• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:19
CEST 02:19
KST 09:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6910 users

[TSL4] Ro32 Day 2 - Page 129

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 Next
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
July 30 2012 10:45 GMT
#2561
lol, just read about Naniwa's "BM"

Don't see why everyone is laying into him, hes showing his passion for the game, plus we all know Zergs are doing lets say....favourably, this patch. All these lesser known Zergs rising up out of nowhere kinda backs that.
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
Toastie.NL
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands232 Posts
July 30 2012 10:49 GMT
#2562
On July 30 2012 18:22 FreudianTrip wrote:
The fanboy tears are pretty sweet.

I like Nani and his PvP and PvT are sick good but to put it simply, the guys quite clearly on tilt.

I can't believe someone is trying to defend Nani with 'His mechanics are so much better, JRecco is so bad' when not 2 days ago he got Supply Blocked at 18 versus SortOf. The guys lost in the match-up (I feel his pain, I'm fucking terrible at it, effing Infestors) and the fanboys here are trying to disregard every result where he loses as 'OMG SC2 BAD GAME OTHERWISE NANI WOULD HAVE WON' 'OMG NANI SICK MECHANICS JRECCO NOOB SC2 WHAT A JOKE LOL!!!!' etc. etc.

Nah, he's just bad at a match-up. Shit JYP went 0-20 vs Terran. I'm sure he wasn't that bad at PvT but constantly losing made him feel worse at it and so he'd panic or make the wrong move. Shit happens.

80% of Starcraft at the highest level is mental. If you're on tilt you'll probably lose.

edit: Forgot to put a big fat LOL at the dude crying about cross-server when Nani is in Sweden. Best post of the year.

Don't know of the game, haven't seen it, just mentioning it is kind of standard to get blocked at 18 as that block gets you your gate etc
EU Random Player - Contact me for anything :-)!
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 11:58:29
July 30 2012 11:57 GMT
#2563
I think Idra and Naniwa would make good buddies.haha xD
Honestly though, gratz to Recco showing his prowess in ZvP.

Naniwa being Naniwa when he loses.
Play your best
Tanngrisnir
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden131 Posts
July 30 2012 12:15 GMT
#2564
Sorry but this Chill guy has to go!

I know he used to be a caster for the old broodwar TSL where he actually had some honey but here he comes casting SC2 telling complete lies and feeding bullshit to the audience like they were facts? wtf?

Please if you havent played the game atleast do not act like an expert, you dont have to be an expert to do comentary!

In fact many of the guys whoms casting I enjoy the most arent experts on gameplay, they are good enough to roll but their main quality is something else.

Take a look at what DjWHEAT and guys like MrBitter is doing, their casting is super good and yet they dont have to educate the audience but rather enhance the experience for the viewers.

Experts are good because they can help educate viewers that arent that experienced and get them more into the game, but that is not the main focus of the broadcast!
A caster should enhance the experience, and like I said a little education on the side is cool but I tried to view RO32 day 2 with chill and apollo (whos one of my absolute favorite casters ever btw.) and it was unbareable.

We dont need a guy constantly educating the viewers, especially not when the guy is very speculative and in many cases just completely wrong. I love apollo and he really did his best to put on a show but everything just dwindled down the education route overall with chill.


Also somehow Chills casting tends to be very redundant somehow. Same words over and over again its like beeing spammed in a voicechat. I liked chill as a sidekick expert for BW but this isnt working =(

Maybe Im just spoiled with guys like Wheat and Artosis but this is what I felt and I couldnt stand watching more then a few games.

Overall super excited about TSL4 and loved day 1! <3
God of thunder, god of pain!
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 12:24:57
July 30 2012 12:24 GMT
#2565
On July 30 2012 20:57 FakeDeath wrote:
I think Idra and Naniwa would make good buddies.haha xD
.


I don't think so Can't imagine a discussion between them about ZvP balance.

Tanngrisnir
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden131 Posts
July 30 2012 12:35 GMT
#2566
On July 30 2012 21:24 AxionSteel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 20:57 FakeDeath wrote:
I think Idra and Naniwa would make good buddies.haha xD
.


I don't think so Can't imagine a discussion between them about ZvP balance.



I would imagine NaNiwa overwhelming IdrA with knowledge and arguments, and idra ripping his hair and shouting YOU ARE STUPID!
God of thunder, god of pain!
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 12:36:29
July 30 2012 12:35 GMT
#2567
On July 30 2012 21:15 Tanngrisnir wrote:
Sorry but this Chill guy has to go!

I know he used to be a caster for the old broodwar TSL where he actually had some honey but here he comes casting SC2 telling complete lies and feeding bullshit to the audience like they were facts? wtf?

Please if you havent played the game atleast do not act like an expert, you dont have to be an expert to do comentary!

In fact many of the guys whoms casting I enjoy the most arent experts on gameplay, they are good enough to roll but their main quality is something else.

Take a look at what DjWHEAT and guys like MrBitter is doing, their casting is super good and yet they dont have to educate the audience but rather enhance the experience for the viewers.

Experts are good because they can help educate viewers that arent that experienced and get them more into the game, but that is not the main focus of the broadcast!
A caster should enhance the experience, and like I said a little education on the side is cool but I tried to view RO32 day 2 with chill and apollo (whos one of my absolute favorite casters ever btw.) and it was unbareable.

We dont need a guy constantly educating the viewers, especially not when the guy is very speculative and in many cases just completely wrong. I love apollo and he really did his best to put on a show but everything just dwindled down the education route overall with chill.


Also somehow Chills casting tends to be very redundant somehow. Same words over and over again its like beeing spammed in a voicechat. I liked chill as a sidekick expert for BW but this isnt working =(

Maybe Im just spoiled with guys like Wheat and Artosis but this is what I felt and I couldnt stand watching more then a few games.

Overall super excited about TSL4 and loved day 1! <3


Never going to happen, Chill is an icon of TSL and It's the only thing he casts. I would be sad if he didn't cast it anymore.

Try to relax and have fun while watching and it won't bother you, TSL4 is a tournament for the community after all It doesn't have to be super professional.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
July 30 2012 12:40 GMT
#2568
On July 30 2012 21:15 Tanngrisnir wrote:
Sorry but this Chill guy has to go!

I know he used to be a caster for the old broodwar TSL where he actually had some honey but here he comes casting SC2 telling complete lies and feeding bullshit to the audience like they were facts? wtf?

Please if you havent played the game atleast do not act like an expert, you dont have to be an expert to do comentary!

In fact many of the guys whoms casting I enjoy the most arent experts on gameplay, they are good enough to roll but their main quality is something else.

Take a look at what DjWHEAT and guys like MrBitter is doing, their casting is super good and yet they dont have to educate the audience but rather enhance the experience for the viewers.

Experts are good because they can help educate viewers that arent that experienced and get them more into the game, but that is not the main focus of the broadcast!
A caster should enhance the experience, and like I said a little education on the side is cool but I tried to view RO32 day 2 with chill and apollo (whos one of my absolute favorite casters ever btw.) and it was unbareable.

We dont need a guy constantly educating the viewers, especially not when the guy is very speculative and in many cases just completely wrong. I love apollo and he really did his best to put on a show but everything just dwindled down the education route overall with chill.


Also somehow Chills casting tends to be very redundant somehow. Same words over and over again its like beeing spammed in a voicechat. I liked chill as a sidekick expert for BW but this isnt working =(


Maybe Im just spoiled with guys like Wheat and Artosis but this is what I felt and I couldnt stand watching more then a few games.

Overall super excited about TSL4 and loved day 1! <3


Apollo does this all the time and it's really annoying. He uses the same few phrases to describe high-intensity moments and it is very obvious.

I would imagine NaNiwa overwhelming IdrA with knowledge and arguments, and idra ripping his hair and shouting YOU ARE STUPID!


I wouldn't give Nani that much credit...
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
a3den
Profile Joined April 2012
704 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 12:50:04
July 30 2012 12:49 GMT
#2569
I'm so happy Naniwa lost : D

Gratz to JohnnyREcco !
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
July 30 2012 12:56 GMT
#2570
On July 30 2012 16:25 s1ege wrote:
Naniwa ONLY lost ecause it was cross server. That is 100% the reason he lost. Had he been in Sweden or offline at the time it would've been a one sided 3-0 for naniwa. Naniwa beat NesTea at MLG, I don't know how he lost to the likes of jonnyrecco or sortof

I think this guy wins the thread
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
July 30 2012 14:20 GMT
#2571
On July 30 2012 21:49 a3den wrote:
I'm so happy Naniwa lost : D

Gratz to JohnnyREcco !


Me too . What a great day
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
July 30 2012 14:31 GMT
#2572
Didn't finish watching the last game. Damn, Elfi still lost that. Too bad.
I had a good night of sleep.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 30 2012 14:57 GMT
#2573
On July 30 2012 21:15 Tanngrisnir wrote:
Please if you havent played the game atleast do not act like an expert, you dont have to be an expert to do comentary!

Check my match history. I can't comment on acting like an expert, but if you have any specific examples I'll work on them.

Also somehow Chills casting tends to be very redundant somehow. Same words over and over again its like beeing spammed in a voicechat.

Any specific examples I can work on? Feel free to PM me since you're banned.
Moderator
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
July 30 2012 15:07 GMT
#2574
On July 30 2012 23:57 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 21:15 Tanngrisnir wrote:
Please if you havent played the game atleast do not act like an expert, you dont have to be an expert to do comentary!

Check my match history. I can't comment on acting like an expert, but if you have any specific examples I'll work on them.

Show nested quote +
Also somehow Chills casting tends to be very redundant somehow. Same words over and over again its like beeing spammed in a voicechat.

Any specific examples I can work on? Feel free to PM me since you're banned.


He's banned because he's a huge troll, ignore him Chill, you're awesome :D
s1ege
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)123 Posts
July 30 2012 15:20 GMT
#2575
I actually find it funny how most of you are acting like jonnyrecco is the next stephano. He's not, get over it.
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 15:32:07
July 30 2012 15:29 GMT
#2576
On July 30 2012 19:49 Toastie.NL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 18:22 FreudianTrip wrote:
The fanboy tears are pretty sweet.

I like Nani and his PvP and PvT are sick good but to put it simply, the guys quite clearly on tilt.

I can't believe someone is trying to defend Nani with 'His mechanics are so much better, JRecco is so bad' when not 2 days ago he got Supply Blocked at 18 versus SortOf. The guys lost in the match-up (I feel his pain, I'm fucking terrible at it, effing Infestors) and the fanboys here are trying to disregard every result where he loses as 'OMG SC2 BAD GAME OTHERWISE NANI WOULD HAVE WON' 'OMG NANI SICK MECHANICS JRECCO NOOB SC2 WHAT A JOKE LOL!!!!' etc. etc.

Nah, he's just bad at a match-up. Shit JYP went 0-20 vs Terran. I'm sure he wasn't that bad at PvT but constantly losing made him feel worse at it and so he'd panic or make the wrong move. Shit happens.

80% of Starcraft at the highest level is mental. If you're on tilt you'll probably lose.

edit: Forgot to put a big fat LOL at the dude crying about cross-server when Nani is in Sweden. Best post of the year.

Don't know of the game, haven't seen it, just mentioning it is kind of standard to get blocked at 18 as that block gets you your gate etc


:/ If you haven't seen the game why are you commenting. He was doing a normal Gate, Gas, Pylon, Cybercore opening it's the bread and butter of any match-up. You do it every PvP and 90% of your TvPs.

On July 31 2012 00:20 s1ege wrote:
I actually find it funny how most of you are acting like jonnyrecco is the next stephano. He's not, get over it.


Absolutely no-one said that whatsoever. Not even in your wildest Naniwa fanboy dreams.

What happened to your cross server excuse? Stop trolling or go away please.
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 15:31:11
July 30 2012 15:30 GMT
#2577
Double post - sorry please delete
Vaftrudner
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden1185 Posts
July 30 2012 15:37 GMT
#2578
I find it a bit sickening how many people are taking pleasure in watching Naniwa fail. It's a really weird attitude. There seems to be a lot of people who dislike Naniwa intensely, which is strange enough from people who don't even personally know him, but then to say that he doesn't deserve to be in Code S and laughing and rejoicing when he is on tilt in a weak matchup? I watch Starcraft because I love the game, and I do believe that there is so much about Starcraft that is positive and wonderful. I think that people who view it fueled by spite are missing out. I'm happy for JohnnyRecco, it was a big game for him and he's obviously growing as a player. But I'm also excited to see Naniwa figure out PvZ and come back in form, because he's a creative and smart player.
"Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one." - Day9
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
July 30 2012 15:47 GMT
#2579
See, s1ege. That's how you make a post as a Naniwa fan. Not make non existent excuses and then make up what other people have said.
s1ege
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)123 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 16:09:50
July 30 2012 16:08 GMT
#2580
On July 31 2012 00:47 FreudianTrip wrote:
See, s1ege. That's how you make a post as a Naniwa fan. Not make non existent excuses and then make up what other people have said.


I'm not a Naniwa fanboy, I just don't like heavily overrated kids like JonnyRecco. People act like he's the next big thing just because he beat Naniwa, who's bad versus Zerg, which is why he lost to equally overrated SortOf. His play was nothing remarkable...he plays just like any other non Ret or Stephano Zerg would against Protoss. Again, Naniwa is just bad against Zerg and that's all there is to it.
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 704
White-Ra 105
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever572
NeuroSwarm189
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv260
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe168
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr109
Other Games
summit1g8237
shahzam585
JimRising 518
C9.Mang0332
ArmadaUGS71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick768
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream337
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta12
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.