• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:21
CEST 20:21
KST 03:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9210 users

[Code S] Semi-Final 2012 GSL Season 2 - Page 150

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 148 149 150 151 152 157 Next
ravemir
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal595 Posts
May 10 2012 14:55 GMT
#2981
...and Parting chokes again, amirite?
"more gg, more skill"
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
May 10 2012 14:55 GMT
#2982
On May 10 2012 23:51 Figgy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 20:24 DoNotDisturb wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:23 Zzoram wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:21 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
What on earth do they feed the Protosses in the Startale house!???????????!!!!!!!!!!


Rare Candy


can't be, rare candy gives terrible stat boosts


incorrect. You need to learn a lot more about EV training if you actually think that.


What?

"A Pokémon which increases in level using a Rare Candy instead of battling does not gain any EVs, making it weaker than a Pokémon who increases in level normally."

~http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
May 10 2012 14:56 GMT
#2983
On May 10 2012 23:36 Exstasy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 23:33 samurai80 wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:46 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


How does "I don't want another Protoss winning" contradict the fact that they have the least GSL final wins?

He never said that Protoss has too many wins, or that they have the most. Maybe he's a hater, but he just doesn't want Protoss to win again. That's all. I'm just sayin.

"Another protoss winning." It's pretty clear to me he means there are too many. I think you should well understand what HolyArrow is trying to say if you're clever enough. And I think it's pretty much the way people supporting protoss or the ones who just want some equality/balance in this game think.

It's just looking indecent for us when u guys are telling us that they are fed up of seeing so many protoss, when we had to endure this for so many seasons while the terran race has never ever experienced this situation. Try to imagine how it is disgusting to hear that.

You said you're a Celtic supporter so it's not a good example but imagine your team was actually the Rockets in 1995, when they manage to become champion a second time in their history, their first time being 1994. Then some Lakers or Celtics fans say "oh no, not the Rockets again !". It's just indecent to say that, especially if your team has been dominating that much.



Well If I said I don't want a random player to win, does that automatically mean that too many random players have won the GSL?

Well yes absolutely if you add another after "I don't want".
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-10 15:02:55
May 10 2012 14:58 GMT
#2984
On May 10 2012 23:56 samurai80 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 23:36 Exstasy wrote:
On May 10 2012 23:33 samurai80 wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:46 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


How does "I don't want another Protoss winning" contradict the fact that they have the least GSL final wins?

He never said that Protoss has too many wins, or that they have the most. Maybe he's a hater, but he just doesn't want Protoss to win again. That's all. I'm just sayin.

"Another protoss winning." It's pretty clear to me he means there are too many. I think you should well understand what HolyArrow is trying to say if you're clever enough. And I think it's pretty much the way people supporting protoss or the ones who just want some equality/balance in this game think.

It's just looking indecent for us when u guys are telling us that they are fed up of seeing so many protoss, when we had to endure this for so many seasons while the terran race has never ever experienced this situation. Try to imagine how it is disgusting to hear that.

You said you're a Celtic supporter so it's not a good example but imagine your team was actually the Rockets in 1995, when they manage to become champion a second time in their history, their first time being 1994. Then some Lakers or Celtics fans say "oh no, not the Rockets again !". It's just indecent to say that, especially if your team has been dominating that much.



Well If I said I don't want a random player to win, does that automatically mean that too many random players have won the GSL?

Well yes absolutely if you add another after "I don't want".


Actually, in the most literal sense, it just means that at least one Random player had won before, and he doesn't want another one to win. At least one Protoss had won before, and he doesn't want a second Protoss to win... possibly this could be what he meant.

However, given the context of what many TvP threads have been (boo hoo Protosses keep winning), it may have been seen as "Protosses win at everything, I don't want yet another Protoss to win this too!" in an exasperated tone.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
architecture
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States643 Posts
May 10 2012 14:59 GMT
#2985
Have Protoss players even seen how poorly Protoss was played for the last 2 years?

It really hasn't been until when Parting and Oz came around that really consistent P play was shown.

In contrast, T has always been reliant on its bag of 1 base tricks.
tpfkan
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
May 10 2012 14:59 GMT
#2986
Completely criminal mvp made it through to the finals. Story of SC. Doomdrop an scvs. love stalkers. =.= Atleast he's one smart terran to do heavy drops earlier on. If he won the finals that would be ridiculous.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
May 10 2012 15:00 GMT
#2987
On May 10 2012 23:58 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 23:56 samurai80 wrote:
On May 10 2012 23:36 Exstasy wrote:
On May 10 2012 23:33 samurai80 wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:46 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


How does "I don't want another Protoss winning" contradict the fact that they have the least GSL final wins?

He never said that Protoss has too many wins, or that they have the most. Maybe he's a hater, but he just doesn't want Protoss to win again. That's all. I'm just sayin.

"Another protoss winning." It's pretty clear to me he means there are too many. I think you should well understand what HolyArrow is trying to say if you're clever enough. And I think it's pretty much the way people supporting protoss or the ones who just want some equality/balance in this game think.

It's just looking indecent for us when u guys are telling us that they are fed up of seeing so many protoss, when we had to endure this for so many seasons while the terran race has never ever experienced this situation. Try to imagine how it is disgusting to hear that.

You said you're a Celtic supporter so it's not a good example but imagine your team was actually the Rockets in 1995, when they manage to become champion a second time in their history, their first time being 1994. Then some Lakers or Celtics fans say "oh no, not the Rockets again !". It's just indecent to say that, especially if your team has been dominating that much.



Well If I said I don't want a random player to win, does that automatically mean that too many random players have won the GSL?

Well yes absolutely if you add another after "I don't want".


Actually, in the most literal sense, it just means that at least one Random player had won before, and he doesn't want another won to win. At least one Protoss had won before, and he doesn't want a second Protoss to win... possibly this could be what he meant.

However, given the context of what many TvP threads have been (boo hoo Protosses keep winning), it may have been seen as "Protosses win at everything, I don't want yet another Protoss to win this too!" in an exasperated tone.

That's exactly my point. Thank you.
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
May 10 2012 15:00 GMT
#2988
I got both my liquibets right today! MVP is a boss.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
May 10 2012 15:01 GMT
#2989
Whenever I try to copy Parting's forge/twilight into fast HT build, I get rocked by timing attacks, and feel like a failure.

I'm glad to see Parting isn't some genie wizard and is actually vulnerable to them too.
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
May 10 2012 15:03 GMT
#2990
On May 10 2012 22:57 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 20:52 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:46 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


How does "I don't want another Protoss winning" contradict the fact that they have the least GSL final wins?

He never said that Protoss has too many wins, or that they have the most. Maybe he's a hater, but he just doesn't want Protoss to win again. That's all. I'm just sayin.


That's a fine point, but that just annoys me by principle. I'm a pretty empathetic person - I can understand that people really get into the game and root massively for a certain player or race. But I also believe that all fans deserve the satisfaction of seeing their favorite race win a fair amount. If the situations were magically reversed and Protoss switched places with Terran in terms of big-picture GSL success, I'd be extremely okay with a Terran champion or two, because it's about time - I'd say it's only fair to the Terran fans to see more Terran winners. But, that's not reality. The reality is that Terran has had the most champions and Protoss has had by far the least, and it just annoys me that despite all this, some people really want to see yet another Terran Code S win. Don't get me wrong - I clearly have no greater moral basis for my stance on this, and people who really want to see another Terran win aren't objectively wrong in any way. It's just my personal philosophy that all fans should see ideally their race win a roughly proportionate amount of times, because everyone deserves to be satisfied as viewers.


People don't want a Protoss to win because most people (including Blizzard) know that right now Protoss is too good and while Squirtle/Parting/Hero/Oz are good players it's no coincidence they just all became instantly top of the world players the second Blizzard nerfed ghosts, buffed Immortals and buffed Protoss upgrades.

I don't really have any racial preference but I want Mvp to crush this kid into the floor to show that overall skill and greatness like Mvp has transcends Blizzard flavour of the month balance patches.

When another Protoss wins a Star League I want it to be a real legit win, not a 70% legit win with Blizzard giving them a nice helping hand.


Funniest thing I've read in ages.


Can I try now?

"MVP won against the best PvT player in the world with early-game all-ins and made it look easy. Therefore clearly Terran is OP. When another Terran wins a Star League I want it to be a real legit win; not someone being carried by their OP all-in race."

Did I do it right?


Honestly your entire argument is absurd. Terran has the mid-game advantage and Protoss has the late-game advantage. The problem is that at EVERY point in the matchup there's too much volatility. Misclick a forcefield? You're dead. Miscontrol your marines? You're dead. Stim at the wrong time? You're dead. Blink at the wrong time? You're dead.

And then the late-game devolves into a dance between Stalkers/Vikings/Colossi and a game of "who can use their casters to hit their AoE attack first?" between HTs and Ghosts. And in the game of casters you win or you die (hello Song of Ice and Fire reference).

Matchup is frustratingly badly designed. But it's not imbalanced.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
May 10 2012 15:03 GMT
#2991
So now let's have great finals, hope it will be the best who wins. I will support Wartortle and hope for him to evolve to Blastoise :D And if he loses I won't complain about terrans winning again, even if it's true they are winning a bit too often, because terrans have great players and Mvp is perhaps the best in SC2 overall.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
May 10 2012 15:04 GMT
#2992
On May 11 2012 00:00 SnipedSoul wrote:
I got both my liquibets right today! MVP is a boss.


Got both mine correct too- bet with my head, not with my heart
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
architecture
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States643 Posts
May 10 2012 15:04 GMT
#2993
If something can be poorly designed and not imbalanced, then maybe balance is completely irrelevant as a metric?

If TvT is a better matchup than PvZ and PvT, there's something wrong with how Blizzard is going about designing the game fundamentally.
tpfkan
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
May 10 2012 15:07 GMT
#2994
On May 10 2012 18:28 Doriboi wrote:
MVP's smile creates stars in distant galaxies.


<3
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
GwSC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1997 Posts
May 10 2012 15:13 GMT
#2995
Well, at least the documentary can finally finish
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
May 10 2012 15:16 GMT
#2996
On May 11 2012 00:04 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2012 00:00 SnipedSoul wrote:
I got both my liquibets right today! MVP is a boss.


Got both mine correct too- bet with my head, not with my heart


bet with my head as well, fortunately Mvp was my heart bet as well
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
May 10 2012 15:20 GMT
#2997
On May 10 2012 23:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 23:51 Figgy wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:24 DoNotDisturb wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:23 Zzoram wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:21 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
What on earth do they feed the Protosses in the Startale house!???????????!!!!!!!!!!


Rare Candy


can't be, rare candy gives terrible stat boosts


incorrect. You need to learn a lot more about EV training if you actually think that.


What?

"A Pokémon which increases in level using a Rare Candy instead of battling does not gain any EVs, making it weaker than a Pokémon who increases in level normally."

~http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values


yea, if your pokemon has NEVER been in ANY battles and ONLY rare candies up to 100, it's gonna be p weak.

but it's very easy to max your EVs in only a few battles and be nowhere close to level 100, in which case rare candies are fine.

shadymmj
Profile Joined June 2010
1906 Posts
May 10 2012 15:21 GMT
#2998
On May 11 2012 00:03 Lightspeaker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 22:57 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:52 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:46 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


How does "I don't want another Protoss winning" contradict the fact that they have the least GSL final wins?

He never said that Protoss has too many wins, or that they have the most. Maybe he's a hater, but he just doesn't want Protoss to win again. That's all. I'm just sayin.


That's a fine point, but that just annoys me by principle. I'm a pretty empathetic person - I can understand that people really get into the game and root massively for a certain player or race. But I also believe that all fans deserve the satisfaction of seeing their favorite race win a fair amount. If the situations were magically reversed and Protoss switched places with Terran in terms of big-picture GSL success, I'd be extremely okay with a Terran champion or two, because it's about time - I'd say it's only fair to the Terran fans to see more Terran winners. But, that's not reality. The reality is that Terran has had the most champions and Protoss has had by far the least, and it just annoys me that despite all this, some people really want to see yet another Terran Code S win. Don't get me wrong - I clearly have no greater moral basis for my stance on this, and people who really want to see another Terran win aren't objectively wrong in any way. It's just my personal philosophy that all fans should see ideally their race win a roughly proportionate amount of times, because everyone deserves to be satisfied as viewers.


People don't want a Protoss to win because most people (including Blizzard) know that right now Protoss is too good and while Squirtle/Parting/Hero/Oz are good players it's no coincidence they just all became instantly top of the world players the second Blizzard nerfed ghosts, buffed Immortals and buffed Protoss upgrades.

I don't really have any racial preference but I want Mvp to crush this kid into the floor to show that overall skill and greatness like Mvp has transcends Blizzard flavour of the month balance patches.

When another Protoss wins a Star League I want it to be a real legit win, not a 70% legit win with Blizzard giving them a nice helping hand.


Honestly your entire argument is absurd. Terran has the mid-game advantage and Protoss has the late-game advantage. The problem is that at EVERY point in the matchup there's too much volatility. Misclick a forcefield? You're dead. Miscontrol your marines? You're dead. Stim at the wrong time? You're dead. Blink at the wrong time? You're dead.

And then the late-game devolves into a dance between Stalkers/Vikings/Colossi and a game of "who can use their casters to hit their AoE attack first?" between HTs and Ghosts. And in the game of casters you win or you die (hello Song of Ice and Fire reference).

Matchup is frustratingly badly designed. But it's not imbalanced.


agreed. i also think it is very hard to make objective balance statements beyond terran is strong mid and toss late.

everyone makes mistakes, but it actually comes down to how opportunistic your opponent is. sometimes you look back to make a depot and oh shit, here he is. so it is hard to find consistency.

tbh, most people did not expect MVP to win this time, but it looks like he's figured out parting for now. the next time they meet will still be a toss up, unless either player falls into a massive slump. it's hard to say in sc2.
There is no such thing is "e-sports". There is Brood War, and then there is crap for nerds.
SKYFISH_
Profile Joined April 2011
Bulgaria990 Posts
May 10 2012 15:22 GMT
#2999
hahaah, told you not to write off MVP so fast.

i thought he was going to take it 3-2 though, so sweet to see him win 3-1

In Soviet Terranistan you rush the Zerg
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
May 10 2012 15:24 GMT
#3000
Hum, Liquidbet 2-0.

On May 10 2012 21:51 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 21:31 Garnet wrote:
Mvp milking as much money as possible before the elephants come.


And play in their own league because they wouldn't even get through Code B


Would be the best, than we could get back the elephants in the game that actually offers the right environment for them to play to their limits.
Prev 1 148 149 150 151 152 157 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 671
ProTech123
UpATreeSC 80
BRAT_OK 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28570
Shuttle 720
Hyuk 160
Dewaltoss 93
firebathero 86
White-Ra 70
Trap 61
ToSsGirL 30
Sacsri 20
Bale 19
[ Show more ]
Rock 17
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc8791
qojqva1733
Counter-Strike
fl0m1623
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King81
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1566
Khaldor1330
Liquid`Hasu357
Grubby0
Other Games
summit1g3091
FrodaN1697
Beastyqt552
XBOCT298
Mlord276
ArmadaUGS174
C9.Mang0159
KnowMe145
XaKoH 109
QueenE86
CosmosSc2 19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• StrangeGG 60
• Hinosc 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 13
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur338
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 39m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 39m
Online Event
16h 39m
FEL
21h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.