• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:46
CEST 22:46
KST 05:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8651 users

HD World Tournament [Sponsored by IGN/JustinTV] - Page 24

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 All
ct2299
Profile Joined February 2011
380 Posts
May 22 2011 15:25 GMT
#461
I'm also wondering why CatZ would be invited (he hasn't played well at all lately, as shown by the results) and not MorroW. I really hope it's because MorroW declined/schedule conflict as opposed to him being overlooked. He is a far far better Zerg and actually wins games.
nathangonmad
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom317 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-22 15:51:14
May 22 2011 15:50 GMT
#462
Man HD you got more views than the TSL3 Vods got. How do you get to be so popular ? Some sort of hidden hypnosis in youre videos?
Keep trying Leenock
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
May 22 2011 16:44 GMT
#463
+ Show Spoiler +

Man Strelok is just impressive as hell lately... Probably the best EU terran with Kas at the moment.

Ownos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2147 Posts
May 22 2011 19:27 GMT
#464
+ Show Spoiler +
I wanted Strelok to win, but I like Dimaga. This finals was so unpredictable. Lots of times I thought Strelok would lose it. Strange that Dimaga stopped using that Ling/Infestor/Ultra when it worked out for him OK the first two times. And oh man that final game... It did seem Dimaga was going to do a bust. BO countered?
...deeper and deeper into the bowels of El Diablo
Q8_Devil
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom63 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-22 19:46:25
May 22 2011 19:46 GMT
#465
ownos
+ Show Spoiler +
yes it was bo counter because he didn't upgrade his hatchery into lair.
that's why strlock managed to do a lot of damage with cloaked banshee
Matrix
Aristodemus
Profile Joined January 2011
England2014 Posts
May 23 2011 08:58 GMT
#466
Congratualtions to + Show Spoiler +
Strelok
but both finalists did an awesome job this tournament. Finals were really good too.
once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
May 23 2011 09:09 GMT
#467
Must have been tiring HD, good job running this entire tourney by yourself. Probably would have been easier to have it have been the HDH2, but obviously that didn't go through. Good job HD.
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
Gurgl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden308 Posts
May 23 2011 10:53 GMT
#468
Anyone else notice that in every American vs non-American match the non-American won? :/
I´m European and sure I´m happy that Europeans are doing well but honestly the gap only seems to get bigger and bigger atm which makes it less interesting.

I hope some Americans step it up for MLG and Dreamhack to make things more interesting. MLG and Dreamhack is going to be us foreigners against the Koreans afterall and if all foreigners get rolled by the Koreans it´s BW all over again :/
ct2299
Profile Joined February 2011
380 Posts
May 24 2011 09:51 GMT
#469
On May 23 2011 19:53 Gurgl wrote:
Anyone else notice that in every American vs non-American match the non-American won? :/
I´m European and sure I´m happy that Europeans are doing well but honestly the gap only seems to get bigger and bigger atm which makes it less interesting.

I hope some Americans step it up for MLG and Dreamhack to make things more interesting. MLG and Dreamhack is going to be us foreigners against the Koreans afterall and if all foreigners get rolled by the Koreans it´s BW all over again :/


Pretty sure it's been established that North America (specifically USA) is the the weakest when comparing it to the other Starcraft 2 playing continents.
vojnik
Profile Joined October 2010
Macedonia923 Posts
May 29 2011 17:02 GMT
#470
what an exciting finals everyone should check them out
also gj on HD casting those intense games :D
gratz to both finalist giving epic games
For the swarm!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 29 2011 17:09 GMT
#471
On May 24 2011 18:51 ct2299 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2011 19:53 Gurgl wrote:
Anyone else notice that in every American vs non-American match the non-American won? :/
I´m European and sure I´m happy that Europeans are doing well but honestly the gap only seems to get bigger and bigger atm which makes it less interesting.

I hope some Americans step it up for MLG and Dreamhack to make things more interesting. MLG and Dreamhack is going to be us foreigners against the Koreans afterall and if all foreigners get rolled by the Koreans it´s BW all over again :/


Pretty sure it's been established that North America (specifically USA) is the the weakest when comparing it to the other Starcraft 2 playing continents.


Really? I don't think it is established at all. In fact, I figured, personally, it was the opposite or on even grounds with Europe.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
May 29 2011 18:12 GMT
#472
On May 30 2011 02:09 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 18:51 ct2299 wrote:
On May 23 2011 19:53 Gurgl wrote:
Anyone else notice that in every American vs non-American match the non-American won? :/
I´m European and sure I´m happy that Europeans are doing well but honestly the gap only seems to get bigger and bigger atm which makes it less interesting.

I hope some Americans step it up for MLG and Dreamhack to make things more interesting. MLG and Dreamhack is going to be us foreigners against the Koreans afterall and if all foreigners get rolled by the Koreans it´s BW all over again :/


Pretty sure it's been established that North America (specifically USA) is the the weakest when comparing it to the other Starcraft 2 playing continents.


Really? I don't think it is established at all. In fact, I figured, personally, it was the opposite or on even grounds with Europe.

You assumed wrong. The best players in NA are on even ground with the best europeans. But there are a lot more europeans in that group.
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
May 29 2011 18:27 GMT
#473
On May 30 2011 02:09 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 18:51 ct2299 wrote:
On May 23 2011 19:53 Gurgl wrote:
Anyone else notice that in every American vs non-American match the non-American won? :/
I´m European and sure I´m happy that Europeans are doing well but honestly the gap only seems to get bigger and bigger atm which makes it less interesting.

I hope some Americans step it up for MLG and Dreamhack to make things more interesting. MLG and Dreamhack is going to be us foreigners against the Koreans afterall and if all foreigners get rolled by the Koreans it´s BW all over again :/


Pretty sure it's been established that North America (specifically USA) is the the weakest when comparing it to the other Starcraft 2 playing continents.


Really? I don't think it is established at all. In fact, I figured, personally, it was the opposite or on even grounds with Europe.

Nah, it pretty much is. Sure, the best NA players can keep face with the best EU players, but there's nowhere close to as many as them.. Also EU's ladder is harder then NA's.
hi. big fan.
xSixGeneralHan
Profile Joined April 2011
United States528 Posts
May 29 2011 19:24 GMT
#474
Good job HD
Team Operations Director for CheckSix Gaming
Teddimijia
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14 Posts
May 30 2011 07:59 GMT
#475
On May 24 2011 18:51 ct2299 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2011 19:53 Gurgl wrote:
Anyone else notice that in every American vs non-American match the non-American won? :/
I´m European and sure I´m happy that Europeans are doing well but honestly the gap only seems to get bigger and bigger atm which makes it less interesting.

I hope some Americans step it up for MLG and Dreamhack to make things more interesting. MLG and Dreamhack is going to be us foreigners against the Koreans afterall and if all foreigners get rolled by the Koreans it´s BW all over again :/


Pretty sure it's been established that North America (specifically USA) is the the weakest when comparing it to the other Starcraft 2 playing continents.



I'm pretty sure that NA does pretty well and is on par with Europe. I'm pretty sure Huk got in the top 8 of MLG Dallas and I know Idra just won a major tournament. Idra is also the closest non-Korean to be on national Korean television so I think NA has plenty of great players. =)
I've spared with demons from the Nine Hells themselves, I shall barely break a sweat here today.
vijeze
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands719 Posts
May 30 2011 09:51 GMT
#476
On May 23 2011 00:50 nathangonmad wrote:
Man HD you got more views than the TSL3 Vods got. How do you get to be so popular ? Some sort of hidden hypnosis in youre videos?

TSL was casted live aswell. Up to 45k+ people watched that :')
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
May 30 2011 10:03 GMT
#477
On May 30 2011 16:59 Teddimijia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 18:51 ct2299 wrote:
On May 23 2011 19:53 Gurgl wrote:
Anyone else notice that in every American vs non-American match the non-American won? :/
I´m European and sure I´m happy that Europeans are doing well but honestly the gap only seems to get bigger and bigger atm which makes it less interesting.

I hope some Americans step it up for MLG and Dreamhack to make things more interesting. MLG and Dreamhack is going to be us foreigners against the Koreans afterall and if all foreigners get rolled by the Koreans it´s BW all over again :/


Pretty sure it's been established that North America (specifically USA) is the the weakest when comparing it to the other Starcraft 2 playing continents.



I'm pretty sure that NA does pretty well and is on par with Europe. I'm pretty sure Huk got in the top 8 of MLG Dallas and I know Idra just won a major tournament. Idra is also the closest non-Korean to be on national Korean television so I think NA has plenty of great players. =)


Well, nearly all the players that play MLG are from NA so that doesn't say much ^^

And yeah as someone said, people lika Idra, Huk, Kiwikaki, Sheth or TT1 are on the highest level and can compete with European top players, but the group of European top players is way bigger.
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
xyvh
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark3 Posts
May 30 2011 10:05 GMT
#478
On May 30 2011 16:59 Teddimijia wrote:


I'm pretty sure that NA does pretty well and is on par with Europe. I'm pretty sure Huk got in the top 8 of MLG Dallas and I know Idra just won a major tournament. Idra is also the closest non-Korean to be on national Korean television so I think NA has plenty of great players. =)


IPL Season 1 only starred players from North America, so IdrA's major tournament win is pretty moot in that regard.
Prev 1 22 23 24 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason116
Railgan 62
SpeCial 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16091
Dewaltoss 156
Hyuk 116
firebathero 103
Mini 22
Terrorterran 15
ZZZero.O 0
Dota 2
febbydoto33
League of Legends
Doublelift2960
Counter-Strike
Fnx 956
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5751
crisheroes926
Other Games
summit1g5708
FrodaN2715
Beastyqt984
fl0m907
mouzStarbuck422
KnowMe323
ArmadaUGS106
ToD83
Mew2King49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1210
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 102
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• 80smullet 18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 11589
Other Games
• imaqtpie848
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 14m
INu's Battles
15h 14m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 14m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 14m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.