• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8276 users

Power Rank 01/01/2011 - Page 42

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 56 Next
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
January 29 2011 19:47 GMT
#821
1. Jaedong - favorite to win the MSL, 7-2 in WL, looks like he could beat anyone
2. fantasy - OSL champion should not be ranked 3rd or 4th after beating the player almost universally considered to be the best in the world 3-0. Get real people.
3. Bisu - best WL player right now
4. Flash - 2nd best WL player right now
5. Stork - getting to one finals and one Ro8 while going 8-1 in WL is not easy, WTF at anyone thinking of taking him out of the top 5.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 29 2011 20:02 GMT
#822
I would definitely not put both Fantasy and Bisu over Flash. I think he showed in their head to head games who the boss is.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 20:10:33
January 29 2011 20:10 GMT
#823
Holgie is right, Flash still should on the top as he no longer play really bad matches. Kicking him of from #1 last month was enough.
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
pvzvt
Profile Joined October 2009
Israel2097 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 20:13:39
January 29 2011 20:13 GMT
#824
damn stork tends to go on streaks that tear any opponents and than just drop his game to non existent
too bad his momentum has just ended near the end just as he reached the finals stage
thats like flying with your f 15 to nuke the enemy target after killing all the enemy planes on the way
only to find out u'r carrying fruits instead of bombs...
well the problem is we know he will continue to be bad for some time just like history dictates
so is pr indicating who "are" the hot players
or who "were " the hot players in the end of the month?
if its who is hot stork is maybe 8th....
if its who did good on this month than he should get 5th ...
i say we dust off and nuke it from orbit
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
January 29 2011 20:21 GMT
#825
On January 30 2011 01:48 revy wrote:
Strangely enough I think that JD should be first this month. He's alive in MSL, with lots of JvZ coming up. His games have certainly been lackluster for JD but he's putting up results in WL and an individual league.

On January 30 2011 04:47 jalstar wrote:
1. Jaedong - favorite to win the MSL, 7-2 in WL, looks like he could beat anyone

JD should not be in #1, in fact he sholdn't be in #2 either. Favorite to win the MSL? yes thats true, and if it happens the next PR will definitely reflect it. Has he won the MSL? no not yet, sorry. So far the month he has shown a lesser record than Bisu and Flash, and a lot of the games he has won have lacked his old dominating ways (his 'force' if you will). His losses in WL also came with 0 wins attached.

Once (if) he wins the MSL next month, if he also regains his momentum he will likely be #1 in the March PR.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 29 2011 20:28 GMT
#826
Things could be different depending on what happens in the upcoming WL games though. Both SKT and KT have a game left this month, right?

JD is not really a contender for #1 at the moment in my book. He's indeed likely to win the MSL (JvZ ftw), but his play is seriously looking quite shaky and he hasn't really shown the ability to beat the other TBLS members in a while.

I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 20:35:14
January 29 2011 20:33 GMT
#827
whoa, i love how tough february's PR is gonna be to write ^_^

good luck poor writer

TBH depending on the criteria explained, I could live with 4~5 dif guys at #1
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
pvzvt
Profile Joined October 2009
Israel2097 Posts
January 29 2011 20:35 GMT
#828
jaedong may not deserve to be #1 in the pr
but somehow it feels quite wrong to put someone that dropped from both starleagues in the round of 16/32
sorry but people tend to disregard the weight of those losses
i say we dust off and nuke it from orbit
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 20:45:53
January 29 2011 20:37 GMT
#829
On January 30 2011 05:33 Waxangel wrote:
whoa, i love how tough february's PR is gonna be to write ^_^

good luck poor writer

TBH depending on the criteria explained, I could live with 4~5 dif guys at #1

Hehe, ya. You could definitely make a case for both Flash, Bisu, Fantasy or Jaedong at #1.

And btw people, if the PR had been written a couple of days ago literally everyone would've agreed on Stork as #1, now he's not even close to it. Remember that the next time you whine about ''Why is X so high'' or ''Why isn't X on the PR'' way after the PR is made. Things can change really fast and the writer can't see into the future.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
traced
Profile Joined October 2007
1739 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 08:39:02
January 29 2011 20:46 GMT
#830
think i have to go with flash, fantasy, stork, bisu, jaedong
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 21:32:55
January 29 2011 21:27 GMT
#831
On January 30 2011 05:28 Holgerius wrote:
Things could be different depending on what happens in the upcoming WL games though. Both SKT and KT have a game left this month, right?

JD is not really a contender for #1 at the moment in my book. He's indeed likely to win the MSL (JvZ ftw), but his play is seriously looking quite shaky and he hasn't really shown the ability to beat the other TBLS members in a while.



Well he can't be worse then Stok going 0 - 6 in his most important matches this month . I can't tell how the top 5 should be ranked , but Stork probably should be #5 or 6 for not delivering the results in important matches or even lower .

Jaedong Flash Fantasy Bisu Stork Hydra Zero Great and Snow/Kal or Bogus or someone else who is been doing good in WL in some order .
nodule
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada931 Posts
January 29 2011 22:42 GMT
#832
Has anyone been mindgamed as many times as Stork in finals? So many fast 3-0s...
Goragoth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
New Zealand1065 Posts
January 29 2011 22:55 GMT
#833
On January 30 2011 03:06 StylishVODs wrote:
How is flash not hot? Because he lost 3 games last month?
This month he's as hot as ever, almost 100% wins he tears up everyone including bisu and fantasy. The only thing he could have done better this month was getting his 100% win and not lose against zero.

You know, I can see your line of reasoning and let me tell you it is completely BS. Just because he only dropped 1 game to a strong player doesn't make him hot this month. He's had the easiest month of any of the top players (no individual leagues, coming out last in almost all of the WL matches). Even dropping a single game reflects badly on him when he's been able to coast most of the month (his only real achievement was the 3-kill on SKT T1).

Now it's hard to fault him for not playing more in WL, he probably doesn't have much say as to when he gets sent out and his team has stepped up somewhat to get 1-3 kills before he has to do clean-up, denying him the opportunity to all-kill, but dropping out of the individual leagues was all his doing. Yes, it happened last month but it still means he's not hot right now, and won't be until the next SL season starts. You can argue all you want how well he might have done in hypothetical BoX series if he had played any this month, but the fact remains that he didn't play any and that's only his fault, nobody else's.

Hypothetically he may very well still be the best player in the world, but it's been said before that's not what the PR is all about (which used to confuse me a lot but I've come to accept that it's more about who's hot than who is best).
Creator of LoLTool.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 29 2011 22:56 GMT
#834
You have a view of the PR that many people do not agree with. =/
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 23:32:52
January 29 2011 23:31 GMT
#835
On January 30 2011 07:42 nodule wrote:
Has anyone been mindgamed as many times as Stork in finals? So many fast 3-0s...


"so many"?

it's two. :/
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
January 29 2011 23:48 GMT
#836
On January 30 2011 05:02 Holgerius wrote:
I would definitely not put both Fantasy and Bisu over Flash. I think he showed in their head to head games who the boss is.


I would definitely not put both Stork and Flash over ZerO. I think he showed in their head to head games who the boss is.

Oh, wait, I totally would.

And this is the problem with that kind of logic (and part of why I said I'd probably put Flash #1 if he hadn't lost to ZerO*). If I just wanted to know who the objectively best player is, I've got ELO, I've got KeSPA rank, I've got big stats tables, I've got games I can go back and compare. After much agonizing, I'd say the closest I can come to the way I view the PR is, (given that we're talking about A- and S-Class players to begin with), who's done the most with what they have? In other words, I'm willing to give fantasy a little extra credit for scraping by against Calm (though I think he played well) because he's not the greatest TvZer. When he's racking up all-kills like this, I'm willing to cut Bisu some slack for losing against Flash because of his PvT (losing to Stork, on the other hand, is more of a bother). Flash, however, has shown that at the top form he's the best player to play the game, ever - so when other players have more impressive results (OSL wins, all-kill Streaks, etc.) I feel like putting him over them has to be justified. My argument for putting Flash third is basically: we have a huge OSL upset win. We have a big all-kill streak. And Flash. Okay, Flash, you came off the greatest year by any player ever two or three months ago - why do you now have a record that looks like it belongs to Sea? (Other than Sea would have lost to fantasy, and did iirc.) Perfect record? Would have made justifying Flash on top a lot easier. I might still want fantasy there, but I'd have to put Flash over Bisu, so no worse than #2, whereas I'm now saying Flash should be #3. Not a huge difference, and I probably won't throw a fit regardless (since I'm doing it now. )

tl;dr: I'm being mean to Flash and placing him 3rd because as good as he is he should have made the Ro8 in at least one league, and he screwed up against ZerO ruing his chances for a perfect month. I'd still be willing to consider him for #1 (and I'll admit he's definitely in the argument) if he turns in a much strong PL performance than fantasy/Bisu this weekend.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 23:53:17
January 29 2011 23:48 GMT
#837
Goraroth, Im completely fine with you disagreeing with me, and I most certainly don't call your arguements BS.

I'm simply asking, how can Flash not be hot right now?
He's the bonjwa, playing at 90% winratio, and he's not hot?
Can a player in neither leagues not be "hot"? Even if we weren't talking about Flash whom we know all about, you can most certainly be "hot" without being in a league, specially if you were knocked out months ago.

WIth your reasoning, great is hotter than Flash?

The PR has been about many things, it has never been set in stone and differs from writer to writer.

Musoeun, I have a strong feeling that the only reason Flash got knocked out was because he didn't reach as high as Ro8. Once the Bo5's start he's not very likely to go down before the finals.

It all comes down to different oppinions of how the PR should rank players. Theres not really any right or wrong if the criteria is different.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 29 2011 23:55 GMT
#838
Right now, the 3 contenders for #1 have 3 pretty different claims to it. Jaedong got an easy part through MSL and he hasn't shown his ability against any TBLS and would probably lose to any of the 3. Stork should go down to #5 for a horrible streak of losses with no PL in his schedule.
Fantasy has his OSL victory as his claim to #1, with a respectable yet not amazing 13-6 record this month. Fresh off a month of fail though. I'd say the weakest candidate even though his games against Stork were pretty brilliant. Maybe 1 AK would change things.
Bisu has his 3 all-kills, a vZ peak, and is rapidly approaching his massive ELO peak, and is #2 in ELO. Only real faults are a fatal slip-up against Flash and 2 losses to an on-fire Stork. My personal choice due to fanboyism and because 3 AKs and his vZ invincibility aura is pretty damn hot.
Flash won most of his games, except one against Zero, but putting him at #1 really gives a lot of credit to simply assuming that he would win all his games, when you really can't know. Honestly, I'd say the only thing that makes him eligible is a win against Bisu and Fantasy. Other than that, he's really just been there to win a game or two when his team fails. If he didn't lose to Zero, he could get it for being undefeated, but he didn't go undefeated.

Although 1 AK or horrible loss for any of these 3 players could significantly change their position. After that, I'd go with Jaedong, Stork, Hydra, Zero, Bogus, Violet, Jaehoon?
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
January 30 2011 00:24 GMT
#839
Violet for #1.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
January 30 2011 00:27 GMT
#840
On January 30 2011 09:24 okum wrote:
Violet for #1.

[image loading]

KT Forever

I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub88
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub88
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 117
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4837
Liquid`Hasu584
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade344
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 18m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.