• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:31
CEST 18:31
KST 01:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10837 users

What do you think of the new Dota patch? - Page 3

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
October 20 2013 09:01 GMT
#41
On October 18 2013 22:00 losnappas wrote:
Dota polls?

This site has gone to ruins.


i just vote rnd shit on dota polls because no one cares them ...
plz guys stay to sc2 because all dota polls are ruined anyways xD
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
Lovin
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark812 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-20 13:55:06
October 20 2013 13:54 GMT
#42
On October 20 2013 18:01 Drake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 22:00 losnappas wrote:
Dota polls?

This site has gone to ruins.


i just vote rnd shit on dota polls because no one cares them ...
plz guys stay to sc2 because all dota polls are ruined anyways xD


HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE! A Dota poll!? Pack your bags, everyone! A couple of yes / no / maybe clickable links not related to SC now occupy 0.5% of the front page of TeamLiquid! This site is forever ruined in my eyes. The fucking disgrace. ./s
AKA SuddenSalad
Snugles
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
October 20 2013 19:28 GMT
#43
I am far to bad to know what this patch will do but the changes are looking to make the game more aggressive which could be fun. However I'm one of the few people who likes to watch a 90 minute farm fest with about two kills so I have no idea whether I will like it. Looking forward to offlane buffs regardless.
My life for eSports!
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
October 21 2013 01:06 GMT
#44
On October 19 2013 06:23 BassoPeruna wrote:
DotA poll makes me sad.

I'm just wondering how it showed up when I explicitly filtered out all content related to that game.
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
October 21 2013 02:19 GMT
#45
I like every change except for the Roshan one. It makes the game a little bit too luck-based. Maybe you lost a teamfight only to have Rosh spawn instantly afterwards which could easily win the game. Or you win a teamfight only to find that Rosh isn't back up, so you can't really capitalize on your advantage, giving the enemy team another chance to come back. I feel that ultimately it will just make teams more passive as nobody is going to want to take a fight until Roshan respawns anyway.

And to the people complaining about Dota polls. How long have you been on this site? Because if you came in with SC2 then you're being hypocritical as fuck.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
TangyOrange
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore87 Posts
October 21 2013 04:38 GMT
#46
Dota polls :D
Cam Connor
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada786 Posts
October 21 2013 05:45 GMT
#47
On October 21 2013 10:06 Gary Oak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 06:23 BassoPeruna wrote:
DotA poll makes me sad.

I'm just wondering how it showed up when I explicitly filtered out all content related to that game.

you must be from quebec
calm down u fuck you're giving canada a bad name

User was warned for this post
post to be
TL+ Member
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
October 21 2013 10:42 GMT
#48
Its just a small and silly thing but I can sympathize with the sc2 fans. I remember when the BW features were taken away one by one.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
GraFx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States429 Posts
October 21 2013 14:01 GMT
#49
Some changes I like, some I don't, some I feel need to be played/tested before fully knowing.

Hermanoid
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden213 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-21 14:28:59
October 21 2013 14:22 GMT
#50
I would be all for this patch if it wasn't for the buyback change. Dual-layered fights was never detrimental to the intricacy of this game. The long fights we used to see around the rosh pit is now gone, because you'll never ever in a million years want to buyback your carry unless he's sixsloted. This effectively exterminates the big two-round fights.

Edit: and also to state the obvious, October-fools Bloodseeker and Broodmother both suck, Volvo fix. I have no idea wth they are thinking with that.
xyzåäö
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-21 15:05:43
October 21 2013 15:03 GMT
#51
On October 18 2013 22:41 sekritzzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 22:00 losnappas wrote:
Dota polls?

This site has gone to ruins.

I actually laughed when I realized 1/3 of your posts are angry posts about dota polls. At least make them about the game, not polls.


Not going to lie. That's pretty pathetic. Something tells me it's a smurf account.

On October 21 2013 10:06 Gary Oak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 06:23 BassoPeruna wrote:
DotA poll makes me sad.

I'm just wondering how it showed up when I explicitly filtered out all content related to that game.


Do me a favor and shut the hell up. K thx. Seriously, all of you deserved to be slapped around with a tuna fish. Reading all these comments is hilarious and man do we ever get a lot of polls these days. I should be checking them more regularly for the laughs.
Chr15t
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark1103 Posts
October 21 2013 15:09 GMT
#52
Wait- are there games, which are not made by blizzard? :O
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Homework
Profile Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
October 21 2013 15:13 GMT
#53
I voted good, because at least Icefrog / Valve is willing to change things up like this. It seems like some developers recently have been prone to fall into "status quo"
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
October 21 2013 20:05 GMT
#54
I haven't played it so I can't really judge it. But it changed lots of shit, so I consider it good by default just because watching it was getting a little stale for me.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
October 22 2013 09:08 GMT
#55
as a brood player, 10/10 icefrog is the best

sorry to the sc2 fans who have to see dota stuff i guess.... does seem interesting that sc2 team tags are shown here
:)
Kuzmorgo
Profile Joined May 2009
Hungary1058 Posts
October 22 2013 14:13 GMT
#56
well I would choose the option: "good, but disagree with a bunch of changes". Its not really disagree, just baffled. Like a huge jungle rework, but not fixing harpy? But I like the general direction of "GO KILL MORE"
"No, whine not! Play, or play not! There is no whine."
jonhy-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Slovakia167 Posts
October 22 2013 14:48 GMT
#57
i have to say the patch is really good and i like it good job icefrog everytime first i dislike but it always turn out that its good patch 10/10 keep it up icyy
Best of luck
blae000
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1640 Posts
October 22 2013 17:13 GMT
#58
night/day 4 minutes only change I dont like.. o.Ô
Liquid
iKillStrpprs
Profile Joined February 2013
United States2 Posts
October 22 2013 17:19 GMT
#59
I don't have an opinion because I don't play Dota.
Anyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death.
TaishiCi
Profile Joined September 2013
Korea (South)211 Posts
October 22 2013 21:32 GMT
#60
Honestly I've been enjoying the different crap people try now.
Although, some comps seem like they were random picks.
Dae Han Min Gook Man Sae!!!
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 339
Codebar 72
UpATreeSC 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37266
Calm 3767
Bisu 2419
Shuttle 1364
FanTaSy 1351
Mini 517
Hyuk 417
Stork 350
EffOrt 285
actioN 261
[ Show more ]
Barracks 192
firebathero 191
Rush 183
Snow 145
Dewaltoss 116
Zeus 74
Shinee 45
Sharp 34
Liquid`Ret 33
Hyun 30
soO 29
Yoon 26
Bale 25
Free 24
Pusan 24
HiyA 19
Aegong 17
PianO 16
Shine 15
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7917
Dendi1082
XaKoH 281
League of Legends
KnowMe47
Counter-Strike
x6flipin536
Fnx 64
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes663
Other Games
singsing2455
hiko1527
FrodaN843
Beastyqt487
mouzStarbuck296
byalli200
Livibee195
Liquid`VortiX158
C9.Mang0119
RotterdaM97
Trikslyr62
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV427
Other Games
• Shiphtur977
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 44m
Replay Cast
6h 29m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.