be slightly biased about that, since I don´t recognize the streaming problems there.


GC = Games convention? I didnt talk about ESL or Take, they do an awesome job. Im talking about lans like the Northcon.

Also it is ridiculous to mainly blame the storm for the failures at this tournament. The infrastructure in Germany is barely affected.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46510 Posts
December 06 2013 17:45 GMT
#1370
Innovation and Life scaring the shit out of me watching them play vs. Welmu lol
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Mekare
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany393 Posts
December 06 2013 17:47 GMT
#1371
On December 07 2013 02:45 marcesr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:43 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:41 marcesr wrote:
German lans were never that good at holding esport tournaments.

What? From my perspective GC does a relatively good job. But I might be slightly biased about that, since I don´t recognize the streaming problems there.


GC = Games convention? I didnt talk about ESL or Take, they do an awesome job. Im talking about lans like the Northcon.

Also it is ridiculous to mainly blame the storm for the failures at this tournament. The infrastructure in Germany is barely affected.


I think he meant GC = gamescom
Qwerty85
Profile Joined June 2012
Croatia5536 Posts
December 06 2013 17:48 GMT
#1372
So is this over or not, it says Welmu vs. Inno for probably last 30 minutes.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 06 2013 17:49 GMT
#1373
On December 07 2013 02:48 Qwerty85 wrote:
So is this over or not, it says Welmu vs. Inno for probably last 30 minutes.

Technical difficulties mate they should be back online soon ish
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-06 17:50:30
December 06 2013 17:49 GMT
#1374
On December 07 2013 02:45 marcesr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:43 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:41 marcesr wrote:
German lans were never that good at holding esport tournaments.

What? From my perspective GC does a relatively good job. But I might be slightly biased about that, since I don´t recognize the streaming problems there.


GC = Games convention? I didnt talk about ESL or Take, they do an awesome job. Im talking about lans like the Northcon.

Also it is ridiculous to mainly blame the storm for the failures at this tournament. The infrastructure in Germany is barely affected.

Yep, GC=GamesCom. If you exclude ESL and TaKe, you can´t just generalize as german LANs without mentioning that. However, just a misunderstanding between us apperently.
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
December 06 2013 17:50 GMT
#1375
On December 07 2013 02:47 Mekare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:45 marcesr wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:43 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:41 marcesr wrote:
German lans were never that good at holding esport tournaments.

What? From my perspective GC does a relatively good job. But I might be slightly biased about that, since I don´t recognize the streaming problems there.


GC = Games convention? I didnt talk about ESL or Take, they do an awesome job. Im talking about lans like the Northcon.

Also it is ridiculous to mainly blame the storm for the failures at this tournament. The infrastructure in Germany is barely affected.


I think he meant GC = gamescom

But GamesCom is not a LAN right ? It's an exhibition convention.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
December 06 2013 17:50 GMT
#1376
On December 07 2013 02:38 Rescawen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:37 MrMotionPicture wrote:
Side note: The Pantone color of the year for 2014 - Radiant Orchid means innovation. Innovation will win all of 2014. http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/life/ct-pantone-color-of-year-20131206,0,2132858.story


How is innovation connected to purple?


He was born of royalty.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
December 06 2013 17:52 GMT
#1377
On December 07 2013 02:50 Boucot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:47 Mekare wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:45 marcesr wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:43 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:41 marcesr wrote:
German lans were never that good at holding esport tournaments.

What? From my perspective GC does a relatively good job. But I might be slightly biased about that, since I don´t recognize the streaming problems there.


GC = Games convention? I didnt talk about ESL or Take, they do an awesome job. Im talking about lans like the Northcon.

Also it is ridiculous to mainly blame the storm for the failures at this tournament. The infrastructure in Germany is barely affected.


I think he meant GC = gamescom

But GamesCom is not a LAN right ? It's an exhibition convention.

Yes, but there is an IEM/WCS tournament every year, and "GC" is two letters, while "IEM/WCS" is seven and I was to lazy to write the additional five.
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
December 06 2013 17:53 GMT
#1378
On December 07 2013 02:44 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 02:42 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:39 Darkhoarse wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:37 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On December 07 2013 02:35 Darkhoarse wrote:
Like a true nerd I hadn't looked outside all day, so I ended up walking out in the rain/30 degree temperature (0 C you crazy Europeans) in shorts and a t shirt.

Either way, armed with 2 burritos a, bag of chips, and a 6 pack of shitty beer, I'm in it for the long haul. Did I miss anything?

It's freezing outside but you sit in shorts at home? Nice heating bill

I don't pay my heating bill at University


One of the best parts about it tbh

I also don't have access to my thermostat either so it's up to them how warm I am. However, they've been pretty nice to us this year.

We had basically zero heating at our seminars for the last two months, and the windows are drafty as hell. Though it was pretty funny watching our aging professor hold the seminar in an over-sized bomber jacket and a bright blue beanie.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
December 06 2013 17:53 GMT
#1379
As long as Jaedong doesn't care it's ok.

http://instagram.com/p/hltQyFsTAN/
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 06 2013 17:54 GMT
#1380
On December 07 2013 02:53 Musicus wrote:
As long as Jaedong doesn't care it's ok.

http://instagram.com/p/hltQyFsTAN/

Typical EG player playing other games no wonder so bad. Shame.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 178 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 681
JuggernautJason89
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 654
Shuttle 521
ZZZero.O 126
Zeus 69
Hyun 42
soO 37
Dota 2
qojqva2394
canceldota50
League of Legends
Doublelift1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5414
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4044
Liquid`Hasu718
Other Games
summit1g4672
FrodaN1084
KnowMe333
420jenkins257
ToD204
Pyrionflax198
Livibee171
QueenE61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick661
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• Hupsaiya 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1829
Other Games
• imaqtpie971
• Shiphtur606
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 56m
Patches Events
18h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 56m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.