• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:22
CEST 12:22
KST 19:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8218 users

lastshadow vs Spades $300 RvR showmatch - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
spacek
Profile Joined June 2010
United States213 Posts
March 12 2012 22:24 GMT
#121
is this happening or not?
yaya
gakkgakk
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Norway902 Posts
March 12 2012 22:31 GMT
#122
I hope it is happening. This is actually the one showmatch I am looking forward to the most. Maybe LastShadow vs DesRow would be even sweeter though.
A timing is a build done by a player you like. An allin is a build done by one you dont. -sOda~
lastshadow
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1372 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 22:44:43
March 12 2012 22:40 GMT
#123
I can't play it, a lot has come up, and about the major(juan) reference or whatever in response to quoting my post it was already stated I asked him to play on the ID while I couldn't play sc2(laptop/other problems, and gm was still open while the problems prohibiting me to be able to play myself came up), he played a few games, attempted to steal money, and didn't live up to his end of the deal of stuff. He never got me into GM, and hardly did anything for me.

Anyhow I'll talk to spades soon about when we can play this, I just have a lot more stuff going on right now.
Patience is a small price to pay for perfection.
Weird
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States832 Posts
March 12 2012 22:50 GMT
#124
The fact that you're being so up front about letting someone else play on your account for you is pretty disturbing...
lastshadow
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1372 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 22:55:14
March 12 2012 22:54 GMT
#125
? Do you know how often this happens amongst Koreans? I couldn't play, GM was still open, Juan was my good friend, we made a deal, he didn't live up to it(and with how he reacted after I completed my end lead to my next step), I cut him off from my friends, and then the blowup happened. It's not disturbing, it happens a lot between Koreans, I literally couldn't play and asked a favor, and he asked one too, hence the deal. I had proven in previous seasons it's not imossible for me to do on my own lol, I just couldn't play.
Patience is a small price to pay for perfection.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
March 12 2012 23:00 GMT
#126
On March 13 2012 07:50 Weird wrote:
The fact that you're being so up front about letting someone else play on your account for you is pretty disturbing...

as opposed to him being evasive and shady...?
Moderatorsloppy little slug
Weird
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States832 Posts
March 12 2012 23:03 GMT
#127
I'm sorry, I guess I come from a different planet, one where you actually earn what you get, not pay someone to get a gold star next to your name so everyone can see it and think that you got it. My apologies, best of luck with your career in the future.
gakkgakk
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Norway902 Posts
March 12 2012 23:09 GMT
#128
On March 13 2012 08:00 intrigue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 07:50 Weird wrote:
The fact that you're being so up front about letting someone else play on your account for you is pretty disturbing...

as opposed to him being evasive and shady...?

Yes. It is good that LastShadow is so upfront, instead of being evasive and shady.

On that note, is there a set date for this showmatch so I can free up my calendar?
A timing is a build done by a player you like. An allin is a build done by one you dont. -sOda~
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
March 13 2012 17:01 GMT
#129
On March 13 2012 08:03 Weird wrote:
I'm sorry, I guess I come from a different planet, one where you actually earn what you get, not pay someone to get a gold star next to your name so everyone can see it and think that you got it. My apologies, best of luck with your career in the future.


He could have achieved it himself, had you read his post. He was unable to due to reasons prohibiting him from playing.

Disappointed this isn't happening, was going to be awesome.
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
March 13 2012 17:04 GMT
#130
On March 13 2012 08:03 Weird wrote:
I'm sorry, I guess I come from a different planet, one where you actually earn what you get, not pay someone to get a gold star next to your name so everyone can see it and think that you got it. My apologies, best of luck with your career in the future.


Because getting into any league is such an amazing achievement. I feel like thanks to school grades being everything you have to achieve from childhood on people care way to much about shit like that. What you should focus on is how good you actually are, and even if mvp would play LS account to rank 1 korean gm, that still wouldn't change anything about his skill, and who the fuck really cares whether he is even in gm, that doesn't mean shit. If ladderrank would actually be a 100% perfect indicator of skill and someone else playing with your account would magically make you better, then please bitch about it, but as it is all it gives you is a high rank which doesn't mean shit.

/rant
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
March 13 2012 18:07 GMT
#131
On March 14 2012 02:04 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 08:03 Weird wrote:
I'm sorry, I guess I come from a different planet, one where you actually earn what you get, not pay someone to get a gold star next to your name so everyone can see it and think that you got it. My apologies, best of luck with your career in the future.


Because getting into any league is such an amazing achievement. I feel like thanks to school grades being everything you have to achieve from childhood on people care way to much about shit like that. What you should focus on is how good you actually are, and even if mvp would play LS account to rank 1 korean gm, that still wouldn't change anything about his skill, and who the fuck really cares whether he is even in gm, that doesn't mean shit. If ladderrank would actually be a 100% perfect indicator of skill and someone else playing with your account would magically make you better, then please bitch about it, but as it is all it gives you is a high rank which doesn't mean shit.

/rant


GM on the Korean server actually means something, afaik.
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
TheFlock
Profile Joined September 2011
United States389 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 19:41:04
March 13 2012 19:30 GMT
#132
I have never heard of lastshadow before now, how is he significant other than training in Korea? Where did he come from?
Maru | DeMusliM | TLO
ProxyPL
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland230 Posts
March 13 2012 19:47 GMT
#133
On March 14 2012 04:30 TheFlock wrote:
I have never heard of lastshadow before now, how is he significant other than training in Korea? Where did he come from?

he played BW but wasn't anyone notable. he was 4th at 1st MLG and i think he stoped playing for some time. then he came back and went to Korea to train.
Proxy is like fire. Fire never dies alone!
SkyMightFall
Profile Joined April 2011
United States7 Posts
March 14 2012 22:40 GMT
#134
Can't play 8-15 games... too busy
89andy
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada192 Posts
March 14 2012 22:45 GMT
#135
On March 15 2012 07:40 SkyMightFall wrote:
Can't play 8-15 games... too busy


what a joke right lol. laughing stock who only knows how to look down on foreigners remains a laughing stock.
scarper65
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1560 Posts
March 14 2012 22:50 GMT
#136
On March 14 2012 04:30 TheFlock wrote:
I have never heard of lastshadow before now, how is he significant other than training in Korea? Where did he come from?

He has given way more back to the community with his very insightful blogs and stream. What significant things has this spades guy done. The only thing I remember his name from is a picture that showed him calling hwansin a "gook"
VPCursed
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
1044 Posts
March 16 2012 00:25 GMT
#137
On March 14 2012 02:01 Jedclark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 08:03 Weird wrote:
I'm sorry, I guess I come from a different planet, one where you actually earn what you get, not pay someone to get a gold star next to your name so everyone can see it and think that you got it. My apologies, best of luck with your career in the future.


He could have achieved it himself, had you read his post. He was unable to due to reasons prohibiting him from playing.

Disappointed this isn't happening, was going to be awesome.

Until hes proved he can do it, this kind of justification doesn't work.
MayorITC
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Korea (South)798 Posts
March 16 2012 10:15 GMT
#138
On March 15 2012 07:50 scarper65 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 04:30 TheFlock wrote:
I have never heard of lastshadow before now, how is he significant other than training in Korea? Where did he come from?

He has given way more back to the community with his very insightful blogs and stream. What significant things has this spades guy done. The only thing I remember his name from is a picture that showed him calling hwansin a "gook"


Actually, Spades and Lastshadow are both infamous from their BW days. I'm sure a lot of TL veterans appreciate the humor behind this show match.

Anyway, Spades fighting!

[image loading]
gakkgakk
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Norway902 Posts
March 26 2012 21:47 GMT
#139
So any updates on this?
A timing is a build done by a player you like. An allin is a build done by one you dont. -sOda~
AngelOvUriel
Profile Joined April 2011
Cuba91 Posts
April 27 2012 05:30 GMT
#140
haha is this happening? bo10 maybe better
ReaL | MC | NonY | HerO | Jangbi | Stork | Bisu | EffOrt | FBH | Hiya
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings102
CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
SHIN 29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 227
ByuN 141
SHIN 29
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25673
Calm 10108
Rain 3147
soO 820
BeSt 489
Stork 396
FanTaSy 374
Soma 357
Soulkey 336
Rush 282
[ Show more ]
firebathero 259
Bisu 243
Barracks 119
Last 69
Mind 65
Shinee 48
Killer 36
Pusan 35
Sexy 35
Light 28
ToSsGirL 23
Sharp 23
HiyA 20
Terrorterran 19
hero 18
Shine 18
sorry 17
Hm[arnc] 15
yabsab 15
Sacsri 14
zelot 13
Trap 12
Noble 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5296
League of Legends
JimRising 398
Reynor9
Counter-Strike
byalli4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Other Games
gofns33560
singsing1656
Pyrionflax248
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 72
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV308
League of Legends
• Jankos3059
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 38m
OSC
12h 38m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.