• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:52
CEST 11:52
KST 18:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7185 users

Power Rank 04/04/2010 - Page 23

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 32 Next All
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
April 23 2010 12:17 GMT
#441
I didn't know where to put this but I was looking over Jaedong's ZvP and the last time he lost to a Protoss that wasn't Stork was Movie back in June 18th.

Rofl~
this is my quote.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
April 23 2010 14:11 GMT
#442
He lost to Stork last month.
Remember Violet.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
April 23 2010 14:23 GMT
#443
On April 23 2010 23:11 TwoToneTerran wrote:
He lost to Stork last month.


On April 23 2010 21:17 Ozarugold wrote:
I didn't know where to put this but I was looking over Jaedong's ZvP and the last time he lost to a Protoss that wasn't Stork was Movie back in June 18th.

Rofl~


Btw, Flash new ELO record. XD
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
April 23 2010 14:29 GMT
#444
Does anybody remember how excited we were when somebody managed to break ELO record? Or when anything 2300+ was considered insanely high?

Yeah, those were the times...

+ Show Spoiler +
Go Flash!
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
April 23 2010 14:42 GMT
#445
Does anyone else feel that Flash is ruining the enjoyment of watching BW with other players? After watching a game with Flash's perfection in it, I notice so many mistakes and so much bad play in everyone else's games. All I keep thinking when I watch any other player (especially Terran players) is ''Ugh, Flash would've done that so much better''. It's getting pretty annoying. >_< He's spoiling me so that I cannot fully appreciate the entertainment factor in games with players of average skill.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
April 23 2010 15:18 GMT
#446
On April 23 2010 23:42 Holgerius wrote:
Does anyone else feel that Flash is ruining the enjoyment of watching BW with other players? After watching a game with Flash's perfection in it, I notice so many mistakes and so much bad play in everyone else's games. All I keep thinking when I watch any other player (especially Terran players) is ''Ugh, Flash would've done that so much better''. It's getting pretty annoying. >_< He's spoiling me so that I cannot fully appreciate the entertainment factor in games with players of average skill.


No I don't feel that way at all.
And Flash doesn't play perfect either.

I think it's only you. :p
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 15:23:13
April 23 2010 15:22 GMT
#447
It doesn't ruin other games for me, but Flash certainly has more awe inspiring games than anyone of the current generation. To point, Jaedong vs Stork on Match Point was an absolutely incredible game.
Remember Violet.
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
April 23 2010 15:51 GMT
#448
Yay, new ELO record! Was that the..uh.. seventh time he beat it?
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
Fenrax
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States5018 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 17:49:50
April 23 2010 17:47 GMT
#449
On April 23 2010 20:18 Samurai- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 19:29 Fenrax wrote:
Woah. BaBy played super impressive. He nearly got FlaSh. It was the first time since I don't know when that FlaSh looked outplayed and outmultitasked, BaBy nearly came back despite Flash's huge advantage.

Strange logic, if u outplay and outmultitask someone, you win. Baby lost, and i didnt look like he outplayed flash at all, it was a much closer game, which is expected from people at this level, specialy OSL. Flash also had MSL yesterday, and his team plays tomorrow, so winning here is still ownage that only Flash can handle.


He was very far behind when he lost his base early on and also lost every position on the map. Then he fought his way back into the game even though it was not enough in the end. Nevertheless it seemed to me that Baby had much better unit control and multitasking in the midgame and lategame. I was very impressed by BaBys performance, especially because for the last million games I never felt that anyone could straight up take on Flash, they would either need a buildorder advantage (Midas, M18M), hidden bases (Stork, Hyun) or superior strategical choices (hyvaa). I wouldn't be surprised if BaBy goes 2-1 against both Movie and MvP unless his confidence is shaken.

My vote for 2nd place still goes to JD though, I think he plays much better than people give him credit for.

On April 23 2010 23:42 Holgerius wrote:
Does anyone else feel that Flash is ruining the enjoyment of watching BW with other players? After watching a game with Flash's perfection in it, I notice so many mistakes and so much bad play in everyone else's games. All I keep thinking when I watch any other player (especially Terran players) is ''Ugh, Flash would've done that so much better''. It's getting pretty annoying. >_< He's spoiling me so that I cannot fully appreciate the entertainment factor in games with players of average skill.


No, not at all. That would be like saying Maradona makes soccer boring, Michael Jordan makes basketball boring or Roger Federer makes Tennis boring. It also takes away the feeling that you watch a buildorder lottery and watch a game about skill instead.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
April 23 2010 20:15 GMT
#450
On April 24 2010 02:47 Fenrax wrote:
He was very far behind when he lost his base early on and also lost every position on the map. Then he fought his way back into the game even though it was not enough in the end. Nevertheless it seemed to me that Baby had much better unit control and multitasking in the midgame and lategame.


He played well, but I disagree that he had better unitcontrol/multitasking than flash.

What kept him in the game so long was some lucky mines really...


According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
April 23 2010 20:44 GMT
#451
On April 24 2010 02:47 Fenrax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 20:18 Samurai- wrote:
On April 23 2010 19:29 Fenrax wrote:
Woah. BaBy played super impressive. He nearly got FlaSh. It was the first time since I don't know when that FlaSh looked outplayed and outmultitasked, BaBy nearly came back despite Flash's huge advantage.

Strange logic, if u outplay and outmultitask someone, you win. Baby lost, and i didnt look like he outplayed flash at all, it was a much closer game, which is expected from people at this level, specialy OSL. Flash also had MSL yesterday, and his team plays tomorrow, so winning here is still ownage that only Flash can handle.


He was very far behind when he lost his base early on and also lost every position on the map. Then he fought his way back into the game even though it was not enough in the end. Nevertheless it seemed to me that Baby had much better unit control and multitasking in the midgame and lategame. I was very impressed by BaBys performance, especially because for the last million games I never felt that anyone could straight up take on Flash, they would either need a buildorder advantage (Midas, M18M), hidden bases (Stork, Hyun) or superior strategical choices (hyvaa). I wouldn't be surprised if BaBy goes 2-1 against both Movie and MvP unless his confidence is shaken.

My vote for 2nd place still goes to JD though, I think he plays much better than people give him credit for.

Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 23:42 Holgerius wrote:
Does anyone else feel that Flash is ruining the enjoyment of watching BW with other players? After watching a game with Flash's perfection in it, I notice so many mistakes and so much bad play in everyone else's games. All I keep thinking when I watch any other player (especially Terran players) is ''Ugh, Flash would've done that so much better''. It's getting pretty annoying. >_< He's spoiling me so that I cannot fully appreciate the entertainment factor in games with players of average skill.


No, not at all. That would be like saying Maradona makes soccer boring, Michael Jordan makes basketball boring or Roger Federer makes Tennis boring. It also takes away the feeling that you watch a buildorder lottery and watch a game about skill instead.

Well, to be honest that is actually how it is for me; I don't get much enjoyment out of watching the swedish football league when I have recently watched Messi and Barcelona. It can be very entertaining in it's own right, a game of football on any level can be given the right conditions, but with the spectacle of the world's absolutely best (TOTTI!) fresh in mind it bores the fuck out of me to watch those who cannot play on nearly the same level. Who wants to see a (relatively speaking) noob get 50% of his passes wrong (and all of passes that reaches the intended target does so in knee's hight and is controlled in a less than satisfactory way) when you can watch Xavi with his surgical precision? These days I mostly tune in to games with the big teams of the big leagues.

When I watch Light get crushed by Stork's Carriers all that enters my mind is images of Flash destroying 5 bases within the span of a couple of minutes in a pre-carrier push vs Kal just days before. I automatically compare everything I see to The Ultimate Weapon, and everything seems bleach when I do so. Flash is so far ahead of everyone in terms of micro (vs Soulkeys Lurkers, holy fuck!), macro, game sense, timing and (especially) decision making (really) that it's not even funny. While his games aren't literally perfect (that would include stuff like each and every marine beng microed individually (would love to see what Data from Star Trek could accomplish playing SC )), they most certainly strike me as being exactly that compared to the other players. There are virtually no moments when you go ''That's fucking retarded'' when Flash plays (other than thinking so about the opponent). I can point out a ton of such moments recently with Sea, Light, Baby, Jaedong or basically anyone not Flash. The 10 game winning streak that he's on is seemingly effortless, he just coasts along and wins his games due to being a sooo much smarter and better than his foe. He said that he didn't prepare much for TvP for the ace match vs Free (who's fucking good now, and probably prepared a lot), but it didn't matter - he just rolled him completely anyways.

Flash is polluting the entertainment value of BW for me. I have a hard time finding joy or satisfaction when watching Great vs Fantasy (or similar) because they fail so hard in comparison the how The Special One would play. Some of the other top players can churn out awesome games enough to makes me intruiged in 50% of the games they play, but it's still far from how I felt a year ago. This is the way I see it. But I should not complain, I'm a Flash-fan. Go get the Golden Mouse already!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Beachac
Profile Joined June 2009
United States278 Posts
April 23 2010 21:01 GMT
#452
On April 24 2010 05:15 StylishVODs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2010 02:47 Fenrax wrote:
He was very far behind when he lost his base early on and also lost every position on the map. Then he fought his way back into the game even though it was not enough in the end. Nevertheless it seemed to me that Baby had much better unit control and multitasking in the midgame and lategame.


He played well, but I disagree that he had better unitcontrol/multitasking than flash.

What kept him in the game so long was some lucky mines really...




exactly; baby played good, but the mines ultimately made the game drag out longer to what would surely have been a much quicker victory for flash.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
April 24 2010 06:56 GMT
#453
Jaedong just pulled his shit together.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
April 24 2010 06:59 GMT
#454
I would say Baby is the only one who could snatch #2 from JD.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
April 24 2010 07:00 GMT
#455
Jaedong beating Hite isn't pulling his shit together. Jaedong could lose both his arms in a tragic tectonic dancing accident and still beat hite.
Remember Violet.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
April 24 2010 07:08 GMT
#456
On April 24 2010 16:00 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Jaedong beating Hite isn't pulling his shit together. Jaedong could lose both his arms in a tragic tectonic dancing accident and still beat hite.

There's also his MSL ro16 performance. Which wasn't dominating, but showed that he has the determination.

Today we saw Jaedong the merciless terran slayer again. If he only gets to play a few protosses for a change, I'm sure he'll prove beyond doubt that he's the current #2 player.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
April 24 2010 07:09 GMT
#457
On April 24 2010 16:00 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Jaedong beating Hite isn't pulling his shit together. Jaedong could lose both his arms in a tragic tectonic dancing accident and still beat hite.


Yep. Jaedong beating Hite (terrans or not) is as sure as Flash all-killing ACE.

It isn't by any means impressive, but it still two wins.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-24 07:10:54
April 24 2010 07:09 GMT
#458
I'm just saying, there's two things that makes Jaedong nearly unbeatable. One is being in a Bo5, the other is playing against someone on Hite. Other than that he's still losing to Ruby.

I'd say Baby still deserves #2 if he takes down MVP later. If not then by all means toss Jaedong in there, because despite playing really well against Flash, he obviously isn't making it to the Ro4 in OSL either.
Remember Violet.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
April 24 2010 07:18 GMT
#459
On April 24 2010 16:09 TwoToneTerran wrote:
I'm just saying, there's two things that makes Jaedong nearly unbeatable. One is being in a Bo5, the other is playing against someone on Hite. Other than that he's still losing to Ruby.
You forgot: playing against any protoss (except Stork).
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
April 24 2010 08:13 GMT
#460
Bye, bye Baby...
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10354
Rain 3257
soO 430
BeSt 395
Stork 386
Soulkey 344
Soma 316
Rush 224
firebathero 216
Barracks 157
[ Show more ]
Sexy 82
Shinee 44
Killer 33
Shine 24
sorry 24
HiyA 22
Sharp 20
Sacsri 18
hero 16
yabsab 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Terrorterran 11
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5291
League of Legends
JimRising 439
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King126
Other Games
gofns34305
singsing1127
Pyrionflax204
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 3
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 53
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV150
League of Legends
• Jankos2743
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8m
CranKy Ducklings18
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
Patches Events
5h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 8m
OSC
13h 8m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.