• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:05
CEST 09:05
KST 16:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9578 users

DreamHack Summer 2011 StarCraft II - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
1777 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 89 Next
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
May 04 2011 02:01 GMT
#121
I think that they shouldn't invite IdrA, so that he can own everyone in the qualifiers. ^^
S.O.L.I.D.
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States792 Posts
May 04 2011 02:23 GMT
#122
On May 04 2011 10:31 Hellspawnl wrote:
I will explain how come MaNa isn't qualified to DreamHack Summer 2011.

It's a DreamHack tradition that the reigning champion is invited to the next tournament, we do that for all the games and have done that for a long time.

The rest of the players Socke, Bischu, MC and White-Ra qualified through DreamHack Sapphire AMD Championship which is DreamHack 2011 StarCraft II in the first to events.

So for every competition there has been a slot to DreamHack Summer 2011 for the winner and the runner up.

I hope that makes some sense.


It just doesn't make sense to me that someone who got second in the coin toss tournament would be qualified when the person who got second in the last BIG Dreamhack tournament would not be qualified.
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
May 04 2011 03:00 GMT
#123
yes! love dreamhack, the stockholm invitational was so well done :D
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
May 04 2011 03:19 GMT
#124
On May 04 2011 11:23 S.O.L.I.D. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 10:31 Hellspawnl wrote:
I will explain how come MaNa isn't qualified to DreamHack Summer 2011.

It's a DreamHack tradition that the reigning champion is invited to the next tournament, we do that for all the games and have done that for a long time.

The rest of the players Socke, Bischu, MC and White-Ra qualified through DreamHack Sapphire AMD Championship which is DreamHack 2011 StarCraft II in the first to events.

So for every competition there has been a slot to DreamHack Summer 2011 for the winner and the runner up.

I hope that makes some sense.


It just doesn't make sense to me that someone who got second in the coin toss tournament would be qualified when the person who got second in the last BIG Dreamhack tournament would not be qualified.


1st place and runner up == invited, except mana is runner up of DHW 2010 and not invited? Your post still doesn't make sense. Also seems strange that none of this was publicized, etc ...
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
borny
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
China481 Posts
May 04 2011 04:41 GMT
#125
On May 04 2011 12:19 Xeris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 11:23 S.O.L.I.D. wrote:
On May 04 2011 10:31 Hellspawnl wrote:
I will explain how come MaNa isn't qualified to DreamHack Summer 2011.

It's a DreamHack tradition that the reigning champion is invited to the next tournament, we do that for all the games and have done that for a long time.

The rest of the players Socke, Bischu, MC and White-Ra qualified through DreamHack Sapphire AMD Championship which is DreamHack 2011 StarCraft II in the first to events.

So for every competition there has been a slot to DreamHack Summer 2011 for the winner and the runner up.

I hope that makes some sense.


It just doesn't make sense to me that someone who got second in the coin toss tournament would be qualified when the person who got second in the last BIG Dreamhack tournament would not be qualified.


1st place and runner up == invited, except mana is runner up of DHW 2010 and not invited? Your post still doesn't make sense. Also seems strange that none of this was publicized, etc ...

Maybe it is because DHW 2010 is not a part of Dreamhack's 2011 run.
Naniwa . July . Morrow . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Go STARTALE!
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
May 04 2011 04:58 GMT
#126
On May 04 2011 13:41 borny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 12:19 Xeris wrote:
On May 04 2011 11:23 S.O.L.I.D. wrote:
On May 04 2011 10:31 Hellspawnl wrote:
I will explain how come MaNa isn't qualified to DreamHack Summer 2011.

It's a DreamHack tradition that the reigning champion is invited to the next tournament, we do that for all the games and have done that for a long time.

The rest of the players Socke, Bischu, MC and White-Ra qualified through DreamHack Sapphire AMD Championship which is DreamHack 2011 StarCraft II in the first to events.

So for every competition there has been a slot to DreamHack Summer 2011 for the winner and the runner up.

I hope that makes some sense.


It just doesn't make sense to me that someone who got second in the coin toss tournament would be qualified when the person who got second in the last BIG Dreamhack tournament would not be qualified.


1st place and runner up == invited, except mana is runner up of DHW 2010 and not invited? Your post still doesn't make sense. Also seems strange that none of this was publicized, etc ...

Maybe it is because DHW 2010 is not a part of Dreamhack's 2011 run.


Ya, I kinda inferred that, but it still isn't incredibly clear. I dunno ~~
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
May 04 2011 06:07 GMT
#127
Especially when Bischu was invited to the finals of that tournament.
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
arew
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Lithuania1861 Posts
May 04 2011 06:10 GMT
#128
Why oh why it should be on the days like these, I could attend at least BYOC tournament if I wouldn't have an exam during these days =((
750/750 emotions fully stacked
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 06:37:38
May 04 2011 06:31 GMT
#129
Did Bischu seriously get an invite purely based on him being invited straight into finals of a previous, unserious, tournament? Not that it particularly matters as you could just invite him at a later stage, though it's questionable if he deserves a spot over some other top players. Having said that, as a Swedish tournament you are of course entitled to invite some local favorites.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
May 04 2011 06:46 GMT
#130
The Bischu situation is strange, but there are plenty of stranger things going on. I still think he's an excellent player.

Dreamhack is quite organized, getting out all of this information this early. I really like what dreamhack is doing with their SC2 events
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
May 04 2011 06:50 GMT
#131
On May 04 2011 15:31 syllogism wrote:
Did Bischu seriously get an invite purely based on him being invited straight into finals of a previous, unserious, tournament? Not that it particularly matters as you could just invite him at a later stage, though it's questionable if he deserves a spot over some other top players. Having said that, as a Swedish tournament you are of course entitled to invite some local favorites.


I'd imagine it's kinda part of the apology towards Bischu for coinflipping him out @DHW 2010.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
kefif
Profile Joined December 2009
Poland264 Posts
May 04 2011 07:00 GMT
#132
I hope DreamHack Winter 2010 Runner-up will be invited too =d <3 Mana
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
May 04 2011 07:08 GMT
#133
I can't wait, every dreamhack has been super amazing, its actually been my dream to go to a dreamhack tournament (although I don't think I can make it out this summer T_T!)
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
May 04 2011 07:51 GMT
#134
On May 04 2011 16:08 Xeris wrote:
I can't wait, every dreamhack has been super amazing, its actually been my dream to go to a dreamhack tournament (although I don't think I can make it out this summer T_T!)

There's always winter! and you seriously do too much for the community that it's insane. if you ever get a chance, go and do it man. keep up the good work.

and dreamhack has, IMO, been the best starcraft 2 tournament to date, all-around. Production, casting, everything. So smooth, such a great tournament. So stoked.
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
May 04 2011 07:58 GMT
#135
On May 04 2011 13:58 Xeris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 13:41 borny wrote:
On May 04 2011 12:19 Xeris wrote:
On May 04 2011 11:23 S.O.L.I.D. wrote:
On May 04 2011 10:31 Hellspawnl wrote:
I will explain how come MaNa isn't qualified to DreamHack Summer 2011.

It's a DreamHack tradition that the reigning champion is invited to the next tournament, we do that for all the games and have done that for a long time.

The rest of the players Socke, Bischu, MC and White-Ra qualified through DreamHack Sapphire AMD Championship which is DreamHack 2011 StarCraft II in the first to events.

So for every competition there has been a slot to DreamHack Summer 2011 for the winner and the runner up.

I hope that makes some sense.


It just doesn't make sense to me that someone who got second in the coin toss tournament would be qualified when the person who got second in the last BIG Dreamhack tournament would not be qualified.


1st place and runner up == invited, except mana is runner up of DHW 2010 and not invited? Your post still doesn't make sense. Also seems strange that none of this was publicized, etc ...

Maybe it is because DHW 2010 is not a part of Dreamhack's 2011 run.


Ya, I kinda inferred that, but it still isn't incredibly clear. I dunno ~~


I guess you need to know some history to understand the answer.

The DH tradition = the winner gets invite

When DHW10 was played the AMD championship didn't exist.

When the AMD championship was made for 2011 a invite for the runner-up was added in the "prize pool" in some of the tournaments.

Pretty simple really, non drama.
I am not young enough to know everything.
Gigaudas
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Sweden1213 Posts
May 04 2011 09:09 GMT
#136
Bischu had come a good way towards the prize-money on the last LAN when a coin-flip knocked him out. I think this is a great way to compensate him.
I
S.O.L.I.D.
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States792 Posts
May 04 2011 11:54 GMT
#137
On May 04 2011 16:58 Jiddra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 13:58 Xeris wrote:
On May 04 2011 13:41 borny wrote:
On May 04 2011 12:19 Xeris wrote:
On May 04 2011 11:23 S.O.L.I.D. wrote:
On May 04 2011 10:31 Hellspawnl wrote:
I will explain how come MaNa isn't qualified to DreamHack Summer 2011.

It's a DreamHack tradition that the reigning champion is invited to the next tournament, we do that for all the games and have done that for a long time.

The rest of the players Socke, Bischu, MC and White-Ra qualified through DreamHack Sapphire AMD Championship which is DreamHack 2011 StarCraft II in the first to events.

So for every competition there has been a slot to DreamHack Summer 2011 for the winner and the runner up.

I hope that makes some sense.


It just doesn't make sense to me that someone who got second in the coin toss tournament would be qualified when the person who got second in the last BIG Dreamhack tournament would not be qualified.


1st place and runner up == invited, except mana is runner up of DHW 2010 and not invited? Your post still doesn't make sense. Also seems strange that none of this was publicized, etc ...

Maybe it is because DHW 2010 is not a part of Dreamhack's 2011 run.


Ya, I kinda inferred that, but it still isn't incredibly clear. I dunno ~~


I guess you need to know some history to understand the answer.

The DH tradition = the winner gets invite

When DHW10 was played the AMD championship didn't exist.

When the AMD championship was made for 2011 a invite for the runner-up was added in the "prize pool" in some of the tournaments.

Pretty simple really, non drama.


It's not drama, it's just stupid. Bischu was put into the finals of the coinflip tournament before the tournament started, and now he gets an invite to DH summer. MaNa played his ass off and got second in DH 2010, and he is not qualified. I don't care if it's tradition or whatever, it's just not fair to MaNa.
Maffe
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden133 Posts
May 04 2011 12:10 GMT
#138
Looking forward to watching this. Should get pretty exciting.
im this and what is 12
Hellspawnl
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden103 Posts
May 04 2011 12:13 GMT
#139


Highlight video from DreamHack Stockholm Invitational
@Hellspawnlord - hellspawn@rakaka.se - Editor of Rakaka.se - Head Admin of Dreamhack Starcraft 2
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 12:22:08
May 04 2011 12:19 GMT
#140
On May 04 2011 20:54 S.O.L.I.D. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 16:58 Jiddra wrote:
On May 04 2011 13:58 Xeris wrote:
On May 04 2011 13:41 borny wrote:
On May 04 2011 12:19 Xeris wrote:
On May 04 2011 11:23 S.O.L.I.D. wrote:
On May 04 2011 10:31 Hellspawnl wrote:
I will explain how come MaNa isn't qualified to DreamHack Summer 2011.

It's a DreamHack tradition that the reigning champion is invited to the next tournament, we do that for all the games and have done that for a long time.

The rest of the players Socke, Bischu, MC and White-Ra qualified through DreamHack Sapphire AMD Championship which is DreamHack 2011 StarCraft II in the first to events.

So for every competition there has been a slot to DreamHack Summer 2011 for the winner and the runner up.

I hope that makes some sense.


It just doesn't make sense to me that someone who got second in the coin toss tournament would be qualified when the person who got second in the last BIG Dreamhack tournament would not be qualified.


1st place and runner up == invited, except mana is runner up of DHW 2010 and not invited? Your post still doesn't make sense. Also seems strange that none of this was publicized, etc ...

Maybe it is because DHW 2010 is not a part of Dreamhack's 2011 run.


Ya, I kinda inferred that, but it still isn't incredibly clear. I dunno ~~


I guess you need to know some history to understand the answer.

The DH tradition = the winner gets invite

When DHW10 was played the AMD championship didn't exist.

When the AMD championship was made for 2011 a invite for the runner-up was added in the "prize pool" in some of the tournaments.

Pretty simple really, non drama.


It's not drama, it's just stupid. Bischu was put into the finals of the coinflip tournament before the tournament started, and now he gets an invite to DH summer. MaNa played his ass off and got second in DH 2010, and he is not qualified. I don't care if it's tradition or whatever, it's just not fair to MaNa.


You are however missing the major point, the runner up invite didn't exist when DHW10 was played, it was created in the prizepools of the AMD championships.

Kind of hard to plan for things that is not created yet. The DHW10 was played with the standard rules, that they always have used regarding prizepool invites, the change came later.

You must have a shift somewhere when changing the construction of a prizepool from one invite to two.
I am not young enough to know everything.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 89 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 973
BeSt 298
sorry 83
Mind 68
Soma 49
Bale 23
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
JimRising 708
Other Games
summit1g9211
Coldzera 713
WinterStarcraft691
C9.Mang0291
Sick179
febbydoto10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick671
BasetradeTV219
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2211
Other Games
• Shiphtur731
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 56m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.