• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:53
CEST 11:53
KST 18:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7155 users

[GSL] July Code S SemiFinals - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 153 Next
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 04:03:08
July 25 2011 04:00 GMT
#121
On July 25 2011 12:24 gustavohmp wrote:
HAD IT BEEN Nestea vs Byun and HongUn vs Losira, I would be 100% SURE the finals would be Nestea vs Losira
HongUn abusive style CAN and probably WILL take out Nestea. It wouldnt even flinch Losira but Nestea is shaky vs abusive Protoss, I say this because of his match against San is that GSL that I forgot what month happened. Its old, and its only one game, but its the only time I remember Nestea losing to Protoss, so thats that.
Losira has AWFUL ZvT and, well, I dont know how Byuns TvZ is, but if he is any good at late game management, Losira is bound to fall. To me, Losira greatest strenght is deflecting bullshit. Looking back to his games vs MMA in MLG, I fear Losira wont advance today.

I expect great and memorable games tonight. I believe all of them (well maybe not HungUn) deserve a spot in the finals and Ill be cheering for the best even though I think it is time to a ZvZ finals, with both players from the same team, no less.


Oh really? You mean that game that happened all the way back in GSL February, against the opponent that Nestea probably wasn't taking seriously due to his terrible reputation? Against the playstyle that is (largely) no longer viable because of the amulet change? Before the entire ZvP metagame shift that led to Protoss whine about how Z was impossible to beat?
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Sumwar
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada199 Posts
July 25 2011 04:01 GMT
#122
Well whoever wins, tomorrow will be an exciting day to watch some awesome Starcraft, as will the rest of the week. I am so excited.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
July 25 2011 04:02 GMT
#123
On July 25 2011 13:00 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2011 12:24 gustavohmp wrote:
HAD IT BEEN Nestea vs Byun and HongUn vs Losira, I would be 100% SURE the finals would be Nestea vs Losira
HongUn abusive style CAN and probably WILL take out Nestea. It wouldnt even flinch Losira but Nestea is shaky vs abusive Protoss, I say this because of his match against San is that GSL that I forgot what month happened. Its old, and its only one game, but its the only time I remember Nestea losing to Protoss, so thats that.
Losira has AWFUL ZvT and, well, I dont know how Byuns TvZ is, but if he is any good at late game management, Losira is bound to fall. To me, Losira greatest strenght is deflecting bullshit. Looking back to his games vs MMA in MLG, I fear Losira wont advance today.

I expect great and memorable games tonight. I believe all of them (well maybe not HungUn) deserve a spot in the finals and Ill be cheering for the best even though I think it is time to a ZvZ finals, with both players from the same team, no less.


Oh really? You mean that game that happened all the way back in GSL March, against the opponent that Nestea probably wasn't taking seriously due to his terrible reputation? Against the playstyle that is no longer viable because of the amulet change?

To be fair, it's completely possible NesTea won't take HongUn seriously, given his terrible reputation. MC certainly didn't.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
July 25 2011 04:04 GMT
#124
losira nestea, zerg fighting!!!


gl!
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 04:04:51
July 25 2011 04:04 GMT
#125
On July 25 2011 13:02 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2011 13:00 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On July 25 2011 12:24 gustavohmp wrote:
HAD IT BEEN Nestea vs Byun and HongUn vs Losira, I would be 100% SURE the finals would be Nestea vs Losira
HongUn abusive style CAN and probably WILL take out Nestea. It wouldnt even flinch Losira but Nestea is shaky vs abusive Protoss, I say this because of his match against San is that GSL that I forgot what month happened. Its old, and its only one game, but its the only time I remember Nestea losing to Protoss, so thats that.
Losira has AWFUL ZvT and, well, I dont know how Byuns TvZ is, but if he is any good at late game management, Losira is bound to fall. To me, Losira greatest strenght is deflecting bullshit. Looking back to his games vs MMA in MLG, I fear Losira wont advance today.

I expect great and memorable games tonight. I believe all of them (well maybe not HungUn) deserve a spot in the finals and Ill be cheering for the best even though I think it is time to a ZvZ finals, with both players from the same team, no less.


Oh really? You mean that game that happened all the way back in GSL March, against the opponent that Nestea probably wasn't taking seriously due to his terrible reputation? Against the playstyle that is no longer viable because of the amulet change?

To be fair, it's completely possible NesTea won't take HongUn seriously, given his terrible reputation. MC certainly didn't.


Why wouldn't Nestea take HongUn seriously? It's the Ro4. And HongUn's PvP reputation was deserved since he tried so hard to not play standard and got wrecked in every game. Look what happened when he did.

Also edited post.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
July 25 2011 04:07 GMT
#126
On July 25 2011 11:57 JunkkaGom wrote:
On Friday last week, Nestea was complaining like hell that there is no way for him to win because the maps favor Protoss so much. He always complains zerg is weak and can't win on any map and yet still win anyway.

Classic Nestea although we all know by now you're just trolling Yugi
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
nicknt
Profile Joined October 2010
185 Posts
July 25 2011 04:11 GMT
#127
Nestea just doesn't lose to zerg/protoss.
Drxz
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia115 Posts
July 25 2011 04:21 GMT
#128
On July 25 2011 11:57 JunkkaGom wrote:
On Friday last week, Nestea was complaining like hell that there is no way for him to win because the maps favor Protoss so much. He always complains zerg is weak and can't win on any map and yet still win anyway.


John, Trolling as always.
Luck is oftentimes greater than skill
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
July 25 2011 04:23 GMT
#129
As much as i don't want a ZvZ final, i really want Nestea and Losira to win hehe :p

I think Nestea v Byun is capable of being a pretty good final as well; I just really hope Nestea prepares properly and does not let HongUn get the better of him

Nestea for GSL Champion
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
drgonzhere
Profile Joined November 2010
United States447 Posts
July 25 2011 04:28 GMT
#130
On July 25 2011 12:24 gustavohmp wrote:
HAD IT BEEN Nestea vs Byun and HongUn vs Losira, I would be 100% SURE the finals would be Nestea vs Losira
HongUn abusive style CAN and probably WILL take out Nestea. It wouldnt even flinch Losira but Nestea is shaky vs abusive Protoss, I say this because of his match against San is that GSL that I forgot what month happened. Its old, and its only one game, but its the only time I remember Nestea losing to Protoss, so thats that.
Losira has AWFUL ZvT and, well, I dont know how Byuns TvZ is, but if he is any good at late game management, Losira is bound to fall. To me, Losira greatest strenght is deflecting bullshit. Looking back to his games vs MMA in MLG, I fear Losira wont advance today.

I expect great and memorable games tonight. I believe all of them (well maybe not HungUn) deserve a spot in the finals and Ill be cheering for the best even though I think it is time to a ZvZ finals, with both players from the same team, no less.


This is by far the most misinformed and terrible prediction I have ever seen. Nestea shaky vs Protoss? LosirA AWFUL at ZvT? What the hell games are you watching buddy?

As for me I will say I believe Nestea will advance fairly easily and I like Byun to win in a close series. Bring that puppy home with a win Byun!
Dictator for Life of the PuMa Fanclub/ DRG, PuMA, Sage, Puzzle, MMA Fighting!
SiDX
Profile Joined July 2009
New Zealand1975 Posts
July 25 2011 04:30 GMT
#131
Really want Byun to go to finals I think will deliver some great games.
krnboyxjin
Profile Joined April 2011
United States98 Posts
July 25 2011 04:31 GMT
#132
PROFESSOR TEA FTW!!!
dun really matter who comez to finals..nestea imba!
starcrafttt and STORK!!! forevaaaaaaa!!!
pyro19
Profile Joined August 2010
6575 Posts
July 25 2011 04:47 GMT
#133
Nestea > Nestea.
Okay i have put the curse in action now...watch nestea get 3-0ed today.
Thy Shall Die Alone...or emm..something like that.
wideye
Profile Joined June 2010
United States209 Posts
July 25 2011 04:56 GMT
#134
nestea mad haxor. it might be a short night for hong un
slim pickens
cakezz15
Profile Joined February 2010
Korea (South)10 Posts
July 25 2011 04:59 GMT
#135
losira will beat byun . Losira the 2nd best zerg player behind nestea, his mentor
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
July 25 2011 04:59 GMT
#136
It's probably because I'm a zerg but I would absolutely love to see the 2 best ZvZ'ers in Korea duke it out in the finals. Would suck for the Terran's and Protoss though :p
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
Jumbled
Profile Joined September 2010
1543 Posts
July 25 2011 05:00 GMT
#137
On July 25 2011 13:02 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2011 13:00 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On July 25 2011 12:24 gustavohmp wrote:
HAD IT BEEN Nestea vs Byun and HongUn vs Losira, I would be 100% SURE the finals would be Nestea vs Losira
HongUn abusive style CAN and probably WILL take out Nestea. It wouldnt even flinch Losira but Nestea is shaky vs abusive Protoss, I say this because of his match against San is that GSL that I forgot what month happened. Its old, and its only one game, but its the only time I remember Nestea losing to Protoss, so thats that.
Losira has AWFUL ZvT and, well, I dont know how Byuns TvZ is, but if he is any good at late game management, Losira is bound to fall. To me, Losira greatest strenght is deflecting bullshit. Looking back to his games vs MMA in MLG, I fear Losira wont advance today.

I expect great and memorable games tonight. I believe all of them (well maybe not HungUn) deserve a spot in the finals and Ill be cheering for the best even though I think it is time to a ZvZ finals, with both players from the same team, no less.


Oh really? You mean that game that happened all the way back in GSL March, against the opponent that Nestea probably wasn't taking seriously due to his terrible reputation? Against the playstyle that is no longer viable because of the amulet change?

To be fair, it's completely possible NesTea won't take HongUn seriously, given his terrible reputation. MC certainly didn't.

Not really applicable. HongUn's reputation for failure only applied to PvP, and even then it was dumb of MC, since HongUn's PvP reputation was due to his refusal to 4gate.
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
July 25 2011 05:01 GMT
#138
dont anyone dare make the Death poll for nestea.

don't do it.
AndAgain
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2621 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-25 05:02:09
July 25 2011 05:01 GMT
#139
It would be a cool story if Hongun wins. The guy has been struggling with wrist problems and has been considering retirement. I hope he wins so he can afford to fly in the world's greatest wrist surgeon.
All your teeth should fall out and hair should grow in their place!
scottv55
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5 Posts
July 25 2011 05:02 GMT
#140
I'm still upset we got cheated out of nestea vs bomber... I guess the first ever zvz finals will have to do...
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 153 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10354
Rain 3257
soO 430
BeSt 395
Stork 386
Soulkey 344
Soma 316
Rush 224
firebathero 216
Barracks 157
[ Show more ]
Sexy 82
Shinee 44
Killer 33
Shine 24
sorry 24
HiyA 22
Sharp 20
Sacsri 18
hero 16
yabsab 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Terrorterran 11
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5291
League of Legends
JimRising 439
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King126
Other Games
gofns34305
singsing1127
Pyrionflax204
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 3
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 53
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV150
League of Legends
• Jankos2743
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8m
CranKy Ducklings18
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
Patches Events
5h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 8m
OSC
13h 8m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.