• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:42
CEST 17:42
KST 00:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9497 users

Iron Squid II Ro16 Day 1 - Page 35

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 46 Next All
fastr
Profile Joined February 2011
France902 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-11 21:03:50
January 11 2013 21:03 GMT
#681
These games mean nothing, it's online. Mvp's focus is on Code S, and righfully so.
WhatsInAName
Profile Joined November 2012
United States49 Posts
January 11 2013 21:03 GMT
#682
On January 12 2013 05:59 Lazzi wrote:
I can't believe how the music theme are good! it adds so much to the tournament.


I'm glad someone likes it. It's just terrible cheap generic Hans Zimmer imitation. It's this and gangnam style. It accounts for like 6/7 of the world's music output.
Popkiller
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3415 Posts
January 11 2013 21:03 GMT
#683
I'm going to make a list of players... just a list, won't give any specifics on it right now.

And in 6 months I am going to take a look at the results of said players. And based on their accomplishments I will come to a conclusion...
Benjamin99
Profile Joined April 2012
4176 Posts
January 11 2013 21:03 GMT
#684
On January 12 2013 06:01 iKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2013 05:57 Creem wrote:
On January 12 2013 05:53 Zenbrez wrote:
Did his wrists finally implode?


I'd say Mvp would prefer imploding wrists rather than being forced to play under these conditions. No skill can overcome the disadvantage of having 300-400 ping due to playing on NA servers from KR.


Is it really NA? I would expect it to be EU, with Iron Squid being a french tournament.


Impossible you cant play from EU to Korea its Korea to NA
Stephano & Jaedong <-- The Pain Train. Polt and Innovation to EG plz
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
January 11 2013 21:03 GMT
#685
On January 12 2013 06:02 TeeTS wrote:
goswser simply outclassed MVP. has nothing to do with balance, he is just a far better player. I wonder how he would do in Code S.

How good is his ZvZ?
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
January 11 2013 21:03 GMT
#686
Life 3-2 Leenock.
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-11 21:04:38
January 11 2013 21:03 GMT
#687
On January 12 2013 06:01 iKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2013 05:57 Creem wrote:
On January 12 2013 05:53 Zenbrez wrote:
Did his wrists finally implode?


I'd say Mvp would prefer imploding wrists rather than being forced to play under these conditions. No skill can overcome the disadvantage of having 300-400 ping due to playing on NA servers from KR.


Is it really NA? I would expect it to be EU, with Iron Squid being a french tournament.

No, always the best server for players : KR vs KR on KR, NA vs NA on NA, EU vs EU on EU, all the rest on NA.

On January 12 2013 06:03 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2013 06:02 TeeTS wrote:
goswser simply outclassed MVP. has nothing to do with balance, he is just a far better player. I wonder how he would do in Code S.

How good is his ZvZ?


He lost 3-1 to Jaedong in HyperX but the games were really really close.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Gevna
Profile Joined August 2010
France2332 Posts
January 11 2013 21:04 GMT
#688
Are people really surprised about MVP losing to Goswer ? I mean we all know he is struggling a lot with his wrists, and can't really train that much. Moreover MVP has never been impressive in foreign tournaments, he focused exclusively on GSL.

All of this against one of the best upcoming foreigners, not that surprising.
Gimmeurladderpoints
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany372 Posts
January 11 2013 21:04 GMT
#689
On January 12 2013 05:58 Benjamin99 wrote:
It seems to me Goswser prepared really well and knew exactly was MVP was going to do and MVP didn't prepare at all.

So well done Goswser

Show nested quote +
On January 12 2013 05:58 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
U know. I kinda .... want to cry a little. I mean. No offense to gowser he has improved a lot. And i hope he's happy and all.
But.
In which world.
Is he a better player.


He was in this series it was not even close.


Yeah I saw that he slaugtherd MVP. But how is that possible. I mean. MVP is basicly the closest thing we got to a SC2 bonjwa? How is it possible for some pretty good but absolutly unremarkable foreigner to come out of nowhere and 3-0 the guy.

I am concerned. It either means that MVP has lost his ooomph.
Or that the game design makes it easy for one race to eliminate skill gaps.

Or MVP had an reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally off day. but you know... still feels weird to me.
~Ryung~Genius~Bomber~Nestea~Liquid_Jinro~Sage~San~jjakji~Boxer~Fantasy~Polt~
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
January 11 2013 21:05 GMT
#690
On January 12 2013 06:01 Zane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2013 06:00 kyllinghest wrote:
On January 12 2013 05:58 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Damn.... I mean DAMN!

Well played world, you're move Korea.

If its Koreas move I bet they are gonna send a korean zerg to play a foreign terran

I totally see Life or Leenock getting 3-0d by a mid level foreigner terran.

lol. wouldn't that be the day.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
Lixo
Profile Joined May 2011
202 Posts
January 11 2013 21:05 GMT
#691
Time to stop watching starcraft 2 I guess...
I heard dota is pretty fun to watch.
habeck
Profile Joined February 2011
1120 Posts
January 11 2013 21:05 GMT
#692
On January 12 2013 06:04 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2013 05:58 Benjamin99 wrote:
It seems to me Goswser prepared really well and knew exactly was MVP was going to do and MVP didn't prepare at all.

So well done Goswser

On January 12 2013 05:58 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
U know. I kinda .... want to cry a little. I mean. No offense to gowser he has improved a lot. And i hope he's happy and all.
But.
In which world.
Is he a better player.


He was in this series it was not even close.


Yeah I saw that he slaugtherd MVP. But how is that possible. I mean. MVP is basicly the closest thing we got to a SC2 bonjwa? How is it possible for some pretty good but absolutly unremarkable foreigner to come out of nowhere and 3-0 the guy.

I am concerned. It either means that MVP has lost his ooomph.
Or that the game design makes it easy for one race to eliminate skill gaps.

Or MVP had an reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally off day. but you know... still feels weird to me.


there is actually a bit of true here
Assaulter
Profile Joined December 2010
Lithuania324 Posts
January 11 2013 21:06 GMT
#693
On January 12 2013 06:02 TeeTS wrote:
goswser simply outclassed MVP. has nothing to do with balance, he is just a far better player. I wonder how he would do in Code S.

For sure, a well deserved code s seed is in order here
noddy
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom927 Posts
January 11 2013 21:06 GMT
#694
On January 12 2013 06:02 TeeTS wrote:
goswser simply outclassed MVP. has nothing to do with balance, he is just a far better player. I wonder how he would do in Code S.


This is absolutely hilarious. I guess you're not one for not making ridiculous statements though :D
Qwerty85
Profile Joined June 2012
Croatia5536 Posts
January 11 2013 21:07 GMT
#695
On January 12 2013 06:04 Gevna wrote:

All of this against one of the best upcoming foreigners, not that surprising.


If I had an euro every time I heard that in 2012. There were like 10 best upcoming zerg foreigners last year.
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
January 11 2013 21:07 GMT
#696
Gogo Leenock !
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
kyllinghest
Profile Joined December 2011
Norway1607 Posts
January 11 2013 21:07 GMT
#697
On January 12 2013 06:04 Gevna wrote:
Are people really surprised about MVP losing to Goswer ? I mean we all know he is struggling a lot with his wrists, and can't really train that much. Moreover MVP has never been impressive in foreign tournaments, he focused exclusively on GSL.

All of this against one of the best upcoming foreigners, not that surprising.

IEM, WCG, MLG and Blizzcon was kind of impressing. Not online though obviously.
"NO" -Has
gillon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1578 Posts
January 11 2013 21:07 GMT
#698
On January 12 2013 06:07 Qwerty85 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2013 06:04 Gevna wrote:

All of this against one of the best upcoming foreigners, not that surprising.


If I had an euro every time I heard that in 2012. There were like 10 best upcoming zerg foreigners last year.


So much talent, bro.
www.teamproperty.net | "You should hate losing, but you should never fear defeat." - 이윤열
Cook
Profile Joined May 2011
France130 Posts
January 11 2013 21:09 GMT
#699
On January 12 2013 06:04 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2013 05:58 Benjamin99 wrote:
It seems to me Goswser prepared really well and knew exactly was MVP was going to do and MVP didn't prepare at all.

So well done Goswser

On January 12 2013 05:58 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
U know. I kinda .... want to cry a little. I mean. No offense to gowser he has improved a lot. And i hope he's happy and all.
But.
In which world.
Is he a better player.


He was in this series it was not even close.


Yeah I saw that he slaugtherd MVP. But how is that possible. I mean. MVP is basicly the closest thing we got to a SC2 bonjwa? How is it possible for some pretty good but absolutly unremarkable foreigner to come out of nowhere and 3-0 the guy.

I am concerned. It either means that MVP has lost his ooomph.
Or that the game design makes it easy for one race to eliminate skill gaps.

Or MVP had an reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally off day. but you know... still feels weird to me.


This is true.
And right now, i'm just sad... :/
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
January 11 2013 21:09 GMT
#700
On January 12 2013 06:07 Qwerty85 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2013 06:04 Gevna wrote:

All of this against one of the best upcoming foreigners, not that surprising.


If I had an euro every time I heard that in 2012. There were like 10 best upcoming zerg foreigners last year.

And the best foreigners are almost exclusively zergs too.
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 680
ComeBackTV 459
SteadfastSC414
Rex116
EnkiAlexander 53
CosmosSc2 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 414
ProTech139
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 50
UpATreeSC 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42050
Jaedong 1116
Hyuk 1066
Soma 950
Mini 631
Horang2 579
EffOrt 536
BeSt 475
Larva 410
Soulkey 334
[ Show more ]
ZerO 300
Stork 224
Snow 220
Last 219
ggaemo 215
Rush 214
hero 80
Mind 70
Liquid`Ret 45
Sharp 41
Shinee 36
Free 35
Killer 35
Shine 29
Terrorterran 24
ToSsGirL 22
sorry 20
HiyA 19
Trap 18
Rock 16
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1734
Dendi873
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
x6flipin778
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2436
Khaldor1897
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2827
singsing2055
B2W.Neo933
hiko844
byalli449
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe120
QueenE86
Mew2King57
Trikslyr27
Railgan19
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 18
• mYiSmile118
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2706
League of Legends
• Nemesis2026
• Jankos1090
• TFBlade679
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 18m
OSC
21h 18m
Stellar Fest
21h 18m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.