• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:06
CEST 16:06
KST 23:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11092 users

[GSL] July Code S ro8 Day 1 - Page 132

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 130 131 132 133 134 141 Next
zerglio
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway2 Posts
July 19 2011 12:58 GMT
#2621
I think the best fix for protoss is to let the distance from the gateway that you warp in from decide the warp in time. Let's say max double warp in time if you warp in to your enemy. That would stop the worst cheese without changing the game much. You could still proxy gateway if you wanted to.
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
July 19 2011 13:04 GMT
#2622
On July 19 2011 21:58 PlaGuE_R wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 21:51 Azzur wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:44 PlaGuE_R wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:32 HolyArrow wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:23 Azzur wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:17 HolyArrow wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:06 Azzur wrote:
On July 19 2011 20:44 HolyArrow wrote:
On July 19 2011 20:40 Azzur wrote:
Hahahaha, today's games couldn't have got any better. I remember an old MC interview where he said he would've crushed Nestea if it was him in the finals instead of Inca (GSL May).

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=221587

On May 11 2011 13:19 Azzur wrote:
[quote]
Hmm... these are big words. He should prove it (i.e. by qualifying for the finals) instead.

Here's hoping that the overconfidence will lead to an early elimination in the Super Tournament!

I was right about the early elimination from the Super Tournament

The thing is, I bet in his next interview, he will go on about how if he had the chance to face Nestea, he would crush him. I'll be like, why don't you concentrate on getting to the stage where you can face him?? MC was thinking about his "future" opponent of Nestea today and didn't show enough respect to HongUn.

Today was a great day - free flowing buffet of MC fanboy tears :p


The anti-MC glee is possibly more annoying than the MC fanboy tears. There are so many unfair assumptions being made about MC's personality by people like you that it makes my head hurt. The funny thing is that overall, MC is still the most financially successful player, so I guess there are precious few moments for people like you to come out of the woodworks to take little shots at MC. -_-;;

Yep, it's true - I freely admit that I'm a MC-hater. However, I don't go about making statements about how I'm going to crush so-and-so when I haven't even made that stage yet.


I don't really understand what you mean when you keep bringing up how MC "hasn't even made it to that stage yet", but it seems like your only argument at this point since you keep repeating it over and over, so I'll bite. Both of them have won two GSLs. They're pretty much equal in accomplishments. Sometimes Nestea makes it further, sometimes MC does. You post as if MC has never, ever made it as far as Nestea has, as if MC is just some kid with no accomplishments to speak of who keeps on bragging that he can roll Nestea. Not true.

The fact that you're an MC hater means that you're immediately biased on interpreting how MC operates, so if you have any means of logical thought left, then consider this: MC often makes really bold statements about how he feels he'll do in a match, but in the end, he always humbles himself and tells things as they are: "Oh, ____ was a lot better than I thought", or "Wow, I really need to practice harder, I got outclassed there". Like I said, all you can see is the bold statements that he makes to generate hype and put on a show, and you're just lost in hating on that rather than looking at the big picture.

In this interview thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=221587

MC said this:
I want to face Nestea and Mvp. If I were in the finals right now, I guarantee I would crush Nestea in the matchup.

He made that statement just prior to the GSL May finals between Nestea vs Inca. This is my point - you don't go about making statements about how you're going to beat someone when you haven't even reached the same stage in the tournament.


Do you find it to be such a horribly offensive example of moral degeneracy that you let a little remark in an interview completely color your opinion of someone's entire personality? It's even more bothersome seeing people do that to MC because he's made such an effort to reach out to the foreign community. I guess it doesn't really matter though, because in the end, anti-fans are viewers that are drawn just like fans are, only they come in the interest of seeing MC lose. Whether you like it or not, your negative interest in him still helps e-Sports, and cements the fact that MC is great for e-Sports.




owned lol

OT, all this MC hate is ridiculous, its even funnier when u compare it to the level of godlike worship thats extended to nestea. So, the GSL champ who busts his ass off to actually connect with the foreign community is a scumbag piece of shit trash mofo, but the one who's entire foreign reach out, lets say, was getting eliminated 1st round of TSL3 is a god among men?

MC is a great guy and an amazing player, he loves to hype his wins before they happen and yet he always treats his opponents with great respect after his games (win or lose)

so while people who know him personally are probably reading this and shaking their heads in despair (HuK, ret, Jinro etc) i'm not worried, because this type of hate clearly shows the people to ignore forever as ignorant trolls (like you azzur)

let me give you an example, so this post is wrapped up nicely, I do not like IdrA as a player, i dont like his balance complaints, dont like his BM, and I dont like his style, I would never decide to outright insult IdrA when he loses simply because of my dislike of him as a player, ESPECIALLY since all the evidence points to the fact that Greg is a great guy. Flaming is retarded and unneccesary and frankly, i find all these arguments stupid. but hey, if you want to look like an idiot, be my guest and keep arguing for no good reason

The thing is, I never called him a scumbag piece of shit trash mofo. I called him arrogant, cocky and not showing respect to his opponents. I see his antics before/after the game and through the interviews and come to this conclusion.

I don't buy the argument that a player can act however he likes and not have to suffer backlash. Idra, for example points out how the koreans complain about him BMing them but yet they do the same to him.


hes won 2 GSLs, Dreamhack, finishes in the top 8 of almost every single tournament he attends, hes earned the right to be arrogant and cocky, similarly, he believes in showmanship, hence the 'attitude'. On the other hand, IdrA has shown very few results apart from one MLG win and yet people hail him as a god. Nestea has 2 GSL wins, one of which was agaisnt inca whos pvz is very subpar. and thats about it for major tournaments. he is also boring and dry, giving the same cut and paste progamer answer in every interview, however when people with a personality come in (MC, IdrA) come in, hundreds condemn them unjustly.

I like that my favorite players have attitude and arent just boring people, i like that IdrA has attitude and arrogance, because hes exceptionally good, and like SirScoots and iNcontroL said : if he stops with his defeatist attitude he can win oh so much, and trust me, once IdrA stops with his self defeating, i'm switching over to being a fan.

I can understand how ppl can say he has earnt the right to be arrogant and cocky. I can also understand how ppl like to support players with personality. These kinds of players make the matches interesting to watch.

However, if a player acts in this manner, I find it unjustifiable to ppl go on to claim that he is mis-represented. If a player does not want to receive this backlash from the anti-fans, then he shouldn't act this way.

I can respect MC fans defending his behaviour because they say that it makes the games interesting to watch. However, I don't buy the line that these showmanship players don't deserve the community backlash or defending the notion that he is mis-represented.
Kr0n0s
Profile Joined March 2008
Greece3 Posts
July 19 2011 13:09 GMT
#2623
Even in a computer game the matches are fixed... I wonder how no1 cares/discuss the fact that they did a little mistake and show us LIVE a picture of a tomorrow's match with .... results allready..it was mistake? yeah right. They saw us Trickster vs Losira 0-2 for those that didn't saw it, and after half a second (they understood it fast) they changed the camera back to tastosis and then back to the empty card Trickster vs Losira and Byun vs Bomber. Even Artosis made fun of it and said: ... Well its a best of 5 game who knows? They only thing that's left is wait for tomorrow if we see a 0-2 losira (he is more than capable of doing that ofc) WE allready Knew it. Its fixed.

User was warned for this post
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
July 19 2011 13:09 GMT
#2624
I feel so bad for MC. What an upset, hopefully he pulls through next time. RO8 isn't too bad in any case.
lalala
Xadar
Profile Joined October 2010
497 Posts
July 19 2011 13:11 GMT
#2625
Is this me or did MC really gain some wheight since his first GSL appearance?
PlaGuE_R
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
France1151 Posts
July 19 2011 13:12 GMT
#2626
On July 19 2011 22:04 Azzur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 21:58 PlaGuE_R wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:51 Azzur wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:44 PlaGuE_R wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:32 HolyArrow wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:23 Azzur wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:17 HolyArrow wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:06 Azzur wrote:
On July 19 2011 20:44 HolyArrow wrote:
On July 19 2011 20:40 Azzur wrote:
Hahahaha, today's games couldn't have got any better. I remember an old MC interview where he said he would've crushed Nestea if it was him in the finals instead of Inca (GSL May).

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=221587

[quote]
I was right about the early elimination from the Super Tournament

The thing is, I bet in his next interview, he will go on about how if he had the chance to face Nestea, he would crush him. I'll be like, why don't you concentrate on getting to the stage where you can face him?? MC was thinking about his "future" opponent of Nestea today and didn't show enough respect to HongUn.

Today was a great day - free flowing buffet of MC fanboy tears :p


The anti-MC glee is possibly more annoying than the MC fanboy tears. There are so many unfair assumptions being made about MC's personality by people like you that it makes my head hurt. The funny thing is that overall, MC is still the most financially successful player, so I guess there are precious few moments for people like you to come out of the woodworks to take little shots at MC. -_-;;

Yep, it's true - I freely admit that I'm a MC-hater. However, I don't go about making statements about how I'm going to crush so-and-so when I haven't even made that stage yet.


I don't really understand what you mean when you keep bringing up how MC "hasn't even made it to that stage yet", but it seems like your only argument at this point since you keep repeating it over and over, so I'll bite. Both of them have won two GSLs. They're pretty much equal in accomplishments. Sometimes Nestea makes it further, sometimes MC does. You post as if MC has never, ever made it as far as Nestea has, as if MC is just some kid with no accomplishments to speak of who keeps on bragging that he can roll Nestea. Not true.

The fact that you're an MC hater means that you're immediately biased on interpreting how MC operates, so if you have any means of logical thought left, then consider this: MC often makes really bold statements about how he feels he'll do in a match, but in the end, he always humbles himself and tells things as they are: "Oh, ____ was a lot better than I thought", or "Wow, I really need to practice harder, I got outclassed there". Like I said, all you can see is the bold statements that he makes to generate hype and put on a show, and you're just lost in hating on that rather than looking at the big picture.

In this interview thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=221587

MC said this:
I want to face Nestea and Mvp. If I were in the finals right now, I guarantee I would crush Nestea in the matchup.

He made that statement just prior to the GSL May finals between Nestea vs Inca. This is my point - you don't go about making statements about how you're going to beat someone when you haven't even reached the same stage in the tournament.


Do you find it to be such a horribly offensive example of moral degeneracy that you let a little remark in an interview completely color your opinion of someone's entire personality? It's even more bothersome seeing people do that to MC because he's made such an effort to reach out to the foreign community. I guess it doesn't really matter though, because in the end, anti-fans are viewers that are drawn just like fans are, only they come in the interest of seeing MC lose. Whether you like it or not, your negative interest in him still helps e-Sports, and cements the fact that MC is great for e-Sports.




owned lol

OT, all this MC hate is ridiculous, its even funnier when u compare it to the level of godlike worship thats extended to nestea. So, the GSL champ who busts his ass off to actually connect with the foreign community is a scumbag piece of shit trash mofo, but the one who's entire foreign reach out, lets say, was getting eliminated 1st round of TSL3 is a god among men?

MC is a great guy and an amazing player, he loves to hype his wins before they happen and yet he always treats his opponents with great respect after his games (win or lose)

so while people who know him personally are probably reading this and shaking their heads in despair (HuK, ret, Jinro etc) i'm not worried, because this type of hate clearly shows the people to ignore forever as ignorant trolls (like you azzur)

let me give you an example, so this post is wrapped up nicely, I do not like IdrA as a player, i dont like his balance complaints, dont like his BM, and I dont like his style, I would never decide to outright insult IdrA when he loses simply because of my dislike of him as a player, ESPECIALLY since all the evidence points to the fact that Greg is a great guy. Flaming is retarded and unneccesary and frankly, i find all these arguments stupid. but hey, if you want to look like an idiot, be my guest and keep arguing for no good reason

The thing is, I never called him a scumbag piece of shit trash mofo. I called him arrogant, cocky and not showing respect to his opponents. I see his antics before/after the game and through the interviews and come to this conclusion.

I don't buy the argument that a player can act however he likes and not have to suffer backlash. Idra, for example points out how the koreans complain about him BMing them but yet they do the same to him.


hes won 2 GSLs, Dreamhack, finishes in the top 8 of almost every single tournament he attends, hes earned the right to be arrogant and cocky, similarly, he believes in showmanship, hence the 'attitude'. On the other hand, IdrA has shown very few results apart from one MLG win and yet people hail him as a god. Nestea has 2 GSL wins, one of which was agaisnt inca whos pvz is very subpar. and thats about it for major tournaments. he is also boring and dry, giving the same cut and paste progamer answer in every interview, however when people with a personality come in (MC, IdrA) come in, hundreds condemn them unjustly.

I like that my favorite players have attitude and arent just boring people, i like that IdrA has attitude and arrogance, because hes exceptionally good, and like SirScoots and iNcontroL said : if he stops with his defeatist attitude he can win oh so much, and trust me, once IdrA stops with his self defeating, i'm switching over to being a fan.

I can understand how ppl can say he has earnt the right to be arrogant and cocky. I can also understand how ppl like to support players with personality. These kinds of players make the matches interesting to watch.

However, if a player acts in this manner, I find it unjustifiable to ppl go on to claim that he is mis-represented. If a player does not want to receive this backlash from the anti-fans, then he shouldn't act this way.

I can respect MC fans defending his behaviour because they say that it makes the games interesting to watch. However, I don't buy the line that these showmanship players don't deserve the community backlash or defending the notion that he is mis-represented.


except you're unjustly attacking him as a person!! what if i said : Bruce Willis is an asshole cuz john mclane destroyed half of washington dc, youd say i was mad. you dont know MC and so you have no right to comment on his personality, especially since your insulting Ming Chul based off of MCs actions. people are different on stage and in private. what irks me is people insulting the man rather then the showman, which is exactly what you're doing.
TLO FIGHTING | me all in, he drone drone drone, me win - SK.MC | JINROLLED! | KraToss for the win
IVN
Profile Joined October 2010
534 Posts
July 19 2011 13:12 GMT
#2627
On July 19 2011 21:58 zerglio wrote:
I think the best fix for protoss is to let the distance from the gateway that you warp in from decide the warp in time. Let's say max double warp in time if you warp in to your enemy. That would stop the worst cheese without changing the game much. You could still proxy gateway if you wanted to.

Riiiiiiight. And that would also break every MU involving P, and make P unable to put pressure on greedy opponents (Z/T).

A perfect solution.


+ Show Spoiler +
not
COLT217
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany70 Posts
July 19 2011 13:14 GMT
#2628
Hm MCs out? than,... GOGOGO Trickster! my last hope,... oh there iS HongUn too? WhO cares.
"[race] is so IMBA! - for [race] fill in the last one, you lost against. But be carefull of mirrormatchups!"
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
July 19 2011 13:14 GMT
#2629
Holy shit MC lost? There goes the awesome MC vs Nestea semis

Well done to Hongun though.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
wklbishop
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1286 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 13:19:36
July 19 2011 13:15 GMT
#2630
On July 19 2011 11:04 wklbishop wrote:
I hope HongUn can do it, this really might be near the end of his progaming career and it would be nice if the guy won a GSL before his health issues catch up with him.


GOOOOO HONGUN!!!

Haha, I wish I called it though.

EDIT: Have you guys noticed how HongUn was always stretching out his wrists between matches?

I think the practice for this PvP really put a lot of strain on him and his health problems...
Gameplay > Personality
Pipeline
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1673 Posts
July 19 2011 13:19 GMT
#2631
On July 19 2011 22:15 wklbishop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 11:04 wklbishop wrote:
I hope HongUn can do it, this really might be near the end of his progaming career and it would be nice if the guy won a GSL before his health issues catch up with him.


GOOOOO HONGUN!!!

Haha, I wish I called it though.


Wait what? Is HongUn sick :O? Or what are you on about?
Bobble
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1493 Posts
July 19 2011 13:23 GMT
#2632
holy gaheezus...

I mean, is this the same Hongun that never won a televised PvP before? Against freaking MC? Screw everything else, GO HONGUN, WIN THIS WHOLE THING!
wklbishop
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1286 Posts
July 19 2011 13:23 GMT
#2633
On July 19 2011 22:19 Pipeline wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 22:15 wklbishop wrote:
On July 19 2011 11:04 wklbishop wrote:
I hope HongUn can do it, this really might be near the end of his progaming career and it would be nice if the guy won a GSL before his health issues catch up with him.


GOOOOO HONGUN!!!

Haha, I wish I called it though.


Wait what? Is HongUn sick :O? Or what are you on about?


One of the main reasons I've been rooting for HongUn is because his wrists have been in some serious pain and yet he's still practicing hard for everything. He talks about it in his winners' interviews, but unfortunately the lesser known players and their issues are just unknown to the general public because no one really cares. Notice how in between matches he would be stretching out his wrists, he must have practiced A LOT for this PvP which put a lot of strain on the guy.
Gameplay > Personality
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
July 19 2011 13:23 GMT
#2634
On July 19 2011 22:09 Kr0n0s wrote:
Even in a computer game the matches are fixed... I wonder how no1 cares/discuss the fact that they did a little mistake and show us LIVE a picture of a tomorrow's match with .... results allready..it was mistake? yeah right. They saw us Trickster vs Losira 0-2 for those that didn't saw it, and after half a second (they understood it fast) they changed the camera back to tastosis and then back to the empty card Trickster vs Losira and Byun vs Bomber. Even Artosis made fun of it and said: ... Well its a best of 5 game who knows? They only thing that's left is wait for tomorrow if we see a 0-2 losira (he is more than capable of doing that ofc) WE allready Knew it. Its fixed.


Except it's a best of 5, so LosirA can't win 2-0.

Please don't ever accuse anybody of matchfixing.
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 13:27:19
July 19 2011 13:26 GMT
#2635
On July 19 2011 22:09 Kr0n0s wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Even in a computer game the matches are fixed... I wonder how no1 cares/discuss the fact that they did a little mistake and show us LIVE a picture of a tomorrow's match with .... results allready..it was mistake? yeah right. They saw us Trickster vs Losira 0-2 for those that didn't saw it, and after half a second (they understood it fast) they changed the camera back to tastosis and then back to the empty card Trickster vs Losira and Byun vs Bomber. Even Artosis made fun of it and said: ... Well its a best of 5 game who knows? They only thing that's left is wait for tomorrow if we see a 0-2 losira (he is more than capable of doing that ofc) WE allready Knew it. Its fixed.


You should be banned for this. Your first post and its attempting to spoil matches and accuse people of match-fixing? We all know it's a best of 5, but this is still uncalled for.
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
July 19 2011 13:27 GMT
#2636
On July 19 2011 22:19 Pipeline wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 22:15 wklbishop wrote:
On July 19 2011 11:04 wklbishop wrote:
I hope HongUn can do it, this really might be near the end of his progaming career and it would be nice if the guy won a GSL before his health issues catch up with him.


GOOOOO HONGUN!!!

Haha, I wish I called it though.


Wait what? Is HongUn sick :O? Or what are you on about?

Read his interviews, his wrists are worse than Flash's at the moment.
zerglio
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway2 Posts
July 19 2011 13:29 GMT
#2637
On July 19 2011 22:12 IVN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 21:58 zerglio wrote:
I think the best fix for protoss is to let the distance from the gateway that you warp in from decide the warp in time. Let's say max double warp in time if you warp in to your enemy. That would stop the worst cheese without changing the game much. You could still proxy gateway if you wanted to.

Riiiiiiight. And that would also break every MU involving P, and make P unable to put pressure on greedy opponents (Z/T).

A perfect solution.


+ Show Spoiler +
not


I'm just talking about the time it takes to warp in a unit. The other timings like the warp in cool down would be the same.
And you could still put pressure on, just it would be more difficult to warp in inside the base.
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 13:33:21
July 19 2011 13:30 GMT
#2638
Normally I get giddy when MC loses but this time I'm rather happy for Hongun. (could care less for MC) What might be the last GSL for Hongun, I hope he goes out on a high note. Remember folks he was the first Protoss to reach RO4 in GSL and is probably the most consistent Protoss in the GSL history.

And all his past loses in PvP were due to his stern refusal to use 4gate. Now that he seems to be free of whatever shackle he imposed on himself, we learn that his 4gate is a beauty.
Kr0n0s
Profile Joined March 2008
Greece3 Posts
July 19 2011 13:32 GMT
#2639
On July 19 2011 22:26 RogerChillingworth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 22:09 Kr0n0s wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Even in a computer game the matches are fixed... I wonder how no1 cares/discuss the fact that they did a little mistake and show us LIVE a picture of a tomorrow's match with .... results allready..it was mistake? yeah right. They saw us Trickster vs Losira 0-2 for those that didn't saw it, and after half a second (they understood it fast) they changed the camera back to tastosis and then back to the empty card Trickster vs Losira and Byun vs Bomber. Even Artosis made fun of it and said: ... Well its a best of 5 game who knows? They only thing that's left is wait for tomorrow if we see a 0-2 losira (he is more than capable of doing that ofc) WE allready Knew it. Its fixed.


You should be banned for this. Your first post and its attempting to spoil matches and accuse people of match-fixing? We all know it's a best of 5, but this is still uncalled for.



Banned? seriously? I m trying to open your eyes fella. But seriously don't care what I say, when the vods are up go and see for yourself and then pm me with your explanation of what happened. I would like to hear your interpretation. Its after the 3-1. I bet a million $ they will montage the video in the vod.
We all know it's best of 5. What was it?
IVN
Profile Joined October 2010
534 Posts
July 19 2011 13:36 GMT
#2640
On July 19 2011 22:29 zerglio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 22:12 IVN wrote:
On July 19 2011 21:58 zerglio wrote:
I think the best fix for protoss is to let the distance from the gateway that you warp in from decide the warp in time. Let's say max double warp in time if you warp in to your enemy. That would stop the worst cheese without changing the game much. You could still proxy gateway if you wanted to.

Riiiiiiight. And that would also break every MU involving P, and make P unable to put pressure on greedy opponents (Z/T).

A perfect solution.


+ Show Spoiler +
not


I'm just talking about the time it takes to warp in a unit. The other timings like the warp in cool down would be the same.
And you could still put pressure on, just it would be more difficult to warp in inside the base.

As it is, warpin is balanced in vT and vZ MUs. An added delay would nerf P. So how is this a good fix?
Prev 1 130 131 132 133 134 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 278
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 278
mouzHeroMarine 260
ProTech144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41390
Bisu 2791
Hyuk 1689
Shuttle 1619
Mini 695
EffOrt 631
Larva 445
Soma 320
firebathero 234
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 98
Zeus 73
Pusan 67
Sexy 53
Killer 50
Hyun 47
Bale 36
Trap 36
Mong 35
sorry 32
Hm[arnc] 27
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Rock 12
Noble 12
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6855
qojqva1496
Dendi976
Counter-Strike
fl0m1052
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1287
crisheroes1020
Liquid`Hasu455
Lowko428
Other Games
gofns43565
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1350
DeMusliM272
Livibee175
Hui .146
Liquid`VortiX145
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King83
elazer27
ZerO(Twitch)20
CosmosSc2 18
KnowMe4
Beastyqt1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6731
League of Legends
• Jankos1901
Other Games
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 54m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 54m
INu's Battles
21h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.