• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:26
CEST 18:26
KST 01:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13063 users

Arizona August Open 8-21-2011 - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Temprament
Profile Joined August 2010
United States9 Posts
August 15 2011 04:21 GMT
#41
Gandair! Theres a hella good chance ill take you up on four peaks this time!!! =P
Just marine spam... Lawl
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
August 15 2011 04:25 GMT
#42
On August 15 2011 09:43 Xanthyz wrote:
I'm up in Scottsdale, and while I'm only in the Silver league, I'm really interested in getting better and entering tournaments. Assuming I can make enough time to head down to this, anyone have any advice as to whether it'd be worth me entering? I'd hate to spend the money just to find out that I'd just receive a sound beating and not gain much, and am wondering if simply spectating would be best.

Thanks



its def worth the money man, go to have fun. unlike most tournaments, because its a swiss style you get to play at minimum 4 best of 3's. vs players of all skills.


theres people of all skill levels :-) and prizes for players who are below masters and diamond
Karhock
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3 Posts
August 15 2011 04:37 GMT
#43
Karhock.830
silver
protoss

looking forward to seeing everyone again!
piroko139
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States261 Posts
August 15 2011 05:34 GMT
#44
On August 15 2011 07:48 VATO_Gandair wrote:
Machine, Temprament, and PhiliBiRD... I just need Piro and DeMuslim to show up and all my favorite players are there.


Sorry, likely not going to be able to make it. Work is work.
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
August 15 2011 05:49 GMT
#45
Its always worth it!! Support the community even if you don't think you'll do well. I never have any illusions on my game (I sucks arse) But I have a ton of fun just being around others who love this game.

What better way to improve your gameplay by asking questions and watching better players play live is eye opening. (not as much in SC2 as in BW imo)

Also Rag you can drive up with me If your down you know how I do!! Screw the money part come hang out.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
SuitGuy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States186 Posts
August 15 2011 07:39 GMT
#46
On August 15 2011 13:25 PhiliBiRD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 09:43 Xanthyz wrote:
I'm up in Scottsdale, and while I'm only in the Silver league, I'm really interested in getting better and entering tournaments. Assuming I can make enough time to head down to this, anyone have any advice as to whether it'd be worth me entering? I'd hate to spend the money just to find out that I'd just receive a sound beating and not gain much, and am wondering if simply spectating would be best.

Thanks



its def worth the money man, go to have fun. unlike most tournaments, because its a swiss style you get to play at minimum 4 best of 3's. vs players of all skills.


theres people of all skill levels :-) and prizes for players who are below masters and diamond



The format has changed from Swiss to group play round robin, but same principle applies, you'll get plenty of games and get to converse with other players about your games. You'll get to meet some pros and have a good time.
Suitin' it up 24/7
sLayed
Profile Joined August 2010
United States11 Posts
August 15 2011 11:52 GMT
#47
I'd like to participate in this, it seems like SO MUCH fun and a nice place.

I live in Tempe right now, but I have no idea how I'm going to get there without a car. I just moved here so I don't know anyone either. Any advice / help would be great in a PM.

NA server: ShowTheLove
Masters on EU, Diamond NA because I've been trying T out.
Will be playing Zerg
FT.aCt)Sony
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1049 Posts
August 15 2011 13:08 GMT
#48
On August 15 2011 20:52 sLayed wrote:
I'd like to participate in this, it seems like SO MUCH fun and a nice place.

I live in Tempe right now, but I have no idea how I'm going to get there without a car. I just moved here so I don't know anyone either. Any advice / help would be great in a PM.

NA server: ShowTheLove
Masters on EU, Diamond NA because I've been trying T out.
Will be playing Zerg


Don't pull over and ask for directions from any female types holding a styrofoam cup by the fingers. They are prostitutes. Just relaying information from what I was told.

In all seriousness, attend the events, meet some people, have a good time and don't look back.
SuitGuy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States186 Posts
August 15 2011 20:17 GMT
#49
On August 15 2011 20:52 sLayed wrote:
I'd like to participate in this, it seems like SO MUCH fun and a nice place.

I live in Tempe right now, but I have no idea how I'm going to get there without a car. I just moved here so I don't know anyone either. Any advice / help would be great in a PM.

NA server: ShowTheLove
Masters on EU, Diamond NA because I've been trying T out.
Will be playing Zerg


What is your EU information? and character code for NA?
Suitin' it up 24/7
Sans_Serif
Profile Joined April 2011
United States11 Posts
August 16 2011 04:50 GMT
#50
Has this been posted to the tournament tracker?
For the love of god please counter me.
Virum
Profile Joined June 2011
United States74 Posts
August 16 2011 14:25 GMT
#51
Why the change in format? Personally i prefer the swiss system, games get easier for people who suck ;p
SuitGuy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States186 Posts
August 16 2011 14:43 GMT
#52
On August 16 2011 23:25 Virum wrote:
Why the change in format? Personally i prefer the swiss system, games get easier for people who suck ;p


The bigger the tournament gets the more rounds you require to get an accurate top X (6,8,16). Groups cause far less confusion overall (I don't have to constantly explain the format, despite linking information about the format that anyone can easily read). I can add in more matches per person because I can keep groups moving faster than swiss and get everyone involved more games to play.
Suitin' it up 24/7
LeglessPuppy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States190 Posts
August 16 2011 20:53 GMT
#53
If it was on Saturday I could have likely been able to go but I have no ride out there or back on Sunday (as it stands now anyway). I havent been able to go since the May one
SuitGuy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States186 Posts
August 16 2011 22:18 GMT
#54
On August 17 2011 05:53 LeglessPuppy wrote:
If it was on Saturday I could have likely been able to go but I have no ride out there or back on Sunday (as it stands now anyway). I havent been able to go since the May one


There may be people coming from the westside. Post here earlier looking for a ride dude so you can try to grab one.
Suitin' it up 24/7
SuitGuy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States186 Posts
August 16 2011 22:58 GMT
#55
On August 16 2011 13:50 Sans_Serif wrote:
Has this been posted to the tournament tracker?


It has
Suitin' it up 24/7
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
August 18 2011 01:31 GMT
#56
On August 17 2011 05:53 LeglessPuppy wrote:
If it was on Saturday I could have likely been able to go but I have no ride out there or back on Sunday (as it stands now anyway). I havent been able to go since the May one


Where you at? Always post if you need a ride, its pretty common to have someone be nice enough to give people a life. Naturally give em some gas money to make up for it :-)
TaCo123
Profile Joined July 2011
Mexico7 Posts
August 18 2011 07:35 GMT
#57
SCDTaCo.907
Masters
Zerg

Can we hook up our own mouses and keyboards here?
Qwann
Profile Joined May 2011
United States28 Posts
August 18 2011 11:57 GMT
#58
On August 18 2011 16:35 TaCo123 wrote:


Can we hook up our own mouses and keyboards here?


Yup. Sure can.
Get Qwanned!
Xanthyz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States42 Posts
August 18 2011 16:27 GMT
#59
If it's not too late to sign up, count me in.

Xanthyz.264
Silver
Terran
SuitGuy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States186 Posts
August 18 2011 18:58 GMT
#60
On August 19 2011 01:27 Xanthyz wrote:
If it's not too late to sign up, count me in.

Xanthyz.264
Silver
Terran


See ya there.
Suitin' it up 24/7
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM742
TKL 343
IndyStarCraft 214
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 742
ByuN 349
TKL 343
Reynor 255
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 15
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10891
Dendi1031
Counter-Strike
fl0m5421
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1976
Liquid`RaSZi1597
B2W.Neo709
Beastyqt583
Khaldor488
Mlord486
olofmeister445
KnowMe299
FrodaN173
crisheroes165
Livibee3
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach44
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV537
League of Legends
• Nemesis3030
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1561
Other Games
• Shiphtur646
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 34m
OSC
6h 34m
Replay Cast
6h 34m
OSC
19h 34m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.