• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:53
CEST 04:53
KST 11:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7539 users

DreamHack SteelSeries Lan Tournament - Page 274

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
5794 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 272 273 274 275 276 290 Next
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
November 26 2010 22:26 GMT
#5461
On November 27 2010 07:23 BlazingInferno wrote:
So far, Dreamhack has been pretty good.

1) BO1 did not lose players games. They were outplayed in individual games by opponents which eventually lost them the games. Except the amazingly stupid coin-toss decider, I don't think anyone can blame the format for players getting knocked out. I mean, the players themselves would say that they lost because they did not play up to mark and who are we to argue.

2) You guys have to stop saying LOL at Dreamhack for pitting Inca and Top together. Yeah, it was obviously planned right. They were both last-minute additions replacing other players. So, there is no way they were going to shift their brackets and schedule just for a bunch of amazing Koreans, no matter how much great Starcraft 2 players they may be.

3) D. Apollo sometimes looks terrified sitting next to Day 9. I personally feel D.Apollo has been good so far but he tends to over-analyze things and he takes the lead from Day most of the time. Now, I am sure he would agree that in terms of sheer experience in analyzing SC2, Day is the king, so I feel it has to be a bit more slanted towards his opinion. Even though Apollo is also doing a great job at it.

4) TotalBiscuit is just pure Gold. If there is one thing Dreamhack has to be thanked for, it is bringing this guy to our eyes. I am sure I am not the only one who has just been introduced to him but that guy is insanely awesome. I think he would work best alone though. Since his analysis cannot be compared to someone like Day's but his entertainment value is over the top.

5) Mana finally proving that the Stargate is still viable against Zerg if you can pull it off properly. I think he was awesome in general with his various strategies. Plus, I am pretty sure he is from the same team as WhiteRa which just makes him a complete baller IMO.

Yeah, there are a lot of amazing things to come out of this tournament. There are also some mistakes like the amazingly stupid coin-toss, Day losing his control for a bit and all that. But, so far, I<3 Dreamhack.

I cannot wait for tomorrow and really want Tyler to take this one since he has not won a major WoL tournament as of yet. Tyler hwaiting!


Absolutely brilliant summarizations.
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
November 26 2010 22:26 GMT
#5462
On November 27 2010 07:20 Lobo2me wrote:
they did a coinflip(which should have been a Bo3 coinflip between each player).

I didn't get to watch, but what does this mean? I don't see any point in a Bo3 coinflip. It's already completely random, right?
Jabanoss
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden19 Posts
November 26 2010 22:27 GMT
#5463
Does anyone know if they will post the replays of all the games?
dunno lol
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
November 26 2010 22:27 GMT
#5464
On November 27 2010 07:26 LittleeD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2010 07:23 BlazingInferno wrote:
So far, Dreamhack has been pretty good.

1) BO1 did not lose players games. They were outplayed in individual games by opponents which eventually lost them the games. Except the amazingly stupid coin-toss decider, I don't think anyone can blame the format for players getting knocked out. I mean, the players themselves would say that they lost because they did not play up to mark and who are we to argue.

2) You guys have to stop saying LOL at Dreamhack for pitting Inca and Top together. Yeah, it was obviously planned right. They were both last-minute additions replacing other players. So, there is no way they were going to shift their brackets and schedule just for a bunch of amazing Koreans, no matter how much great Starcraft 2 players they may be.

3) D. Apollo sometimes looks terrified sitting next to Day 9. I personally feel D.Apollo has been good so far but he tends to over-analyze things and he takes the lead from Day most of the time. Now, I am sure he would agree that in terms of sheer experience in analyzing SC2, Day is the king, so I feel it has to be a bit more slanted towards his opinion. Even though Apollo is also doing a great job at it.

4) TotalBiscuit is just pure Gold. If there is one thing Dreamhack has to be thanked for, it is bringing this guy to our eyes. I am sure I am not the only one who has just been introduced to him but that guy is insanely awesome. I think he would work best alone though. Since his analysis cannot be compared to someone like Day's but his entertainment value is over the top.

5) Mana finally proving that the Stargate is still viable against Zerg if you can pull it off properly. I think he was awesome in general with his various strategies. Plus, I am pretty sure he is from the same team as WhiteRa which just makes him a complete baller IMO.

Yeah, there are a lot of amazing things to come out of this tournament. There are also some mistakes like the amazingly stupid coin-toss, Day losing his control for a bit and all that. But, so far, I<3 Dreamhack.

I cannot wait for tomorrow and really want Tyler to take this one since he has not won a major WoL tournament as of yet. Tyler hwaiting!


Absolutely brilliant summarizations.


Pretty much, haters gonna hate.
Kevmeister @ Dota2
bananafever
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria348 Posts
November 26 2010 22:27 GMT
#5465
On November 27 2010 07:17 thesighter wrote:
The top players in Dreamhack are NON-Euro: Inca, Top, Tyler, and Fenix.

Are there ANY good players in Europe?? Only Socke has played well.

User was temp banned for this and a history of bad posts.


ret would take out everyone easily
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
November 26 2010 22:27 GMT
#5466
On November 27 2010 07:17 thesighter wrote:
The top players in Dreamhack are NON-Euro: Inca, Top, Tyler, and Fenix.

Are there ANY good players in Europe?? Only Socke has played well.


What makes you assume Inca is a top player at Dreamhack? Is it his loss vs Tyler or TOP? Or is it his wins vs the random guys ActionJesus and Daboo?

Too obvious flame bait.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
November 26 2010 22:27 GMT
#5467
and now 10.000 active on TL, wow, together with the 30.000 viewers thats just OUT of this world
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
taLbuk
Profile Joined April 2010
Madagascar1879 Posts
November 26 2010 22:27 GMT
#5468
On November 27 2010 07:25 samhuan wrote:
US has the worst players compared to their players population.


Why do people even take the time to post things like this, do they even think before they hit the enter key?
killerkoala
Profile Joined October 2010
518 Posts
November 26 2010 22:27 GMT
#5469
On November 27 2010 07:17 HeIios wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2010 07:16 FliedLice wrote:
On November 27 2010 07:15 killerkoala wrote:
Day9 said it starts up again tomorrow at 10AM. Does this mean EST or a different timezone?


10AM is probably CET since he is in sweden atm.


So you don't go to another country and completely disregard their timezone and count your own?

So it's just not me.

lol


Well for me, I wasn't sure where dreamhack was at so i just threw EST out there since it is where i am at. lol
Panda Bear guy is PISSED
brentsen
Profile Joined November 2010
1252 Posts
November 26 2010 22:28 GMT
#5470
I would say Europe is even slightly ahead of NA but that's just me. Don't let me disturb the trolling.
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
November 26 2010 22:28 GMT
#5471
So much troll in this thread :S
Poko
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland40 Posts
November 26 2010 22:28 GMT
#5472
[image loading]

good times.
Moragon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States355 Posts
November 26 2010 22:28 GMT
#5473
On November 27 2010 07:21 sleepingdog wrote:
Wow, I'm really surprised that none of the zergs survived....also protoss is doing extremely well, it's 4 T and 4 P remaining if i'm not mistaken.

Clearly shows that something is off in racial diversity/balance concerning NA/EU <> Korea...don't know if it's just different styles or what.


Or that all of the top terrans and zergs are still playing in the GSL while the top toss were knocked out in qualifiers and able to attend. 12 Toss werent able to come because of GSL, compare that to 24 terran and 27 zerg, among them Jinro, IdrA, Ret, Sen, and Haypro, and you will understand.
resilve
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom678 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-26 22:30:14
November 26 2010 22:28 GMT
#5474
On November 27 2010 07:23 BlazingInferno wrote:
So far, Dreamhack has been pretty good.

1) BO1 did not lose players games. They were outplayed in individual games by opponents which eventually lost them the games. Except the amazingly stupid coin-toss decider, I don't think anyone can blame the format for players getting knocked out. I mean, the players themselves would say that they lost because they did not play up to mark and who are we to argue.



I have to agree with this actually. I was sure that cheese would rule and good players would loose to lesser ones because of it.

But actually, players have decided that:

'Hey, I am good at this game, and if I cheese and they scout it I 90% loose. Therefore I should go for a proper timing attack/macro game where I have a much higher chance of winning, or rather - a higher chance of not loosing'

There are only a very few cases of cheese winning because of the allin-in-bo1.

And for good players like darkforce to make it through the BYOC is evidence of this, aswell as (with a few exceptions like DeMusliM) the majority of better/expected players making it to the ro16.


Socke Fighting!!!!
Uncultured
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1340 Posts
November 26 2010 22:29 GMT
#5475
So... Is no one going to comment on how bad both morrow and mana's play was? When protoss does for a 15-17 nexus, and you went pool first.. Build a roach warren and rofl your way to victory.

Never cancel a warp-gate to get a forge...

Targeting the highest health building possible with dt's...

Morrow didn't scout Mana at all to check for any tech. And so was owned hard by void/phoenix.

There's more, and I know, they're way better than me. I also know that players make mistakes in high profile matches where money is on the line. But no one is talking about it... so... yeah. Thought I'd point it out.



Don't you rage when you lose too? -FruitDealer
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
November 26 2010 22:29 GMT
#5476
Tyler vs TOP in the finals would be so amazing. Pretty sure that if it comes to that, Tyler could take it all, he does fantastic in high profile games.
mYNDIG
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway179 Posts
November 26 2010 22:30 GMT
#5477
Why complain about the inCa and TOP match? If inCa had won his group, then they wouldn't meet in the first round.

DH isn't going to change the brackets totaly because of that = )
We all die in the end
LoCaD
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1634 Posts
November 26 2010 22:30 GMT
#5478
On November 27 2010 07:23 BlazingInferno wrote:
4) TotalBiscuit is just pure Gold. If there is one thing Dreamhack has to be thanked for, it is bringing this guy to our eyes. I am sure I am not the only one who has just been introduced to him but that guy is insanely awesome. I think he would work best alone though. Since his analysis cannot be compared to someone like Day's but his entertainment value is over the top.

5) Mana finally proving that the Stargate is still viable against Zerg if you can pull it off properly. I think he was awesome in general with his various strategies. Plus, I am pretty sure he is from the same team as WhiteRa which just makes him a complete baller IMO.

Yeah, there are a lot of amazing things to come out of this tournament. There are also some mistakes like the amazingly stupid coin-toss, Day losing his control for a bit and all that. But, so far, I<3 Dreamhack.

I cannot wait for tomorrow and really want Tyler to take this one since he has not won a major WoL tournament as of yet. Tyler hwaiting!


to 4 fully aggree didnt know TB before this but he was so awesome entertaining wise he would make a really great day9 partner.

to 5 Mana did actally the very legit Sky Toss Build from GSL which is extremly effective vs Zerg in Korea from last SotG from Idra himself,

all in all i agree DH okay but very Cheese what I dont like at all. And from the Coin-Flip I hope to hear in the next SotG and .... ActionCHEESUZ

so yeah German Socke Toss Hwaiting.
I give up, I just don't know what to write here.
Kilby
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland1069 Posts
November 26 2010 22:30 GMT
#5479
Pretty surprising results but very entertaining games so far.

I'm guessing the finals is going to be TOP vs Tyler.
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
November 26 2010 22:30 GMT
#5480
On November 27 2010 07:30 mYNDIG wrote:
Why complain about the inCa and TOP match? If inCa had won his group, then they wouldn't meet in the first round.

DH isn't going to change the brackets totaly because of that = )


somebody should actually put that on top of the first post in bold red letters or something


see you tomorrow dreamhack
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Prev 1 272 273 274 275 276 290 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 228
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 222
Terrorterran 20
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
Doublelift6055
JimRising 770
Counter-Strike
taco 293
minikerr35
Other Games
summit1g12169
C9.Mang0359
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1247
BasetradeTV171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP152
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo240
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 8m
Replay Cast
20h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.