• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10012 users

[Code S] RO32 Group H 2012 GSL Season 4 - Page 58

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 83 Next
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
September 13 2012 12:18 GMT
#1141
On September 13 2012 21:17 WigglingSquid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:16 NojAh wrote:
Can someone explain why is playing with a towel lol?

Hyperhidrosis.


Is that what happens when Artosis pulls off what InControL did with the Monster drink at ASUS ROG?
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
September 13 2012 12:19 GMT
#1142
On September 13 2012 21:14 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


Which ones do you think are particularly shitty? TvT has been good for a long time, ZvZ is at its best (more skilled based), TvP has been fine lately with Taeja and jjakji showing us the way. ZvP is balanced but boring?

TvZ is a shadow of its former self, ZvZ is still more bad than good, TvP has been bad for a very long time regardless of balance, ZvP has been terrible ever since Zergs figured out that turtling into broods was the best way to play, and PvP has been a joke since day 1.

Basically TvT is the only consistently entertaining matchup anymore.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
September 13 2012 12:19 GMT
#1143
On September 13 2012 21:14 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


Which ones do you think are particularly shitty? TvT has been good for a long time, ZvZ is at its best (more skilled based), TvP has been fine lately with Taeja and jjakji showing us the way. ZvP is balanced but boring?


I talk from a spectator pov, ZvP is incredibly boring we'd all agree i think. I really dislike the passivity going in ZvZ, sometimes even in the early game (ling/bling war is awesome to watch) and then roach on roach action is kinda meh. Then you've the ultralisk vs ultralisk game and it's quite interesting.
TvP has a big problem: attacking is really hard for both players in lategame, and we've a lot of powering going on nowadays meaning that there is little going on in early/mid game. The match up to often leads to landslided victory in battles too, but you definitely can have a gem.
ZvT on is usually 14min that you can skip and an awesome lategame if both players are good (foreigner ZvT are awful too watch ie).

What i really like about TvT is the return of 1-1-1 opening, it leads to action in the early game instead of the boring 1rax FE vs 1rax FE nothing before medivacs.
Zest fanboy.
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
September 13 2012 12:19 GMT
#1144
On September 13 2012 21:18 HonorZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:17 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:15 Embir wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


My humble opinion (match ups, from best to worst):
1) TvT
2) TvZ
3) TvP
4) ZvZ
5) PvP
6) PvZ


Definitely PvZ last, I really hate watching it. I agree with that order. :D


TvP is also not very good ...


Mana and Nani's recent games are giving the MU a bad name!
Eraserhead
Profile Joined October 2011
159 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 12:25:37
September 13 2012 12:19 GMT
#1145
nvm
Pyre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1940 Posts
September 13 2012 12:20 GMT
#1146
On September 13 2012 21:18 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:15 Pyre wrote:
Someone needs to make Gumi a special glove he can wear when he's playing


No he needs this!
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17r5ii30jiolejpg/original.jpg


I'd make him a glove out of shamwow to compliment that
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 13 2012 12:20 GMT
#1147
On September 13 2012 21:19 Eraserhead wrote:
can't believe tasteless wanted to talk about smurfs.. OH LOOKT AT ME, I CAN TALK ABOUT RANDOM SHIT, I AM SO FUNNY AND AWESOME


You must be new around here.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
September 13 2012 12:21 GMT
#1148
On September 13 2012 21:20 Pyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:18 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:15 Pyre wrote:
Someone needs to make Gumi a special glove he can wear when he's playing


No he needs this!
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17r5ii30jiolejpg/original.jpg


I'd make him a glove out of shamwow to compliment that


I'd imagine your central finger would be rather chilly - not optimal
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
September 13 2012 12:22 GMT
#1149
On September 13 2012 21:19 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:18 HonorZ wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:17 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:15 Embir wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


My humble opinion (match ups, from best to worst):
1) TvT
2) TvZ
3) TvP
4) ZvZ
5) PvP
6) PvZ


Definitely PvZ last, I really hate watching it. I agree with that order. :D


TvP is also not very good ...


Mana and Nani's recent games are giving the MU a bad name!


a smalll difference skill wise usually results in a landslide in the match up, it's one of its biggest problem imo.
Zest fanboy.
HonorZ
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France858 Posts
September 13 2012 12:22 GMT
#1150
On September 13 2012 21:19 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:18 HonorZ wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:17 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:15 Embir wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


My humble opinion (match ups, from best to worst):
1) TvT
2) TvZ
3) TvP
4) ZvZ
5) PvP
6) PvZ


Definitely PvZ last, I really hate watching it. I agree with that order. :D


TvP is also not very good ...


Mana and Nani's recent games are giving the MU a bad name!


I didn't see Nani's game, but I think I was speaking more generally. When was the last very good TvP you saw ? I can't remember. That's a bad sign !
"If you don't drop sweat today you'll drop tears tomorrow"
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
September 13 2012 12:22 GMT
#1151
On September 13 2012 21:19 sAsImre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:14 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


Which ones do you think are particularly shitty? TvT has been good for a long time, ZvZ is at its best (more skilled based), TvP has been fine lately with Taeja and jjakji showing us the way. ZvP is balanced but boring?


I talk from a spectator pov, ZvP is incredibly boring we'd all agree i think. I really dislike the passivity going in ZvZ, sometimes even in the early game (ling/bling war is awesome to watch) and then roach on roach action is kinda meh. Then you've the ultralisk vs ultralisk game and it's quite interesting.
TvP has a big problem: attacking is really hard for both players in lategame, and we've a lot of powering going on nowadays meaning that there is little going on in early/mid game. The match up to often leads to landslided victory in battles too, but you definitely can have a gem.
ZvT on is usually 14min that you can skip and an awesome lategame if both players are good (foreigner ZvT are awful too watch ie).

What i really like about TvT is the return of 1-1-1 opening, it leads to action in the early game instead of the boring 1rax FE vs 1rax FE nothing before medivacs.


Ah I see I was mixing it up with people complaining about balance issues. I agree with pretty much all that you said^ though I think ZvZ is coinflip when it comes to entertainment. Sometimes when they rely on tier 1 ling bling for a long time, and the micro shows....it's very fun. Infestor roach vs infestor roach is boring but pure infestors vs roaches can get interesting as well, and imo nyduses have been used pretty well in ZvZ as well. But a lot of the games I've seen are months old, just got back to watching.
Infernal Knight
Profile Joined July 2012
United States557 Posts
September 13 2012 12:23 GMT
#1152
On September 13 2012 21:22 HonorZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:19 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:18 HonorZ wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:17 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:15 Embir wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


My humble opinion (match ups, from best to worst):
1) TvT
2) TvZ
3) TvP
4) ZvZ
5) PvP
6) PvZ


Definitely PvZ last, I really hate watching it. I agree with that order. :D


TvP is also not very good ...


Mana and Nani's recent games are giving the MU a bad name!


I didn't see Nani's game, but I think I was speaking more generally. When was the last very good TvP you saw ? I can't remember. That's a bad sign !


TvPs are all about army micro, if no one dies to a timing, and the nature of the battles is such that if one engagement goes bad it can snowball really fast. Long, intense Ghost v Templar while Viking v Colossus is going on at the same time can be interesting, but the units in question are so vital that losing them leads to faceroll.
"It's like you were running away from bears, except that the bears have the power to make forcefields." - QxC
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
September 13 2012 12:23 GMT
#1153
On September 13 2012 21:19 forsooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:14 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


Which ones do you think are particularly shitty? TvT has been good for a long time, ZvZ is at its best (more skilled based), TvP has been fine lately with Taeja and jjakji showing us the way. ZvP is balanced but boring?

TvZ is a shadow of its former self, ZvZ is still more bad than good, TvP has been bad for a very long time regardless of balance, ZvP has been terrible ever since Zergs figured out that turtling into broods was the best way to play, and PvP has been a joke since day 1.

Basically TvT is the only consistently entertaining matchup anymore.


TvZ is different then it used to be but still very entertaining, TvP has been nothing short of amazing as of late, ZvZ has gotten extremely good as well with more late game plays and a lot of harassment from both sides, ZvP is a tad stale with the brood lord infestor into vortex into gg either way, i agree and PvP is terrible if its too short, boring if its too long, but really good if it stays on 2 base blink vs blink play. That just doesn't happen that often anymore though.
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
September 13 2012 12:23 GMT
#1154
On September 13 2012 21:22 HonorZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:19 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:18 HonorZ wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:17 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:15 Embir wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


My humble opinion (match ups, from best to worst):
1) TvT
2) TvZ
3) TvP
4) ZvZ
5) PvP
6) PvZ


Definitely PvZ last, I really hate watching it. I agree with that order. :D


TvP is also not very good ...


Mana and Nani's recent games are giving the MU a bad name!


I didn't see Nani's game, but I think I was speaking more generally. When was the last very good TvP you saw ? I can't remember. That's a bad sign !


Seed vs Jjaki in the Gstl on the weekend was pretty good.
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
September 13 2012 12:24 GMT
#1155
On September 13 2012 21:22 HonorZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:19 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:18 HonorZ wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:17 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:15 Embir wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


My humble opinion (match ups, from best to worst):
1) TvT
2) TvZ
3) TvP
4) ZvZ
5) PvP
6) PvZ


Definitely PvZ last, I really hate watching it. I agree with that order. :D


TvP is also not very good ...


Mana and Nani's recent games are giving the MU a bad name!


I didn't see Nani's game, but I think I was speaking more generally. When was the last very good TvP you saw ? I can't remember. That's a bad sign !


Watch Taeja/jjakji. But TvP is admittedly not as fun to watch as before.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
September 13 2012 12:24 GMT
#1156
On September 13 2012 21:23 Laryleprakon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:22 HonorZ wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:19 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:18 HonorZ wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:17 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:15 Embir wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


My humble opinion (match ups, from best to worst):
1) TvT
2) TvZ
3) TvP
4) ZvZ
5) PvP
6) PvZ


Definitely PvZ last, I really hate watching it. I agree with that order. :D


TvP is also not very good ...


Mana and Nani's recent games are giving the MU a bad name!


I didn't see Nani's game, but I think I was speaking more generally. When was the last very good TvP you saw ? I can't remember. That's a bad sign !


Seed vs Jjaki in the Gstl on the weekend was pretty good.


*Very good. One of the best games i've seen in the past months.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
September 13 2012 12:24 GMT
#1157
On September 13 2012 21:22 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 21:19 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:14 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:12 sAsImre wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:09 Hall0wed wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:05 Soyuz wrote:
On September 13 2012 21:04 smileface wrote:
OMG 6 zergs and ONLY 5 toss and 5 terran!!!

this OBVIOUSLY shows that zerg is absolutely imba... the game is simply broken!!!


I don't think anybody's complaining about Zerg imbalance these days...


This post is a trap...

I will say that I dislike the current metagame (in almost all matchups) to a very large degree.


TvT is quite good currently, i'd even say it's starting to be really interesting (dynamic in early/mid/lategame, a bit less in mid nowadays), PvP is at its best imo (ok it's isn't hard...). Ok the other match ups are shitty atm.


Which ones do you think are particularly shitty? TvT has been good for a long time, ZvZ is at its best (more skilled based), TvP has been fine lately with Taeja and jjakji showing us the way. ZvP is balanced but boring?


I talk from a spectator pov, ZvP is incredibly boring we'd all agree i think. I really dislike the passivity going in ZvZ, sometimes even in the early game (ling/bling war is awesome to watch) and then roach on roach action is kinda meh. Then you've the ultralisk vs ultralisk game and it's quite interesting.
TvP has a big problem: attacking is really hard for both players in lategame, and we've a lot of powering going on nowadays meaning that there is little going on in early/mid game. The match up to often leads to landslided victory in battles too, but you definitely can have a gem.
ZvT on is usually 14min that you can skip and an awesome lategame if both players are good (foreigner ZvT are awful too watch ie).

What i really like about TvT is the return of 1-1-1 opening, it leads to action in the early game instead of the boring 1rax FE vs 1rax FE nothing before medivacs.


Ah I see I was mixing it up with people complaining about balance issues. I agree with pretty much all that you said^ though I think ZvZ is coinflip when it comes to entertainment. Sometimes when they rely on tier 1 ling bling for a long time, and the micro shows....it's very fun. Infestor roach vs infestor roach is boring but pure infestors vs roaches can get interesting as well, and imo nyduses have been used pretty well in ZvZ as well. But a lot of the games I've seen are months old, just got back to watching.


ZvZ has good potential but i hate the roach :D TDA is awesome because it forces ling/blings, mutas are cool when it's not mutas vs mutas but god it bores me when roaches are involved.
As far as balance goes i would dare to say that i don't even want hots at this point :D.
Zest fanboy.
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
September 13 2012 12:24 GMT
#1158
Bomber is screwed here.
Infernal Knight
Profile Joined July 2012
United States557 Posts
September 13 2012 12:25 GMT
#1159
Oh and Bomber's getting smashed D:
"It's like you were running away from bears, except that the bears have the power to make forcefields." - QxC
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
September 13 2012 12:25 GMT
#1160
And Bomber with the worse decision making sadly ;(
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 83 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 227
CosmosSc2 65
RuFF_SC2 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1924
GuemChi 1315
Artosis 636
910 40
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever291
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 855
Counter-Strike
taco 297
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox691
Other Games
summit1g8678
Day[9].tv734
shahzam616
C9.Mang0311
Trikslyr52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick472
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 7
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv734
• Shiphtur677
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 56m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.