• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:29
CEST 16:29
KST 23:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9332 users

Toronto Game Nation - Pub Event July 16!! - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Unhallowed
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada171 Posts
July 13 2011 22:38 GMT
#21
The ginger guy at 1:31 lived right beside me in my 1st year of school... kinda random. He is not good at video games, lol.
What is evil but good tortured by it's own hunger and thirst?
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
July 13 2011 22:51 GMT
#22
Gotta get drunk somewhere... might as well be here. I'll probably stop by.

Not a fan of the brunny, but whatever.
chadus
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada31 Posts
July 13 2011 23:16 GMT
#23
Yea only thing to change is to give more notice. I would have gone but I can't make it because I already have plans. Looks like fun though, maybe I'll catch the next one
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
July 13 2011 23:20 GMT
#24
aww, there is an age restriction. im 20 but i know a whole bunch 15 to 18 kids who love to come such events, if they cant come i wont :<... gl hf to all though, it sounds really sweet
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
shadyprobe
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada19 Posts
July 14 2011 03:10 GMT
#25
On July 14 2011 07:08 HiTRetz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 03:00 shadyprobe wrote:
$10.00 @ the door!!! LOL - glad were not being penalized for that!

Also, how did you guys managed to get every D-bag from every post secondary school in the same place for your trailer?

Only people there playing video games are those broads and even still, I couldn't tell if they were any good because the camera guy was to busy zooming in on some sub-standard T & A.

If I wanted to hang out with some winners like this I'd show up at one of those jock house parties and make like David Carrigan ( f myself and then die).

Look this forum is for real gamers, if you guys wanna promote your bar and try to make lots of cash off the community in the Toronto area go here: http://www.clubcrawlers.com/

These kind of posts will only hurt ESports

PS. If anyone does end up going to this please confirm if the shadyprobe was right about this one t(-_-t)


I apologize that playing a video game while sharing a drink, meeting the community and receiving free giveaways is not worthy your $10.00 CAD. I understand that for individuals of your kind (serious social phobia issues) it is more feasible to grab a redbull pack from your local convenience store, head back to your Metro housing crack spot, and rage when your Battlenet disconnects on you because you cannot afford high speed internet.

I also apologize that it wouldn't excite you getting a lap dance from some girl while playing a video game and having the crowd cheer you on. I guess you swing the other way ;/

With only 4 posts, I only image you're one of the few punks we fired a few weeks back due to your lack of intelligence, ability to follow basic instructions and lack of simple management skills.

-EDIT-

Now from a professional point of view, we thank you for your criticism. I will agree the camera man did a sloppy job, but you have to understand it was our first event and the sole purpose of the video is just to showcase the events existence.

Regarding your comment on hurting e-Sports, I really cannot comprehend your logic behind that. However, the opinion is yours and I’ll “respect” that. I’m sure the majority of the people attending will be satisfied with the event at the very least.

Toronto deserves a better spotlight for gamers gaming related events. Our sole purpose is to expose them in fun, unique ways so that in the near future, our private investors will commit to more “hardcore” gaming events including tournaments with huge prize pools, local leagues and other campaigns I’m not allowed to disclose at this point.


You mad bro???

"Regarding your comment on hurting e-Sports, I really cannot comprehend your logic behind that"

That's probably cuz you have no idea what E-Sports is all about. I enjoyed the Donkey Kong remix in what looked like a St. Louis Bar commercial o.O? Also, your right about the lap dance comment, I saw MC getting a lap dance in his match against puma last weekend, that's how real progamers play, right? I may be new to the TL community but shadyprobe is all about real E-Sports.

P.S. free giveaways aren't free if you have to pay $10.00 to get in... Just saying...
Shady Probe is up to no good in your main...
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
July 14 2011 07:52 GMT
#26
On July 14 2011 03:00 shadyprobe wrote:
$10.00 @ the door!!! LOL - glad were not being penalized for that!

Also, how did you guys managed to get every D-bag from every post secondary school in the same place for your trailer?

Only people there playing video games are those broads and even still, I couldn't tell if they were any good because the camera guy was to busy zooming in on some sub-standard T & A.

If I wanted to hang out with some winners like this I'd show up at one of those jock house parties and make like David Carrigan ( f myself and then die).

Look this forum is for real gamers, if you guys wanna promote your bar and try to make lots of cash off the community in the Toronto area go here: http://www.clubcrawlers.com/

These kind of posts will only hurt ESports

PS. If anyone does end up going to this please confirm if the shadyprobe was right about this one t(-_-t)


I, for one completely agree with shadyprobe, as blunt as he may have been. I was stoked that there was an event at the Brunswick, but that video has completely turned me off from going to this event. You guys have fun, but I think that this kinda stuff will end up damaging esports in general. If you're gonna make a video showcasing the event, at least make the actors believable. I thought it was a video for Keys to the VIP for a second....
Holcan
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2593 Posts
July 14 2011 08:48 GMT
#27
On July 14 2011 16:52 TurkeyKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 03:00 shadyprobe wrote:
$10.00 @ the door!!! LOL - glad were not being penalized for that!

Also, how did you guys managed to get every D-bag from every post secondary school in the same place for your trailer?

Only people there playing video games are those broads and even still, I couldn't tell if they were any good because the camera guy was to busy zooming in on some sub-standard T & A.

If I wanted to hang out with some winners like this I'd show up at one of those jock house parties and make like David Carrigan ( f myself and then die).

Look this forum is for real gamers, if you guys wanna promote your bar and try to make lots of cash off the community in the Toronto area go here: http://www.clubcrawlers.com/

These kind of posts will only hurt ESports

PS. If anyone does end up going to this please confirm if the shadyprobe was right about this one t(-_-t)


I, for one completely agree with shadyprobe, as blunt as he may have been. I was stoked that there was an event at the Brunswick, but that video has completely turned me off from going to this event. You guys have fun, but I think that this kinda stuff will end up damaging esports in general. If you're gonna make a video showcasing the event, at least make the actors believable. I thought it was a video for Keys to the VIP for a second....

You clearly have no idea that esports is a hobby for people in North America. You know hobbies, those things people do for fun, they dont always take it seriously, but instead use it as a way to pass time. Well yea, thats what sc2 is to everyone in North America, so stop acting like they are somehow "hurting esports" because they arent running a tournament with a ridiculous prize pool, oh and all clubs have a cover charge, so yes the prizes are free. You choosing not to attend the event because of a video you think is lame, not to mention you think they are actors, not actual club goers (lol) is hurting esports more than anything, so how about you think before you type whats on your mind, because although you're very opinionated, those opinions may not be shared with the 99.9999999% of humanity.
Reference The Inadvertant Joey, Strong talented orchastrasted intelligent character.
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
July 14 2011 13:21 GMT
#28
Calm down guys, this isn't going to hurt esports. Maybe if these guys can introduce the Bangbus demographic to Starcraft it might even help, who knows.

All I know is that the Brunny is for douchebags and sex offenders, no matter whether they play Starcraft or not.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
Antimage
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1293 Posts
July 14 2011 13:38 GMT
#29
Nice to see Alex (hitretz) return with another event =)

I already have plans on that night but gl hf everyone!
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
July 14 2011 21:45 GMT
#30
I'd come if I was around, host something in august!
HiTRetz
Profile Joined August 2010
Russian Federation50 Posts
July 15 2011 02:51 GMT
#31
Masq you always flop bro LOL jk <3
Victor - i miss my asian brothah. I've been too busy with work and been spending most free days at the track ... we have to chill soon!

BTW - everyone is allowed to come to the event which starts at 7-10pm - NO age restrictions!!!!!!!!!! just don't try buying drinks. You will be asked to leave however, when the pub opens doors to the public which will be at 10pm. Sooo everyone worried about the age restriction, just come out to the event, you don't have to stay for the after-party.

We're still looking for an MC to cast some games ... PM me thanks.
www.gamenation.ca , ' starcraftconnection , ' sc2toronto.com (TBA)
laLAlA[uC]
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada963 Posts
July 15 2011 03:20 GMT
#32
On July 14 2011 01:49 Iggnite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2011 16:17 laLAlA[uC] wrote:
I assume you will have to be 19? :/


feel it grant, too bad I dont hit 19 until sept 6 so can't really talk either >.<


Lol Dave. I'm not even 18 till end of August LOL
I'm an old man now
last.resistance
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada543 Posts
July 15 2011 03:35 GMT
#33
Oh god, it's at the Brunny?

It'll be ten years to the day in September that I was a wide-eyed frosh at U of T, and threw up on the way back to res from the Brunny.
elctrc_wzrd
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada61 Posts
July 15 2011 03:36 GMT
#34
I am not aware of any local Toronto Pro players besides slayers_bekho? Can a lowly diamond such as myself show up and play?
BM
Namkung
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada151 Posts
July 15 2011 03:50 GMT
#35
seems like a cool event
just signed up :D
i'll be driving down from Thorn Hill. if anyone wants a ride and is not too far away, feel free to pm me ~
^^
ThE_OsToJiY
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada1167 Posts
July 15 2011 04:05 GMT
#36
This actually looks like a sick event, and if I was in town I'd be down. If you don't like the idea don't go its not something to flame about.
@ostojiy
Flexhibition
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada1 Post
July 15 2011 04:32 GMT
#37
Would love to show up and play some sc over some beers. As others have mentioned, a little more notice would be awesome! Keep these events going, I'll be at the next.
dde
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada796 Posts
July 15 2011 04:42 GMT
#38
i wish i lived in toronto area. im missing all the fun events
yes
Cantro
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada117 Posts
July 15 2011 04:52 GMT
#39
I'm pumped for this. Sign me up!

I really hope I can make it!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
HiTRetz
Profile Joined August 2010
Russian Federation50 Posts
July 15 2011 06:25 GMT
#40
On July 15 2011 13:42 dde wrote:
i wish i lived in toronto area. im missing all the fun events


Aren't you in Montreal? I thought sc2QC was doing a lot with the community ^^
www.gamenation.ca , ' starcraftconnection , ' sc2toronto.com (TBA)
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5211
Bisu 2216
Soulkey 1509
EffOrt 1062
Jaedong 961
Horang2 706
Mini 516
actioN 412
ZerO 355
Larva 350
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 264
Yoon 113
Mind 105
Sharp 84
Pusan 79
Dewaltoss 70
Shinee 70
hero 68
Snow 63
Hyun 56
Barracks 53
Bale 42
sorry 38
ToSsGirL 36
Sacsri 21
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 16
NaDa 13
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Terrorterran 9
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4787
qojqva2590
Dendi1120
Counter-Strike
fl0m802
Fnx 600
x6flipin5
Other Games
hiko921
B2W.Neo769
Lowko366
crisheroes296
DeMusliM245
XBOCT215
Liquid`RaSZi213
Hui .194
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX177
QueenE85
Mew2King49
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• mYiSmile10
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV682
League of Legends
• Nemesis2842
• Jankos1858
Other Games
• Shiphtur168
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 31m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.