• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:51
CEST 09:51
KST 16:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9398 users

[GSL] July Code A Semi Finals - Page 49

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 All
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
July 12 2011 01:25 GMT
#961
I'm happy that IMHappy lost.

:D I absolutely detest IMHappy's playstyle, its so boring to watch and his play in flawed in countless ways. To be honest, he reminds me of Inca mostly flawed with some good mixed in that somehow got farther than he deserved.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
Frequencyy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States344 Posts
July 12 2011 01:57 GMT
#962
Puzzle could be the next big protoss if alicia keeps up the way he is puzzle will succeed him.
You will not do incredible things without an incredible dream
DirtYLOu
Profile Joined May 2010
575 Posts
July 12 2011 03:41 GMT
#963
WOW PUZZLE, Just WOW.

Puzzle is my new man crush, he is a beast!
http://sc2ranks.com/c/9051/slayersteam/ <-- SlayerS players in Grandmaster !
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
July 12 2011 07:29 GMT
#964
Puzzle continues to be too perplexing to solve.

That was the strangest cast I've seen on GSL.
Someone call down the Thunder?
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
July 12 2011 07:44 GMT
#965
On July 12 2011 05:20 IPA wrote:
Is anyone finding Wolf and QXC harder and harder to bear? When they stick to the game, they are serviceable casters; when they indulge in 13 year old jokes, I just can't handle. I have never realized how difficult it is to find two good, charismatic, intelligent casters. With the NASL and Code A debacles (casters only, not game quality), it has made me appreciate Tastosis, Day9, Wheat, etc, so much more.

The problem (imo) is that they had an overwhelming good response to their first casts, so I feel yesterday they overdid it. So their were not as natural and spontaneous and it wasn't as good as their first 2 appearance.
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
July 12 2011 07:53 GMT
#966
Is there any monetary prize for coming first in code A?
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
July 12 2011 07:56 GMT
#967
+-1400$
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
July 12 2011 08:09 GMT
#968
On July 12 2011 16:56 MrCon wrote:
+-1400$


Oh, so small compared to code S, but I'm glad they get something.
DeathPengu
Profile Joined January 2011
Taiwan137 Posts
July 12 2011 08:21 GMT
#969
On July 12 2011 17:09 tomatriedes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 16:56 MrCon wrote:
+-1400$


Oh, so small compared to code S, but I'm glad they get something.

I think the code S seed is much more important than the money.
DoubleB
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany870 Posts
July 12 2011 08:29 GMT
#970
On July 12 2011 17:21 DeathPengu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 17:09 tomatriedes wrote:
On July 12 2011 16:56 MrCon wrote:
+-1400$


Oh, so small compared to code S, but I'm glad they get something.

I think the code S seed is much more important than the money.

Well if I could choose, I would take the money 1000x faster than the CodeS seed
dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
July 12 2011 08:40 GMT
#971
On July 12 2011 17:29 DoubleB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 17:21 DeathPengu wrote:
On July 12 2011 17:09 tomatriedes wrote:
On July 12 2011 16:56 MrCon wrote:
+-1400$


Oh, so small compared to code S, but I'm glad they get something.

I think the code S seed is much more important than the money.

Well if I could choose, I would take the money 1000x faster than the CodeS seed

Uhm why? Once you are in Code S it's quite hard to fall out and the prizes there are much, much higher. It's a much better long term investment. You also like all-inning in SC2 :D?
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
July 12 2011 08:43 GMT
#972
On July 12 2011 17:09 tomatriedes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 16:56 MrCon wrote:
+-1400$


Oh, so small compared to code S, but I'm glad they get something.

It also gives something like a 1200$ "salary" when you get to code S.

The new up and down format is very competitive and a guaranteed code S spot is worth a lot now.
Because in most 5 players groups, there will be at least 3 code S worthy players (and often 4), and only 2 will advance. MKP in code A ? No, please
fraktoasters
Profile Joined January 2011
United States617 Posts
July 12 2011 08:46 GMT
#973
On July 12 2011 06:32 IPA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 06:18 DMKraft wrote:
On July 12 2011 06:11 Probe1 wrote:
On July 12 2011 05:55 DMKraft wrote:
On July 12 2011 05:20 IPA wrote:
Is anyone finding Wolf and QXC harder and harder to bear? When they stick to the game, they are serviceable casters; when they indulge in 13 year old jokes, I just can't handle. I have never realized how difficult it is to find two good, charismatic, intelligent casters. With the NASL and Code A debacles (casters only, not game quality), it has made me appreciate Tastosis, Day9, Wheat, etc, so much more.


But why do you like Tastosis India Pale Ale?
Tasteless always mocks angry whiners without a sense of humour. You might want to take offence to that forum guy.
PirateWolf, more like PirateWrofl are awesome, please learn to laugh. NASL also was just great with casters.



If you completely disagree with someone please don't approach it with conceited smugness. It's an opinion.


I didn't like the casting of NASL but honestly I don't think people get why I like Tastosis more than other casters. They provide intelligent AND funny commentary, not funny and intelligent commentary. Wolf/QXC or Gretorp/Incontrol provide neither. They are both funny enough though not as hilarious as Tastosis, but neither one of caster duos show only competent aptitude toward casting.

But it doesn't bother me. I don't listen to commentators more than I watch the games myself.




If you completely disagree with someone please don't approach it with conceited smugness. It's an opinion.



Tastosis are much more cerebral in their approach to both humor and analysis. Wolf/QXC tend to tell bad jokes and giggle like local village idiots. They are both smart people, I don't know why they act like they're in junior high. I don't need to "learn to laugh"; maybe you're a bit younger than me but I need a little more out of my casters' humor than meme jokes, bad puns, and giggling.

Long live the casting archon. I'm waiting for another duo to come close...


Yes Wolf/Qxc should be ashamed for making such asinine jokes. When I watch 15 year olds play a video game I expect only the most cerebral jokes. Please bring back Tastosis' Colossus' having sex, stealing ladder points, and NNEERRRRRDDD jokes!
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 09:02:02
July 12 2011 09:00 GMT
#974
Wow.... Puzzle is yet another player that people were saying was very good like DRG but didn't get the attention, and now he seems to be showing it.

On July 12 2011 17:46 fraktoasters wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 06:32 IPA wrote:
On July 12 2011 06:18 DMKraft wrote:
On July 12 2011 06:11 Probe1 wrote:
On July 12 2011 05:55 DMKraft wrote:
On July 12 2011 05:20 IPA wrote:
Is anyone finding Wolf and QXC harder and harder to bear? When they stick to the game, they are serviceable casters; when they indulge in 13 year old jokes, I just can't handle. I have never realized how difficult it is to find two good, charismatic, intelligent casters. With the NASL and Code A debacles (casters only, not game quality), it has made me appreciate Tastosis, Day9, Wheat, etc, so much more.


But why do you like Tastosis India Pale Ale?
Tasteless always mocks angry whiners without a sense of humour. You might want to take offence to that forum guy.
PirateWolf, more like PirateWrofl are awesome, please learn to laugh. NASL also was just great with casters.



If you completely disagree with someone please don't approach it with conceited smugness. It's an opinion.


I didn't like the casting of NASL but honestly I don't think people get why I like Tastosis more than other casters. They provide intelligent AND funny commentary, not funny and intelligent commentary. Wolf/QXC or Gretorp/Incontrol provide neither. They are both funny enough though not as hilarious as Tastosis, but neither one of caster duos show only competent aptitude toward casting.

But it doesn't bother me. I don't listen to commentators more than I watch the games myself.




If you completely disagree with someone please don't approach it with conceited smugness. It's an opinion.



Tastosis are much more cerebral in their approach to both humor and analysis. Wolf/QXC tend to tell bad jokes and giggle like local village idiots. They are both smart people, I don't know why they act like they're in junior high. I don't need to "learn to laugh"; maybe you're a bit younger than me but I need a little more out of my casters' humor than meme jokes, bad puns, and giggling.

Long live the casting archon. I'm waiting for another duo to come close...


Yes Wolf/Qxc should be ashamed for making such asinine jokes. When I watch 15 year olds play a video game I expect only the most cerebral jokes. Please bring back Tastosis' Colossus' having sex, stealing ladder points, and NNEERRRRRDDD jokes!


Well said.
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
July 12 2011 09:15 GMT
#975
probably been asked a billion times before
but

no qxc? tt
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
July 12 2011 09:18 GMT
#976
On July 12 2011 17:46 fraktoasters wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 06:32 IPA wrote:
On July 12 2011 06:18 DMKraft wrote:
On July 12 2011 06:11 Probe1 wrote:
On July 12 2011 05:55 DMKraft wrote:
On July 12 2011 05:20 IPA wrote:
Is anyone finding Wolf and QXC harder and harder to bear? When they stick to the game, they are serviceable casters; when they indulge in 13 year old jokes, I just can't handle. I have never realized how difficult it is to find two good, charismatic, intelligent casters. With the NASL and Code A debacles (casters only, not game quality), it has made me appreciate Tastosis, Day9, Wheat, etc, so much more.


But why do you like Tastosis India Pale Ale?
Tasteless always mocks angry whiners without a sense of humour. You might want to take offence to that forum guy.
PirateWolf, more like PirateWrofl are awesome, please learn to laugh. NASL also was just great with casters.



If you completely disagree with someone please don't approach it with conceited smugness. It's an opinion.


I didn't like the casting of NASL but honestly I don't think people get why I like Tastosis more than other casters. They provide intelligent AND funny commentary, not funny and intelligent commentary. Wolf/QXC or Gretorp/Incontrol provide neither. They are both funny enough though not as hilarious as Tastosis, but neither one of caster duos show only competent aptitude toward casting.

But it doesn't bother me. I don't listen to commentators more than I watch the games myself.




If you completely disagree with someone please don't approach it with conceited smugness. It's an opinion.



Tastosis are much more cerebral in their approach to both humor and analysis. Wolf/QXC tend to tell bad jokes and giggle like local village idiots. They are both smart people, I don't know why they act like they're in junior high. I don't need to "learn to laugh"; maybe you're a bit younger than me but I need a little more out of my casters' humor than meme jokes, bad puns, and giggling.

Long live the casting archon. I'm waiting for another duo to come close...


Yes Wolf/Qxc should be ashamed for making such asinine jokes. When I watch 15 year olds play a video game I expect only the most cerebral jokes. Please bring back Tastosis' Colossus' having sex, stealing ladder points, and NNEERRRRRDDD jokes!


I realize you're mocking me (that's cool). I guess I would say Wolf/QXC lack certain intangibles in their casting. Sure Tastosis make silly jokes sometimes but their overall approach seems smarter, more informative and more entertaining. I don't think I am alone in thinking that.

If the word cerebral offended you, I hope I've cleared the air. Also, the fact that 15 year olds can be good at a game does not make it any less complex, beautiful and, yes, cerebral.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
Checkm8
Profile Joined March 2011
Japan627 Posts
July 13 2011 12:09 GMT
#977
PvP for a finals? Nice one. I really hated the current state of protoss in the gsl...so sad...
Regenerating brain cells, please wait - - -
Prev 1 47 48 49 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3569
Soma 204
Rush 193
Mong 92
Killer 89
ToSsGirL 85
Shinee 0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss271
byalli4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King129
Other Games
summit1g7830
WinterStarcraft591
ceh9566
olofmeister519
Happy332
dupreeh234
Sick181
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2285
League of Legends
• Stunt448
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.