• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8017 users

[GSTL] Grand Finals Season 3 2012 - Page 52

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 Next
hipster chat in #TL-GSTL on IRC quakenet
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 08 2012 08:44 GMT
#1021
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
December 08 2012 08:45 GMT
#1022
--- Nuked ---
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
December 08 2012 08:47 GMT
#1023
On December 08 2012 17:38 Weirdkid wrote:
They call him the towel terran. Little did they know... (Skip to 5 minutes. I can't seem to embed with the timing haha)
+ Show Spoiler +
hah, so fitting
Donnie Yen is the best
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
kubiks
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1328 Posts
December 08 2012 08:47 GMT
#1024
I don't follow sc2 as much as I used to do, but still super happy FXO won.
Gumiho is my favorite player for a long while, glad he took down the anti-fun player
Juanald you're my hero I miss you -> best troll ever on TL <3
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
December 08 2012 08:48 GMT
#1025
wtf gumiho teamleague bonjour
gz FXO
Maloreon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States911 Posts
December 08 2012 08:48 GMT
#1026
On December 08 2012 17:44 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?


You are right. I remember the same discussion after last finals (when he all-killed). Dude is obviously improving and prospering too - one can hardly blame him. I'd love to see him at a foreign event sometime though.
Leenock, Gumiho, Life, Flash, Parting, Scarlett
FXOUnstable
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia159 Posts
December 08 2012 08:50 GMT
#1027
On December 08 2012 17:48 Maloreon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:44 opterown wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?


You are right. I remember the same discussion after last finals (when he all-killed). Dude is obviously improving and prospering too - one can hardly blame him. I'd love to see him at a foreign event sometime though.


Gumiho refuses to go to international events until he wins GSL I have tried to make him go but he wants to prove himself in korea first
FXOUnstable
Chill Penguin
Profile Joined March 2012
Australia756 Posts
December 08 2012 08:50 GMT
#1028
On December 08 2012 17:50 FXOUnstable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:48 Maloreon wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 opterown wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?


You are right. I remember the same discussion after last finals (when he all-killed). Dude is obviously improving and prospering too - one can hardly blame him. I'd love to see him at a foreign event sometime though.


Gumiho refuses to go to international events until he wins GSL I have tried to make him go but he wants to prove himself in korea first


What a boss. Much respect for the Gumibear.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 08:51:26
December 08 2012 08:51 GMT
#1029
On December 08 2012 17:50 FXOUnstable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:48 Maloreon wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 opterown wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?


You are right. I remember the same discussion after last finals (when he all-killed). Dude is obviously improving and prospering too - one can hardly blame him. I'd love to see him at a foreign event sometime though.


Gumiho refuses to go to international events until he wins GSL I have tried to make him go but he wants to prove himself in korea first

He should have won Season 1 2012
I was so sad when DRG made the comeback
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
December 08 2012 08:51 GMT
#1030
On December 08 2012 17:47 figq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:38 Weirdkid wrote:
They call him the towel terran. Little did they know... (Skip to 5 minutes. I can't seem to embed with the timing haha)
+ Show Spoiler +
http://youtu.be/7ZwBE-AZJUA?t=5m
hah, so fitting
Donnie Yen is the best

Lol I realise the towel guy dies at the end Ah the fight's still awesome anyway hahaha
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
FXOBoSs
Profile Joined August 2011
337 Posts
December 08 2012 08:51 GMT
#1031
I am sure the team would love to hear from everyone on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/FXOTeam
www.twitter.com/gosutrading
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 08 2012 08:51 GMT
#1032
On December 08 2012 17:51 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:50 FXOUnstable wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:48 Maloreon wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 opterown wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?


You are right. I remember the same discussion after last finals (when he all-killed). Dude is obviously improving and prospering too - one can hardly blame him. I'd love to see him at a foreign event sometime though.


Gumiho refuses to go to international events until he wins GSL I have tried to make him go but he wants to prove himself in korea first

He should have won Season 1 2012
I was so sad when DRG made the comeback

i concur T_T
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Maloreon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 08:54:35
December 08 2012 08:52 GMT
#1033
If you are a fan of Donnie Yen I think his fight scene in Ip Man pretty much sums up what Gumiho does to opposing teams in the GSTL finals.




Start video at 1 minute. Gumiho with all-kill!
Leenock, Gumiho, Life, Flash, Parting, Scarlett
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 08 2012 08:52 GMT
#1034
On December 08 2012 17:27 eviltomahawk wrote:
That weird feeling when the SPL threads are larger than the thread for a GSTL finals o_0

90% fault of FPL. I normally would've watched only GSTL but this game makes it so much more fun to watch SC2. ^^
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 08 2012 08:54 GMT
#1035
On December 08 2012 17:50 FXOUnstable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:48 Maloreon wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 opterown wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?


You are right. I remember the same discussion after last finals (when he all-killed). Dude is obviously improving and prospering too - one can hardly blame him. I'd love to see him at a foreign event sometime though.


Gumiho refuses to go to international events until he wins GSL I have tried to make him go but he wants to prove himself in korea first

oh i reckon he's proved himself :p
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
December 08 2012 08:55 GMT
#1036
On December 08 2012 17:51 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:51 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:50 FXOUnstable wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:48 Maloreon wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 opterown wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?


You are right. I remember the same discussion after last finals (when he all-killed). Dude is obviously improving and prospering too - one can hardly blame him. I'd love to see him at a foreign event sometime though.


Gumiho refuses to go to international events until he wins GSL I have tried to make him go but he wants to prove himself in korea first

He should have won Season 1 2012
I was so sad when DRG made the comeback

i concur T_T

if it was today I would have
back then he was just another terran among thousands, couldn't care less at the time
JJH777
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4420 Posts
December 08 2012 08:55 GMT
#1037
On December 08 2012 17:51 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:50 FXOUnstable wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:48 Maloreon wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 opterown wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?


You are right. I remember the same discussion after last finals (when he all-killed). Dude is obviously improving and prospering too - one can hardly blame him. I'd love to see him at a foreign event sometime though.


Gumiho refuses to go to international events until he wins GSL I have tried to make him go but he wants to prove himself in korea first

He should have won Season 1 2012
I was so sad when DRG made the comeback


Nah Genius was ridiculous vs Terran that season. Stomped sC, beat MKP, 3-0'd Alive (who won IPL4 against Squirtle just a bit after). Genius was actually just amazing in general that season still can't believe he didn't win looking at their performances on the way to the finals Genius looked far better than DRG.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 09:00:12
December 08 2012 08:59 GMT
#1038
On December 08 2012 17:55 JJH777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 17:51 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:50 FXOUnstable wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:48 Maloreon wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 opterown wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:44 Chill Penguin wrote:
On December 08 2012 17:40 Looms wrote:
^^ and a big RAISE! :D


Use some of the winnings to give Gumi a shot at an MLG. I can see him tearing it up in that format.

iirc gumi has been offered multiple times but he prefers to stay in KR?


You are right. I remember the same discussion after last finals (when he all-killed). Dude is obviously improving and prospering too - one can hardly blame him. I'd love to see him at a foreign event sometime though.


Gumiho refuses to go to international events until he wins GSL I have tried to make him go but he wants to prove himself in korea first

He should have won Season 1 2012
I was so sad when DRG made the comeback


Nah Genius was ridiculous vs Terran that season. Stomped sC, beat MKP, 3-0'd Alive (who won IPL4 against Squirtle just a bit after). Genius was actually just amazing in general that season still can't believe he didn't win looking at their performances on the way to the finals Genius looked far better than DRG.

Yeah Genius was on fire that season. 8-0 in 200/200 battles going into the finals IIRC, but i think Gumiho could have taken him out earlier. He beat marineking but remember Marineking actually lead 3-2 in maps overall, it just went Marineking 2-0 Genius in the first match and then in the final match Genius 2-1 Marineking so Genius advanced. It would have been close but I think Gumiho could have done it.
But I agree with you not believing that Genius didnt win it all. I picked Genius to win after he beat DRG easily in the ro32
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
December 08 2012 09:00 GMT
#1039
Gom really needs to change the format to a round robin, these elimination rounds are both confusing and not that interesting. And the fact that you can't use FPL with the existing system is also a big problem.
ZerglingTwins
Profile Joined October 2012
United States850 Posts
December 08 2012 09:01 GMT
#1040
Leenock is like, "Gumiho, you know, there are other people!"
Searching for my twin ling brother.
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2411
Shinee 45
NotJumperer 16
Noble 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever985
NeuroSwarm203
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft411
Other Games
summit1g7349
Coldzera 763
JimRising 677
C9.Mang0393
PiGStarcraft267
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1019
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream385
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo985
• Rush852
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 13m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.