• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:16
CEST 17:16
KST 00:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8477 users

DreamHack SteelSeries Lan Tournament - Page 16

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
5794 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 290 Next
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
November 23 2010 13:03 GMT
#301
Yea Martijn/kraut, whats "ouch" with that? Did the same ladder maps that have been used forever in every tourny suddenly become 10 time worse?
butch
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium684 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 13:38:15
November 23 2010 13:04 GMT
#302
now he can't all-in @ jungle/blistering ^_^
Marauder Die Die
zere
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1287 Posts
November 23 2010 13:08 GMT
#303
On November 23 2010 22:00 Redox wrote:
Wahts "ouch" about that? Its the ladder pool minus 1 map.


Minus 2: Jungle + Blistering.

But, seriously, DH, come on. It's a 5-day LAN. It must be possible in some way to hold 2 BO3 tournaments ...

[sarcasm]
+ Show Spoiler +

The magical glass crystal on Nostradamus TV (call 1-800-DESTINY) brings us exclusive interviews from Dreamhack participants:

"Hello, how was Dreamhack for you all?"
aTnDaRkFoRcE: "I was SCV-Bunkerrushed in close positions in my game on Metalopolis and flew back to Germany."
dignitas.KiLLeR: "I was cannonrushed in my game on Scrap Station and flew back to Chile."
oGsTOP: "I was 6pooled in my game on Steppes of War and flew back to Korea."
[/sarcasm]

ModeratorWenn ich einmal traurig bin, dann trink' ich einen Korn. Wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann trink' ich noch 'nen Korn. Und wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann fang' ich an von vorn!
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
November 23 2010 13:12 GMT
#304
Should be streaming this as well, just confirming with Blizzard that I'm covered under TheGameStation's license.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
November 23 2010 13:18 GMT
#305
On November 23 2010 22:08 zere wrote:
But, seriously, DH, come on. It's a 5-day LAN. It must be possible in some way to hold 2 BO3 tournaments ...

4day actually, and its pretty much over on sunday afaik, so only 3 days with real activities. Im fine with the qualifier being largely Bo1 too, after all they have to work through up to 500 players in one day and get it down to 8. However I dont see how it would be any problem at all running group stage games as Bo3. Maybe it would make the schedule more tight and there would have to be overlapping rounds played at the same time, but Bo3 is just so much more enjoyable as a viewer (and most certainly as a player too).
Martijn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 13:31:44
November 23 2010 13:24 GMT
#306
On November 23 2010 22:00 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 21:47 Martijn wrote:
http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw10/files/2010/11/DreamHack-Winter-Official-SC2-rules.pdf
The tournament map pool includes the following maps: Lost Temple, Scrap Station,
Delta Quadrant, Metalopolis, Shakuras Plateau, Xel'Naga Caverns, Steppes of War.

Wahts "ouch" about that? Its the ladder pool minus 1 map.
And as you can eliminate maps I dont see anyone play on maps he doesnt like.


On November 23 2010 22:03 Kreb wrote:
Yea Martijn/kraut, whats "ouch" with that? Did the same ladder maps that have been used forever in every tourny suddenly become 10 time worse?


Of course I'm speaking from a caster standpoint, but the entire first phase of the tournament is likely to be played on 1, 2 maps. It won't harm the quality of the tournament and the level of play as much as it will be less entertaining. If you don't get what I'm talking about, try commentating nothing but one map for an 8 hour session. It's not an ouch for the players, it's an ouch for me ;p

Edit: Oh I see where it went wrong. I'm mostly referring to the best of 1's, seeming most of them will just end up on xel.
http://www.glhf.tv fighting! Former WesternWolves & LowLandLions operations manager.
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
November 23 2010 13:32 GMT
#307
On November 23 2010 22:12 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Should be streaming this as well, just confirming with Blizzard that I'm covered under TheGameStation's license.

Whoah that would actually be very cool.
So everybody gets to choose the style of commentary he prefers. :D

Off-season = best season
imax
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden31 Posts
November 23 2010 13:45 GMT
#308
I wonder what commentary Swedish TV will have, I bet that it will not be as high quality that we are use to with GSL and day 9. But I hope they can get it right, to bring some Wight to the sport in Sweden.
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 14:38:57
November 23 2010 14:11 GMT
#309
On November 23 2010 18:55 Kreb wrote:
Looks like group stage games are going to be Bo1 (Bo3 bracket play and Bo5 final). That has the potential to fuck things up with people losing to cheesy strats in some matches and then simply be out of the tournament because of that. The group stage games should really be Bo3.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_tournament

Don't Use Bo1 when describing round robin. Say either single round robin or double round robin.

Groups are single round robin--probably should have been a double round robin so that cheesy strats are less effective. AFAIK almost no tournament for anything anywhere does a triple round robin for groups of 4 (meaning 9 games for each player).

Qualifiers should have aslo been Bo3 imo.

edit- actually, I'm going to assume you meant Bo3 for each round robin. But in the event of tiebreakers, someone alwayswill complain.

Example: In the classic
Player A: 2-1 (let's say player A won 2:0 2:0 lost 1:2)
Player B: 2-1 (won 2:0 2:1 lost 1:2)
Player C: 2-1 (won 2:1 won 2:1 lost 0:2)
Player D: 0-3

Point differentials give A and B advancing, while it's pretty silly to use point differential to make C not advance in starcraft. Starcraft is so dependent on maps and how they effect each race--for example, A and B can be terran while C played Zerg with a map like Lost Temple in the map pool. But a tiebreaker makes Player A mad that he has to both playing tiebreaker.

Round Robin tournaments need equal games played to be most effective/least controversial.
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
OminouS
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1343 Posts
November 23 2010 14:54 GMT
#310
On November 23 2010 22:45 imax wrote:
I wonder what commentary Swedish TV will have, I bet that it will not be as high quality that we are use to with GSL and day 9. But I hope they can get it right, to bring some Wight to the sport in Sweden.


I say stick to Day9.

Also, I only think SVTPlay will stream the finals.
On the 6th day JF made Reavers and on the 7th day JF put his opponent to rest
10or10
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden517 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 15:02:49
November 23 2010 15:00 GMT
#311


swedish site rakaka.se has posted a small preview of the new esports area, it's in swedish but you will see:
1st one of the big LAN halls (not for progamers)
@1:00 the new "esport hall", the progamers will sit here as it is less loud but is not exclusive for them.
@1:30 day9s stream stage.
@2:00 various other e-sports I never heard of, like cs, hon, ssf.
@2:30 the tournament computers for sc2.
|| @10or10 || 이영호 이제동 - 화이팅 ^^ ||
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
November 23 2010 15:01 GMT
#312
NTT will also be making an appearance apparently.
Martijn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
November 23 2010 15:15 GMT
#313
On November 23 2010 23:54 OminouS wrote:
I say stick to Day9.

Also, I only think SVTPlay will stream the finals.


If I got this right, they'll be using day9's commentary too.

On November 24 2010 00:01 StarStruck wrote:
NTT will also be making an appearance apparently.


I'll be sharing a hotel room with him, seeming he's with LLL as well now. Still pondering whether to wake him up by jumping on his bed screaming "BANELING BUST!"
http://www.glhf.tv fighting! Former WesternWolves & LowLandLions operations manager.
cuppatea
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom1401 Posts
November 23 2010 15:19 GMT
#314
bo1 in the groups?

So people are flying across the world to potentially play 3 maps and go home?
ParasitJonte
Profile Joined September 2004
Sweden1768 Posts
November 23 2010 15:24 GMT
#315
Wow. This tourny will be awesome actually!
Hello=)
Kimoto
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway70 Posts
November 23 2010 15:25 GMT
#316
Anyone from Copenhagen driving there? ^_^
EGIdrA - DIMAGA - oGsTheSTC - LiquidTLO
bobhund
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden364 Posts
November 23 2010 15:35 GMT
#317
On November 24 2010 00:15 Martijn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 23:54 OminouS wrote:
I say stick to Day9.

Also, I only think SVTPlay will stream the finals.


If I got this right, they'll be using day9's commentary too.

Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 00:01 StarStruck wrote:
NTT will also be making an appearance apparently.


I'll be sharing a hotel room with him, seeming he's with LLL as well now. Still pondering whether to wake him up by jumping on his bed screaming "BANELING BUST!"

Nah, I do not think that it will be day9's stream that SVT will send, since SVT is something that have only so far broadcasted in swedish. I am 99% sure but I will confirm it when I know 100%.
Editor in chief at Rakaka.se
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
November 23 2010 15:38 GMT
#318
On November 24 2010 00:19 cuppatea wrote:
bo1 in the groups?

So people are flying across the world to potentially play 3 maps and go home?


As a player and spectator, believe me, I know this might be upsetting. But you have to realise that Dreamhack is the biggest LAN event in the entire world right now, hosting like 8-10 different e-sports tournaments at the same time. From an admins point of view, there's simply just not enough time to let everyone have what they want .
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
Martijn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
November 23 2010 15:59 GMT
#319
On November 24 2010 00:35 bobhund wrote:
Nah, I do not think that it will be day9's stream that SVT will send, since SVT is something that have only so far broadcasted in swedish. I am 99% sure but I will confirm it when I know 100%.


Well don't even bother then. No offense, I wouldn't listen to Dutch commentary done by some unknowns either, not when day9's covering the same thing heh.
http://www.glhf.tv fighting! Former WesternWolves & LowLandLions operations manager.
bobhund
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden364 Posts
November 23 2010 17:09 GMT
#320
On November 24 2010 00:59 Martijn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 00:35 bobhund wrote:
Nah, I do not think that it will be day9's stream that SVT will send, since SVT is something that have only so far broadcasted in swedish. I am 99% sure but I will confirm it when I know 100%.


Well don't even bother then. No offense, I wouldn't listen to Dutch commentary done by some unknowns either, not when day9's covering the same thing heh.

I would not either, but it's still important that people tune in in my opinion. Since it shows the support so that esport will continue to grow in Sweden ::>
Editor in chief at Rakaka.se
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 290 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 507
BRAT_OK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32278
Bisu 2971
Shuttle 1753
Hyuk 1168
EffOrt 627
Mini 492
Larva 447
ZerO 354
Soma 333
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 120
hero 116
Sexy 66
Hyun 46
Last 43
Mong 40
Trap 38
Pusan 36
PianO 34
Killer 32
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 22
sorry 20
zelot 15
Rock 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8005
qojqva1804
Dendi892
Counter-Strike
fl0m2751
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1295
crisheroes1009
Liquid`Hasu565
Lowko448
Other Games
singsing2115
B2W.Neo1368
Beastyqt532
Mlord215
Hui .212
Livibee209
Liquid`VortiX140
KnowMe111
ArmadaUGS93
elazer89
Mew2King80
CosmosSc2 24
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream60
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• StrangeGG 30
• mYiSmile114
• Adnapsc2 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8979
• WagamamaTV282
League of Legends
• Jankos1977
Other Games
• Shiphtur178
Upcoming Events
FEL
44m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 44m
INu's Battles
20h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.