• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:50
CEST 14:50
KST 21:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8056 users

[NASTL] Empire vs Liquid - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Brootalbro
Profile Joined February 2012
Korea (South)105 Posts
February 19 2012 07:46 GMT
#141
God I keep confusing Empire Happy with IM. Oh well. NT to Empire. Those were some good games.
If I tell you the truth you'll vie for a lie. If I spilt my guts, it would make a mess we can't clean up. Say you'll never leave me 'cause I need you so much. I can't live with myself so stay with me tonight.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
February 19 2012 07:55 GMT
#142
On February 19 2012 13:24 Hall0wed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 13:14 tree.hugger wrote:
On February 19 2012 12:54 Hall0wed wrote:
On February 19 2012 12:49 naux wrote:
cant believe people thought empire was gonna win LOL


Common problem with foreign fans thinking foreign players are much better than they actually are. >_<

Nah, Empire is dope. Nobody should ever undersell Empire, I think they're a fantastic team and I enjoyed making fun of Happy with them at Dreamhack a ton. Same with RoX.KIS last week, btw. Both are great squads with a good future ahead, imo.


Yeah I agree I like Empire but you didn't read my other post. It seems like Liquid was the one being sold short here, atleast by the people that initially voted/posted.

But I still think way too many foreign fans overhype foreign players. Like the poll for the IPL BO9 between Hero and Thorzain should not be that close I think, and at one point before the match Thorzain was actually leading in the poll. It is just kind of silly at this point I think.

HerO had beaten ThorZaIN only once before tonight. I think ThorZaIN totally deserved to be considered even here.

Frankly, I love ThorZaIN, his mechanics are good, but they don't blow you away, his strategies were stunning in TSL3, but they've been fairly orthodox since. But ThorZaIN is just so smart. Game two, not a good game overall from him, but he had one moment chasing HerO's high templars, and he targets each individually to slow them all down, instead of focusing one. So instead, where he maybe would've gotten one templar, he got two because of just a little micro trick. I love the decisions ThorZaIN makes, I love how he plays the game. Sometimes he underperforms, but he never ever sucks. Great player, imo. Maybe my favorite non-Liquid` player.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
February 19 2012 08:00 GMT
#143
HerO conquering his PvT?!
sickle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
New Zealand656 Posts
February 19 2012 08:16 GMT
#144
Bad idea to send in Violet for ace. Should have used Kas or Happy, Empire woulda won then.
MrMercuG
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands2389 Posts
February 19 2012 08:26 GMT
#145
HerO beating Kas, and ViOlet? Good stuff!!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
February 19 2012 08:28 GMT
#146
Oh goodness gracious. HerO starting to look more .... ehem.... solid rather than liquid.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 09:38:21
February 19 2012 09:28 GMT
#147
On February 19 2012 13:24 Hall0wed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 13:14 tree.hugger wrote:
On February 19 2012 12:54 Hall0wed wrote:
On February 19 2012 12:49 naux wrote:
cant believe people thought empire was gonna win LOL


Common problem with foreign fans thinking foreign players are much better than they actually are. >_<

Nah, Empire is dope. Nobody should ever undersell Empire, I think they're a fantastic team and I enjoyed making fun of Happy with them at Dreamhack a ton. Same with RoX.KIS last week, btw. Both are great squads with a good future ahead, imo.


Yeah I agree I like Empire but you didn't read my other post. It seems like Liquid was the one being sold short here, atleast by the people that initially voted/posted.

But I still think way too many foreign fans overhype foreign players. Like the poll for the IPL BO9 between Hero and Thorzain should not be that close I think, and at one point before the match Thorzain was actually leading in the poll. It is just kind of silly at this point I think.


The hype really goes both ways. It's not so much hype, it's more like trends that people keep believing in for a long time. Believing that no foreigner will ever beat a Korean is just as bad really - speaking of IPL BO9s, people were saying the same for Sheth vs Ryung and Mana vs Ganzi, both of which ended up VERY convincingly in favor of the presumed "underdog". Similar scenario was with HerO vs Jjakji. Or TLO vs Prime.

The problem is that people don't really pay much attention to the level of play itself, and never make educated guesses when they're predicting the outcome. Majority of people either doesn't watch or doesn't understand Starcraft (or both) and just relies on some imaginary flowchart that tells them who should win based on recent results and some made-up laws that don't exist in reality.

I'm talking about posts / comments, mostly. Polls are irrelevant, people vote the player/team they want to win. I've never voted a non-Liquid player against a Liquid player in a poll for example, even if I didn't really favor him to win the game. I voted for Quantic's B team with flo to win against FXO too.
sVnteen
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2238 Posts
February 19 2012 11:02 GMT
#148
i think it would have been sick if aristeo had just 10 pool mass speedling all-ined for the win XD

would have been really good teamplay imo

and sooo sad that empire didn't send out beasty instead of aristeo
he must have been unavailable since his TvZ is one of the best in Europe and he would have had a really good chance vs Zenio
MY LIFE STARTS NOW ♥
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
February 19 2012 13:36 GMT
#149
wow.
herO is playing so well this last couple of weeks.
gsl, ipl fight club, team games...very nice =)
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
February 19 2012 13:56 GMT
#150
On February 19 2012 16:55 tree.hugger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 13:24 Hall0wed wrote:
On February 19 2012 13:14 tree.hugger wrote:
On February 19 2012 12:54 Hall0wed wrote:
On February 19 2012 12:49 naux wrote:
cant believe people thought empire was gonna win LOL


Common problem with foreign fans thinking foreign players are much better than they actually are. >_<

Nah, Empire is dope. Nobody should ever undersell Empire, I think they're a fantastic team and I enjoyed making fun of Happy with them at Dreamhack a ton. Same with RoX.KIS last week, btw. Both are great squads with a good future ahead, imo.


Yeah I agree I like Empire but you didn't read my other post. It seems like Liquid was the one being sold short here, atleast by the people that initially voted/posted.

But I still think way too many foreign fans overhype foreign players. Like the poll for the IPL BO9 between Hero and Thorzain should not be that close I think, and at one point before the match Thorzain was actually leading in the poll. It is just kind of silly at this point I think.

HerO had beaten ThorZaIN only once before tonight. I think ThorZaIN totally deserved to be considered even here.

Frankly, I love ThorZaIN, his mechanics are good, but they don't blow you away, his strategies were stunning in TSL3, but they've been fairly orthodox since. But ThorZaIN is just so smart. Game two, not a good game overall from him, but he had one moment chasing HerO's high templars, and he targets each individually to slow them all down, instead of focusing one. So instead, where he maybe would've gotten one templar, he got two because of just a little micro trick. I love the decisions ThorZaIN makes, I love how he plays the game. Sometimes he underperforms, but he never ever sucks. Great player, imo. Maybe my favorite non-Liquid` player.

I knew there was a reason I like you Empire had a great chance here, with Mouz and EG under performing in team leagues they've put themselves in contention as top 2 foreigner team.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Micket
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2163 Posts
February 19 2012 15:26 GMT
#151
Liquid are sooooo beast in this format. They really shine as a team in this aspect. Once they patch their Terran weakness, they are probably the best foreign team in this format.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
February 19 2012 15:42 GMT
#152
TL needs one more solid Terran. I am pretty sure Jinro will come back to the scene and dominate once more. But inbetween that time TL could use a good foreign Terran.

Hard to find one though.
I had a good night of sleep.
thepuppyassassin
Profile Joined April 2011
900 Posts
February 19 2012 15:43 GMT
#153
Finally I have returned!!!

Congrats to Liquid! I want more nony!
RolleMcKnolle
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany1054 Posts
February 19 2012 15:46 GMT
#154
baaaaam oida! liquid beste! I just love u hero
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
February 19 2012 16:51 GMT
#155
On February 19 2012 07:55 JustPassingBy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 07:47 ydeer1993 wrote:
On February 19 2012 06:24 Ruscour wrote:
viOLet > Sheth
Kas > HerO
Happy < Jinro
Aristeo < Zenio

I dunno who they'll play for the ace match, but Empire will win it.



think you hit the nail on the head with that prediction, hopefully its Violet v Hero epic ace match, but i think empire will win 3-2 unfortunetly


To be honest, I give Happy the upper edge against Jinro. Have you seen his (I mean Happy's) latest accomplishments?
I am counting five gold medals just in 2012, and if you allow the last five days of december, then it goes up to seven.
Sure, they might not be the most prestigrious tournaments, however they show what a consistent top player Happy is.

edit: my prediction:

violet > sheth
kas ?? hero
happy > jinro
aristeo < zenio


Hey, I nailed it! Expect the Kas <-> Hero match, though. ^^"
But wasn't that hard to call anyways.

When is the restream due? According to the thread it should've started 50min ago, but the event schedules says in another 70min. Well, doesn't matter anyways now, now that I know the result.
ThatGuy89
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1968 Posts
February 19 2012 17:10 GMT
#156
+ Show Spoiler +
hero beat kas, every other result is as expected which unfortunately ended in a TL win
Heweree
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom497 Posts
February 19 2012 18:55 GMT
#157
On February 19 2012 04:33 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Jinro's TvT is his best match-up from what I've seen.

I think Jinro takes down Happy pretty easily (but I'm not sure how the ear damage has affected his play)



Lol, there are not at the same level at all. Happy is soooo underrated, he recently took down Puma is a long macro game.
Happy is on the same level as Kas imo, he just doesn't do qualifiers for tourneys and therefor doesn't do tourneys.

In europe, on their current level, I would say Kas=Happy > Thorzain > Beastyqt > DeMu > Bratok > Naama > Jinro > Sjow

Happy and Beasty being heavily underrated.
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
February 19 2012 19:30 GMT
#158
Getting close for mouz. I don't expect them to win their upcoming match against FXO, but I seriously hope that they can win enough games to keep a nice cushion in score difference in front of reign (currently they have a cushion of 4 games).
Cush
Profile Joined September 2010
United States646 Posts
February 19 2012 19:49 GMT
#159
On February 20 2012 03:55 TanTzoR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 04:33 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Jinro's TvT is his best match-up from what I've seen.

I think Jinro takes down Happy pretty easily (but I'm not sure how the ear damage has affected his play)



Lol, there are not at the same level at all. Happy is soooo underrated, he recently took down Puma is a long macro game.
Happy is on the same level as Kas imo, he just doesn't do qualifiers for tourneys and therefor doesn't do tourneys.

In europe, on their current level, I would say Kas=Happy > Thorzain > Beastyqt > DeMu > Bratok > Naama > Jinro > Sjow

Happy and Beasty being heavily underrated.

No Ret???
"That's not your main base Stardust.....Stardust.....that's not your main" Sayle
Fighter
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1531 Posts
February 19 2012 19:57 GMT
#160
On February 20 2012 04:49 Cush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 03:55 TanTzoR wrote:
On February 19 2012 04:33 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Jinro's TvT is his best match-up from what I've seen.

I think Jinro takes down Happy pretty easily (but I'm not sure how the ear damage has affected his play)



Lol, there are not at the same level at all. Happy is soooo underrated, he recently took down Puma is a long macro game.
Happy is on the same level as Kas imo, he just doesn't do qualifiers for tourneys and therefor doesn't do tourneys.

In europe, on their current level, I would say Kas=Happy > Thorzain > Beastyqt > DeMu > Bratok > Naama > Jinro > Sjow

Happy and Beasty being heavily underrated.

No Ret???


He's talking about European Terrans.
For Aiur???
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings167
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4872
Jaedong 3987
Leta 2060
EffOrt 744
Horang2 496
BeSt 401
Soma 398
Mini 295
Rush 254
Stork 229
[ Show more ]
Killer 220
Light 179
Barracks 138
Zeus 129
Pusan 118
Snow 114
Larva 112
ggaemo 111
Sea.KH 64
JYJ 53
Mong 52
hero 44
HiyA 44
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 34
Sharp 33
Shinee 23
sorry 22
Sexy 16
Aegong 15
zelot 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 8
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6916
Dendi675
XaKoH 513
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_96
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3782
Other Games
gofns44488
singsing1623
olofmeister1283
B2W.Neo715
byalli535
Lowko345
Livibee192
DeMusliM131
OGKoka 103
ArmadaUGS86
mouzStarbuck39
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV469
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream230
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 10m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.