• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:19
CEST 06:19
KST 13:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7200 users

MLG Pro Circuit Winter Championship Day 1 - Page 329

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 327 328 329 330 331 344 Next
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
March 24 2012 04:40 GMT
#6561
On March 24 2012 13:39 Dfgj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:38 nufcrulz wrote:
Polt is gonna get face crushed by Sheth tomorrow, there's no way he can win like that and not expect retribution from the Starcraft gods, mwahahaha

I think that WAS retribution for how absurdly fast Stephano was teching prior.


That is pretty common for zergs these days vs terran..
Kommander
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines4950 Posts
March 24 2012 04:41 GMT
#6562
On March 24 2012 13:39 how2TL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:37 SupLilSon wrote:
I'll be the first to admit, I was a Stephano doubter to begin with but after seeing him go toe to toe with code S Koreans time after time, I'm finally converted to Stephano bandwagon :D. Even though he lost, those first 2 games were incredibly impressive, I'm still scratching my head to how Polt took that first game.


Time after time? It's been mostly Polt. He hasn't played any Code S Protosses either.


He's played a Code S protoss (MC), but he's 0-5 against him
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 04:41:18
March 24 2012 04:41 GMT
#6563
On March 24 2012 13:39 Fionn wrote:
I am totally mixing up my Stephano/Polt games. Yeah, he has gone that build before.

Good series once again. Happy that it didn't have to go to the late game where I think Stephano would have won if he was able to macro up like set two.

Sheth/Polt should be good. Pretty sure they faced at Orlando and Polt won 2-0, but who knows? Hope Stephano makes it through the Losers Bracket and faces Polt once more.

He did this exact build(expanding behind it) on tal'darim in the last MSI cup vs stephano
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 24 2012 04:41 GMT
#6564
On March 24 2012 13:40 OopsOopsBaby wrote:
so out of all the korean vs foreigners matches, only sase and huk took their games?

yes
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
March 24 2012 04:41 GMT
#6565
HeavensLight takes a game off of aLive! (According to Liquipedia)
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
March 24 2012 04:41 GMT
#6566
Awwww, saw the MLG videos and when they showed MC doing his Murlock dance made me sad.

Wish MC returned to be THE Protoss to beat instead of ¨one of the best P¨
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
March 24 2012 04:42 GMT
#6567
On March 24 2012 13:40 AxionSteel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:39 Dfgj wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:38 nufcrulz wrote:
Polt is gonna get face crushed by Sheth tomorrow, there's no way he can win like that and not expect retribution from the Starcraft gods, mwahahaha

I think that WAS retribution for how absurdly fast Stephano was teching prior.


That is pretty common for zergs these days vs terran..

Hive completed at 14 minutes?
Straight infestor tech without scouting?

The Starcraft Gods disagree.

(Makes for some damn exciting games though)
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
March 24 2012 04:42 GMT
#6568
On March 24 2012 13:41 Kommander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:39 how2TL wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:37 SupLilSon wrote:
I'll be the first to admit, I was a Stephano doubter to begin with but after seeing him go toe to toe with code S Koreans time after time, I'm finally converted to Stephano bandwagon :D. Even though he lost, those first 2 games were incredibly impressive, I'm still scratching my head to how Polt took that first game.


Time after time? It's been mostly Polt. He hasn't played any Code S Protosses either.


He's played a Code S protoss (MC), but he's 0-5 against him


Out of curiosity how many non PvPs has MC lost to foreigners? I got none off the top of my head.
Bengui
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada775 Posts
March 24 2012 04:42 GMT
#6569
On March 24 2012 13:37 SupLilSon wrote:
I'll be the first to admit, I was a Stephano doubter to begin with but after seeing him go toe to toe with code S Koreans time after time, I'm finally converted to Stephano bandwagon :D. Even though he lost, those first 2 games were incredibly impressive, I'm still scratching my head to how Polt took that first game.

I was/am a Stephano doubter too, because he won't travel to Korea and compete in the GSL
You want the "best foreigner" title ? Go grab it where it matters... It's written in the stars that GomTV will give him a code S seed as soon as he steps off the plane.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 24 2012 04:42 GMT
#6570
On March 24 2012 13:41 Bagration wrote:
HeavensLight takes a game off of aLive! (According to Liquipedia)

Oh shit 1-1. Let's go aLive
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 04:43:19
March 24 2012 04:43 GMT
#6571
On March 24 2012 13:42 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:41 Kommander wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:39 how2TL wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:37 SupLilSon wrote:
I'll be the first to admit, I was a Stephano doubter to begin with but after seeing him go toe to toe with code S Koreans time after time, I'm finally converted to Stephano bandwagon :D. Even though he lost, those first 2 games were incredibly impressive, I'm still scratching my head to how Polt took that first game.


Time after time? It's been mostly Polt. He hasn't played any Code S Protosses either.


He's played a Code S protoss (MC), but he's 0-5 against him


Out of curiosity how many non PvPs has MC lost to foreigners? I got none off the top of my head.


Huk: MLG Orlando and HSC 3
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
blooblooblahblah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4163 Posts
March 24 2012 04:43 GMT
#6572
On March 24 2012 13:40 chosenkerrigan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:35 beamingrobot wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:34 The_Darkness wrote:
Cheese your way to victory Anyway, good call by Polt. If Stephano build roaches he probably holds. These are the risks Stephano bears by not scouting.


That's cheese? WTF.


Because Polt didn't turtle up to 200/200 and wait for Stephano's BL and Stephano is a foreigner and Stephano lost, therefore it makes Polt's build cheese.


That build is cheesy in a lot of ways....

Not that i think there's anything wrong with that, especially since Polt knows Stephano's style so well that a lot of the risks involved with tht build are eliminated.
Ganzi beat me without stim. Ostojiy beat me with a nydus. Siphonn beat me with probes. Revival beat my sentry-immortal all-in.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 24 2012 04:43 GMT
#6573
On March 24 2012 13:42 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:41 Kommander wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:39 how2TL wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:37 SupLilSon wrote:
I'll be the first to admit, I was a Stephano doubter to begin with but after seeing him go toe to toe with code S Koreans time after time, I'm finally converted to Stephano bandwagon :D. Even though he lost, those first 2 games were incredibly impressive, I'm still scratching my head to how Polt took that first game.


Time after time? It's been mostly Polt. He hasn't played any Code S Protosses either.


He's played a Code S protoss (MC), but he's 0-5 against him


Out of curiosity how many non PvPs has MC lost to foreigners? I got none off the top of my head.

2-0 to Idra last year at MLG Columbus but then he 4-0d idra later in the tournament
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
March 24 2012 04:43 GMT
#6574
On March 24 2012 13:43 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:42 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:41 Kommander wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:39 how2TL wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:37 SupLilSon wrote:
I'll be the first to admit, I was a Stephano doubter to begin with but after seeing him go toe to toe with code S Koreans time after time, I'm finally converted to Stephano bandwagon :D. Even though he lost, those first 2 games were incredibly impressive, I'm still scratching my head to how Polt took that first game.


Time after time? It's been mostly Polt. He hasn't played any Code S Protosses either.


He's played a Code S protoss (MC), but he's 0-5 against him


Out of curiosity how many non PvPs has MC lost to foreigners? I got none off the top of my head.


Huk MLG Orlando and HSC 3


non PvP
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 24 2012 04:43 GMT
#6575
So how the fuck is Zerg supposed to beat that? Marauder Hellion is the uber hard counter to Roach Ling.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
March 24 2012 04:43 GMT
#6576
On March 24 2012 13:43 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:42 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:41 Kommander wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:39 how2TL wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:37 SupLilSon wrote:
I'll be the first to admit, I was a Stephano doubter to begin with but after seeing him go toe to toe with code S Koreans time after time, I'm finally converted to Stephano bandwagon :D. Even though he lost, those first 2 games were incredibly impressive, I'm still scratching my head to how Polt took that first game.


Time after time? It's been mostly Polt. He hasn't played any Code S Protosses either.


He's played a Code S protoss (MC), but he's 0-5 against him


Out of curiosity how many non PvPs has MC lost to foreigners? I got none off the top of my head.


Huk: MLG Orlando and HSC 3


He said non PvP....
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
dofz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway98 Posts
March 24 2012 04:43 GMT
#6577
On March 24 2012 13:39 Elean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:37 00Visor wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:36 dofz wrote:
he also lost due to making 5 overlords at 76/76 supply, none of them were started before the hard supply block.

are you sure? a hard supply block is when he has larvae
normally stephano builds overlords right between injects, so it looks like he is supply blocked

Yeah, Stephano does it on purpose, only people who don't understand anything think it's a mistake.


Look at the vod, he was stuck at 76/76 with 5 overlords making at the exact same time for 40+ seconds.

Only people who don't understand anything comment on something that others see and think it's a mistake.
"I'm good at everything" Brett Hull
nufcrulz
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore934 Posts
March 24 2012 04:43 GMT
#6578
On March 24 2012 13:39 Dfgj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:38 nufcrulz wrote:
Polt is gonna get face crushed by Sheth tomorrow, there's no way he can win like that and not expect retribution from the Starcraft gods, mwahahaha

I think that WAS retribution for how absurdly fast Stephano was teching prior.


Well my Jim raynor statue doesn't seem to agree.. Tmr will b awesome, sheth'll take his two bear-like hands and crush Polt like he was made of glass!
blooblooblahblah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4163 Posts
March 24 2012 04:43 GMT
#6579
On March 24 2012 13:43 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:42 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:41 Kommander wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:39 how2TL wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:37 SupLilSon wrote:
I'll be the first to admit, I was a Stephano doubter to begin with but after seeing him go toe to toe with code S Koreans time after time, I'm finally converted to Stephano bandwagon :D. Even though he lost, those first 2 games were incredibly impressive, I'm still scratching my head to how Polt took that first game.


Time after time? It's been mostly Polt. He hasn't played any Code S Protosses either.


He's played a Code S protoss (MC), but he's 0-5 against him


Out of curiosity how many non PvPs has MC lost to foreigners? I got none off the top of my head.


Huk: MLG Orlando and HSC 3


wtf
Ganzi beat me without stim. Ostojiy beat me with a nydus. Siphonn beat me with probes. Revival beat my sentry-immortal all-in.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 24 2012 04:44 GMT
#6580
On March 24 2012 13:43 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 13:43 Bagration wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:42 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:41 Kommander wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:39 how2TL wrote:
On March 24 2012 13:37 SupLilSon wrote:
I'll be the first to admit, I was a Stephano doubter to begin with but after seeing him go toe to toe with code S Koreans time after time, I'm finally converted to Stephano bandwagon :D. Even though he lost, those first 2 games were incredibly impressive, I'm still scratching my head to how Polt took that first game.


Time after time? It's been mostly Polt. He hasn't played any Code S Protosses either.


He's played a Code S protoss (MC), but he's 0-5 against him


Out of curiosity how many non PvPs has MC lost to foreigners? I got none off the top of my head.


Huk MLG Orlando and HSC 3


non PvP

2-0 loss to idra was the only time ever as far as i know
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Prev 1 327 328 329 330 331 344 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 183
ProTech121
Nina 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2147
Shuttle 1102
Snow 89
Dewaltoss 60
Noble 49
Bale 42
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1098
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor557
Other Games
summit1g7735
JimRising 630
C9.Mang0322
PiGStarcraft276
Mew2King215
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 18
• Response 18
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota248
League of Legends
• Lourlo887
• Rush574
• Stunt253
Other Games
• Scarra713
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 41m
OSC
17h 41m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.