• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:04
CEST 00:04
KST 07:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8538 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 6

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 23 Next All
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
July 17 2010 06:57 GMT
#101
I learned of TL from playing sc1 so often. I'd see a link to TL through someones profile and go there. After awhile I really got into it after I seen so many SC1 pro matches. <3 TL
Wishing you well.
MTF
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1739 Posts
July 17 2010 07:00 GMT
#102
I actually came to TL through Team Areola (now sadly gone), which I had found while searching for a place to download replays.

Replays were the main reason I stayed around TL, too. I believe I spent more time watching those than I did playing. : x
Think. :)
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
July 17 2010 07:03 GMT
#103
There was a link to something on TL on broodwar.de, I don't remember what it was about though. This is when I first learned about TL. Must have been early in 2003. I didn't come back to TL for a few months after that and then stumbled on it again. Lurked for a few more months and then signed up towards the end of '03.
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Cheeseburgered
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States716 Posts
July 17 2010 07:03 GMT
#104
voted other:

i was on the gamefaqs SC:BW board and they kept mentioning liquipedia so i went there and found out that liquipdia was apart of this site
CJ Entusman #58 | Gogogo Stats
ghosthunter
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States414 Posts
July 17 2010 07:04 GMT
#105
When I was at Blizzcon, I first really got into blizzcon, and Tasteless (I believe he was MCing), kept plugging you guys, so I had to check you out
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
July 17 2010 07:10 GMT
#106

Voted other, honestly i don't know. Teamliquid and me has been connected for as long as i can remember...
mint_julep
Profile Joined October 2009
United States254 Posts
July 17 2010 07:12 GMT
#107
Googling starcraft questions sent me to liquipedia and I back tracked from there later on.
I hope Plexa's sig is right.
251
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1401 Posts
July 17 2010 07:20 GMT
#108
IRL friend (Evochamber)

been glued to it since Savior v Bisu
"If you can chill..........then chill."
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
July 17 2010 07:20 GMT
#109
Through IRL friend (Klogon)
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
July 17 2010 07:24 GMT
#110
I first found GosuGamers via Google and joined up. On their forums, they mentioned Teamliquid often in various contexts. Just about everyone held a grudge against sucky TL and its stupid, power-hungry mods because they were banned. "Unfairly" of course. One day I collected the courage to venture to the dangerous and mysterious realm of Teamliquid anyway. I completely abandoned GosuGamers soon after.
GrazerRinge
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
999 Posts
July 17 2010 07:38 GMT
#111
through nevake (TL VOD) in youtube,
I am glad that i found you, TL!!! =)
"Successful people don't talk much. They listen and take action."
gorchiza
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Bulgaria200 Posts
July 17 2010 07:39 GMT
#112
I know it from the first GOM , Tasteless mentioned it, I think
http://www.youtube.com/user/GORCHIZA?feature=mhee
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
July 17 2010 07:41 GMT
#113
I don't really know anymore. Maybe through some post on bwcl or pgt or blizzforums or bwmn. Maybe someone on bnet dropped me a hint. I knew about this place a long time before I actually started visiting here more frequently.

I quite certainly didn't find TL via Youtube/Search Engine/IRL friend (I am still struggling to get more people around me to play SC/SC2)/TL Event. Maybe a website link, but I normally ignore those.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
July 17 2010 07:47 GMT
#114
On July 17 2010 11:08 3 Lions wrote:
Somehow through Gosugamers, I don't remember exactly.
How ironic =/

Me too, if I remember correctly I found TL after clicking links to their news' sources or something like that. I don't have clear image.
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
BloodDrunK
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bangladesh2767 Posts
July 17 2010 07:49 GMT
#115
google ftw
You have the power to create your own destiny.
tnarg122
Profile Joined February 2008
United States12 Posts
July 17 2010 07:54 GMT
#116
Fews years back I was reading the old Blizzard SC2 forum and pretty much everyone on their was trashing TL, so I decided I would take a look for myself.
Benis Purger
Jh
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Finland151 Posts
July 17 2010 08:03 GMT
#117
what
Jayde
Profile Joined July 2009
Marshall Islands104 Posts
July 17 2010 08:14 GMT
#118
Well, here's the story. I first played SCBW in 2007 or 2008. I had a friend who had two legal copies of BW and he gave me one of them. I played the campaign and that was about it. About that time I saw some of the first SC2 videos, so obviously, I was excited about SC2. After I completed the BW campaign, I didn't play anymore.

Then, one day a friend called me up after he had been watching the arirang (Korea's global TV channel) and he said something like, "wow, that funny game you played a while back was on tv!?!" So, I kept an eye on arirang and watched the next match. I still remember that it was a PvT on zodiac in the GOM (pretty sure it was GOM) tournament. So, of course, I was blown away. All the "genius" ideas like zealot bombing and stuff were pretty much overloading my brain. So after I finished watching the game I called up my friend (who had re-watched it too) and we talked for about 20 minutes. Now I wanted to play again.

My friend and I played when we could and eventually we got a wee bit better. Competition finally drove me to do some goole searches to learn some strategies (I used to do some google searches for "advanced" SSBM stuff). I found a few weird sites that were pretty much really vague and general, but they still helped (remember, I was REALLY bad at this point).

It is worth noting that at this point I was still really just waiting for SC2 to come out.

Then I kept watching pro games and started looking for replays and more strategies. Eventually I found TL.net via a google search, but I didn't really know what I had stumbled upon at the time. I just used the site basics and looked at the "Recommended Threads" thread which was of great help to me at the time. I continued to play and watch more games and I often returned to TL.net for help with strategies and for replays. I have watched every replay posted on Teamliquid since early 2009.

I joined TL in mid 2009 after about a year of lurking.

Then everything kind of switched around in my head. I started to care less about SC2. I still will probably enjoy the game and will follow it, but I really realized that SCBW was something very, very special. Sort of a "once-in-a-lifetime" kind of thing. As long as TL is around I hope to be here, and I hope that they keep up with posting SCBW reps.

Cheers.
Starcraft: Brood War <3
thezergk
Profile Joined October 2009
United States492 Posts
July 17 2010 08:19 GMT
#119
Tasteless told me about back in the GOM days
Nada vs. TLO Results: "Nada 1 TLO 1 Bnet 2 KESPA 1"
Tigi
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany472 Posts
July 17 2010 08:29 GMT
#120
On July 17 2010 11:08 DanceCommander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2010 11:08 3 Lions wrote:
Somehow through Gosugamers, I don't remember exactly.
How ironic =/

LOL ME TOO

same here
§1: Die Units des Hasu sind unantastbar.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 164
Liquid`TLO 141
ProTech138
RuFF_SC2 117
ViBE55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16166
Artosis 89
firebathero 88
PianO 16
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever326
canceldota84
League of Legends
Doublelift3824
Counter-Strike
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
PPMD48
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu622
Other Games
summit1g6984
FrodaN1235
shahzam530
B2W.Neo360
C9.Mang0321
RotterdaM105
Mew2King30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile137
• StrangeGG 31
• RyuSc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1109
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
OSC
12m
Replay Cast
57m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.