• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:02
CEST 08:02
KST 15:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7725 users

[GSTL] LG-IM vs. PRIME 2013 Season 1 - Page 28

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 All
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
May 17 2013 22:54 GMT
#541
Surprised they don't have a maid/chef, I thought every team house did.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 17 2013 23:18 GMT
#542
On May 18 2013 07:51 masterbreti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2013 06:48 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 18 2013 06:11 masterbreti wrote:
On May 18 2013 05:40 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 18 2013 03:10 masterbreti wrote:
I'm going to post what i posted in a different thread because I think it is a bit more relevant here.


I'm honesty surprised Prime hasn't disbanded yet. Prime always is looking for more players yet turn away some pretty damn good players when they have them (ST.Brain, Salmosa (who was kicked)). The Prime team doesn't have a proper coach either, Gerrard almost never spend his time with the players because he is too busy with managing the team. Thats why we saw annyeong and Classic leave the team, because they basically took on coach roles more than anything and they wanted out of it all.

Prime doesn't have good business sense, even things that would be great for the players. I really honestly feel bad for Creator, having to carry the weight of his entire team, at only 17. I've seen the amount of stress creator gets during practice. That's why so many people leave prime. Prime doesn't have a structured practice regime, which forces players to play way more than they should. That causes them to lose sleep and get stressed out. They need a proper practice schedule and a proper coach. But they won't get either. They need time to rest and have fun, but don't get to do much of that either, at least not anyone but mkp.

Anyways I'm venting, but seeing this makes me sad. If they had bothered to take care of the amazing players they once had, they would be such an awesome team.


Gerrard doesn't actually watch any of his player's replays. He doesn't actually spend any time with the players at all. I remember when I was living in the house, I would only see Gerrard during meal time. That was about it.

Then Gerrard goes on to remove players from his team (salmosa being a good example) for lack of skill, yet has never actually spent time with him to improve his skill. leaving him only to ladder and attempt to find practice partners on his own. same has gone for all prime players. they all have to find their own practice partners, and most of the time they just ladder instead. They don't even do in house rankings.


Why does only MKP get time to rest and have fun?


Because he is the only one who actually has any money to go out is one reason, the second being is that he is the only one that Gerrard won't scold for not practicing.


Wow, as if I needed another reason to be a MKP anti-fan... xD I guess that's not really his fault though, more Gerrard being biased. It's just kind of annoying thinking about one player getting significantly special treatment in one way or another.



I only posted one example of that sort of mindset. mkp was able to get away with a lot more than everyone else. stuff that wouldn't be appropriate to post on TL. But even others things like mkp being very loud in the middle of practice, doing really kinda stupid stuff and distracting others from proper practice.

I think mkp more just lacks maturity, whereas someone like Creator has it in spades. Seriously Creator is one of the more hardworking players, whether that has changed I am not sure, I have not spoken to creator in a few months. mkp just doesn't worry or care about anyone else around him, I don't think he ever had that part of his brain developed. He has been in and out of teamhouses since he was like 15-16, that he forgets sometimes that this isn't his personal playhouse.

Personally I was shocked as well they didn't to in house rankings and barely (if ever) practiced against each other. It was very disappointing after a few weeks i had arrived at the house, I was just left to my own devices really and had to work on my own. I wish I had went to a different house, I would have improved much faster than I did at the prime house. They don't have a practice schedule, so players either slack off (most of primes players skill declines can be attributed to this), or they work themselves too hard. If Gerrard would just hire a coach who could get everyone into a strict practice regime, it would work wonders for prime. Prime players would have less stress, and would have free time to have fun (I remember a story about this actually, Gerrard was out for the evening and Byun was playing LoL, Classic saw me watching byun play and told me that I had to keep it a secret because Gerrard would get mad if he saw anyone playing other games than starcraft).

Stuff like that really is why prime won't be successful. I remember When they won the GSTL last year, I was in the house at the time. They slacked off pretty much constantly after they won, after they overworked themselves to the bone beforehand. They don't have any balance in their lives, and Gerrard take every chance he gets to save a penny, not even hiring a maid or proper cook to come around to make sure they get fresh food.


Thank you for your insights. Usually I hate it when people who have no inside information make claims of "OMG Prime disbanding!", because that type of irrational fear-mongering really hurts teams. However, as someone who has lived in the Prime house, it's actually pretty amazing and interesting to hear about some of the management problems the team is having. And that does trouble me about Prime's future after hearing about your thoughts.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 01:31:29
May 18 2013 00:56 GMT
#543
On May 17 2013 19:20 GunSec wrote:
wtf i am confused, I thought maru had this win after he killed the 3rd expansion

TvP doesn't work that way. Just see Parting vs Flash in Code S, where Flash was ahead by 1 or 2 bases whole time and still loses.
Problem is Protoss wins if they got this one perfect engagement in mid/lategame. If Terran wins this engagement Protoss still can warp in HT and lots of chargelots to win time to get the composition back they need, which takes several times as long for the terran, that is why you should always a-move vs a terran as soon as he has lost his army, it almost always works ;-)

But well in this case Maru had no eco left compared to the flash game.
I was more upset about the MKP vs First game: Mkp had like 5 Upgrades (stim, combat shield, 1-1 etc) and still loses his first battle to this allin who has only (50 50 costing) gatewaytech behind. I think TvP is getting more and more boring, even below thel evels of PvZ in WoL
On May 17 2013 20:13 teddyoojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2013 20:13 Yaotzin wrote:
On May 17 2013 20:12 teddyoojo wrote:
how is byun losing

No ghosts.

it SHOULDNT have mattered u dont need ghosts when u are 60 supply up
it just made no sense

this is TvP
Its a game of counters, and if you don't have the counters to storm... well in sc2 you insta-lose.
I hate it too, but this is how the game is designed and it is considered "balanced" cause there is a counter possible to it. Doesn't matter if countering one unit is several times harder (and doesnt kill, like EMP vs Storms) as using the unit it counters
On May 17 2013 20:23 teddyoojo wrote:
wtf kind of gg timing is that?
70 to 90 army supply u can still try

in tvP when your economy is murdered and the protoss sees you coming?
He just warps in lots of units and moves over you as if you never existed. Plus: first could always warp in in at the back of Byuns base.
On May 17 2013 22:02 mechengineer123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2013 22:02 Gladiator6 wrote:
Team Terran losing, how suprising! Why send out 3 Terrans in a row? ^^ GG WP first

but terran is op, right? or have we moved on?

Stop jocking
Terran will always be considered OP cause there are always two other races that complain (and ofc its the other way around with their races).
But what terran is missing is a good counter to these Protoss lategame deathballs with storms.
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
May 18 2013 00:57 GMT
#544
On May 17 2013 19:24 KingOfNoodles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2013 19:20 GunSec wrote:
wtf i am confused, I thought maru had this win after he killed the 3rd expansion

He pulled like 40 scvs for that attack, and they all died.

As Khaldor and Wolf said, it was 11 scvs vs 60 probes

wolf actually did the math and said it is 2 scvs :D
well he counted 1 + 1 or so ;-)
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
May 18 2013 01:05 GMT
#545
On May 17 2013 19:42 trwkling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2013 19:39 Ctesias wrote:
Remembering the times when MarineKing actually won games is getting harder by the day.


It's truly depressing to be an MKP fan these days

it was like this before: MKP showed up with incredible micro at the beginning of gsl abou 2010 or 11 i think, at least that is when he got into my attention.
Shortly after that he lost and lost and lost lots of games, due to stupid marine only instead of good composition games.
He came back and was at first the runner-up-champion, later he won MLG, so there are 2 possible things: either he doesn't feel well/happy anymore (maybe with the team or sc2 in general) or he comes back like before
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
May 18 2013 01:29 GMT
#546
On May 18 2013 08:18 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2013 07:51 masterbreti wrote:
On May 18 2013 06:48 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 18 2013 06:11 masterbreti wrote:
On May 18 2013 05:40 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 18 2013 03:10 masterbreti wrote:
I'm going to post what i posted in a different thread because I think it is a bit more relevant here.


I'm honesty surprised Prime hasn't disbanded yet. Prime always is looking for more players yet turn away some pretty damn good players when they have them (ST.Brain, Salmosa (who was kicked)). The Prime team doesn't have a proper coach either, Gerrard almost never spend his time with the players because he is too busy with managing the team. Thats why we saw annyeong and Classic leave the team, because they basically took on coach roles more than anything and they wanted out of it all.

Prime doesn't have good business sense, even things that would be great for the players. I really honestly feel bad for Creator, having to carry the weight of his entire team, at only 17. I've seen the amount of stress creator gets during practice. That's why so many people leave prime. Prime doesn't have a structured practice regime, which forces players to play way more than they should. That causes them to lose sleep and get stressed out. They need a proper practice schedule and a proper coach. But they won't get either. They need time to rest and have fun, but don't get to do much of that either, at least not anyone but mkp.

Anyways I'm venting, but seeing this makes me sad. If they had bothered to take care of the amazing players they once had, they would be such an awesome team.


Gerrard doesn't actually watch any of his player's replays. He doesn't actually spend any time with the players at all. I remember when I was living in the house, I would only see Gerrard during meal time. That was about it.

Then Gerrard goes on to remove players from his team (salmosa being a good example) for lack of skill, yet has never actually spent time with him to improve his skill. leaving him only to ladder and attempt to find practice partners on his own. same has gone for all prime players. they all have to find their own practice partners, and most of the time they just ladder instead. They don't even do in house rankings.


Why does only MKP get time to rest and have fun?


Because he is the only one who actually has any money to go out is one reason, the second being is that he is the only one that Gerrard won't scold for not practicing.


Wow, as if I needed another reason to be a MKP anti-fan... xD I guess that's not really his fault though, more Gerrard being biased. It's just kind of annoying thinking about one player getting significantly special treatment in one way or another.



I only posted one example of that sort of mindset. mkp was able to get away with a lot more than everyone else. stuff that wouldn't be appropriate to post on TL. But even others things like mkp being very loud in the middle of practice, doing really kinda stupid stuff and distracting others from proper practice.

I think mkp more just lacks maturity, whereas someone like Creator has it in spades. Seriously Creator is one of the more hardworking players, whether that has changed I am not sure, I have not spoken to creator in a few months. mkp just doesn't worry or care about anyone else around him, I don't think he ever had that part of his brain developed. He has been in and out of teamhouses since he was like 15-16, that he forgets sometimes that this isn't his personal playhouse.

Personally I was shocked as well they didn't to in house rankings and barely (if ever) practiced against each other. It was very disappointing after a few weeks i had arrived at the house, I was just left to my own devices really and had to work on my own. I wish I had went to a different house, I would have improved much faster than I did at the prime house. They don't have a practice schedule, so players either slack off (most of primes players skill declines can be attributed to this), or they work themselves too hard. If Gerrard would just hire a coach who could get everyone into a strict practice regime, it would work wonders for prime. Prime players would have less stress, and would have free time to have fun (I remember a story about this actually, Gerrard was out for the evening and Byun was playing LoL, Classic saw me watching byun play and told me that I had to keep it a secret because Gerrard would get mad if he saw anyone playing other games than starcraft).

Stuff like that really is why prime won't be successful. I remember When they won the GSTL last year, I was in the house at the time. They slacked off pretty much constantly after they won, after they overworked themselves to the bone beforehand. They don't have any balance in their lives, and Gerrard take every chance he gets to save a penny, not even hiring a maid or proper cook to come around to make sure they get fresh food.


Thank you for your insights. Usually I hate it when people who have no inside information make claims of "OMG Prime disbanding!", because that type of irrational fear-mongering really hurts teams. However, as someone who has lived in the Prime house, it's actually pretty amazing and interesting to hear about some of the management problems the team is having. And that does trouble me about Prime's future after hearing about your thoughts.

This is so sad, I want Prime to be bought by a proper team. Maybe FXO since they're a pretty small team too.
"Expert" mods4ever.com
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
May 18 2013 03:57 GMT
#547
damn man! another all-kill!
~ The Ultimate Weapon
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
May 18 2013 08:39 GMT
#548
Poor opterown, I'm sure he can't be happy hearing this stuff about his favorite players.
jjakji fan
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 18 2013 08:42 GMT
#549
On May 18 2013 17:39 slowbacontron wrote:
Poor opterown, I'm sure he can't be happy hearing this stuff about his favorite players.

i already know this haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
May 18 2013 09:16 GMT
#550
Not sure how "haha" is appropriate here. Laughing at Prime's misfortune? Kinda BM.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 18 2013 09:26 GMT
#551
it's more of a wistful, sigh haha. not like haha or lol means anything on the internet anyway these days
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Prev 1 26 27 28 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 148
-ZergGirl 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1941
Hyuk 172
910 70
sorry 50
Bale 32
NotJumperer 21
yabsab 16
ZergMaN 15
Icarus 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Reynor46
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox620
Mew2King51
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor167
Other Games
summit1g7277
WinterStarcraft381
PiGStarcraft263
C9.Mang0259
Sick222
Livibee164
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick640
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream242
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2323
League of Legends
• Stunt534
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 59m
Stellar Fest
6h 59m
The PondCast
1d 3h
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
OSC
1d 17h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.