• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:03
CEST 04:03
KST 11:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8566 users

MLG DC Day 2 - Page 331

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 329 330 331 332 333 335 Next
Tercotta
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada402 Posts
October 17 2010 04:50 GMT
#6601
On October 17 2010 13:45 Corrupted wrote:
I think the story of the tournament is Slush...but no one is talking about him


Slush should get more press but Huk is the story and everyone knows it.
Korben
Profile Joined September 2010
United States139 Posts
October 17 2010 04:51 GMT
#6602
On October 17 2010 13:50 Tercotta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 13:45 Corrupted wrote:
I think the story of the tournament is Slush...but no one is talking about him


Slush should get more press but Huk is the story and everyone knows it.


The STORY.. should be Painuser and SeleCT.

HuK was just the star.
Pain Heals, Chicks Dig Scars and Glory Lasts Forever.
Steamboatlol
Profile Joined April 2010
United States161 Posts
October 17 2010 05:02 GMT
#6603
anyone know where I can get the VODs? (when they arive)
MLG_Lee
Profile Joined July 2010
279 Posts
October 17 2010 05:07 GMT
#6604
VODs will be up on mlg.tv

re: spectator area. Unfortunately, we can't use chairs bcs ppl walk off with them and then we have fire hazards all over the place (no joke, fire marshall will come and shut down the show). so we have to fit benches into the 4 tractor trailers of gear that we lug around the country.

Those trailers are packed. It's like 3d tetris trying to load those things, and I'm in awe of the production team that does it.

We're working on it, but it's going to be a 2011 thing. Hope to see MORE people at Dallas so when I ask for more seating for the area no one can argue with me that you folks show up :D

Thanks for coming everyone. Sadly, I don't think I got a chance to meet very many folks this time around, but I'll see everyone in Dallas!
Twitter: @MLGLee ( https://twitter.com/#!/MLGLee )
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
October 17 2010 05:11 GMT
#6605
On October 17 2010 13:45 Corrupted wrote:
I think the story of the tournament is Slush...but no one is talking about him


Why slush? He got 7th place I think, which is a job well done no doubt, but to be called the sotry of the tournament? When Select knocked out so many people and did so many great multidimensional plays, Idra coming from Korea and dominating the whole way, Huk making an eff'ing mothership, etc. How is Slush the story of the tournament exactly?
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
epicopter
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada177 Posts
October 17 2010 05:18 GMT
#6606
On October 17 2010 14:07 MLG_Lee wrote:
VODs will be up on mlg.tv

re: spectator area. Unfortunately, we can't use chairs bcs ppl walk off with them and then we have fire hazards all over the place (no joke, fire marshall will come and shut down the show). so we have to fit benches into the 4 tractor trailers of gear that we lug around the country.

Those trailers are packed. It's like 3d tetris trying to load those things, and I'm in awe of the production team that does it.

We're working on it, but it's going to be a 2011 thing. Hope to see MORE people at Dallas so when I ask for more seating for the area no one can argue with me that you folks show up :D

Thanks for coming everyone. Sadly, I don't think I got a chance to meet very many folks this time around, but I'll see everyone in Dallas!


Was the turnout better for DC than Raleigh? is Starcraft 2 growing at a decent pace for MLG?
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
October 17 2010 05:24 GMT
#6607
On October 17 2010 14:11 ZlaSHeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 13:45 Corrupted wrote:
I think the story of the tournament is Slush...but no one is talking about him


Why slush? He got 7th place I think, which is a job well done no doubt, but to be called the sotry of the tournament? When Select knocked out so many people and did so many great multidimensional plays, Idra coming from Korea and dominating the whole way, Huk making an eff'ing mothership, etc. How is Slush the story of the tournament exactly?



As far as I'm aware he had some pretty insane games and took out a lot of really strong players. Afaik he BARELY lost to select in the third game. I wasnt there, this is just what i've heard.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
October 17 2010 05:32 GMT
#6608
I've done a lot of crazy and fun stuiff in my life. MLG was the best time I've ever had.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Helluva
Profile Joined September 2010
United States651 Posts
October 17 2010 05:33 GMT
#6609
On October 17 2010 14:02 Steamboatlol wrote:
anyone know where I can get the VODs? (when they arive)

MLGPro.com or perhaps Youtube maybe?
<3
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 05:37:52
October 17 2010 05:36 GMT
#6610
About this whole MLG DC: do we have access to some information about the stream, like amount of viewers etc.
o choro é livre
skurj
Profile Joined September 2010
United States87 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 05:39:35
October 17 2010 05:38 GMT
#6611
On October 17 2010 14:07 MLG_Lee wrote:
VODs will be up on mlg.tv

re: spectator area. Unfortunately, we can't use chairs bcs ppl walk off with them and then we have fire hazards all over the place (no joke, fire marshall will come and shut down the show). so we have to fit benches into the 4 tractor trailers of gear that we lug around the country.

Those trailers are packed. It's like 3d tetris trying to load those things, and I'm in awe of the production team that does it.

We're working on it, but it's going to be a 2011 thing. Hope to see MORE people at Dallas so when I ask for more seating for the area no one can argue with me that you folks show up :D

Thanks for coming everyone. Sadly, I don't think I got a chance to meet very many folks this time around, but I'll see everyone in Dallas!


Hey dude,

Thanks for putting on this event. It was a great free show featuring some awesome matches.

Some constructive feedback: I know it's hard given the short time frame of the tournament, but it would be great if more matches could be casted (perhaps having two channels with two casting teams). I definitely didn't get to see some matches that I wanted to see. Thanks for putting up the replays quickly, though.

Wasn't there live, so I can't speak to the seating issue.

I would love to see American Starcraft get close to the polish and professionalism of Korean Starcraft some day. Tournaments like this one that feature so many good players with live casts on the internet are an excellent start.
I'd rather be zerg rushing
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 05:46:18
October 17 2010 05:39 GMT
#6612
On October 17 2010 14:32 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
I've done a lot of crazy and fun stuiff in my life. MLG was the best time I've ever had.


MLG events are a lot of fun, I can't imagine what a SC2 event would be like!!! I want to go to Dallas, but can't really justify the plane ticket to my girlfriend.

Also, for anyone asking about vods.. not out yet on MLG: tv, but the restream is going on right now from today's stream.(just go to the SC2 stream on MLG main page). probably a little bit until the next match, just showed QXC vs Idra.

To MLG: I think if you spread the tournament out a little more: like winner's finals, loser's round 9, loser's round 10, and championship match on Sunday.. then the tournament can be a little more spread out, let the players and casters relax a little more and, have the chance to cast more games (like hold a match from a losers or winners round from starting so you can cast 2 games).. if it wasn't so rushed, i have a feeling everything would go smoother and be an even greater experience!... But yet again, thanks for another great tournament, everything was excellent as a online spectator other than yesterday's delays.

Edit: I also feel winner's finals, losers round 9, losers round 10, and championship match should be a best of 5, and not a best of 3. However, if they already met, and they meet in losers round 9,10 or championship match.. I'm not sure how that would work, maybe best of 11 in that case instead of best of 7.. that's a lot of games.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
October 17 2010 05:40 GMT
#6613
All in all, as a spectator, I really enjoyed MLG DC. Some amazing games from a wide array of players (whitera vs kiwikaki game1... orgasm...).

People really showed up for this. Can't wait for Dallas.
Kouda
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2205 Posts
October 17 2010 05:41 GMT
#6614
On October 17 2010 14:24 SiguR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2010 14:11 ZlaSHeR wrote:
On October 17 2010 13:45 Corrupted wrote:
I think the story of the tournament is Slush...but no one is talking about him


Why slush? He got 7th place I think, which is a job well done no doubt, but to be called the sotry of the tournament? When Select knocked out so many people and did so many great multidimensional plays, Idra coming from Korea and dominating the whole way, Huk making an eff'ing mothership, etc. How is Slush the story of the tournament exactly?



As far as I'm aware he had some pretty insane games and took out a lot of really strong players. Afaik he BARELY lost to select in the third game. I wasnt there, this is just what i've heard.



No. The third game was a one sided rape where SeleCT just dropped the shit out of him.
Neo.NEt
Profile Joined August 2010
United States785 Posts
October 17 2010 05:45 GMT
#6615
I work half a mile from MLG Dallas, needless to say I'll see you guys there both days.
Apologize.
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-17 06:10:35
October 17 2010 06:00 GMT
#6616
assuming the brackets are correct.. as well as there being no matches deciding final position(for instance, playing for 5th/6th)

MLG DC Final Standings

1. EG Idra
2. Select
3. Liquid Huk
4. Kiwikaki
5-6. Liquid Tyler
5-6. Root.drewbie
7-8. Slush
7-8. Agh_Antec
9-12. qxc
9-12. Pain.User
9-12. Nadagast
9-12. avilo
13-16. TTOne
13-16. LiquidRet
13-16. MasqLB
13-16. FnaticMSI.Gretorp
17-24 . TorcHgaming
17-24 . EG.iNcontroL
17-24 . KingSpades
17-24 . EG.LzGameR
17-24 . nesh.650
17-24 . AlexCMoi
17-24 . Duckload.White-Ra
17-24 . KawaiiRice
24-32 .Newsh
24-32 CheeseGrater_525
24-32 LuckyFool
24-32 ajtls
24-32 Time.175
24-32 inka
24-32 Taurent128
24-32 UNC-oRe.saMa

ok so I was going to calculate the seeds for next tournament but apparently they play for position between 5-16(or mlg calculates it somehow), and Idk how those games finished
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Helluva
Profile Joined September 2010
United States651 Posts
October 17 2010 06:06 GMT
#6617
Woooo, watching the SC2 rebroadcast at work.. this is going to be such an easy 8 hour/graveyard shift, lol. O_O
<3
AskJoshy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1625 Posts
October 17 2010 06:26 GMT
#6618
Oh man, I am so incredibly tired right now. Today was one of the most surreal days of my entire life. I'm afraid that if I go to bed I'll wake up tomorrow not remembering all of it. =O
Heroes, Hearthstone, and SC2 videos: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy
FuryX
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia495 Posts
October 17 2010 06:36 GMT
#6619
Is the final VoD's up yet? I missed it today
Pervect
Profile Joined June 2007
1280 Posts
October 17 2010 06:36 GMT
#6620
On October 17 2010 15:00 BraveGhost wrote:
assuming the brackets are correct.. as well as there being no matches deciding final position(for instance, playing for 5th/6th)



Drewbie was 5th, Nony 6th, Slush 7th, Agh 8th
Prev 1 329 330 331 332 333 335 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 142
Nina 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13510
Rain 2231
Artosis 615
Dewaltoss 32
NaDa 20
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever629
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4743
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1637
ArmadaUGS333
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1257
WinterStarcraft506
Other Games
summit1g7732
Day[9].tv716
JimRising 628
PiGStarcraft215
C9.Mang0193
Maynarde159
ViBE124
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick863
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv716
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 57m
OSC
10h 57m
Stellar Fest
10h 57m
OSC
21h 57m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.