• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:57
CEST 14:57
KST 21:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7075 users

Finnish Starcraft League - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
September 25 2013 13:07 GMT
#21
On September 23 2013 02:29 Master of DalK wrote:
Finland is def top 10 sc2 country. Glad they'll get to show it more~ :D


Countries that are definitely better than Finland:
Korea
Sweden
Ukraine
Russia
USA
Canada
Germany
China

Some of the countries Finland compete with for the remaining three to four spots in the top 10:
Netherlands
Spain
Poland
Finland
France
Denmark
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Fuzer
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Finland266 Posts
September 25 2013 13:08 GMT
#22
On September 25 2013 22:07 Grovbolle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 02:29 Master of DalK wrote:
Finland is def top 10 sc2 country. Glad they'll get to show it more~ :D


Countries that are definitely better than Finland:
Korea
Sweden

Some of the countries compete with for the remaining spots in the top 10:
Rest


Fixed
Fuchsteufelswild
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2028 Posts
September 25 2013 13:13 GMT
#23
Wicked. I love the sound of Finnish and Fuzer is pretty fun to listen to (or watch), so I may tune into the Finnish cast even without understanding it.
Hopefully I'll see some cool Welmu, Naama and Elfitaja games.
ZerO - FantaSy - Calm - Nal_rA - Jaedong - NaDa - EffOrt - Bisu - by.hero - StarDust - Welmu - Nerchio - Supernova - Solar - Squirtle - LosirA - Grubby - IntoTheRainbow - Golden... ~~~ Incredible Miracle and Woongjin Stars 화이팅!
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
September 25 2013 13:15 GMT
#24
On September 25 2013 22:07 Grovbolle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 02:29 Master of DalK wrote:
Finland is def top 10 sc2 country. Glad they'll get to show it more~ :D


Countries that are definitely better than Finland:
Korea
Sweden
Ukraine
Russia
USA
Canada
Germany
China

Some of the countries Finland compete with for the remaining three to four spots in the top 10:
Netherlands
Spain
Poland
Finland
France
Denmark

When you do list please say why. Name of players maybe?

Korea: agree
Sweden: agree
Ukraine: Used to be better 2010-2012 but pretty even now.
Russia. Definetely better? Nah...but better than Finland agree.
USA: competely disagree. Name me players pls!
Canada: Land of one player; Scarlett. HuK is errmm...good
Germany: agree
China: agree.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-25 13:18:36
September 25 2013 13:17 GMT
#25
On September 25 2013 22:13 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Wicked. I love the sound of Finnish and Fuzer is pretty fun to listen to (or watch), so I may tune into the Finnish cast even without understanding it.
Hopefully I'll see some cool Welmu, Naama and Elfitaja games.

There will be english stream. Our american-finnish golden boy Yosu (Josu) will cast also.

elfittaja (elfittäjä) *
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-25 13:38:17
September 25 2013 13:37 GMT
#26
On September 25 2013 22:15 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 22:07 Grovbolle wrote:
On September 23 2013 02:29 Master of DalK wrote:
Finland is def top 10 sc2 country. Glad they'll get to show it more~ :D


Countries that are definitely better than Finland:
Korea
Sweden
Ukraine
Russia
USA
Canada
Germany
China

Some of the countries Finland compete with for the remaining three to four spots in the top 10:
Netherlands
Spain
Poland
Finland
France
Denmark

When you do list please say why. Name of players maybe?

Korea: agree
Sweden: agree
Ukraine: Used to be better 2010-2012 but pretty even now.
Russia. Definetely better? Nah...but better than Finland agree.
USA: competely disagree. Name me players pls!
Canada: Land of one player; Scarlett. HuK is errmm...good
Germany: agree
China: agree.

I still believe Ukraine is better, just the sheer amount of good players like Bly, Dimaga, Strelok and HappyZerg.
Canada: Scarlett and HuK (obviously) have done well in the past, but players like Masa, Kane and Hendralisk are pretty good as well.
USA: I guess it is more rooted in the past, although new players like goswser, suppy, minigun, puck as well as the return of qxc also means you could make the case for USA>Finland.

Basically I was just pointing out that "Definitely top 10 country" is a bit of an overexaggeration.

Even if we revise my list, Korea, Sweden, China, Germany are definitely better, with countries like Russia and Ukraine being a maybe for some, a sure thing for others. Still leave Finland in a pool with a lot of strong countries like Netherlands, Spain, Poland, France, Denmark, USA and Canada from which only 4-5 can be top 10.

Finland has showcased elfi, Welmu, Naama, Fuzer, Protosser and Satiini over the last couple of years. And currently only elfi/Welmu are making a splash with Serral being an up and comer (or so I have been told). I don't want to shit on your announcement, it just bothered me with the "Def top 10 sc2 country".

GL HF to all participants
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
September 25 2013 14:40 GMT
#27
Kas not on Grovbolles list of good Ukraine players. That kinda hurts, you know. And Sweden lives on its old merits.
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
Oukka
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Finland1683 Posts
September 25 2013 15:38 GMT
#28
On September 25 2013 23:40 AlternativeEgo wrote:
Kas not on Grovbolles list of good Ukraine players. That kinda hurts, you know. And Sweden lives on its old merits.


Yeah, today Sweden is only as good as NaNi and SjoW are on that day. Gone are the days when Swedes were number one in Europe, or even in the world outside Korea.
I play children's card games and watch a lot of dota, CS and HS
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
September 26 2013 08:34 GMT
#29
On September 25 2013 23:40 AlternativeEgo wrote:
Kas not on Grovbolles list of good Ukraine players. That kinda hurts, you know. And Sweden lives on its old merits.

Fuck, I knew I was missing someone. Obviously Kas as well.
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
ThePlagueJG
Profile Joined May 2013
Sweden1010 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 09:02:08
September 26 2013 09:00 GMT
#30
On September 26 2013 00:38 Oukka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 23:40 AlternativeEgo wrote:
Kas not on Grovbolles list of good Ukraine players. That kinda hurts, you know. And Sweden lives on its old merits.


Yeah, today Sweden is only as good as NaNi and SjoW are on that day. Gone are the days when Swedes were number one in Europe, or even in the world outside Korea.


Were still like top 5

Finland feels like an 8th right now.

Anyway as I've already written in this thread I'm looking forward to see this
ThorZaIN | NaNiwa | SaSe | PartinG | sOs | Jaedong | sOs restored passion!
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 11:32:41
September 26 2013 11:31 GMT
#31
On September 25 2013 22:07 Grovbolle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 02:29 Master of DalK wrote:
Finland is def top 10 sc2 country. Glad they'll get to show it more~ :D


Countries that are definitely better than Finland:
Korea
Sweden
Ukraine
Russia
USA
Canada
Germany
China

Some of the countries Finland compete with for the remaining three to four spots in the top 10:
Netherlands
Spain
Poland
Finland
France
Denmark


I was thinking about posting a similar list, but I thought since it would´nt be about the league, I´d rather not, but since the discussion has begun at this point:
[It has gotten longer than I expected, thus the spoiler]
+ Show Spoiler +
Korea: No discussion here I hope. Stonger than Finland (#1)

Sweden: Still clear Nr.2 for me, having the current best foreigner and a very large amout of dangerous guys (Sase, ThorZaIN, SortOf, Sjow, hOpe, Bischu, vipro) and than after that another group of players only shortly behind (Rest of property gamiong, Morow, Starnan) Stronger than Finland (#2)

Ukraine: As much, as it hurts me to say, but the Ukraine is not as dominant as in the past anymore. White-Ra is´nt his former self anymore, Fraer is gone, DIMAGA is incosistent (just look at his DH group), Kas is good, but suffers a lot from nerve issues, Strelok and Bly droped to Code B and Happyzerg seems to be the only newcomer. In theory, just looking at the names, the Ukraine is monstruos, but since all of them have a tendency to underperform lately, I can´t really rate them above Finland anymore.

Russia: Hard to judge. They have Happy and Titan, who can both play extremely well or end up dissappointing early. Then there is Livezerg, Brat_OK, sLivko, Revolver, but I can´t think of too many others either (counting pro7ect as korean). I´d say about even.

USA: Hard to judge; elfi and Welmu are probably stronger than every US player (Goswser comes close, though), but after that the US gets really big, just because of the amout of players they have (Suppy, puck, Minigun, Vibe, neeb, state, Illusion, qxc), while Finland has Protosser, Naama, Serral, Satiini (He still exists and beats players with a bigger name in ZOTAC and stuff, although he does´nt play the big stuff anymore), Jagelius, retired Fuzer... It i hard to judge, but I still give a small edge to Finland here, because of their stronger top players.

Canada: Same as in the US, it is hard to judge, because there is not that much intercontinental play happening. I´d say, the first 4 places are pretty clear (Scarlett>Elfi/Welmu>HuK) and after that, there is not much to compare. Canada has a bunch of known players. Canadas follow-up (Hendralisk, Kane, Jig, desrow, Drunkenboi) does seem weaker than the finnish players, I listed above; I think, I would at least rate Naama/Protosser/Fuzer above them, but that is not based on much. All in all, I´d say, it is about even.

Germany: I´ll say it now; I´m probably biased here, but I think Germany has a really strong SC2 playing roster. Hasu is probably still on top and at about the same level as the finnish tosses, with TLO, Heromarine and Showtime coming close behing. Socke is not in his best shape atm, but still pretty good, Krass was in premier league and Delphi, Hanfy and Monty were all pretty close to qualification this season. Also it still has it´s EPS regulars in GoOdy, Tarra, Acro and co. and a bunch of other notables, such as kaup, Knowme, Darkhydra, Saltthewound... I think, Germany is stronger than Finland (#3)

China: I don´t know that much about the chinese scene, but their current invasion of WCS NA and the results of iG in ATC are pretty much telling the story: Top, Macsed, Jim, XY, Comm , Xigua are all pretty good. I tink, if China gets someone on Naniwa-level, they might become the biggest challenger for sweden for second place. Stronger than Finland. (#4)

Shorter Thoughts on the other ones:

Netherlands: With Ret´s struggeling, I would not put them above Finland atm. They still have Grubby/Harstem/uThermal/Jona, but I don´t think, that that is enough, given Finlands 2 top-P´s and their wide field of players.

Spain: To dependet on Duran². I don´t think, the strengh on an entire country should be measured on 2 players. Finland > Spain.

Poland: Possibly up there. Nerchio is in form, MaNa is currently not. Poland has a solid back up with paranOid, Diestar, Tefel, DaNa, uzer. About even.

France: Dayshi does not really get the results everyone expects from him. Since he and ToD are the only real international high level players in France (with Neoangel, Firecake a bit behind), I would put Finland ahead of them.

Denmark/Norway: Similar problem to Spain, to dependent on their top 2 (Babyknight, Bunny / TargA, Snute). Denmark is on it´s way to fix this (with most notably Storm and pink goind deep in online brackets), it is not enough for me.


So, in conclusion: I think, that Finland very likely is a top 8 country at the moment. South Korea, Sweden, China and Germany are the only one, I would definitly agree on being stronger than Finland, with Canada, Russia, and Poland at the same level. Top 10 would get filled up by 2 of USA, Ukraine and France.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
September 26 2013 13:18 GMT
#32
On September 26 2013 20:31 Xoronius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 22:07 Grovbolle wrote:
On September 23 2013 02:29 Master of DalK wrote:
Finland is def top 10 sc2 country. Glad they'll get to show it more~ :D


Countries that are definitely better than Finland:
Korea
Sweden
Ukraine
Russia
USA
Canada
Germany
China

Some of the countries Finland compete with for the remaining three to four spots in the top 10:
Netherlands
Spain
Poland
Finland
France
Denmark


I was thinking about posting a similar list, but I thought since it would´nt be about the league, I´d rather not, but since the discussion has begun at this point:
[It has gotten longer than I expected, thus the spoiler]
+ Show Spoiler +
Korea: No discussion here I hope. Stonger than Finland (#1)

Sweden: Still clear Nr.2 for me, having the current best foreigner and a very large amout of dangerous guys (Sase, ThorZaIN, SortOf, Sjow, hOpe, Bischu, vipro) and than after that another group of players only shortly behind (Rest of property gamiong, Morow, Starnan) Stronger than Finland (#2)

Ukraine: As much, as it hurts me to say, but the Ukraine is not as dominant as in the past anymore. White-Ra is´nt his former self anymore, Fraer is gone, DIMAGA is incosistent (just look at his DH group), Kas is good, but suffers a lot from nerve issues, Strelok and Bly droped to Code B and Happyzerg seems to be the only newcomer. In theory, just looking at the names, the Ukraine is monstruos, but since all of them have a tendency to underperform lately, I can´t really rate them above Finland anymore.

Russia: Hard to judge. They have Happy and Titan, who can both play extremely well or end up dissappointing early. Then there is Livezerg, Brat_OK, sLivko, Revolver, but I can´t think of too many others either (counting pro7ect as korean). I´d say about even.

USA: Hard to judge; elfi and Welmu are probably stronger than every US player (Goswser comes close, though), but after that the US gets really big, just because of the amout of players they have (Suppy, puck, Minigun, Vibe, neeb, state, Illusion, qxc), while Finland has Protosser, Naama, Serral, Satiini (He still exists and beats players with a bigger name in ZOTAC and stuff, although he does´nt play the big stuff anymore), Jagelius, retired Fuzer... It i hard to judge, but I still give a small edge to Finland here, because of their stronger top players.

Canada: Same as in the US, it is hard to judge, because there is not that much intercontinental play happening. I´d say, the first 4 places are pretty clear (Scarlett>Elfi/Welmu>HuK) and after that, there is not much to compare. Canada has a bunch of known players. Canadas follow-up (Hendralisk, Kane, Jig, desrow, Drunkenboi) does seem weaker than the finnish players, I listed above; I think, I would at least rate Naama/Protosser/Fuzer above them, but that is not based on much. All in all, I´d say, it is about even.

Germany: I´ll say it now; I´m probably biased here, but I think Germany has a really strong SC2 playing roster. Hasu is probably still on top and at about the same level as the finnish tosses, with TLO, Heromarine and Showtime coming close behing. Socke is not in his best shape atm, but still pretty good, Krass was in premier league and Delphi, Hanfy and Monty were all pretty close to qualification this season. Also it still has it´s EPS regulars in GoOdy, Tarra, Acro and co. and a bunch of other notables, such as kaup, Knowme, Darkhydra, Saltthewound... I think, Germany is stronger than Finland (#3)

China: I don´t know that much about the chinese scene, but their current invasion of WCS NA and the results of iG in ATC are pretty much telling the story: Top, Macsed, Jim, XY, Comm , Xigua are all pretty good. I tink, if China gets someone on Naniwa-level, they might become the biggest challenger for sweden for second place. Stronger than Finland. (#4)

Shorter Thoughts on the other ones:

Netherlands: With Ret´s struggeling, I would not put them above Finland atm. They still have Grubby/Harstem/uThermal/Jona, but I don´t think, that that is enough, given Finlands 2 top-P´s and their wide field of players.

Spain: To dependet on Duran². I don´t think, the strengh on an entire country should be measured on 2 players. Finland > Spain.

Poland: Possibly up there. Nerchio is in form, MaNa is currently not. Poland has a solid back up with paranOid, Diestar, Tefel, DaNa, uzer. About even.

France: Dayshi does not really get the results everyone expects from him. Since he and ToD are the only real international high level players in France (with Neoangel, Firecake a bit behind), I would put Finland ahead of them.

Denmark/Norway: Similar problem to Spain, to dependent on their top 2 (Babyknight, Bunny / TargA, Snute). Denmark is on it´s way to fix this (with most notably Storm and pink goind deep in online brackets), it is not enough for me.


So, in conclusion: I think, that Finland very likely is a top 8 country at the moment. South Korea, Sweden, China and Germany are the only one, I would definitly agree on being stronger than Finland, with Canada, Russia, and Poland at the same level. Top 10 would get filled up by 2 of USA, Ukraine and France.

This was very well written. I almost totaly agree with you
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
nukkuj
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Finland403 Posts
September 26 2013 13:56 GMT
#33
Props to Fuzer for organizing this!

OT: I wish some organization would pull off NationsCup with few players from each nation to duke it out for the "Best foreigner country", then we would have less speculation! :D
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
September 26 2013 14:11 GMT
#34
On September 26 2013 22:56 nukkuj wrote:
Props to Fuzer for organizing this!

OT: I wish some organization would pull off NationsCup with few players from each nation to duke it out for the "Best foreigner country", then we would have less speculation! :D


ESL tried to do in last year, but SK, USA, Canada, Ukraine (who was still monstruos at that time) did pull out. Poland (With an in-form MaNa) won that over Germany in the finals, Finland made the Semis.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
September 26 2013 18:06 GMT
#35
On September 25 2013 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 22:13 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Wicked. I love the sound of Finnish and Fuzer is pretty fun to listen to (or watch), so I may tune into the Finnish cast even without understanding it.
Hopefully I'll see some cool Welmu, Naama and Elfitaja games.

There will be english stream. Our american-finnish golden boy Yosu (Josu) will cast also.

elfittaja (elfittäjä) *

And I'm really looking forward to it! :D

On September 26 2013 23:11 Xoronius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 22:56 nukkuj wrote:
Props to Fuzer for organizing this!

OT: I wish some organization would pull off NationsCup with few players from each nation to duke it out for the "Best foreigner country", then we would have less speculation! :D


ESL tried to do in last year, but SK, USA, Canada, Ukraine (who was still monstruos at that time) did pull out. Poland (With an in-form MaNa) won that over Germany in the finals, Finland made the Semis.

IIRC the playoffs took something like 6 months to complete because of scheduling issues between each individual player. The finals were eventually broadcasted from replay - it'll probably be a long time before someone tries it again
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
September 26 2013 19:00 GMT
#36
On September 27 2013 03:06 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 22:17 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On September 25 2013 22:13 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Wicked. I love the sound of Finnish and Fuzer is pretty fun to listen to (or watch), so I may tune into the Finnish cast even without understanding it.
Hopefully I'll see some cool Welmu, Naama and Elfitaja games.

There will be english stream. Our american-finnish golden boy Yosu (Josu) will cast also.

elfittaja (elfittäjä) *

And I'm really looking forward to it! :D

Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 23:11 Xoronius wrote:
On September 26 2013 22:56 nukkuj wrote:
Props to Fuzer for organizing this!

OT: I wish some organization would pull off NationsCup with few players from each nation to duke it out for the "Best foreigner country", then we would have less speculation! :D


ESL tried to do in last year, but SK, USA, Canada, Ukraine (who was still monstruos at that time) did pull out. Poland (With an in-form MaNa) won that over Germany in the finals, Finland made the Semis.

IIRC the playoffs took something like 6 months to complete because of scheduling issues between each individual player. The finals were eventually broadcasted from replay - it'll probably be a long time before someone tries it again


Yes, it was´nt well organized, no schedule, no hype, AFAIK no prize-pool. Would be awesome to have a country-league, but it is probably really hard to pull off.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 14:24:53
October 09 2013 11:46 GMT
#37
Here's an update for English speakers :D

The 8 7 invited players are:

(P)elfi - Samuli Sihvonen
(P)Welmu - Vesa Hovinen
(P)Jagelius - Jaakko Koski
(Z)Protosser - Jonne Sotala
(Z)Serral - Joona Sotala
PuPu - Benjamin Puha
(T)Naama - Santeri Lahtinen

The 8 9 qualified players are:

(P)MeteoRain - Akash Singh
(P)Ouga - Ville Wallin
(P)Aktivisti - Saku Määttä
(Z)Wibang - Niko Kukkamäki
(Z)ZhuGeLiang - Wen Lei Dai
(T)Satiini - Juha-Matti Bäckström
Calt - Eetu Laustela
(T)Tulimeri - Petteri Pori
Ike - Ismo Kinnunen

Group A - Wed. 9.10 @ 19:00 EET + Show Spoiler +
(P)elfi
PuPu
(P)MeteoRain
Calt

Group B - Tue. 16.10 @ 1800 EET + Show Spoiler +
(P)Welmu
(T)Satiini
(Z)Wibang
Ike

Group C - Thur. 24.10 @ 1800 EET + Show Spoiler +
(Z)Serral
(T)Naama
(P)Ouga
(T)Tulimeri

Group D - Thur. 31.10 @ 1800 EET + Show Spoiler +
(Z)Protosser
(P)Jagelius
(P)Aktivisti
(Z)ZhuGeLiang


Streams will be in Finnish at twitch.tv/fuzer fi
and in English at twitch.tv/y0su us

edit (groups B and C switched)
Luolis
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Finland7196 Posts
October 09 2013 12:00 GMT
#38
TULIMERI FIGHTING!
pro cheese woman / Its never Sunny in Finland. Perkele / FinnishStarcraftTrivia
Requiem-
Profile Joined October 2011
Uruguay162 Posts
October 09 2013 12:06 GMT
#39
SO MANY TERRANS woooooooooooooooooooooooo. On topic: GOGOG Naama!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sup Son
Darrkhan
Profile Joined February 2012
Finland1236 Posts
October 09 2013 12:10 GMT
#40
It is starting today already?? cool! I haven't seen PuPu playing ever but since he was invited I guess he is good Looking forward to this!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1065
WardiTV763
OGKoka 278
Rex145
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 401
OGKoka 278
Rex 145
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2278
Horang2 1372
Shuttle 1325
EffOrt 644
Jaedong 579
BeSt 495
Soma 414
Mini 327
Light 219
Stork 216
[ Show more ]
ZerO 190
ggaemo 150
Rush 117
Zeus 99
Killer 78
Barracks 73
Hyun 64
Shine 63
Sea.KH 45
Shinee 31
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 26
Mong 23
Aegong 23
sorry 21
soO 19
Sexy 17
Sacsri 16
PianO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
zelot 9
HiyA 8
yabsab 7
Icarus 7
Noble 7
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
qojqva1773
Dendi1566
BananaSlamJamma282
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin683
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes350
Other Games
singsing2238
olofmeister1253
hiko667
B2W.Neo658
Lowko341
Sick225
Pyrionflax197
ArmadaUGS89
Mew2King41
Liquid`VortiX6
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream537
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH288
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2139
Other Games
• WagamamaTV239
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 4m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.