• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:51
CEST 15:51
KST 22:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8092 users

Power Rank 08/01/2010 - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 64 65 66 Next
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
August 01 2010 15:22 GMT
#21
Plexa sir, I must first say that you have a hard job.
Next, I shall say that you screwed up 1 and 2 again, much like last month. As much as I am a fan of JD, I don't believe he deserves #1 over Flash this month. His ZvP dominance seems to be fading a bit (sloppy play vs Kal), he's losing some games in ZvZ(7-3 in his last 10 which is actually bad for JvZ), and his ZvT is still shaky (Loss to Sea, we haven't seen him just DOMINATE the matchup yet).
I must also ask where Hiya is because I miss my magikarp.
darkness overpowering
SimonB
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1088 Posts
August 01 2010 15:23 GMT
#22
Couple other things to note on why I don't like this:

Stop penalizing Flash for not playing as many games. He's not playing as many because he didn't fail out of starleagues last season and because he carried his team for four rounds such that the 5th round was almost completely inconsequential. He's suffering because he played better before?

Don't dismiss his wins against Violet. Violet's PvT has dramatically improved. Check out his game against Midas for perfect PvT.
imweakless
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
757 Posts
August 01 2010 15:25 GMT
#23
love the rankings.. and stork coming back is just so sweet..
and yeah jaedong on number 1..
KMK,Qri,GsD#1, UEE,stork jangbi for life!
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
August 01 2010 15:29 GMT
#24
Nice write-up. You did a good job deciding on #1/#2 given how hard it is with Flash not playing lately.

As sad as it is for me to see MBC lose in PL, it seems to have taken a lot of weight off of Light and Sea's shoulders so that they can perform with all of their effort in the individual leagues. I hope that at least one of them wins their Ro8 match in the MSL.

It's nice to see Stork and Bisu both back on the PR again. I hate Protoss as much as the next Terran, but it's sad to see the MSL Ro8 without a single Protoss. Hopefully Protoss players can start winning again soon.
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
August 01 2010 15:32 GMT
#25
I really don't agree with 1 and 2 again at all. Last month Jaedong is playing great and Flash is stumbling, and you decide to make Flash number 1. This month when the games matter most at the end of the most Flash looks really solid again while Jaedong looks shaky (The games against Kal and Sea were BAD by his and number 1 power rank standards).

Your reasoning for 1 and 2 is really sketchy in my opinion.

I do agree with Fantasy at number 3 though and I would have Bisu at 5, but thats nit picking. But yeah, besides messing up the top 2 again in my opinion a pretty good rank.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
August 01 2010 15:33 GMT
#26
I think Flash showed his bonjwa level of play again in the last couple of games. I'm quite convinced he's back now, and since he was #1 last month he should've kept it once more. JD has a good record, but he's been stomping mostly mediocre opponents this month (like the 2 Bo3's he got to play in OSL, which Flash didn't because he kicked serious ass last season unlike JD) and didn't look too impressive doing it. The game vs Ssak on Dreamliner for example would've been a loss vs any competent Terran (like it was against Sea). With the 0-2 vs SKT that ended up costing his team the playoffs combined with the very shaky play he showed at the end of the month and the fact that his ZvP looks beatable again, I think he has to do more to dethrone Flash. They started out on pretty much even ELO at the start of the month, and now Flash is 17 points ahead.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
August 01 2010 15:42 GMT
#27
Surprised you put Flash first last two months and now JD this one :o

On the other hand, Fuck Yeah Stork.
Revolutionist fan
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
August 01 2010 15:44 GMT
#28
Heh, as soon as the BoX's started again Flash went on his longest winning streak since the 3-0 vs JD (and the following PL game). I think he just had a little mini-slump since there were no Starleagues to own in. Given that JD could've had the #1 last month but didn't get it, which by the way meant that Flash broke the #1 streak record , I'm quite ok with him getting it this month instead (although I disagree with it). Flash will retake it soon enough.

Dual finals once more!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Bisu-Fan
Profile Joined January 2010
Russian Federation3339 Posts
August 01 2010 15:48 GMT
#29
YAY BISU GOING UP JAEDONG BACK AT #1
DOH TAEK MYONG ALL THREE!!!!
The Revolutionist Shall Rise Again! No. 1 Kim Taek Yong Fan 어헣↗ GO JAEDONG!!!!!!! GO ACE!!! 태연 <3 윤아 <3 승연 <3
love1another
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1844 Posts
August 01 2010 15:51 GMT
#30
On August 02 2010 00:48 Bisu-Fan wrote:
YAY BISU GOING UP JAEDONG BACK AT #1
DOH TAEK MYONG ALL THREE!!!!

I know right! Bisu is totally back WOOOOOT!
"I'm learning more and more that TL isn't the place to go for advice outside of anything you need in college. It's like you guys just make up your own fantasy world shit and post it as if you've done it." - Chill
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
August 01 2010 16:03 GMT
#31
I'm liking this power rank with my initial reading of it, but got to think more about it. I agree with it for the most part, but I'll probably be back later to argue a bit :>
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
love1another
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1844 Posts
August 01 2010 16:04 GMT
#32
On August 02 2010 01:03 flamewheel wrote:
I'm liking this power rank with my initial reading of it, but got to think more about it. I agree with it for the most part, but I'll probably be back later to argue a bit :>

ooooooh.... it's ON! :D
"I'm learning more and more that TL isn't the place to go for advice outside of anything you need in college. It's like you guys just make up your own fantasy world shit and post it as if you've done it." - Chill
johanes
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Czech Republic2246 Posts
August 01 2010 16:07 GMT
#33
I think Plexas PRs are all about controversy, so JD no. 1 is no suprise. I almost feel i've solved his PRs completely.
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
August 01 2010 16:08 GMT
#34
No arguments this month, other than Baby playing so bad that he shouldn't even be CBNC
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
love1another
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1844 Posts
August 01 2010 16:09 GMT
#35
Baby isn't that bad. I mean he's not doing as badly as Shark, who doesn't even get playtime.
"I'm learning more and more that TL isn't the place to go for advice outside of anything you need in college. It's like you guys just make up your own fantasy world shit and post it as if you've done it." - Chill
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-01 16:43:39
August 01 2010 16:43 GMT
#36
A good and sensible power rank!!!

I miss my (T)HiyA, though...
n.Die_Jaedong <3
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
August 01 2010 16:45 GMT
#37
It's the exact opposite of last month, all the KT rolster fanboys are disappointed in #1/2 instead of hwaseung lol

I like Flash, but I think that he will earn back his spot in the next month since he seems to be picking it up. Seems, not necessarily is. I don't think we've seen enough of his play to know that for sure. I think that's why Plexa mentioned the lesser game count, not merely because he played less: we didn't have the opportunity to see enough games for Flash to show dominating gameplay consistently. Had he shown domination in all or most his games, or had he had more opportunities to do so, I don't think that even hardcore JD fanboys could argue that Flash wasn't #1. But he didn't , especially on the back of those dreadful vT losses (talking about people having "solved" his vT, in my opinion, is about Flash's fairly predictable vT; whereas against Fantasy, you never know whether he's going to go 2 port wraith or mass vultures. However against Flash, you almost always expect to see 1fac expand into tank and vulture with starport, going for wraiths if opponent does, or going for dropship after he gains air superiority / his opponent starts making dropships. This allows for people to tailor builds based on his predictability (fantasy killed flash's proxy rax, made a proxy fact himself, and owned Flash on match point). Unless Flash starts mixing it up, it will be too easy to call his vT "solved".

That all being said, I fully expect to see Flash as the top dawg on next month's ranking \o/
Hey! Listen!
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
August 01 2010 17:11 GMT
#38
Not sure I agree with Jaedong for #1 even though I am a big fanboy, that game vs Sea hurt my soul... but I'd say its so close between them that it shouldn't be too controversial.

Hiya though. That guy has belonged in the CNBC section for a while now...
Zaxro
Profile Joined November 2009
United States261 Posts
August 01 2010 17:13 GMT
#39
Good list Plexa, I may disagree a bit but overall the choices and explanations are reasonable. Only real complaint is that Hiya should have gotten a CNBC.

Picking Jaedong/Flash for this month was pretty hard, but I agree with Plexa that I'm more convinced of Jaedong's strength/scariness then I am Flash's, partly because of Jaedong's higher game count. Their win % are pretty close but Jaedong played almost twice as many games so I'm more convinced of Jaedong's skill level. I am somewhat penalizing Flash for playing less games, but the other main reason I'm more convinced by Jaedong is that Jaedong had a great June whereas Flash had a bad June. It's still pretty close but I have to agree with Plexa's choice for Jaedong at #1.
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
August 01 2010 17:16 GMT
#40
Hmm, I don't know, I would've reversed JD and Flash's placements for the last two months but it seems you rank it on a different criteria.
Jaedong
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 64 65 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM575
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 575
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
Yoon 46
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 18
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1783
Fnx 575
edward46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes576
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko574
B2W.Neo353
DeMusliM217
Livibee188
Pyrionflax170
Liquid`VortiX115
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr63
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV167
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH177
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2121
• Jankos1525
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur640
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 9m
The PondCast
20h 9m
INu's Battles
21h 9m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.