• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:57
CEST 20:57
KST 03:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7897 users

[WCS EU] Finals Day 1 Premier Season 2 2013 - Page 85

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 118 Next
75
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany4057 Posts
August 10 2013 16:30 GMT
#1681
On August 11 2013 01:29 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:28 SkyTheUnknown wrote:
fuck..., Koreans dominating WCS EU.

I was also rather surprised because of how few there were comparatively.

korea let us think they cant win it.
yo twitch, as long as I can watch 480p lagfree I'm happy
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
August 10 2013 16:31 GMT
#1682
On August 11 2013 01:26 Fyzar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:25 Gentso wrote:
Man Grubby looks extremely uncomfortable/nervous. I don't know how his meditating or whatever works for him but to me he doesn't look like he's in the right mindset for competition. o_O

That's what he always does, he tries to keep his cool. He's been a competitor for so many years, I think he knows what works .


I dunno I've been following Grubby for a while but I haven't seen him like this before. It took him a while to choose those maps and just seems more emotional to everything right now.
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
August 10 2013 16:31 GMT
#1683
On August 11 2013 01:30 Shikada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:29 Fyzar wrote:
I've been wondering lately: I love Kaelaris' casting, but I can not for the life of me recall at what level plays the game and what race xd. Enlighten me, folks!


I forgot the race, but I remember he is very, very bad :D

He played terran i think.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 10 2013 16:31 GMT
#1684
On August 11 2013 01:30 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:29 Fyzar wrote:
I've been wondering lately: I love Kaelaris' casting, but I can not for the life of me recall at what level plays the game and what race xd. Enlighten me, folks!

Random according to Liquipedia, and as for skill level, I'm not sure but assuming at least Masters?

He's a masters protoss
Glorious SEA doto
AgentW
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States7725 Posts
August 10 2013 16:31 GMT
#1685
On August 11 2013 01:29 Fyzar wrote:
I've been wondering lately: I love Kaelaris' casting, but I can not for the life of me recall at what level plays the game and what race xd. Enlighten me, folks!

Liquipedia lists him as random, but Terran comes to mind for some reason. I don't know about his rank but I assume it's decent based upon how big of a gamer he is, I'm assuming he's played enough to be diamond/masters, but I have nothing to support this.
Who's the bigger scrub, the scrub, or the scrub who loses to him?
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
August 10 2013 16:32 GMT
#1686
On August 11 2013 01:31 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:30 PhoenixVoid wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:29 Fyzar wrote:
I've been wondering lately: I love Kaelaris' casting, but I can not for the life of me recall at what level plays the game and what race xd. Enlighten me, folks!

Random according to Liquipedia, and as for skill level, I'm not sure but assuming at least Masters?

He's a masters protoss


He's random, he only has one account per race #Esportsmoney
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46481 Posts
August 10 2013 16:32 GMT
#1687
On August 11 2013 01:28 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:27 Nerchio wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:27 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Which "P" word describes Grubby?

Pimbalanced


Pig Benis!


Pwned.

+ Show Spoiler +
Hopefully.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
August 10 2013 16:32 GMT
#1688
On August 11 2013 01:29 DidYuhim wrote:
Oh well, Protoss players have quite a history of breaking my heart in SC2.

+ Show Spoiler +
I don't want Grubby to follow the trend


cursed as well!
DidYuhim
Profile Joined September 2011
Ukraine1905 Posts
August 10 2013 16:32 GMT
#1689
On August 11 2013 01:30 Godwrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:29 DidYuhim wrote:
Oh well, Protoss players have quite a history of breaking my heart in SC2.

+ Show Spoiler +
I don't want Grubby to follow the trend

You are having such a great day today, aren't you ? haha

Awesome day when I hope Protoss to win:

Genius, Squirtle, Parting, Rain. Every name strikes another needle in my soul.
jonich0n
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1982 Posts
August 10 2013 16:32 GMT
#1690
good start from Grubby.
(>'.')>
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 10 2013 16:32 GMT
#1691
On August 11 2013 01:32 NovaMB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:31 Fusilero wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:30 PhoenixVoid wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:29 Fyzar wrote:
I've been wondering lately: I love Kaelaris' casting, but I can not for the life of me recall at what level plays the game and what race xd. Enlighten me, folks!

Random according to Liquipedia, and as for skill level, I'm not sure but assuming at least Masters?

He's a masters protoss


He's random, he only has one account per race #Esportsmoney

Mouz putting them sponsor moonies to use.
Glorious SEA doto
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
August 10 2013 16:32 GMT
#1692
On August 11 2013 00:57 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 00:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 11 2013 00:54 Waxangel wrote:
is anyone really surprised that a fringe Code S player is a top championship candidate in a foreign tourney? have you watched any of them ever?


But... but... someone said he was a no-name!

Someone not following the Korean scene said he was a no name! Trust the man, he must be an authority on the matter


Yeah I mean we were watching WCS Korea right? It wasn't like this was the European scene or WCS Europe!
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
August 10 2013 16:32 GMT
#1693
54k viewers but I think NA later on will get hit hard.
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
Shikada
Profile Joined May 2012
Serbia976 Posts
August 10 2013 16:33 GMT
#1694
On August 11 2013 01:31 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:30 PhoenixVoid wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:29 Fyzar wrote:
I've been wondering lately: I love Kaelaris' casting, but I can not for the life of me recall at what level plays the game and what race xd. Enlighten me, folks!

Random according to Liquipedia, and as for skill level, I'm not sure but assuming at least Masters?

He's a masters protoss


HOTS masters, I think he was in diamond in WOL. When he started commentating his game knowledge was so bad only Apollo could help him out :D

He has gotten better, of course.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
August 10 2013 16:33 GMT
#1695
On August 11 2013 01:28 The_Templar wrote:
Quarterfinals
(Z)VortiX vs (P)Grubby

1-0

Map: Newkirk Precinct

Grubby spawns in the bottom right
Vortix spawns in the bottom left

1:00
Grubby opening with a gateway.
Vortix opening with a spawning pool.

2:00
Double gas for Grubby.

3:00
Vortix expanding.
Grubby getting warp gate.

4:00
Grubby takes his natural expansion.

5:00
Stargate for Grubby.
Zergling speed from Vortix but no third base yet.
Grubby building 2 more gateways in his natural expansion.

6:00 (Z)VortiX 48 vs (P)Grubby 37
Vortix has 2 drones hanging out in his third base.
One of them leaves and the other builds a third base.
Vortix getting a roach warren and has a few zerglings moving towards Grubby's base.

7:00 (Z)VortiX 54 vs (P)Grubby 52
Vortix building 4 spore crawlers.
Grubby getting a robotics facility.

8:00 (Z)VortiX 60 vs (P)Grubby 56
Grubby kills the queen in the main base of Vortix.
Grubby making a forge.
Grubby building immortals and a robotics bay.

9:00 (Z)VortiX 68 vs (P)Grubby 67
Vortix getting roach speed.
Grubby getting +1 ground attacks.
Vortix making a hydralisk den.
Grubby killing roaches with phoenixes.
Grubby getting 3 more gateways.

10:00 (Z)VortiX 96 vs (P)Grubby 87
Vortix getting hydralisks
Grubby hasn't lost a single unit yet.
Grubby getting extended thermal lance and colossi.

11:00 (Z)VortiX 109 vs (P)Grubby 105
Vortix getting hydralisk speed.
Vortix saturating his third base.
Vortix getting an infestation pit.
Grubby taking his third base which is scouted.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Fyzar
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands8010 Posts
August 10 2013 16:33 GMT
#1696
On August 11 2013 01:32 DidYuhim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:30 Godwrath wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:29 DidYuhim wrote:
Oh well, Protoss players have quite a history of breaking my heart in SC2.

+ Show Spoiler +
I don't want Grubby to follow the trend

You are having such a great day today, aren't you ? haha

Awesome day when I hope Protoss to win:

Genius, Squirtle, Parting, Rain. Every name strikes another needle in my soul.

You forget the gods of InCa & HongUn and shit. Life is not complete without them around.
It appears I have been chosen.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 10 2013 16:33 GMT
#1697
On August 11 2013 01:33 Shikada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:31 Fusilero wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:30 PhoenixVoid wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:29 Fyzar wrote:
I've been wondering lately: I love Kaelaris' casting, but I can not for the life of me recall at what level plays the game and what race xd. Enlighten me, folks!

Random according to Liquipedia, and as for skill level, I'm not sure but assuming at least Masters?

He's a masters protoss


HOTS masters, I think he was in diamond in WOL. When he started commentating his game knowledge was so bad only Apollo could help him out :D

He has gotten better, of course.

He was diamond at the very start of his casting but I believe he achieved masters during WoL I believe before he joined mouz.
Glorious SEA doto
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 10 2013 16:33 GMT
#1698
On August 11 2013 01:32 DidYuhim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:30 Godwrath wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:29 DidYuhim wrote:
Oh well, Protoss players have quite a history of breaking my heart in SC2.

+ Show Spoiler +
I don't want Grubby to follow the trend

You are having such a great day today, aren't you ? haha

Awesome day when I hope Protoss to win:

Genius, Squirtle, Parting, Rain. Every name strikes another needle in my soul.


I don't understand why I feel no racial bias in Starcraft

(I've been mostly Z since vanilla)
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
August 10 2013 16:34 GMT
#1699
On August 11 2013 01:30 4ZakeN87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:27 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:26 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:23 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:23 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:11 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:00 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 11 2013 00:55 AgentW wrote:
On August 11 2013 00:54 Shellshock1122 wrote:
[quote]
If name is based off results like he said, wouldnt that make nearly every foreigner a no name?

I.... I guess so.

I think it exposes how ridiculous it is for people to say people are known by results alone. FFS, only one guy can win every tournament. It's not like there's one a week and it's common to be a champion.


Basically it's claiming that a "no-name" Korean = Hasn't won a GSL/ MLG/ DH, which is hilarious because those Koreans can still beat the best (let alone the average) foreigner.


Yeah that is probably the main reason for the decline of SC2 as e-sport.


I hear there's a tombstone already picked out for e-sports.


Well the other games seems to being doing okay. No of course SC2 is not going die completely but I honestly think that KESPAs movement into SC2 is in a long term perspective will cause a dramatic reduction in the amount of people watching SC2.

Korea was already heavily dominating before, now they started to dominate twice as hard and that was the last thing SC2 needed. Not only do we have a situation were 95 out of the 100 best players are from one country which of course is terrible thing on it own. However to make things even worse have 90% of these players almost no means for connecting to an audience outside of Korea.

Not only do they have a introverted/none public personalities but are also none exclusively monolingual, only communicating in a language that extremely few people outside of South Korea understand.

So yeah, it is just bad all around for SC2 as a whole.


You realize there's a whole lot of games other than SC2, DotA2 and LoL right?



Yeah, but I do however not realize how that information relates to my post


You say "Well the other games seems to being doing okay. " even though SC2 is almost consistently the #3 game on Twitch, sometimes even #2. How is it doing so poorly again?


It is not, but I think if they current trends continues with introverted monolingual Korean players winning a close to every tournament it will do before long.

Stephano retiring, NA scene being semi dead and Korea being twice as strong as ever in SC2. Does not look good to me, of course it will be large in Korea so it wont go away completely.


It's not even close to being large in Korea... that's a huge part of the problem. So you have a scene with a shitton of insane talent, that's very cut-throat, but there isn't quite that much local interest for it. Why do you think so many Koreans compete abroad or want to join foreign teams?

Think about it from that perspective as well.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
August 10 2013 16:34 GMT
#1700
On August 11 2013 01:30 75 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 01:29 IntoTheheart wrote:
On August 11 2013 01:28 SkyTheUnknown wrote:
fuck..., Koreans dominating WCS EU.

I was also rather surprised because of how few there were comparatively.

korea let us think they cant win it.

That's what it looks like.
kiss kiss fall in love
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 237
BRAT_OK 53
JuggernautJason51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24001
Mini 413
Hyuk 164
firebathero 130
ggaemo 118
Dewaltoss 105
Mong 51
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 23
ZZZero.O 0
Dota 2
Gorgc7690
febbydoto13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3404
Khaldor1365
crisheroes1102
Liquid`Hasu774
Other Games
FrodaN2655
fl0m942
Beastyqt776
mouzStarbuck280
KnowMe185
ArmadaUGS129
Mew2King59
Trikslyr45
Chillindude26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1051
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 82
• StrangeGG 52
• Adnapsc2 19
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 37
• 80smullet 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9774
• WagamamaTV445
Other Games
• imaqtpie805
• Shiphtur286
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 4m
INu's Battles
17h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.