• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:32
CEST 08:32
KST 15:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8873 users

[Code S] RO16 Nominations GSL 2013 Season 1 - Page 52

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
February 03 2013 17:24 GMT
#1021
Go Bomber, you're not allowed to self-explode yet.
Terran & Potato Salad.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 03 2013 17:34 GMT
#1022
On February 04 2013 02:24 Lukeeze[zR] wrote:
Go Bomber, you're not allowed to self-explode yet.


A Bomber - Life final (either that or DRG - Life, either works) would be so awesome.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Koesader
Profile Joined April 2012
Netherlands424 Posts
February 03 2013 17:41 GMT
#1023
On February 03 2013 10:29 Inzan1ty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 09:56 Koesader wrote:

Group A
DongRaeGu
Innovation
Bomber
TaeJa


Group B
MarineKing
SoulKey
Squirtle
Symbol

Group C
LosirA
MC
Curious
GuMiho

Group D
Life
RorO
PartinG
BBong

RorO will be the new Life slayer. The rest are pretty obvious picks (group b might be more random)


well sry but those are just bad picks imo

DRG has exactly what he wanted, he picked Bomber because he knew he wouldnt pick a Zerg and TaeJa even did him the favour to pick yet ANOTHER Terran. What a juicy group for DRG.

Life is by far superior to any other Zerg in ZvZ so he will crush anybody in his group.

Squirtle or MKP should prove too strong for Soulkey although I give him the benefit of the doubt

I don't think they're bad picks, just a bit out of the ordinary. Only the RorO part was a bit jokingly, but Life has proven to be beatable in ZvZ. If Bomber defeats DRG and TaeJa defeats both Bogus and Bomber, it could get nasty for DRG. I don't really trust DRG's ZvT in ro16, he's fallen to the likes of Ryung, Polt, TaeJa and such before. And Bomber and TaeJa are ballers yo~ I believe
Liquid'TaeJa - Grubby - MVPMarineKing - Liquid'Ret - AxCranK - RedBull.Bomber ~~~ Are You Ready For Bombing?
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
February 03 2013 17:54 GMT
#1024
On February 03 2013 20:46 X3GoldDot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 20:32 Swisslink wrote:
Everything but Life and PartinG advance in group D would be an upset.
-> Only Life's able to stop PartinG's all-in, therefore he'll win the first set
-> Afterwards he'll just have to beat one Zerg, where he's insanely good at (Well, he's insanely good at everything, but whatever)
-> PartinG's gonna destroy the remaining 2 Zerg-players with his soul-train.

But I don't get why Life never choses a terran-player, I've never seen him losing to a Terran :o


his vT isnt much better than his vZ or vP


Well... Probably not "much better", but his rekord lately:
- Lost to PartinG in MLG Tournament of Champions
- Lost to ViOlet at Blizzard Cup
- Lost to Soulkey twice at GSL 5
- Lost to Snute at IPL5
- Lost to Leenock at IPL5
- Lost to Flash at MLG, but owned him 4:0 afterwards

I agree that his ZvZ is still incredibly good, even though he lost a few games. Also his ZvP is fine, but he lost to Zerg as well as Protoss, but somehow doesn't seem to lose to any Terran - and still refuses to pick them :-P
ToKoreaWithLove
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Norway10161 Posts
February 03 2013 18:17 GMT
#1025
Did DRG gamble on Bomber not keeping up his form or is he that confident? Bomber for me is the scariest player in the entire tournament, his macro is just insane.
ModeratorFather of bunnies
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 03 2013 18:28 GMT
#1026
On February 04 2013 03:17 ToKoreaWithLove wrote:
Did DRG gamble on Bomber not keeping up his form or is he that confident? Bomber for me is the scariest player in the entire tournament, his macro is just insane.


Yeah, if I was as good as DRG (Try not to laugh too much), I'd be pretty damn scared of Bomber. Gambling on him choking is akways a semi-safe move to make since it happens so frequently. Still, I reckon the decision to pick Bomber, after his Ro32 performance, might come back to bite him if DRG doesn't prepare very extensively. This would go for any player - you just don't sit back and hope Bomber chokes, because sooner or later he'll have one of those days when he doesn't.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
February 03 2013 18:39 GMT
#1027
On February 04 2013 03:17 ToKoreaWithLove wrote:
Did DRG gamble on Bomber not keeping up his form or is he that confident? Bomber for me is the scariest player in the entire tournament, his macro is just insane.

Bomber said he'd make DRG remember MLG for picking him.
sinigang
Profile Joined August 2012
360 Posts
February 03 2013 19:14 GMT
#1028
A KeSPA player will win GSL.
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
February 03 2013 19:23 GMT
#1029
--- Nuked ---
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
February 03 2013 19:24 GMT
#1030
On February 04 2013 04:14 sinigang wrote:
A KeSPA player will win GSL.


LOL... The only KeSPA player who even remotely has a chance is Parting, who wasn't a KeSPA player until a few weeks ago.
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
February 03 2013 19:24 GMT
#1031
--- Nuked ---
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 19:34:00
February 03 2013 19:33 GMT
#1032
I don't think Parting will win. He's too much of a 1 trick pony lately. Half his wins are from Immortal all ins, both in PvZ and PvT. He can and probably will get out of the ro16 group. But I just don't see him winning the whole thing.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 03 2013 19:44 GMT
#1033
On February 04 2013 04:33 sitromit wrote:
I don't think Parting will win. He's too much of a 1 trick pony lately. Half his wins are from Immortal all ins, both in PvZ and PvT. He can and probably will get out of the ro16 group. But I just don't see him winning the whole thing.

Did you watch his Blizzard Cup games against Violet? He plays late-game PvZ well enough to beat anyone but perhaps two-three players.
AdministratorBreak the chains
LawnMower
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden557 Posts
February 03 2013 19:45 GMT
#1034
I agree I don't think Parting won't win this one. He will probably get out of this group, but I don't think he'll reach the finals.

DRG has been looking fierce and Life is of course always a favourite. Soulkey has been looking solid as hell lately, I can see him going far. The three terrans, Bomber, Taeja, Bogus is the biggest hope for my beloved terrans atm I believe but I don't think any of them will make it. Bomber will choke, Taeja hasn't returned to his summer glory and I have a feeling Bogus will play good but then randomly fall against someone in a stupid way. MKP looked decent, but somehow I doubt it.

However I look at it this will be another zerg victory I fear. At least I'm hoping for an epic TvZ finals (or pray, TvT?).
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russel
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 03 2013 20:02 GMT
#1035
On February 04 2013 04:45 LawnMower wrote:
I agree I don't think Parting won't win this one. He will probably get out of this group, but I don't think he'll reach the finals.

DRG has been looking fierce and Life is of course always a favourite. Soulkey has been looking solid as hell lately, I can see him going far. The three terrans, Bomber, Taeja, Bogus is the biggest hope for my beloved terrans atm I believe but I don't think any of them will make it. Bomber will choke, Taeja hasn't returned to his summer glory and I have a feeling Bogus will play good but then randomly fall against someone in a stupid way. MKP looked decent, but somehow I doubt it.

However I look at it this will be another zerg victory I fear. At least I'm hoping for an epic TvZ finals (or pray, TvT?).


If the finals is a TvT I'll buy a ticket to Korea and watch the finals live dressed as a Siege Tank.

Quote me.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Ingusstarcraft
Profile Joined January 2013
45 Posts
February 03 2013 20:29 GMT
#1036
Don't you ever doubt mah Squirtle. He's gonna 4-0 his group!
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
February 03 2013 20:33 GMT
#1037
On February 04 2013 04:24 monkybone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2013 04:24 sitromit wrote:
On February 04 2013 04:14 sinigang wrote:
A KeSPA player will win GSL.


LOL... The only KeSPA player who even remotely has a chance is Parting, who wasn't a KeSPA player until a few weeks ago.


Somehow I think that was his point ^^


especially with maps balanced out for Protoss owning Zerg and the recent Zerg nerf, Parting really has a good chance. MC will take this GSL though.
The bonus with a good map for Protoss against Zerg is that Bio is even more terrible and the Zerg nerfs didn't change alot for Terran.

So yeah good that DRG made himself an easy group. (Everyone in this group can only prepare one matchup to advance, so if Terrans only train TvT, then he is well of). It also means one Terran will advance to the Ro8 !
nomyx
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2205 Posts
February 03 2013 20:42 GMT
#1038
On February 04 2013 04:33 sitromit wrote:
I don't think Parting will win. He's too much of a 1 trick pony lately. Half his wins are from Immortal all ins, both in PvZ and PvT. He can and probably will get out of the ro16 group. But I just don't see him winning the whole thing.


I keep thinking back to the blizzard cup, Life vs PartinG. Maybe it's because life found a way to exploit PartinG (they were team mates and I presume practice partners) or he is just a league above other players, but he demolished the fabled "Zerg Killer" PartinG
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-08 01:28:10
February 04 2013 07:10 GMT
#1039
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
February 04 2013 07:21 GMT
#1040
On February 04 2013 02:54 Swisslink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 20:46 X3GoldDot wrote:
On February 03 2013 20:32 Swisslink wrote:
Everything but Life and PartinG advance in group D would be an upset.
-> Only Life's able to stop PartinG's all-in, therefore he'll win the first set
-> Afterwards he'll just have to beat one Zerg, where he's insanely good at (Well, he's insanely good at everything, but whatever)
-> PartinG's gonna destroy the remaining 2 Zerg-players with his soul-train.

But I don't get why Life never choses a terran-player, I've never seen him losing to a Terran :o


his vT isnt much better than his vZ or vP


Well... Probably not "much better", but his rekord lately:
- Lost to PartinG in MLG Tournament of Champions
- Lost to ViOlet at Blizzard Cup
- Lost to Soulkey twice at GSL 5
- Lost to Snute at IPL5
- Lost to Leenock at IPL5
- Lost to Flash at MLG, but owned him 4:0 afterwards

I agree that his ZvZ is still incredibly good, even though he lost a few games. Also his ZvP is fine, but he lost to Zerg as well as Protoss, but somehow doesn't seem to lose to any Terran - and still refuses to pick them :-P


he also lost to gumiho quite badly in their gstl game
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
Prev 1 50 51 52
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 446
Hyuk 266
Leta 220
Hyun 98
Hm[arnc] 33
ZergMaN 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm223
League of Legends
JimRising 734
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Other Games
summit1g9356
WinterStarcraft515
Nina89
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick773
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream173
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Rush1492
• Lourlo1132
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 28m
INu's Battles
5h 28m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 28m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 28m
Replay Cast
16h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.