• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:18
CEST 07:18
KST 14:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9253 users

Who will go furthest in the GSL? - Page 19

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 25 Next All
ishboh
Profile Joined October 2010
United States954 Posts
October 29 2010 15:12 GMT
#361
haha boxer vs nada? should be epic.

also i just voted for idra, just cuz i could.
kojinshugi
Profile Joined August 2010
Estonia2559 Posts
October 29 2010 15:13 GMT
#362
On October 29 2010 22:21 Croz wrote:
The Idra fame is dying imo. I was really unimpressed comparing his play vs the remaining players in the GSL.. (read: 'comparing his play')

As much as I, and most of the community, would love to see IdrA (as a foreigner) get further I don't think he'll be able to pull it of. He seems to be capped at his potential, stale, lacks creativity. While others (esp. the legends) have only 'just' started playing SC2 and you can see the potential in those guys. Like in the game vs Zenio, the overseer game, I really had the feeling IdrA is so easy to bring out of balance. Just like artosis mentioned, he plays vs AI a lot and you can tell. Ow I'm sure IdrA will be able to respond if someone does the overseer tactic again but he'll always be a step behind if something 'unexpected' happens.

I hope some day a western hero will rise from the ashes to bring down the korean reign in the GSL. I just don't think it will be IdrA. He's a working horse but he lacks the real talent.


Copy and replace IdrA with FruitDealer and you'll have made just as good a point about him.

Making judgments about a player because of one single elimination tournament is kinda duuuumb.
whatsgrackalackin420
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 29 2010 15:50 GMT
#363
On October 30 2010 00:13 kojinshugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2010 22:21 Croz wrote:
The Idra fame is dying imo. I was really unimpressed comparing his play vs the remaining players in the GSL.. (read: 'comparing his play')

As much as I, and most of the community, would love to see IdrA (as a foreigner) get further I don't think he'll be able to pull it of. He seems to be capped at his potential, stale, lacks creativity. While others (esp. the legends) have only 'just' started playing SC2 and you can see the potential in those guys. Like in the game vs Zenio, the overseer game, I really had the feeling IdrA is so easy to bring out of balance. Just like artosis mentioned, he plays vs AI a lot and you can tell. Ow I'm sure IdrA will be able to respond if someone does the overseer tactic again but he'll always be a step behind if something 'unexpected' happens.

I hope some day a western hero will rise from the ashes to bring down the korean reign in the GSL. I just don't think it will be IdrA. He's a working horse but he lacks the real talent.


Copy and replace IdrA with FruitDealer and you'll have made just as good a point about him.

Making judgments about a player because of one single elimination tournament is kinda duuuumb.


One single elimination tournament? Please.

You obviously haven't followed the SC scene before.

This is the SECOND GSL that Idra is missing (not even top8).
He has missed several finals (like TSL2, and the match vs F91), against under-rated people.

And it's BECAUSE he folds to unorthodox play.

I'm not saying he isn't good, I'm not even saying that he lacks talent, I am saying that he's focusing too much on playing "perfectly" and too little on playing his opponents. Someone who plays exactly the same 9 games out of 10 is not hard to beat by top players, no matter how many times he rehearsed said strategy.

That being said, I agree that he'd have had way better odds against T or even P, but I don't think he's top4 material.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
WB Kid
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada17 Posts
October 29 2010 16:06 GMT
#364
Well Idra's out now, both nada and boxer are still in.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
October 29 2010 17:06 GMT
#365
[image loading]

owned
Antiochus
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada548 Posts
October 29 2010 20:54 GMT
#366
Oh all ye of little faith picking Idra over Boxer/Nada
All play and no work makes Jack unemployed.
Raid
Profile Joined September 2010
United States398 Posts
October 29 2010 21:27 GMT
#367
I wish TLO would beat a GSL someday but he lacks too much gaming sense even though he is so innovative he just needs that backbone the bonjwas have to make something appear out of nowhere defend and somehow have more food and win in the end..

We need someone amazing, that will study the game over and over again to its core details. We need the bobby fischer of starcraft from the west to take down the koreans without the psychotic personality.
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
October 29 2010 22:40 GMT
#368
A player with the unpredictability of TLO and the mechanics of idra would be needed for a foreigner.
Idra is too predictable to ever go far in a tournament like GSL imo, when he needs to play BO3 or BO5 against opponents that he doesn't severely outclass he will simply not get that far imo.
TLO has exactly the reverse problem I think, way too much goofing around, changing races etc. which just costs him in his mechanics and strategy perfection it seems. Way too many times did I see him do crappy strats for the sake of being original and different.

THe real top players have a little bit of both imo, fantastic macro & micro combined with doing the unpredictable. Fruit did a 6 pool when he deemed it neccesary, Idra will probably never do one for it being a ugly way to play. I really think Idra would benefit a lot from one of those gosu coaches or whatever to help create unconventional strats for tournaments and be a bit more stable concentration wise (less easy to put off).
d20
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17 Posts
October 30 2010 01:08 GMT
#369
I am really at a loss when I see people using being eliminated in the Ro16 of the biggest SC2 tournament in the world as a testament to being bad.

I believe the biggest disadvantage IdrA faces is not his traditional play style, but not being on a team that can provide him training partners of his skill level for all 3 match-ups.
dani_caliKorea
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
730 Posts
October 30 2010 01:11 GMT
#370
TL is pretty silly. A predictable boring player like Idra over Bonjwas? The greatest sc gamers of all time?
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
October 30 2010 01:35 GMT
#371
On October 30 2010 10:11 dani_caliKorea wrote:
TL is pretty silly. A predictable boring player like Idra over Bonjwas? The greatest sc gamers of all time?

I suspect all the new sc2 players voted for him because they are too uneducated to know of the dominance of the bonjwas.
DMXD
Profile Joined February 2008
United States4064 Posts
October 30 2010 03:42 GMT
#372
What was I thinking voting for idra over bw legends??
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
October 30 2010 04:52 GMT
#373
On October 30 2010 10:35 Mastermind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2010 10:11 dani_caliKorea wrote:
TL is pretty silly. A predictable boring player like Idra over Bonjwas? The greatest sc gamers of all time?

I suspect all the new sc2 players voted for him because they are too uneducated to know of the dominance of the bonjwas.


Or its hope because its sc2 and people want Idra to go further? Think of that?

I think Idra could have if he had not gotten zvz. He has said so in the past that he doesn't really have practice partners so he just practices on the ladder. Its hard if your worst match up is zvz and its your match in a tournament but you have nobody to practice with.

I bet if Idra had players to practice with like players from ogs or something. If he did I bet he wouldn't have lost like he did against zenio (I mean he used Artosis's strategy in which he didn't really practice with...).

Oh well hopefully he does get some partners soon and hope in GSL3 he can qualify again and get far ^^
When I think of something else, something will go here
numLoCK
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1416 Posts
October 30 2010 06:10 GMT
#374
On October 30 2010 10:11 dani_caliKorea wrote:
TL is pretty silly. A predictable boring player like Idra over Bonjwas? The greatest sc gamers of all time?

We both know that the true, core TL would have Boxer win every poll, ever. This is a mistake brought upon by new fellas who aren't as biased
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
October 30 2010 09:01 GMT
#375
On October 30 2010 10:08 d20 wrote:
I am really at a loss when I see people using being eliminated in the Ro16 of the biggest SC2 tournament in the world as a testament to being bad.

I believe the biggest disadvantage IdrA faces is not his traditional play style, but not being on a team that can provide him training partners of his skill level for all 3 match-ups.

Because Boxer is ?
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Vortok
Profile Joined December 2009
United States830 Posts
October 30 2010 11:49 GMT
#376
Boxer can probably pick up a phone and have pretty much anyone he wants as a practice partner. Idra can't. Not saying that's how Boxer practices, but I really doubt he's ever lacking in the "available partners" area.

Voted Boxer. His play has seemed a bit more solid and tight than Nada's... you know, from the like 6 total combined games I've seen which is totally enough to make a judgement call. Only considered Idra for a few moments (didn't know he'd been knocked out again).
unbal3
Profile Joined September 2010
Korea (South)131 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-30 18:13:11
October 30 2010 18:11 GMT
#377
On October 30 2010 15:10 numLoCK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2010 10:11 dani_caliKorea wrote:
TL is pretty silly. A predictable boring player like Idra over Bonjwas? The greatest sc gamers of all time?

We both know that the true, core TL would have Boxer win every poll, ever. This is a mistake brought upon by new fellas who aren't as biased


You called it brother. I'll keep voting for boxer, even if he declares he will be playing with only one hand while building only ravens. As much as I like IdrA and NaDa, they're no Boxer.

Long live the Emperor.
SilverPotato
Profile Joined July 2010
United States560 Posts
October 30 2010 19:22 GMT
#378
Nada or Boxer because they play T :D
"The ability to learn faster than your competitors may be the only sustainable competitive advantage." ~Arie de Geus
Deleted User 55994
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
949 Posts
October 30 2010 20:04 GMT
#379
I voted Idra because he's a better player than Boxer & Nada vs 2 races. By chance he got ZvZ so he lost. Oh well.
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
October 30 2010 20:19 GMT
#380
Hindsight is 20/20, I love all the people here claiming they "knew" this would happen.

It looked like IdrA was going to be able to play ZvT a lot longer. I would bet on IdrA over MVP, Boxer, or Nada in a TvZ right now.
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 299
Mind 65
Bale 25
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
JimRising 694
Other Games
summit1g7332
Coldzera 701
WinterStarcraft583
C9.Mang0336
Sick172
febbydoto17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
BasetradeTV166
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2105
League of Legends
• Rush1221
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.