• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:35
CEST 16:35
KST 23:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5993 users

[WCS Finals] Day 3 Season 3 Grand Finals 2013 - Page 307

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 305 306 307 308 Next
Please avoid balance whining as usual.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
October 28 2013 20:07 GMT
#6121
On October 29 2013 04:56 Master of DalK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 22:03 StarStruck wrote:
On October 28 2013 21:46 suicideyear wrote:
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery go dear

stx 4 life


About time we get more STX Soul fans showing up in this thread. I was wondering where all the STX fans were in Toronto as well. They just didn't make a lot of noise for them during the matches. The Maru and Soulkey chants were much, much louder and frequent. I guess Torontonians don't like Protoss as much as the rest atm. Ha ha ha ;p

I guess our cheering didn't come through very well on stream, because we were cheering for Dear A LOT. One time after a SoulKey chant finished we started going "Dear is better"
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 04:24 BlueStar wrote:
And would be great if someone from NASL bothers to upload the VODs from the final.
T_T

Always could watch VODs on Twitch, also they haven't quite got the venue packed up yet ;p Cut them a little slack.

I only heard soulkey fans until Dear won. Then I thought everyone at once just jumped ship.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 28 2013 20:26 GMT
#6122
On October 29 2013 05:07 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 04:56 Master of DalK wrote:
On October 28 2013 22:03 StarStruck wrote:
On October 28 2013 21:46 suicideyear wrote:
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery go dear

stx 4 life


About time we get more STX Soul fans showing up in this thread. I was wondering where all the STX fans were in Toronto as well. They just didn't make a lot of noise for them during the matches. The Maru and Soulkey chants were much, much louder and frequent. I guess Torontonians don't like Protoss as much as the rest atm. Ha ha ha ;p

I guess our cheering didn't come through very well on stream, because we were cheering for Dear A LOT. One time after a SoulKey chant finished we started going "Dear is better"
On October 29 2013 04:24 BlueStar wrote:
And would be great if someone from NASL bothers to upload the VODs from the final.
T_T

Always could watch VODs on Twitch, also they haven't quite got the venue packed up yet ;p Cut them a little slack.

I only heard soulkey fans until Dear won. Then I thought everyone at once just jumped ship.

I was rooting for Maru > Dear > Byul > Soulkey > Trap > Oz at the beginning of the day -.-
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
quidditch
Profile Joined April 2013
17 Posts
October 28 2013 20:45 GMT
#6123
Soulkey had a bad day Dear made him look like a code B player
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
October 28 2013 21:05 GMT
#6124
On October 29 2013 05:45 quidditch wrote:
Soulkey had a bad day Dear made him look like a code B player

He had a good day up until Dear...
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-28 21:59:13
October 28 2013 21:54 GMT
#6125
On October 29 2013 05:07 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 04:56 Master of DalK wrote:
On October 28 2013 22:03 StarStruck wrote:
On October 28 2013 21:46 suicideyear wrote:
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery go dear

stx 4 life


About time we get more STX Soul fans showing up in this thread. I was wondering where all the STX fans were in Toronto as well. They just didn't make a lot of noise for them during the matches. The Maru and Soulkey chants were much, much louder and frequent. I guess Torontonians don't like Protoss as much as the rest atm. Ha ha ha ;p

I guess our cheering didn't come through very well on stream, because we were cheering for Dear A LOT. One time after a SoulKey chant finished we started going "Dear is better"
On October 29 2013 04:24 BlueStar wrote:
And would be great if someone from NASL bothers to upload the VODs from the final.
T_T

Always could watch VODs on Twitch, also they haven't quite got the venue packed up yet ;p Cut them a little slack.

I only heard soulkey fans until Dear won. Then I thought everyone at once just jumped ship.


Yep. Pretty much. They would cheer regardless of who won though at the end but the cheers after the player intros were for Mr. SK. "Thanks for all the practice SoulKey." "Errrrrr... no problem." It pays to play against the top players boys.

On October 29 2013 06:05 sparklyresidue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 05:45 quidditch wrote:
Soulkey had a bad day Dear made him look like a code B player

He had a good day up until Dear...


Can, I? Can, I? I'll just use a picture because it speaks a 1,000 words:

[image loading]

On October 29 2013 04:56 Master of DalK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 22:03 StarStruck wrote:
On October 28 2013 21:46 suicideyear wrote:
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery go dear

stx 4 life


About time we get more STX Soul fans showing up in this thread. I was wondering where all the STX fans were in Toronto as well. They just didn't make a lot of noise for them during the matches. The Maru and Soulkey chants were much, much louder and frequent. I guess Torontonians don't like Protoss as much as the rest atm. Ha ha ha ;p

I guess our cheering didn't come through very well on stream, because we were cheering for Dear A LOT. One time after a SoulKey chant finished we started going "Dear is better"
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 04:24 BlueStar wrote:
And would be great if someone from NASL bothers to upload the VODs from the final.
T_T

Always could watch VODs on Twitch, also they haven't quite got the venue packed up yet ;p Cut them a little slack.


Hey, I was trying to help out with that one but yeah it got lost. >_<
Oyman_tr
Profile Joined July 2010
Turkey104 Posts
October 28 2013 22:54 GMT
#6126
if dear plays same shape in blizzcon he's gonna crush taeja. but I dont think dear can play same perform like against maru. that was the one of the best play in sc2 history. so sad for maru.
Peior est bello timor ipse belli
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
October 28 2013 23:14 GMT
#6127
taeja does like ghosts though. -.^
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-28 23:31:10
October 28 2013 23:30 GMT
#6128
On October 29 2013 07:54 Oyman_tr wrote:
if dear plays same shape in blizzcon he's gonna crush taeja. but I dont think dear can play same perform like against maru. that was the one of the best play in sc2 history. so sad for maru.

Taeja plays a different kind of TvP, he likes way more posturing and massing CC's, but i see your point with the good harass Dear is able to dish out while managing his army.

I think they would put down better games, maybe not as explosive tho.
esaul17
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada547 Posts
October 29 2013 03:39 GMT
#6129
I was at the event, Maru and Soulkey definitely had much larger (or at least more vocal) fanbases than Trap or Dear did. I felt like there was some anti-P sentiment in general.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
October 29 2013 06:10 GMT
#6130
On October 29 2013 12:39 esaul17 wrote:
I was at the event, Maru and Soulkey definitely had much larger (or at least more vocal) fanbases than Trap or Dear did. I felt like there was some anti-P sentiment in general.


Oh there definitely was. I overheard a few people talking about Protoss and I actually had to cut them off and tried to point some stuff out to them. I don't let things like that slide.
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
October 29 2013 09:28 GMT
#6131
On October 28 2013 20:48 zelderan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 12:09 Tchado wrote:
GOD DAMN IT day 9 ! at the beginning he said "In 12 hours we will have a winner" and I thought.....hmmm , cool I just wanna watch the finals , it's getting late so I'll go to sleep and I do so , 7 hours later I wake up......and this shit is over ???

Well I'm not taking a caster's word anymore , just gonna have to wait for the vids on youtube,



Wait have you ever watched a StarCraft event before? If you have, you should know that these games, although a BO7, can be four games long, just like the finals were. Don't blame this on the casters >_>



Though ESL produced events tend to be within their schedule. Wasn't WCS EU finals even done much faster than it was supposed to be?
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
October 29 2013 10:24 GMT
#6132
Just caught up on the games. G1 Dear vs Maru's the highest level PvT I've seen in SC2. Just jaw-dropping defence vs relentless aggression. I could watch those two play all day. G4 was also sick.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
October 29 2013 10:56 GMT
#6133
Dear vs Maru g1 is so beautiful
AdministratorBreak the chains
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
October 29 2013 11:30 GMT
#6134
I'm having trouble accepting this new world where Dear and Maru are the best players. I thought everything had stabilized with Flash, Soulkey, Innovation, Rain at the top.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
dustinth
Profile Joined September 2012
China205 Posts
October 29 2013 11:36 GMT
#6135
On October 29 2013 20:30 Grumbels wrote:
I'm having trouble accepting this new world where Dear and Maru are the best players. I thought everything had stabilized with Flash, Soulkey, Innovation, Rain at the top.


There is a new world every day. you need accept that

Tomorrow, there will be another group of best players, you will feel comfortable if you read latest Power Ranks.
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
October 29 2013 11:37 GMT
#6136
On October 29 2013 20:30 Grumbels wrote:
I'm having trouble accepting this new world where Dear and Maru are the best players. I thought everything had stabilized with Flash, Soulkey, Innovation, Rain at the top.

Don't worry, we'll probably have new best players in a few weeks.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 29 2013 11:45 GMT
#6137
On October 29 2013 20:30 Grumbels wrote:
I'm having trouble accepting this new world where Dear and Maru are the best players. I thought everything had stabilized with Flash, Soulkey, Innovation, Rain at the top.

flash hasn't been at the top since proleague ended, and it's been over two months since maru snapped rain and bogus in OSL

soulkey is still very consistent, and dear is quite the new favourite, though.
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
lolmlg
Profile Joined November 2011
619 Posts
October 29 2013 11:50 GMT
#6138
On October 29 2013 15:10 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 12:39 esaul17 wrote:
I was at the event, Maru and Soulkey definitely had much larger (or at least more vocal) fanbases than Trap or Dear did. I felt like there was some anti-P sentiment in general.


Oh there definitely was. I overheard a few people talking about Protoss and I actually had to cut them off and tried to point some stuff out to them. I don't let things like that slide.

Haha, next you're going to tell us you feel persecuted.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 29 2013 11:54 GMT
#6139
On October 29 2013 08:14 StarStruck wrote:
taeja does like ghosts though. -.^

Trap will teach Dear storm drops /s
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 29 2013 11:55 GMT
#6140
On October 29 2013 20:30 Grumbels wrote:
I'm having trouble accepting this new world where Dear and Maru are the best players. I thought everything had stabilized with Flash, Soulkey, Innovation, Rain at the top.

Soulkey is still top of the world though. Consistency bro, Woongjin players have it (damn it, it looks almost sarcastic remembering BW).
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Prev 1 305 306 307 308 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 957
WardiTV805
OGKoka 257
Rex139
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 257
ProTech140
Rex 139
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2801
Shuttle 1702
EffOrt 814
BeSt 650
Mini 394
Light 390
firebathero 358
Stork 327
ggaemo 270
ZerO 270
[ Show more ]
Rush 178
Barracks 121
Zeus 74
Shine 73
Killer 66
Sea.KH 63
sorry 40
Hyun 40
Yoon 37
Mong 32
Shinee 31
Aegong 29
Sexy 28
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 22
Terrorterran 21
HiyA 21
soO 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
qojqva3645
Dendi1807
BananaSlamJamma353
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes589
Other Games
singsing2266
hiko1044
B2W.Neo827
Lowko354
Liquid`RaSZi327
Pyrionflax220
Sick208
Liquid`VortiX205
ArmadaUGS107
Mew2King40
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream551
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH300
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2152
• Nemesis1559
• TFBlade642
Other Games
• WagamamaTV271
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 26m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.