• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:07
CEST 18:07
KST 01:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8216 users

Huk vs Silver for IEM America Cup LIVE Tonight - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
August 03 2010 00:33 GMT
#101
On August 03 2010 09:31 kNyTTyM wrote:
The more terran wins the more evidence we have against them so I guess this isn't too bad. I just want blizzard to act quickly. (patch please ^^) I'm tired of whining about imba


Terran isn't Imba, the maps are imba.

Look at the Lost Temple map against IdrA. What could IdrA have done to that tank + marines on the ledge? He coulda transitioned into Muta's, yes, but as soon as T scouted that (which he inevitably would have) he could just make one thor out of that same tech lab factory, lift it over to the high ground, and that thor + 4 marines could hold off like 8 mutas, probably a lot more than that.

It's not that T is imba, the maps are just horrendously T favored.
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
August 03 2010 00:34 GMT
#102
On August 03 2010 09:33 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 09:31 kNyTTyM wrote:
The more terran wins the more evidence we have against them so I guess this isn't too bad. I just want blizzard to act quickly. (patch please ^^) I'm tired of whining about imba


Terran isn't Imba, the maps are imba.

Look at the Lost Temple map against IdrA. What could IdrA have done to that tank + marines on the ledge? He coulda transitioned into Muta's, yes, but as soon as T scouted that (which he inevitably would have) he could just make one thor out of that same tech lab factory, lift it over to the high ground, and that thor + 4 marines could hold off like 8 mutas, probably a lot more than that.

It's not that T is imba, the maps are just horrendously T favored.

pretty much like the old bw lost temple which was also extremely T favored iirc.
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 00:35:38
August 03 2010 00:35 GMT
#103
Indeed, too many maps that are played in torneys are favored towards T.

Why not use the new bigger 1v1 maps?

its up to the goddamn tournament organizer to choose proper maps, they are out there. Use them.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
HuK
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1591 Posts
August 03 2010 00:36 GMT
#104
Silver played well and deserved the wins he got so congratz to him.

all the haters and nay Sayers need to sit down because yes he plays terran, no terran isn't op; and he played really well this tournament
ProgamerLive like a God or die like a Slave 11:11
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
August 03 2010 00:37 GMT
#105
I have to say, on a side note, the GosuGaming community is probably the most unintelligent and retarded community I've ever seen. Worse than 4chans even, because at least /b/ has SOME intelligence and swagger to them. These kids on the gosugaming stream, were just so retarded it was mind boggling. VOID RAYS ARE OP. PROTOSS IS OP. THIS COMMENTATOR KNOWS MORE THAN DAY9 DOES.

Of course I'm being overly simplistic of what they said, but seriously, that was the gist of it. They're so stupid. And the commentator only fuels them when he says stuff like, "Pheonix's have no utility against Terran"

God, I feel bad that kids are actually taking stuff like that seriously.

User was warned for this post
ffz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States490 Posts
August 03 2010 00:37 GMT
#106
it was loser picks... maybe if huk didn't fail game 1 then he could have been able to pick game 5 map.
Meow.
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 00:38:24
August 03 2010 00:38 GMT
#107
On August 03 2010 09:37 Fruscainte wrote:
I have to say, on a side note, the GosuGaming community is probably the most unintelligent and retarded community I've ever seen. Worse than 4chans even, because at least /b/ has SOME intelligence and swagger to them. These kids on the gosugaming stream, were just so retarded it was mind boggling. VOID RAYS ARE OP. PROTOSS IS OP. THIS COMMENTATOR KNOWS MORE THAN DAY9 DOES.

Of course I'm being overly simplistic of what they said, but seriously, that was the gist of it. They're so stupid. And the commentator only fuels them when he says stuff like, "Pheonix's have no utility against Terran"

God, I feel bad that kids are actually taking stuff like that seriously.


Now you're just being mean. Don't take it out on another SC communtiy..cmon man..
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Entropic
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2837 Posts
August 03 2010 00:39 GMT
#108
On August 03 2010 09:36 HuK wrote:
Silver played well and deserved the wins he got so congratz to him.

all the haters and nay Sayers need to sit down because yes he plays terran, no terran isn't op; and he played really well this tournament


Wow Huk being GM. CANADIANS GM
katull
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany14 Posts
August 03 2010 00:39 GMT
#109
That really is a lot of hate against the caster, you don't have to applaud him, but grinding him down like this is really harsh.
To observe and cast at the same time is certainly not that easy, don't be so spoiled and help him improve constructively.
Thanks for casting, Puremiss
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
August 03 2010 00:40 GMT
#110
On August 03 2010 09:37 Fruscainte wrote:
I have to say, on a side note, the GosuGaming community is probably the most unintelligent and retarded community I've ever seen. Worse than 4chans even, because at least /b/ has SOME intelligence and swagger to them. These kids on the gosugaming stream, were just so retarded it was mind boggling. VOID RAYS ARE OP. PROTOSS IS OP. THIS COMMENTATOR KNOWS MORE THAN DAY9 DOES.

Of course I'm being overly simplistic of what they said, but seriously, that was the gist of it. They're so stupid. And the commentator only fuels them when he says stuff like, "Pheonix's have no utility against Terran"

God, I feel bad that kids are actually taking stuff like that seriously.


And there's the over the top elitist attitude that appears too often on this site.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
August 03 2010 00:40 GMT
#111
You guys wanna see Terran lose? Have Blizzard make ladder maps with wide open middles. Trust me zergs and protoss will rape mech balls.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
August 03 2010 00:42 GMT
#112
On August 03 2010 09:38 Megalisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 09:37 Fruscainte wrote:
I have to say, on a side note, the GosuGaming community is probably the most unintelligent and retarded community I've ever seen. Worse than 4chans even, because at least /b/ has SOME intelligence and swagger to them. These kids on the gosugaming stream, were just so retarded it was mind boggling. VOID RAYS ARE OP. PROTOSS IS OP. THIS COMMENTATOR KNOWS MORE THAN DAY9 DOES.

Of course I'm being overly simplistic of what they said, but seriously, that was the gist of it. They're so stupid. And the commentator only fuels them when he says stuff like, "Pheonix's have no utility against Terran"

God, I feel bad that kids are actually taking stuff like that seriously.


Now you're just being mean. Don't take it out on another SC communtiy..cmon man..


I'm sorry, I'm raging a bit.

But honestly, I was so frustrated that entire cast. The people in the stream were horrible, and the commentator was just bad IMO.

Sorry for generalizing an entire community.
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
August 03 2010 00:42 GMT
#113
On August 03 2010 09:37 Fruscainte wrote:
I have to say, on a side note, the GosuGaming community is probably the most unintelligent and retarded community I've ever seen. Worse than 4chans even, because at least /b/ has SOME intelligence and swagger to them. These kids on the gosugaming stream, were just so retarded it was mind boggling. VOID RAYS ARE OP. PROTOSS IS OP. THIS COMMENTATOR KNOWS MORE THAN DAY9 DOES.

Of course I'm being overly simplistic of what they said, but seriously, that was the gist of it. They're so stupid. And the commentator only fuels them when he says stuff like, "Pheonix's have no utility against Terran"

God, I feel bad that kids are actually taking stuff like that seriously.

ban this moron -_-
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
August 03 2010 00:43 GMT
#114
On August 03 2010 09:42 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 09:38 Megalisk wrote:
On August 03 2010 09:37 Fruscainte wrote:
I have to say, on a side note, the GosuGaming community is probably the most unintelligent and retarded community I've ever seen. Worse than 4chans even, because at least /b/ has SOME intelligence and swagger to them. These kids on the gosugaming stream, were just so retarded it was mind boggling. VOID RAYS ARE OP. PROTOSS IS OP. THIS COMMENTATOR KNOWS MORE THAN DAY9 DOES.

Of course I'm being overly simplistic of what they said, but seriously, that was the gist of it. They're so stupid. And the commentator only fuels them when he says stuff like, "Pheonix's have no utility against Terran"

God, I feel bad that kids are actually taking stuff like that seriously.


Now you're just being mean. Don't take it out on another SC communtiy..cmon man..


I'm sorry, I'm raging a bit.

But honestly, I was so frustrated that entire cast. The people in the stream were horrible, and the commentator was just bad IMO.

Sorry for generalizing an entire community.


Stream chat has and always will be terrible, even for daily Korean Brood War events you see TL'ers saying the most stupid and outlandish stuff, most of which is probably trolling anyways.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
August 03 2010 00:44 GMT
#115
On August 03 2010 09:43 Megalisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 09:42 Fruscainte wrote:
On August 03 2010 09:38 Megalisk wrote:
On August 03 2010 09:37 Fruscainte wrote:
I have to say, on a side note, the GosuGaming community is probably the most unintelligent and retarded community I've ever seen. Worse than 4chans even, because at least /b/ has SOME intelligence and swagger to them. These kids on the gosugaming stream, were just so retarded it was mind boggling. VOID RAYS ARE OP. PROTOSS IS OP. THIS COMMENTATOR KNOWS MORE THAN DAY9 DOES.

Of course I'm being overly simplistic of what they said, but seriously, that was the gist of it. They're so stupid. And the commentator only fuels them when he says stuff like, "Pheonix's have no utility against Terran"

God, I feel bad that kids are actually taking stuff like that seriously.


Now you're just being mean. Don't take it out on another SC communtiy..cmon man..


I'm sorry, I'm raging a bit.

But honestly, I was so frustrated that entire cast. The people in the stream were horrible, and the commentator was just bad IMO.

Sorry for generalizing an entire community.


Stream chat has and always will be terrible, even for daily Korean Brood War events you see TL'ers saying the most stupid and outlandish stuff, most of which is probably trolling anyways.


Probably that. SO sorry for the rage.

But yeah, /end rant
Hrrrrm
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2081 Posts
August 03 2010 00:44 GMT
#116
Puremiss did the best he could I'm sure. The thing I noticed the most was that he got tunnel vision in battles and didn't really keep his eye on the minimap. Also Production tab is your best friend while casting. I appreciated his effort since I at least got to watch the games.
alot = a lot (TWO WORDS)
G2Wolf
Profile Joined July 2010
United States261 Posts
August 03 2010 00:47 GMT
#117
On August 03 2010 09:37 ffz wrote:
it was loser picks... maybe if huk didn't fail game 1 then he could have been able to pick game 5 map.

5th Map was whatever map that was in the pool that hadn't been tossed or picked.
www.twitter.com/g2wolf
reza
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada213 Posts
August 03 2010 00:50 GMT
#118
On August 03 2010 09:36 HuK wrote:
Silver played well and deserved the wins he got so congratz to him.

all the haters and nay Sayers need to sit down because yes he plays terran, no terran isn't op; and he played really well this tournament


I disagree, Terran definitely has a distinct advantage over the other races. If you don't believe me watch the nerfs in the next patch.
OHtRUe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States283 Posts
August 03 2010 00:52 GMT
#119
On August 03 2010 09:42 Fayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 09:37 Fruscainte wrote:
I have to say, on a side note, the GosuGaming community is probably the most unintelligent and retarded community I've ever seen. Worse than 4chans even, because at least /b/ has SOME intelligence and swagger to them. These kids on the gosugaming stream, were just so retarded it was mind boggling. VOID RAYS ARE OP. PROTOSS IS OP. THIS COMMENTATOR KNOWS MORE THAN DAY9 DOES.

Of course I'm being overly simplistic of what they said, but seriously, that was the gist of it. They're so stupid. And the commentator only fuels them when he says stuff like, "Pheonix's have no utility against Terran"

God, I feel bad that kids are actually taking stuff like that seriously.

ban this moron -_-

How about we ban this moron? Every single time you post its either flaming IdrA and proclaiming that he is ignorant when he has 10x the gaming experiance and tournament results then you? Seriously every single time you post its either a flame against IdrA or some stupid comment complaining about people who have logical arguements. To put it really bluntly hop off IdrA's balls~

On Topic: Terrible series really with very low quality in the gameplay and even lower quality commentating. Huk threw game 5 out the window. He completely punished the guy for not having the game sense to predict void rays (its only desert oasis and he went void rays last game as well) and he couldnt convert....
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 00:57:14
August 03 2010 00:53 GMT
#120
On August 03 2010 09:52 OHtRUe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 09:42 Fayth wrote:
On August 03 2010 09:37 Fruscainte wrote:
I have to say, on a side note, the GosuGaming community is probably the most unintelligent and retarded community I've ever seen. Worse than 4chans even, because at least /b/ has SOME intelligence and swagger to them. These kids on the gosugaming stream, were just so retarded it was mind boggling. VOID RAYS ARE OP. PROTOSS IS OP. THIS COMMENTATOR KNOWS MORE THAN DAY9 DOES.

Of course I'm being overly simplistic of what they said, but seriously, that was the gist of it. They're so stupid. And the commentator only fuels them when he says stuff like, "Pheonix's have no utility against Terran"

God, I feel bad that kids are actually taking stuff like that seriously.

ban this moron -_-

How about we ban this moron? Every single time you post its either flaming IdrA and proclaiming that he is ignorant when he has 10x the gaming experiance and tournament results then you? Seriously every single time you post its either a flame against IdrA or some stupid comment complaining about people who have logical arguements. To put it really bluntly hop off IdrA's balls~

On Topic: Terrible series really with very low quality in the gameplay and even lower quality commentating. Huk threw game 5 out the window. He completely punished the guy for not having the game sense to predict void rays (its only desert oasis and he went void rays last game as well) and he couldnt convert....

quote me where I claim he is ignorant, please

get your facts straight before you start attacking me, but you're right I'm probably far from being a logical being :-) lawl

edit: also it's pretty known to everybody I dislike IdrA, kid has a horrible attitude and he's been flaming me from before you even probably knew starcraft existed, I still never talked about his SC skills, he puts a lot of work and he's very dedicated so obviously he's going to know his stuff and have decent results
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 30
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1112
Mini 928
Soma 610
Shuttle 498
actioN 474
Rush 375
ggaemo 318
Light 315
Larva 287
Stork 275
[ Show more ]
BeSt 242
Horang2 217
Snow 184
hero 156
firebathero 118
Barracks 107
Dewaltoss 103
Aegong 75
Zeus 67
Shine 65
Sexy 40
Liquid`Ret 36
sorry 34
Sharp 32
Shinee 32
JYJ 30
ToSsGirL 27
soO 27
Bale 21
zelot 19
Rock 15
Trap 13
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8497
qojqva1985
Dendi867
420jenkins160
Counter-Strike
fl0m1227
Fnx 785
x6flipin517
edward60
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5382
Grubby0
Other Games
singsing1492
B2W.Neo931
byalli501
Mlord348
Khaldor318
ceh9273
DeMusliM213
Liquid`VortiX175
ArmadaUGS123
KnowMe123
Trikslyr51
BRAT_OK 29
Railgan18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
WardiTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH230
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile126
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV360
League of Legends
• Nemesis2879
• TFBlade834
Other Games
• Shiphtur176
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 53m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 53m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.