• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:34
CEST 07:34
KST 14:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12673 users

[D] PvT InControl Session - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
January 29 2011 09:20 GMT
#21
Helpful stuff. Thanks to you and InControl for sharing this!
Animostas
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States568 Posts
January 29 2011 09:33 GMT
#22
Thank you so much for sharing this! PvT is my absolute worst matchup, and I love seeing these inControl videos
trips
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom107 Posts
January 29 2011 09:36 GMT
#23
inControl>>>>best protoss coach out there.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
freetgy
Profile Joined November 2010
1720 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 11:26:30
January 29 2011 11:25 GMT
#24
well what for me lacks in this video is the use of drop harass by terran,

i mean sure if protoss can macro up without any immediate threat and expo pressure he is gonna come out on top with the proper unit composition.
Harpwn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia253 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 12:45:27
January 29 2011 12:41 GMT
#25
ive got a question if any1 can answer:

How would you guys advise to play 2 gate robo vs that 50 food stim/combat shield 3 rax timing? I cant hold that thing off ever =(((
TomTomTom.965
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany62 Posts
January 29 2011 12:55 GMT
#26
u have to cut him in half with ff so zealots can actually deal dmg.
dont rush for collosus, because imortals are very important
may u have to pull some probes
You just need a mule ti be succesful
TomTomTom.965
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany62 Posts
January 29 2011 13:02 GMT
#27
one question to incontrol, if hes reading

i do the same build, but i add 2 stargate for fenix. do think its more effective or just do more gates?
You just need a mule ti be succesful
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13423 Posts
January 29 2011 15:56 GMT
#28
On January 29 2011 22:02 TomTomTom.965 wrote:
one question to incontrol, if hes reading

i do the same build, but i add 2 stargate for fenix. do think its more effective or just do more gates?


I'm not incontrol but I also use 2 stargates when I do a similar build. However for me, I like to tech to carriers as well once I get a lot of pheonix. Just 2 carriers do amazingy as support units.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
dark fury
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden426 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 16:08:19
January 29 2011 16:05 GMT
#29
On January 29 2011 21:55 TomTomTom.965 wrote:
u have to cut him in half with ff so zealots can actually deal dmg.
dont rush for collosus, because imortals are very important
may u have to pull some probes

this makes no sense at all. if you want to optimize the efficiency of zealots against marine/marauder you should always make a cup behind their troops. if you cut them in half you will actually block your zealots from attacking the other half once the frontline is dead, while the ranged terran units can still shoot down your zealots.
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
January 29 2011 17:09 GMT
#30
On January 29 2011 21:41 Reignyo wrote:
ive got a question if any1 can answer:

How would you guys advise to play 2 gate robo vs that 50 food stim/combat shield 3 rax timing? I cant hold that thing off ever =(((


Get a third gate and use forcefields. Depending on how well you hold it off you can either counter attack and just go fucking kill him, or expand and macro up.
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 19:02:05
January 29 2011 19:00 GMT
#31
Yeah, he mentioned you don't want to expand against 1 base timing pushes like that 3 rax. And about drops, I find that minimap awareness with pylon spreads do very we against that thing early game. And no terran will want to drop once you have pheonixes. HuK does very good pylon spreads and xel naga tower usage in his pvts.
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
January 29 2011 19:01 GMT
#32
thanks for this
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Ifrit
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany42 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 19:11:34
January 29 2011 19:11 GMT
#33
As I've watched all Incontrol Lessons that have been uploaded so far I really appreciate this a lot. Huge thanks L1F3 and Incontrol for this.
Check out my Song of the Day-Twitter for your daily fix of Hip Hop and other fine music! -> http://twitter.com/#!/d_jcs
Moja
Profile Joined July 2010
United States313 Posts
January 29 2011 20:29 GMT
#34
Just from watching, I'd say if you expand more aggressively and add the right amount of production buildings as the game goes on (it's okay to add "too many" gateways, especially if you're banking a lot), you'll be in masters in no time. I was actually surprised you were in platinum, since your early build is very clean even with micro-ing your scout (good multitasking early).

Unit control in battles and map scouting in the midgame could use some work too, but they're less important imo.

Thx for posting. Gl hitting masters soon!
Ifrit
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany42 Posts
January 29 2011 20:56 GMT
#35
I was actually surprised you were in platinum

This!

I just finished watching and I gotta admit, I was thinking "oh, Plat, hm :\" beforehand because sometimes these sessions are taken by guys who in my opinion don't need Incontrol to teach them anything because they lack the very basic and fundamental stuff that's actually required to pull off such 3-4+ base macro wars. Now I don't wanna sound disrespectful, I myself started in Bronze 3 months ago, but now that I'm top Diamond I think I wouldn't get too much from such a session myself yet, because I still have to improve on stuff which is already pretty known and obvious to me but just not as rehearsed and intuitive for me.

That being said I also was surprised to see how good you were performing. Usually during those sessions I watch and think of all the mistakes and are like "damn it, do X, you know you gotta do it" but it doesn't happen and I just wait for Incontrol to tell you afterwards but almost always you did those things shortly after I thought of them. Also, you seemed to be very receptive of the new input he gave you as you quickly implemented lots of unfamiliar stuff, playing a kind of unfamiliar (to you) build and improved bit by bit every single game.

So, hats off to you. I guess there's no better advertisement for gosucoaching than such a session.
Check out my Song of the Day-Twitter for your daily fix of Hip Hop and other fine music! -> http://twitter.com/#!/d_jcs
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 21:20:22
January 29 2011 21:18 GMT
#36
Thanks! The honest truth is that I don't really get a lot of time to ladder. (I got the game on release and only have like 300 games). I mostly play with my friends (One of which a platinum Zerg, and a Diamond Terran, who used to be Protoss), when I do get the time. That said, I was in a recent LAN and took down a 2700 diamond! (I was so happy when I did this). One of these days, I'll grind the ladder and get to diamond!
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
DeltaBravo
Profile Joined November 2010
United States119 Posts
January 29 2011 21:40 GMT
#37
Hey L1F3, I think I played with you and one of your friends a yesterday on one of those Xel'Naga Obs games. I'm suprised that you're platnium, because your level of play seems to be higher than the ones I know, as shown in the video.

Along that note, thanks for uploading the coaching session, I'm watching it right now and I find it very educational, as I'm sure many others do. Mad props for being so selfless.
Nerf Probes
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
January 29 2011 21:52 GMT
#38
On January 30 2011 06:40 DeltaBravo wrote:
Hey L1F3, I think I played with you and one of your friends a yesterday on one of those Xel'Naga Obs games. I'm suprised that you're platnium, because your level of play seems to be higher than the ones I know, as shown in the video.

Along that note, thanks for uploading the coaching session, I'm watching it right now and I find it very educational, as I'm sure many others do. Mad props for being so selfless.


Yeah I remember playing you. I was getting tired of playing so I was like "Screw it! 4 Gate!". Cause I had played basically bad people up until then. It was a GG for sure!
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
Khaladas
Profile Joined May 2010
United States223 Posts
January 29 2011 21:52 GMT
#39
I'm downloading now, i'll put it up on Mediafire for everyone as well, thanks so much for sharing!
time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a bananna
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
January 29 2011 22:09 GMT
#40
On January 30 2011 06:52 Khaladas wrote:
I'm downloading now, i'll put it up on Mediafire for everyone as well, thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks! I don't have the money to pay for an account there . When you put it up I'll update the post with it.
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings117
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 174
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 381
hero 345
BeSt 219
sorry 54
Mind 30
Bale 22
Terrorterran 20
Noble 10
yabsab 9
ZergMaN 9
[ Show more ]
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1057
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Counter-Strike
taco 364
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King124
Other Games
summit1g9714
Maynarde197
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick486
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH376
• practicex 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2218
League of Legends
• Rush1321
• Stunt370
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 26m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 26m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.