• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:58
CEST 19:58
KST 02:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6318 users

[GSL] Blizzard Cup Grand Finals - Page 486

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 484 485 486 487 488 495 Next
dCc
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada86 Posts
December 17 2011 21:51 GMT
#9701

They need to revoke the best match of the year award and give it to MMA/DRG for that game 7. I had no idea who was going to win until the end. I am so glad that I stayed up until 5AM to watch it.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
December 17 2011 21:51 GMT
#9702
I had to go to sleep and I missed the last 4 games ;__;.
Aegeis
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1619 Posts
December 17 2011 21:55 GMT
#9703
I just bought the blizzcon cup season pass JUST for this series. HOLY SHIT GAME 7
"Skills to pay the bills" - Artosis, https://twitter.com/AegeisSC2 ,http://www.tumblr.com/blog/socal-esports
Fischbacher
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada666 Posts
December 17 2011 21:56 GMT
#9704
On December 18 2011 02:48 andaylin wrote:still haven't watched jjakji vs leenock yet cause of finals right now haha, but should i buy a blizzcup ticket just for MMA vs DRG?


No. You should buy a Blizzard Cup ticket just for MMA vs DRG game 7.
Pratoss
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada201 Posts
December 17 2011 21:57 GMT
#9705
FML why did i sleep when MMA was up 3-0

SpecFire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1681 Posts
December 17 2011 22:11 GMT
#9706
GREATEST. SERIES. EVER.

GAME 7. GREATEST. GAME. EVER
•|SlayerS_MMA| • Ryung • Fin • Puzzle •
wOrD yO
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 22:17:45
December 17 2011 22:17 GMT
#9707
Im not sure, Jjkaji vs Leenock was fucking sweet! Just because I thought it would be a walkover for Leenock and Jjakji was just a sick nerd baller, this MMA vs DRG. Great final game! And some of those roach/bane drops make me cringe! haha

this is why you buy the VODs :D
wOrD.339
ChuCky.Ca
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada2497 Posts
December 17 2011 22:20 GMT
#9708
Blizzcon GSL Finals to GSL October to Blizzard cup it's official the curse of bad GSL finals is over
Most Skilled Current esport Games Scbw>Sc2>Cs1.6>Dota2>Hon>Loopin Louie The Drinking Game>LoL
aviator116
Profile Joined November 2011
United States820 Posts
December 17 2011 22:21 GMT
#9709
GREATEST SERIES EVER!! THE CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN!
Bogus ST_Life IMMVP
Gutrot
Profile Joined August 2010
122 Posts
December 17 2011 22:22 GMT
#9710
Based on all the reviews here I purchased the pass so I could watch the series. Holy shit. DRG really has come so far. Epic series.
SkimGuy
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada709 Posts
December 17 2011 22:28 GMT
#9711
Is the first game free or do you have to pay for everything? If it's the latter, then forget it xd
Accidentus
Profile Joined October 2010
59 Posts
December 17 2011 22:30 GMT
#9712
I want all the broodwar elitists to watch that series and tell me it wasn't AMAZING.
SgtPepper
Profile Joined November 2010
United States568 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 22:38:52
December 17 2011 22:36 GMT
#9713
Holy shit, what an epic final! These two have THE best Sc2 rivalry, always great games.

MMA fighting!!! Son of the Emperor, time to start claiming his prizes.

EDIT: DRG almost turning out to be MMA's Yellow. I'm a MMA fan but both of these players deserve big wins.
"After I reconquer Ba Sing Se, I'm going to reconquer my tea shop! And I'm going to play Pai Sho every day."
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 22:40:52
December 17 2011 22:37 GMT
#9714
Just finished watching--amazing series! I was worried after the first few this was going to be another boring finals, but this was amazing! Best of luck to MMA, DRG, and GOM in 2012!

I do feel bad for DRG though. Last game it's really hard to go for an all-in and I don't think I've seen zerg win a long game on that match, it always ends something like that.
ContactKilla
Profile Joined December 2010
United States194 Posts
December 17 2011 22:38 GMT
#9715
Best series. I am so happy for MMA but i felt so bad just looking at DRG face during the end game interview
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 22:39:38
December 17 2011 22:39 GMT
#9716
On December 18 2011 07:28 SkimGuy wrote:
Is the first game free or do you have to pay for everything? If it's the latter, then forget it xd


I would say the group play wasn't amazing, but the semis and finals were insane. $10 is a lot for a weeklong tournament but I'm not regretting it.
Share_The_Land
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 22:53:14
December 17 2011 22:44 GMT
#9717
On December 18 2011 06:45 ControlMonkey wrote:
Guess who went to sleep when it was 3-0 MMA?

This guy.

Glad I didn't check the results before watching the VODs.


Did the EXACT same thing, I was listening to the start of game 4 also and thought DRG was fucked so I passed out, then when I checked the results I was like "Ok fuck that I'm watching upto game 7 and not spoiling the last one!" Amazing series I can't even describe!

Edit: Ok what the SHIT is that game 7 about!? I posted this before it was at the very end, won't do that again! Without a doubt the most INSANE game I have ever seen, props to both players for performing like gods.
"Turns out he's a former Counterstrike pro and grabs his ak!" - Tasteless
lee4767
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)4 Posts
December 17 2011 22:45 GMT
#9718
great game! thanks to two gamer, mma and dongraegu.
I was impressed through the game. Game fan should see this game. No regret!
hi
jaebigdong
Profile Joined January 2011
87 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 22:49:49
December 17 2011 22:49 GMT
#9719
when i woke up this morning, this match was the first thing i thought about. first time that's ever happened and i've watched every GSL.
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
December 17 2011 22:55 GMT
#9720
Amazing series. It didn't feel as high-level and crisp as Leenock/Jjakji, but it was as entertaining if not more.
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Prev 1 484 485 486 487 488 495 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM750
TKL 350
TaKeTV 300
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 750
TKL 350
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 141
ProTech138
BRAT_OK 121
UpATreeSC 80
MindelVK 21
EmSc Tv 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 812
Mini 404
ggaemo 176
firebathero 161
White-Ra 102
910 52
Shinee 48
Barracks 48
Hyun 45
Shine 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 27
Killer 25
Trap 23
ToSsGirL 20
soO 16
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4085
Counter-Strike
Fnx 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5579
crisheroes1596
Liquid`Hasu1299
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2927
singsing1639
B2W.Neo790
ceh9634
Beastyqt627
ArmadaUGS168
C9.Mang0135
Dewaltoss57
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream496
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 15
EmSc2Tv 15
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile112
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• 80smullet 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2558
• TFBlade866
Other Games
• Shiphtur275
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 2m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.