• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:55
CEST 18:55
KST 01:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8326 users

Pre-Liquibition #25 Interviews

Forum Index > News
40 CommentsPost a Reply
Normal

Pre-Liquibition #25 Interviews

Text byPlexa
December 20th, 2008 13:44 GMT
[image loading]

Liquibition #25 is just a few days away now and my excitement for this series just keeps growing. Unable to contain myself any longer, I interviewed both IefNaij and DinOt about their thoughts on their upcoming Bo7 series. IefNaij also shared some wisdom about Liquibition #24. Before you get to far ahead of yourself, remember that this event will be streamed at 4pm EST, 22:00 CET or 6am KST and will be casted by X and Y. On top of that, the final map in the series has been decided, and will be none other than the fan favorite - Ride of Valkyries.


MYM.IefNaij

How does it feel to have successfully retained the Liquibition crown for the second time?

Feels great. I just hope I can defend my title once again ^^

How did you feel about your games with Brat_OK?

I thought the series was quite good, very intense games. I’m glad most of you enjoyed it.

Did you play on using the elevator strategy on Lost Temple before the series started?

No, I actually thought of it a few minutes prior to the actual match. My ‘confidence’ on LT was a lie, I just wanted to psyche him out, the walls on LT is Terran heaven. You must be a fool to think I was serious.

Your next opponent is your fellow clan mate MYM.DinOt; do you practice with him much?

Despite being team mates, we actually don’t practice together. With school and everything, our time schedule doesn’t match well.

Why did you decide to pick Wuthering Heights as a map?

I lost to Dinot on Wuthering in TSL, I simply want my revenge.

The final map for the series is Ride Of Valkyries which received 32% of the fan vote. This is quite an old map and said to be Z>P; what are your thoughts on this map?

I don’t remember how to play most of the old maps. I hope we can finish the series before the 7th set ^^.

You have amassed an army on fans on TeamLiquid - do you have anything you'd like to say to them?

Hehe. Thanks to those who support me, the nice words you guys say really motivates me to play better. I’ll continue playing my best at all times.


MYM.DinOt

Liquibition has a long history of top players competing, do you feel honoured being chosen as the challenger to face IefNaij?

Yes, this is really a nice event so im very grateful of playing it.

If you were to win this Liquibition, who do you think would be the most exciting challenger to face you?

Mondragon, because he is actually the best zerg non korean and I've only faced him once.

What do you think is strongest about IefNaij's PvZ?

His timing is hard to play against, he always gets the specific unit or build in time, so is really hard to surprise him.

IefNaij chose Wuthering Heights and Longinus II as maps for this series; both maps are said to be heavily P>Z. What do you think about these choices?

In this kind of showmatch is normal to choose maps to your favor, but I don't think this maps are too imbalanced like a island map would be, so its no problem.

You mostly chose standard, reasonably balanced maps; is there any reason for this?

I don't really know maps were z>p clearly, so I just picked maps where I think I've more options to win.

The final map for the series is Ride Of Valkyries which received 32% of the fan vote. This is quite an old map and said to be Z>P; what are your thoughts on this map?
I don't know how this map is for zvp, so I just have to play it.

You're one of the newer top tier gamers on the scene; What has been the highlight of your "career" thus far?

MYM

What has been your most memorable game/series played?

TSL games

There are quite a number of fans who support you over at TeamLiquid; do you have anything you'd like to say to them?
Thanks to all of them for supporting me


Liquibition kicks off very soon and a winner will be declared. Who will it be? IefNaij the legendary TSL hero? Or DinOt, the explosive new Zerg. All will be revealed on the 21st! So be sure to tune in.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Play
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia608 Posts
December 20 2008 14:08 GMT
#2
Dinot really poured his heart out
jmascis
GearitUP
Profile Joined November 2008
United States337 Posts
December 20 2008 14:18 GMT
#3
haha awesome Im on the first page. xD this is going to be a good match I got a feeling... Psssssst what are the chances of gettin WHITE-RA for the next liquibition xD
Own<Owned<Ownt<Pwn<Pwned<PwnT< YOU NEWB!
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
December 20 2008 14:20 GMT
#4
Reminds me of Midas, so long answers, almost as long as the questions

The final map for the series is Ride Of Valkyries which received 32% of the fan vote. This is quite an old map and said to be Z>P; what are your thoughts on this map?
I don't know how this map is for zvp, so I just have to play it.

You're one of the newer top tier gamers on the scene; What has been the highlight of your "career" thus far?

MYM

What has been your most memorable game/series played?

TSL games

There are quite a number of fans who support you over at TeamLiquid; do you have anything you'd like to say to them?
Thanks to all of them for supporting me
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
December 20 2008 15:00 GMT
#5
Feels as if it's gonna be a better match-up than last one. I do agree with, Play. DinOt gained my respect with his attitude. But I have a strong feeling lefNaij is going to win.
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
December 20 2008 15:08 GMT
#6
gogogo dinot zer gfan here <3 :D
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
KnightOfNi
Profile Joined December 2007
United States1508 Posts
December 20 2008 15:20 GMT
#7
GOGOGOGO DINOT!!!
RIP eSTRO :(
uNiGNoRe
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Germany1115 Posts
December 20 2008 15:49 GMT
#8
I love to hear X casting, but I prefer Y for some reason.
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-20 16:22:47
December 20 2008 16:01 GMT
#9
JF! JF!

I predict a 4-0. EZ

You have amassed an army on fans on TeamLiquid - do you have anything you'd like to say to them?


I have always been JF fan! Always! :D
Chains none
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
December 20 2008 17:01 GMT
#10
I root for JF here!
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
December 20 2008 17:14 GMT
#11
hope for some great games!
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
December 20 2008 17:22 GMT
#12
JF easy.
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Makhno
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Sweden585 Posts
December 20 2008 17:23 GMT
#13
Rooting for Dinot here, would be so much fun to se a Bo7 ZvZ with him vs Mondragon.
"If I think, everything is lost"
thor jton
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada62 Posts
December 20 2008 17:54 GMT
#14
well
i'm not gonna be here for that day
so i'll have to search up some vods on christmas of this
go jianfei
SirGlinG
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden933 Posts
December 20 2008 17:57 GMT
#15
On December 21 2008 02:23 Makhno wrote:
Rooting for Dinot here, would be so much fun to se a Bo7 ZvZ with him vs Mondragon.

Not my chair. Not my problem. That's what I say
dataXploit
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada81 Posts
December 20 2008 18:12 GMT
#16
Go JianFei! 4-0 him!
drone
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
70 Posts
December 20 2008 18:34 GMT
#17
gogo dinot!
마재윤
errol1001
Profile Joined April 2008
454 Posts
December 20 2008 20:13 GMT
#18
7 matches of ZvZ. I'd kill myself. +1 for JF.
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
December 20 2008 20:28 GMT
#19
This should be awesome.
Hopefully Chill can cast this,
(That's just my bias.)
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
December 20 2008 20:47 GMT
#20
JAY EFF.
Seraphim
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States4467 Posts
December 20 2008 21:46 GMT
#21
Gogo JF!
Hermes | Bisu[Shield] Fighting~!
Semagdnim
Profile Joined May 2008
United States126 Posts
December 20 2008 22:22 GMT
#22
I really like DinOt, but we'll see how this goes. I predict another 4-2 JF.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
December 20 2008 22:55 GMT
#23
Did you play on using the elevator strategy on Lost Temple before the series started?

No, I actually thought of it a few minutes prior to the actual match. My ‘confidence’ on LT was a lie, I just wanted to psyche him out, the walls on LT is Terran heaven. You must be a fool to think I was serious.

LOL
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
December 20 2008 23:21 GMT
#24
On December 21 2008 07:55 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
Did you play on using the elevator strategy on Lost Temple before the series started?

No, I actually thought of it a few minutes prior to the actual match. My ‘confidence’ on LT was a lie, I just wanted to psyche him out, the walls on LT is Terran heaven. You must be a fool to think I was serious.

LOL


What can I say? I guess I am a fool.
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
StalinRusH
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States734 Posts
December 21 2008 01:30 GMT
#25
"Did you play on using the elevator strategy on Lost Temple before the series started?

No, I actually thought of it a few minutes prior to the actual match. My ‘confidence’ on LT was a lie, I just wanted to psyche him out, the walls on LT is Terran heaven. You must be a fool to think I was serious."

we may be fools for thinking you were serious but we were all thinking you were crazy for supposedly thinking it
A Combination Of Tuberculosis And A Tomahawk To The Head:: Nothing Bonds Drunken Idiots Like Sexual Innuendos ::
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
December 21 2008 02:08 GMT
#26
JF! JF! JF!
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
December 21 2008 04:40 GMT
#27
Go JF!
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
never_Nal
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica676 Posts
December 21 2008 05:12 GMT
#28
Hard decision T_T Dinot is Zerg young and Latino so......Dinot
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dgtl
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada889 Posts
December 21 2008 06:16 GMT
#29
I think one of the casters is....(don't look if you want the casters to be a surprise or if spoiling is not allowed T_T)+ Show Spoiler +
Cholera
^______________^
Splunge
Profile Joined July 2008
Germany925 Posts
December 21 2008 10:20 GMT
#30
Dinot fighting!! For the swarm!
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
December 21 2008 11:44 GMT
#31
Yea, Chill can't be sure he can make it so I will be casting with Cholera
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
morfyy
Profile Joined May 2007
Romania593 Posts
December 21 2008 12:21 GMT
#32
This will be a epic game hope JF win it . GL to bout player
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
December 21 2008 16:36 GMT
#33
Only four and a half hours to go, guyz, zomg! wtf? lol!~ keke

I expect some really nice PvZ games. I'm predicting 4-0 JF buuuuut I wouldn't mind 4-3 just so all the games get played ^_^

Plexa/Cholera for the fucking win, by the way. I can't wait, can we start early? :D
Chains none
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
December 21 2008 16:51 GMT
#34
DinOt you better start off with 5 pool!
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Avius
Profile Joined October 2007
Iraq1796 Posts
December 21 2008 17:25 GMT
#35
JF all the way, brother of aiur!
aka. Samael
Midnight)Sun
Profile Joined January 2003
United States256 Posts
December 21 2008 18:54 GMT
#36
Is there going to be a liquibet??
DrKN
Profile Joined September 2008
Sweden130 Posts
December 21 2008 19:44 GMT
#37
Is it Live game or replays this time?
NotSupporting
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1998 Posts
December 21 2008 20:10 GMT
#38
On December 22 2008 04:44 DrKN wrote:
Is it Live game or replays this time?


I would say 99% sure that it's replays, really hope Chill get's back, chill plexa duo would be nice
Pads
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
England3228 Posts
December 21 2008 20:15 GMT
#39
Really hope DinOt practised HARD for this. I fear it will be too easy for JF if he hasn't
#1 Kwanro[saM] fan!
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
December 21 2008 20:35 GMT
#40
I'm also curious if there will be a liquibet for this.

4-1 JF (I'd love 4-0, but I think Dinot may get lucky once)

Also, Chill casting would be the best. <3
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 23:17:58
December 21 2008 21:38 GMT
#41
Is it replay or live ?

edit : ok it's live x)
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 63
Codebar 35
UpATreeSC 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1243
EffOrt 1192
Mini 708
Soma 625
actioN 468
Rush 438
Light 326
Larva 311
BeSt 223
Snow 153
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 111
Dewaltoss 111
Zeus 67
Liquid`Ret 58
Barracks 58
Sexy 30
Shine 27
JYJ 26
soO 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Rock 11
zelot 11
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2097
Dendi895
420jenkins174
Counter-Strike
Fnx 797
pashabiceps705
x6flipin587
ceh9384
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5663
Grubby3969
Liquid`Hasu353
Other Games
Beastyqt545
byalli428
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor188
DeMusliM170
Liquid`VortiX146
ArmadaUGS142
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 86
C9.Mang074
TKL 61
Trikslyr59
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV268
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile125
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 6
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
League of Legends
• Nemesis2887
• TFBlade851
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 5m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 5m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.