• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:21
CEST 17:21
KST 00:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9304 users

FXOpen Invitational Series - Day 8 - FINALS - Page 9

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
February 13 2012 09:49 GMT
#161
On February 13 2012 18:48 eYeball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 18:46 Zdrastochye wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:44 Conquest101 wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/hQHYS

Last few months have actually been pretty even.

March -> October is lol.


I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


I think it was in May that MC won?


He's talking about when Puzzle won Code A. The last time protoss won Code S was GSL March.

I'm slightly ashamed I am participating in this off topic balance whine discussion.
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 09:50:55
February 13 2012 09:49 GMT
#162
On February 13 2012 18:48 eYeball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 18:46 Zdrastochye wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:44 Conquest101 wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/hQHYS

Last few months have actually been pretty even.

March -> October is lol.


I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


I think it was in May that MC won?


March 19th.


On February 13 2012 18:49 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 18:48 eYeball wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:46 Zdrastochye wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:44 Conquest101 wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/hQHYS

Last few months have actually been pretty even.

March -> October is lol.


I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


I think it was in May that MC won?


He's talking about when Puzzle won Code A. The last time protoss won Code S was GSL March.

I'm slightly ashamed I am participating in this off topic balance whine discussion.


I don't really consider myself balance whining. But I would like a SOMEWHAT even distribution of GSL wins between races. At least more than 1 champion of a certain race for an entire year, that's all.
Hey! How you doin'?
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
February 13 2012 09:51 GMT
#163
On February 13 2012 18:48 eYeball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 18:46 Zdrastochye wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:44 Conquest101 wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/hQHYS

Last few months have actually been pretty even.

March -> October is lol.


I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


I think it was in May that MC won?


March. Nestea owned Inca in May.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
February 13 2012 09:52 GMT
#164
On February 13 2012 18:49 Zdrastochye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 18:48 eYeball wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:46 Zdrastochye wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:44 Conquest101 wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/hQHYS

Last few months have actually been pretty even.

March -> October is lol.


I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


I think it was in May that MC won?


March 19th.


Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 18:49 Dodgin wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:48 eYeball wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:46 Zdrastochye wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:44 Conquest101 wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/hQHYS

Last few months have actually been pretty even.

March -> October is lol.


I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


I think it was in May that MC won?


He's talking about when Puzzle won Code A. The last time protoss won Code S was GSL March.

I'm slightly ashamed I am participating in this off topic balance whine discussion.


I don't really consider myself balance whining. But I would like a SOMEWHAT even distribution of GSL wins between races. At least more than 1 champion of a certain race for an entire year, that's all.


While that would be nice, there's only going to be 5 Code S tournament this year so that's impossible =p
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 09:53:17
February 13 2012 09:52 GMT
#165
two base all in. same one that nestea did vs MVP on entombed valley in Ro32
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
February 13 2012 09:53 GMT
#166
I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


Actually, I think it was March with MC... But I think just looking at winners can be misleading because 1 or 2 dominate players can skew results. I think looking at Top 4 or 8 is probably slightly better. For the 2nd half of 2011, it was obvious Terran dominance. I think it had a lot to do with the 1-1-1 and early ghosts. With both of these not as effectively now, it shows there might be some issues with late game TvP. Maybe terrans need to innovate or maybe some changes are needed. Also realize the map pool and the gold mine nerf also made terrans weaker. There are more maps which are easier to hold 3 bases.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
February 13 2012 09:54 GMT
#167
What a scrappy attack, not sure who is ahead at this point.
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 09:56:51
February 13 2012 09:55 GMT
#168
On February 13 2012 18:52 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 18:49 Zdrastochye wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:48 eYeball wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:46 Zdrastochye wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:44 Conquest101 wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/hQHYS

Last few months have actually been pretty even.

March -> October is lol.


I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


I think it was in May that MC won?


March 19th.


On February 13 2012 18:49 Dodgin wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:48 eYeball wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:46 Zdrastochye wrote:
On February 13 2012 18:44 Conquest101 wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/hQHYS

Last few months have actually been pretty even.

March -> October is lol.


I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


I think it was in May that MC won?


He's talking about when Puzzle won Code A. The last time protoss won Code S was GSL March.

I'm slightly ashamed I am participating in this off topic balance whine discussion.


I don't really consider myself balance whining. But I would like a SOMEWHAT even distribution of GSL wins between races. At least more than 1 champion of a certain race for an entire year, that's all.


While that would be nice, there's only going to be 5 Code S tournament this year so that's impossible =p


Well I'd be fine with 1 champ if it's 1/5, which is slightly better than 1/7.

On February 13 2012 18:53 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
I agree it's been pretty even, but not in winning the GSL. It's like BW all over again. Winrates are fine and all, but last time a Protoss won a GSL tourney (highest level of play, no?) was in June.


Actually, I think it was March with MC... But I think just looking at winners can be misleading because 1 or 2 dominate players can skew results. I think looking at Top 4 or 8 is probably slightly better. For the 2nd half of 2011, it was obvious Terran dominance. I think it had a lot to do with the 1-1-1 and early ghosts. With both of these not as effectively now, it shows there might be some issues with late game TvP. Maybe terrans need to innovate or maybe some changes are needed. Also realize the map pool and the gold mine nerf also made terrans weaker. There are more maps which are easier to hold 3 bases.


I'm talking about Puzzle winning code A, and really I only argued that because if I said march some raving Terran would point out that Puzzle won code A in June.
Hey! How you doin'?
R!!
Profile Joined November 2011
Brazil938 Posts
February 13 2012 09:57 GMT
#169
I am pretty sure I saw MVP using that thor cuteness before.
I like the part where sense is considered a common, settled thing.
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
February 13 2012 10:00 GMT
#170
I think that counter was worth it. There was no way DRG's army could've beat the Terran's and that counter bought him enough time to get Infestors and Ultras out.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
February 13 2012 10:01 GMT
#171
That EMP was SICK
DaPyro
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Serbia131 Posts
February 13 2012 10:01 GMT
#172
wow that engagement made me sad
Drone so hard motherfuckers wanna fine me. Whats 50k minerals to a nigga like me? can you please remind me
WigglingSquid
Profile Joined August 2011
5194 Posts
February 13 2012 10:02 GMT
#173
Jjakji is playing a very passive game. No drops at all.
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
February 13 2012 10:02 GMT
#174
On February 13 2012 19:02 WigglingSquid wrote:
Jjakji is playing a very passive game. No drops at all.

Theres no need to on antiga when the zerg goes mutas. Its pretty hard to drop vs a zerg who plays mutas correctly
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
February 13 2012 10:03 GMT
#175
I continue my dislike of Ultralisks. I feel like more zergs should use them like how protoss uses collossi, once they tech to something to counter them (mauraders) switch to BLs or back to mutas or something.
Hey! How you doin'?
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
February 13 2012 10:04 GMT
#176
Why does DRG keep A-moving his army into a fortified terran position backed by a PF?
DaPyro
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Serbia131 Posts
February 13 2012 10:04 GMT
#177
On February 13 2012 19:03 Zdrastochye wrote:
I continue my dislike of Ultralisks. I feel like more zergs should use them like how protoss uses collossi, once they tech to something to counter them (mauraders) switch to BLs or back to mutas or something.

that is the stupidest analogy ive ever heard.
Drone so hard motherfuckers wanna fine me. Whats 50k minerals to a nigga like me? can you please remind me
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
February 13 2012 10:05 GMT
#178
On February 13 2012 19:04 DaPyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 19:03 Zdrastochye wrote:
I continue my dislike of Ultralisks. I feel like more zergs should use them like how protoss uses collossi, once they tech to something to counter them (mauraders) switch to BLs or back to mutas or something.

that is the stupidest analogy ive ever heard.


Lol why? It's spot on.

neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 13 2012 10:05 GMT
#179
yea...
that game was a terrible time to go ultrabanes
when there are like 15 tanks out, you do not use ultras...just that simple.
moo...for DRG
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
February 13 2012 10:05 GMT
#180
why attack from one angle only with ultralisks? When you have 9 ultras you probably shouldn't have more than 3-4 in one spot every, so have a bunch of them come from the other side in a flank.

DRG was pretty far behind all game long after his first failed attack, but he still could have made more out of the ultralisk push.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem195
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 195
Railgan 88
IndyStarCraft 73
trigger 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53488
Shuttle 7712
BeSt 785
Horang2 492
actioN 263
Larva 209
Sexy 200
ggaemo 155
Soma 148
Last 115
[ Show more ]
Mind 102
Zeus 78
Sea.KH 58
hero 57
Hyun 55
Aegong 49
Killer 47
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 26
PianO 23
Rock 16
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4862
qojqva2774
Dendi1458
420jenkins457
Fuzer 120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3468
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1228
Liquid`Hasu762
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing1004
B2W.Neo880
Beastyqt637
Mlord462
byalli386
Livibee245
ArmadaUGS200
Hui .192
KnowMe107
QueenE86
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 31
Chillindude23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick796
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream56
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 56
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2917
League of Legends
• Nemesis2843
Other Games
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 39m
Replay Cast
7h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 39m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.